Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Meanwhile, on Seo Kouji's twitter...
Old 2010-05-10, 12:47   Link #2942
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
what's going on there? i can't read Japanese good enough to understand in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
If that is true, then my opinions on Eba would improve vastly. I would like that alot
Spoiler for pic:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 12:58   Link #2943
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

The point with the sacrifice was not about saying she did everything right, that would be delusional, in fact she commited many horrible mistakes (and is right now as well) and I won't try to evaluate who, Eba or Haruto,. No, my point about her sacrificing her own happiness is that her motivation was pure at the core, she did all that so no one would have to suffer other than herself. The problem is just that her execution of her "plan" was so faulty it backfired into the situation she originally tried to avoid the most.
My problem is when people start antagonizing characters because of their mistakes. It's not the mistakes that antagonists are made of, they're made of bad intentions and foul motivation but when was Eba ever presented as acting out of wickedness at all? She wasn't and isn't right now in recent chapters either.
I'm not trying to excuse the actions of a character here, after all, it's an author that puts characters into constructed situations, not the characters themself, I'm just suggesting to see it a bit more neutral than personal.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 13:01   Link #2944
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Is it me or they just talking about the weather more then anything...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 13:06   Link #2945
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The point with the sacrifice was not about saying she did everything right, that would be delusional, in fact she commited many horrible mistakes (and is right now as well) and I won't try to evaluate who, Eba or Haruto,. No, my point about her sacrificing her own happiness is that her motivation was pure at the core, she did all that so no one would have to suffer other than herself. The problem is just that her execution of her "plan" was so faulty it backfired into the situation she originally tried to avoid the most.
My problem is when people start antagonizing characters because of their mistakes. It's not the mistakes that antagonists are made of, they're made of bad intentions and foul motivation but when was Eba ever presented as acting out of wickedness at all? She wasn't and isn't right now in recent chapters either.
I'm not trying to excuse the actions of a character here, after all, it's an author that puts characters into constructed situations, not the characters themself, I'm just suggesting to see it a bit more neutral than personal.

Waven, you have seen me in GE threads in here and on OneManga, and you might've seen how I defended Shou and Yuki, as I previously did it with Suzuka, so you might know that I dont unnecessarily antagonise characters. However, something with how Eba handled the whole thing and her treatment of Haruto just dosnt sit right with me, and makes me really dislike her, which , really doesnt happen that often for me, as I usually am pretty openminded, but somewhere along the line Eba just went from bad to worse in my eyes.
Old 2010-05-10, 13:34   Link #2946
Soviet

Quote:
My problem is when people start antagonizing characters because of their mistakes.
Nothing wrong with that. If Eba was not able to see that her course of action was omgwtfamidoing-stupid she deserves all the hate she gets. This clusterfuck of a "love triangle" is blowing up in everyones faces, good going Eba.

Quote:
It's not the mistakes that antagonists are made of, they're made of bad intentions and foul motivation but when was Eba ever presented as acting out of wickedness at all?
You have to draw the line somewhere though. And in the most recent chapter she crossed this line....and went for a 10km hike beyond the border. She might not have been driven by wickedness but when you deliver a blow like that it stops making a difference. The damage is done.

We all know know this drama will be resolved and they will end up together somehow...but strictly speaking for myself, I just can't bring myself to like this girl anymore, so the resolution of this situation no matter how it works out will leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:04   Link #2947
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
You know how they say "Road to hell is built on good intentions."
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:16   Link #2948
Shadow5YA

*sigh* I never said Nanami couldn't confess to Haruto again. She just can't expect Haruto to wait for her when she turned him down. She was expecting too much of Haruto, don't you think?

Anyway, we'll just see how this next chapter turns out. If she is pretending not to know Haruto, then she'll be in the wrong, but for now after she directly confronted Haruto, both Eba and Haruto are still idiots in the same boat.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-05-10 at 14:31.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 22:22   Link #2949
ZeKeR
Superbad

@Darknemo2000: more like 'hope is the first step on the road to disappointment' and haruto is running on that road
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 22:23   Link #2950
Dark Mage

If you are talking about the rejection at the festival, then how was Nanami expecting Haruto to wait for her? She turned him down for good, so didnt expect anything from him after that. But if you are talking about the part where she asked for some more time and asked Haruto to wait for her, then may I remind you, it was Haruto who agreed to wait for her answer, so yeah she can expect Haruto to wait since she asked if he can, and he said he will, so there's nothing wrong in expecting. She wanted to get to know him better and wanted to obseve how close he really was to Eba
Old 2010-05-11, 00:37   Link #2951
RyanAs

Eba's character now is completely different that it was when they were back in hiroshima, I think that there is something else to it but will have to wait and see
Btw hi all!

Edit - Whats an NTR?

Last edited by RyanAs; 2010-05-11 at 02:32.
RyanAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 04:32   Link #2952
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAs View Post
Edit - Whats an NTR?
NTR - short for netorare. Which means 'stealing another man's lover'. Basically it is the story of one side dating/going out (or in doujinshi or hentai having sex) with another man/guy while being in a relationship with someone else or when that someone has feelings for you and the story is shown from his perspective.

In other words it is an expanded term 'cheating, adultery' so that it now not only involves wives cheating on the husband, but also girlfriends or even two people close but not in a relationship yet. Some people call it ragemanga because it usually makes one rage.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 05:56   Link #2953
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
If you are talking about the rejection at the festival, then how was Nanami expecting Haruto to wait for her? She turned him down for good, so didnt expect anything from him after that. But if you are talking about the part where she asked for some more time and asked Haruto to wait for her, then may I remind you, it was Haruto who agreed to wait for her answer, so yeah she can expect Haruto to wait since she asked if he can, and he said he will, so there's nothing wrong in expecting. She wanted to get to know him better and wanted to obseve how close he really was to Eba
No... unless the translation on OneManga is completely different, all Nanami says in ch17 is to stay just as friends. Then at the festival, she says that she can't date Haruto without saying why. A few chapters later, Haruto requests them keep the rejection a secret, since it would make Eba feel guilty. Nanami gets pissed and slaps Haruto. She was clearly being possessive over Haruto, despite that fact that she rejected him. The problem is that Nanami slapped Haruto over Eba without telling him why first. She's blaming him for talking to her about Eba, when it shouldn't matter since she's not going out with him.
Old 2010-05-11, 06:31   Link #2954
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No... unless the translation on OneManga is completely different, all Nanami says in ch17 is to stay just as friends. Then at the festival, she says that she can't date Haruto without saying why. A few chapters later, Haruto requests them keep the rejection a secret, since it would make Eba feel guilty. Nanami gets pissed and slaps Haruto. She was clearly being possessive over Haruto, despite that fact that she rejected him. The problem is that Nanami slapped Haruto over Eba without telling him why first. She's blaming him for talking to her about Eba, when it shouldn't matter since she's not going out with him.

She said she wants to be friends at first but then after a day or so, she asked for some more time from Haruto and he agreed, how come you missed that? And she slapped rejects him after seeing what Haruto has done and she slapped him because she couldnt believe how insensitive Haruto was as he deserved it and then she explained why she rejected him. Nanami just got pissed because he once again brought up Eba and it matters to her because she had to reject him because of the girl and he comes back asking her to be considerate towards Eba. Its as if Haruto thought Nanami didnt feel a thing for him and her feelings for him were superficial.

"First it's was better be friends" --- Means even though I love you, I think it looks like you love Eba(who lives with him) and I just got close to you, Akari and Takashi, dont wanna get hurt later when you dump me for Eba, which will make things difficult and awkward for me to get back into the circle of friends that I worked so hard to become a part of,....that's what Nanami was probably thinking.

"then wait for an answer."------ Means , hang on, I do love him, so arent I lying to myself and forcing myself without even giving Haruto a chance to prove he really does love me and will make me his preference over Eba, so I might as well give it a try and see how it works out and test Haruto to see if his feelings are true and if he loves me or Eba in this probationary period, meanwhile I will try my best to get to know him during this period and go out on dates and get closer to him while judging if he is closer to me or remains closer to Eba and maybe I might even come to tolerate Eba and the fact she lives with him under the same roof...Nanami's thoughts

"and i got it wrong i though i loved you" ---- Oh crap, it seems like its not goona work out afterall if he is capable of lying to me about going to Tokyo with Eba so he failed my test and seems like he prefers Eba afterall but so what? I still want him exclusively for myself afterall so I will give an answer to his confession at the festival and even though I know he prefers Eba I will still reply positively to his confession and become his girlfriend and then force him to look only at me using the leverage and power of a girlfriend, but hang on, what's this guy doing? He leaves me out in the cold to go insearch of Eba without listening to my answer to his confession, heck I m an idiot who am I kidding even if I become his girlfriend he wont become mine as long as Eba lives with him, so it wont work out afterall, damn it and I love him so much, but I can recognise a lost cause when I see one, maybe I will try moving on.,but I m too depressed, defeated, sad and hurt to give a full explanation to this idiot and I cant stay here for a moment longer so I better run off hom and cry my eyes out into the pillows at the unfairness of it all....Nanami's thoughts

Even though Rin revealed to Nanami that Haruto lied to her and concealed the fact that he went to Tokyo with Eba, Nanami was willing to forget and become his girlfriend at the festival, that is, she was going to answer him positively, but then what does Haruto do? He runs off to find Eba, once again making Nanami wait.

After seeing all these and hearing about how he lied, you expect Nanami to believe that Haruto is only a guardian? Gotta be kidding me, any sort of girl would be suspicious if a guy and girl of the same age are living under the same roof, and almost all the girlfriends in the world would be jealous and anxious about it, especially when time and time again Haruto proved that he cares more for Eba.

Think what happened to Honoka, and Suzuka was only a neigbour while Eba literally lives in the same house. And Nanami could overlook it if Haruto could atleat convince Nanami that she was his first priority which he obviously didnt. Despite all this you expect Nanami to buy the crap that Haruto is only a guradian and that he doesnt love Eba and that he wont cheat on her and make insecure and maybe later dump her? Nanami isnt an idiot, like she rightly asked Haruto when he was so insensitive and she slapped him "DO YOU TAKE ME FOR AN IDIOT?"

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-11 at 06:51.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 07:39   Link #2955
Shadow5YA

Yes... she asked for more time... the first time. Then, she rejects him again at the festival. She didn't ask for more time again.

You keep trying to rationalize Nanami's actions. I know what happens, and I know what she's thinking. It's been make clear in the story for a while now. The point is that she placed all the blame on Haruto when part of it was because she wasn't so clear in the first place.

I don't know why I'm still repeating myself. People need to accept responsibility for their own actions before they blame others. This whole notion of Eba causing trouble for Haruto, Haruto causing trouble for Nanami, etc. is an incorrect absolutist way of thinking. Everyone had a hand in causing their own troubles. You can make excuses all you want about how this person better than that person because of whatever good intention they had or how they were forgiven, but it still doesn't change the fact that all of the main characters are responsible for making their troubles worse. If you can't accept the burden of self-responsibility, then this debate will go nowhere.
Old 2010-05-11, 08:24   Link #2956
Dark Mage

Yeah after the festival she slapped him because she had good reason to, and he dererved it, as Haruto completely neglected her, it was always Eba for him, and that's what I mean Haruto isnt half as bad as Eba.
Old 2010-05-11, 14:52   Link #2957
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
had a thought about the spoiler picture with someone on another forum

Spoiler for spoiler pic:
that the sort of post i've been looking for, i agree, i want top hold all judgement until i have the whole raw iin context, with one photo you can paint anybody as a saint or devil, depending on your hopes veiws, and so on, so while we wait we should just NOT go in a flaming rage until we have the whole thing in context with the rest of the chapter, plz?
Old 2010-05-11, 14:57   Link #2958
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero92 View Post
that the sort of post i've been looking for, i agree, i want top hold all judgement until i have the whole raw iin context, with one photo you can paint anybody as a saint or devil, depending on your hopes veiws, and so on, so while we wait we should just NOT go in a flaming rage until we have the whole thing in context with the rest of the chapter, plz?
seen a new spoiler pic

Spoiler for 89:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 15:09   Link #2959
Miles Teg

Quote:
seen a new spoiler pic

Spoiler for 89:
Spoiler for 89:

Now waiting to have explanation from Eba and hoping that will come fast.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 15:13   Link #2960
moeman

Quote:
seen a new spoiler pic

Spoiler for 89:
Alright time for Haruto to mive on from Eba and get his shit together. He is not ready for a relatioship with anyone right now or in the near future. He should just focus on school and future at the moment. This will prolly help him grow stronger. I just hope he doesn't chase after Eba. Eventually we all know Eba will try to get back into his life, and I hope he remembers this experience so that he will not fall in the same trap.

Last edited by moeman; 2010-05-11 at 15:31.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life