AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-24, 17:27   Link #29461
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
You should see the reviews that I've had to delete. =/
No, no... that's okay... I don't need to see them...
Old 2011-02-24, 17:31   Link #29462
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Thing is, after all that shit I still don't particularly mind NanoFate. I've written my share of NanoFate fics, but it never seems enough for some people.

Well, I can separate the pairing from its fanatical base. It's not NanoFate's fault that some of its shippers are so rabid.
Old 2011-02-24, 17:31   Link #29463
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Spoiler for comment:
Spoiler for Reply to Tiresias:
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 17:34   Link #29464
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Thing is, after all that shit I still don't particularly mind NanoFate. I've written my share of NanoFate fics, but it never seems enough for some people.

Well, I can separate the pairing from its fanatical base. It's not NanoFate's fault that some of its shippers are so rabid.
I TRY to, I really do.

But, really, I really do understand how Kestral felt back in the days of the FFML in a different fandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Spoiler for Reply to Tiresias:
Spoiler for To my defense...:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 17:35   Link #29465
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
But, really, I really do understand how Kestral felt back in the days of the FFML in a different fandom.
Old 2011-02-24, 17:53   Link #29466
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for To my defense...:
Spoiler for The defense of your defense.:
Old 2011-02-24, 18:03   Link #29467
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It was just my experience with FFT that romance ruled supreme back early last year--no offense to Nanya at all, but it was in the middle of A Day in the Life when I first started posting fics. I was lost under the Day comments.
The irony is, Day is pretty much the only romance-centric fic that's gotten any attention around here since Satashi stopped posting regularly.

Quote:
(And then when DA2 hits on the third of March, it's just fucking over until I finish the game...)
Oh, man--you have only eight days to complete the epilogue to false light or we won't see it until April!

Quote:
Particularly with Daemon Kaiser, which doesn't have anything definite. I've had demands that the story end with Yuuno dead and Nanoha and Fate making sweet love every day.

... Hm... How many here would prefer such an ending?
Not me. Particularly the "dead Yuuno" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Or the one that put the cast as circus performers (as well as some CSI parodies)?
You actually identified the reason why those are liked--"Center Ring" is an out-and-out comedy and the Daily Activity Logs are close to it, even though both have carefully-crafted worlds and characters. Humor excuses a lot of stuff that people wouldn't be interested in in a "serious" story.

Quote:
*dashes into the comment section*

...not as bombastic as I was expecting.
Yeah, that was actually pretty reasonable. Though I'm not sure a lot of howling NanoFate fans would have lasted 29 chapters of Infinity, anyway.

(What really scares me is...these characters are 10 or 11 years old, for God's sake! People shouldn't even be debating romantic shipping between them. *pounds head against wall* )

Quote:
It's a conditioned reflex. How many of you actually read the EULA?
Pretty much never...but I do always read people's author's notes. I've been able to save myself the trouble of reading any number of bad fics by reading the author's notes.

Quote:
He's right. Aren't the others supposed to be wary of the scene? Would the average bystander shuts up when seeing a repeated sex offender offering 'candy in the van' to little kids?
Well, not Signum. Knowing how people operate, that would be interpreted as Signum being jealous of Ammy showing attention to someone else. (Actually, knowing Moczo, I could see him including that just to yank people's chains! ) The problem is, the really ick stuff about Ammy has happened "off-screen" from the heroes' perspective. She even specifically passed on Fate because of Fate's age (although noting her perv-attracting character design).

Quote:

After all the crap you've taken, it amazes me that you can thing that way. I just don't understand how anybody can become that emotionally invested in the romantic lives of fictional characters (worse, the fictional romantic lives of fictional characters, in that they don't have said romances in the actual franchise material). I just can't track that mindset.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 18:15   Link #29468
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
After all the crap you've taken, it amazes me that you can thing that way. I just don't understand how anybody can become that emotionally invested in the romantic lives of fictional characters (worse, the fictional romantic lives of fictional characters, in that they don't have said romances in the actual franchise material). I just can't track that mindset.
Well, it apparently has to do with what it 'stands for.' NanoFate is latched onto, particularly by yuri fans (lesbian or not) because they see it as a 'rare' realistically portrayed lesbian couple. Yes, because yuri is so scarce

Basically NanoFate represents all lesbian couples, and to deny it is equivalent to saying "being gay is horrible and wrong!"

I've been told that there are so many other shows I can write straight romance for, but there's so very few lesbian couples for people to enjoy so I should let them have it.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:15   Link #29469
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

It threatened to make my head explode on numerous occasions, so In the end I gave up.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:16   Link #29470
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Well, it apparently has to do with what it 'stands for.' NanoFate is latched onto, particularly by yuri fans (lesbian or not) because they see it as a 'rare' realistically portrayed lesbian couple. Yes, because yuri is so scarce

Basically NanoFate represents all lesbian couples, and to deny it is equivalent to saying "being gay is horrible and wrong!"

I've been told that there are so many other shows I can write straight romance for, but there's so very few lesbian couples for people to enjoy so I should let them have it.
...if you need me, I'll be over here headdesking. Again.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 18:19   Link #29471
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Of course their argument is completely invalidated because the only 'lesbian' relationship they get mad about me 'ruining' is NanoFate. No one has a problem with me pairing Teana with Vice and 'destroying' the SubaTea pairing, which arguably is closer to being canon than NanoFate is.

There's a firmly set mindset that the Nanoha franchise is a yuri series (been touted as one of the 'pillars' of the yuri fandom at that), despite the fact it's never listed anywhere under that genre.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:25   Link #29472
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

I don't mind yuri in Nanoha (heck, I wrote the first Vita/Hayate shipping fic, as far as I know of).

I just like to play with all sorts of shipping.

It's kind of too bad that the vocal minority got to me too... I would have eventually tried a NanoFate fic once I could think up a good plot for it.

Old 2011-02-24, 18:27   Link #29473
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
...if you need me, I'll be over here headdesking. Again.
*sneaks a gel wrist-rest under Dezo's forehead, then walks away whistling*
Old 2011-02-24, 18:31   Link #29474
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@Dezo: I know, I've got so much to do this weekend!

I have a PILE of homework and studying to get done, plus my new laptop is coming in tomorrow, so I have to migrate my user profile, then factory-reset my existing PC and strip the Gatway bloatware so I can give it to my girlfriend... but I think I can manage to squeeze out the Epilogue.

Because yeah, once DA2 lands in my hot little hands, there's no hope of any fic posts until after I beat it. I figure I'll start a DAOrigins/Awakening playthrough with 100% Completion so I can transfer save game when I get DA2.

Think I'm going to go with a rogue Lady Hawke for DA2. Carver's lame, Bethany is better and Hawke's class determines which sibling dies.

@00-Raiser: I actually like NanoFate, but I also like Yuunoha. I don't have any problems with anyone tweaking any pairings, since my fics never really focus on the romance, anyway--it's just supplementary material.

I don't really agree with people who deny NanoFate in canon, even though it's somewhat ambiguous, but the true canon pairing is, as we all know... Nanoha/job.

The worst review I've ever received on FF.net was for The Call, actually, and was a pretty poor attempt at trolling me. "Fucking garbage" was all the "review" contained. I left it because it made me crack up.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:49   Link #29475
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

For reviews I've gotten rather simple stuff like "what? yuuno x Fate? I thought it was nanofate congratulations F91, you did it again, you’re the greatest troll EVER!" and "I can't express how much I hate you for this, you homophobic." to long winded rants that I won't reproduce here.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:24   Link #29476
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
heh if you react to anything, you were trolled by that thing. so just sigh at the vocal minorities and keep writing awesome fics.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 20:19   Link #29477
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Nearing the end of the Shine Arc...

In an unrelated note, 5 hour energy SUCKS!

Shine 1 -45

Shine 46

Shine 47

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine 48:

Old 2011-02-24, 20:27   Link #29478
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Oh that crazy Due, seriously that never gets old. Nice to see that everyone survived the encounter though, even if they are the bad guys at this point.
Old 2011-02-24, 20:28   Link #29479
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Oh that crazy Due, seriously that never gets old. Nice to see that everyone survived the encounter though, even if they are the bad guys at this point.
Would you rather see a death fest?
Old 2011-02-24, 21:32   Link #29480
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Oh that crazy Due, seriously that never gets old.
Glad it doesn't. ^_^

*shifty* Just WAIT until the end of this arc.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha