AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-27, 08:14   Link #2941
kuromitsu

Heh, just in time...

By the way, I was reading the cast comments, and apparently the dialogue track of VVV is prerecorded, that is, the cast records the dialogue before the scenes are animated, which is not common in anime. To be honest, I wouldn't have thought.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 09:55   Link #2942
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Heh, just in time...

By the way, I was reading the cast comments, and apparently the dialogue track of VVV is prerecorded, that is, the cast records the dialogue before the scenes are animated, which is not common in anime. To be honest, I wouldn't have thought.
Normally it happens anyway when the animation studio falls behind on schedule, so they recorded in front of a blank screen. But I guess Sunrise decided to try something different.
Old 2013-05-27, 10:42   Link #2943
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Normally it happens anyway when the animation studio falls behind on schedule, so they recorded in front of a blank screen. But I guess Sunrise decided to try something different.
Not necessarily, outside Japan dialogue recording commonly happens before animation for various reasons (of course there's ADR but that's a dfiferent matter). Anime overwhelmingly uses post-recording because it's cheaper and easier for the actors, but it makes the mouth flaps infamously inaccurate (people from the dubbing industry have a tendency to cry and curse while watching anime in Japanese and this is only a slight exaggeration although nowadays this issue is easier to amend thanks to digital animation) and in some cases harms the animated character's "acting." Actually, the situation you mention - seiyuu recording to only a rudimentary animation instead of the final product - makes it possible for the animators to finish the animation in a way that fits the voice acting better.

VVV is not a pioneer, though, there are a number of anime that used pre-recorded dialogue, the most notable that I remember is Red Garden, some more famous examples are the new Eva movie series, Detroit Metal City, I think Mononoke did it, too, etc. Pre-recording gives the actors more freedom so for some seiyuu it results in a more natural sound.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-27 at 10:53.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 20:46   Link #2944
OPN

All of the directors past works have also been pre recorded. So it was probably something he wanted.
Old 2013-05-28, 04:20   Link #2945
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Someone on tumblr translated the Valvravedia section:

Quote:
環大西洋合衆国(アルス) || Atlantic Rim United States (ARUS)
The name of the Atlantic Rim United States is abbreviated and usually spelled as ARUS. It is a political superpower originally based on an economic alliance formed between the various countries of Earth’s Atlantic Ocean Rim. Formally, it maintained friendly relations with the neutral state of JIOR, but in truth they are aiming for JIOR’s technology and financial strength.

ドルシア軍事盟約連邦 || Dorssia Military Pact Federation
A powerful military state with the goal of opposing ARUS, originally formed in Eurasia through a military pact centered around Eastern Europe. Its current rule and structure are the result of a political coup known as “The Red Thursday”. After launching a sudden and unexpected invasion of the supposedly neutral JIOR, they now hold its mainland and sphere under occupation.

ジオール || JIOR
A state that maintained its neutrality between the two important large powers, the Dorssian Federation and ARUS. It is a union of small countries in East Asia, specialized in technology and finances and characterized by pacifist principles. This is the original homeland of Haruto and company.
I find it interesting that Dorssia was formed to oppose the ARUS. Just furthers my doubts these guys are the bigger evil in some way.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:42   Link #2946
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post

I find it interesting that Dorssia was formed to oppose the ARUS. Just furthers my doubts these guys are the bigger evil in some way.
Actions really speak louder than words and despite the actions of Senator Moses and looking out for their own interests, the ARUS has done nothing untoward to JIOR, and has actively tried to protect JIOR and is even attempting to play ball with new JIOR even though they could have gone Dorrsia's route and not given a care what the students said.
Dorssia, like its Nazi counterpart, probably sounded like a good idea in the beginning, especially when all the ARUS was probably booming, and eastern Europe was in a slump and had lost their pride (Probably because of Red Thursday) and they of course blamed the ARUS and other scapegoats for their troubles.

Also I love it when they say that JIOR "is a union of small countries in East Asia, specialized in technology and finances and characterized by pacifist principles" and yet JIOR includes countries as big as China and India, as well as a majority of East Africa, both South Korea and North Korea, and Australia some of whom definitely are not "characterized by pacifist principles".

Why didn't they just say what they mean, JIOR=Japan and be done with it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 11:52   Link #2947
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think its pretty clear that ARUS is supposed to reflect the US.

And Dorssia is to (AR)US what the USSR and Nazi Germany all rolled into one would be to the US.

So when "The Red Menace" invades JIOR, and these students fight back, many of the freedom-loving citizens of (AR)US are naturally right there cheering on the students. ARUS' leadership can't ignore that, so they have to play nice with the student-state.
Old 2013-05-28, 14:28   Link #2948
ReddyRedWolf

I had a feeling Bloody/Red Thursday was a Beer Hall Putsch. Only in this case it succeeded.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 18:44   Link #2949
zztop

Hope we'll get to see more of life/politics on ARUS and Dorssia soon.

So on Earth, have the JIOR nation-states all surrendered to the Dorssian countries? Cus I can't imagine the bigger,militarily stronger JIOR countries like China, India and Australia to simply surrender just like that.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 19:46   Link #2950
cyoti

JIOR doesn't have much of a military. This is the future afterall, one where Japan, China, both Koreas, Vietnam and India have all decided to be one big happy nation and put aside historical animosities.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 20:24   Link #2951
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
JIOR doesn't have much of a military. This is the future afterall, one where Japan, China, both Koreas, Vietnam and India have all decided to be one big happy nation and put aside historical animosities.
Hm. If that's the case, this would really dampen a fanfiction thread idea I had, which involves an ARUS Navy Seal/Special Forces teaming up with a People's Liberation Army of China hacker to sabotage Dorssian war efforts on Earth.
(I'm assuming JIOR nation-states still keep their own national armies, although on a much reduced scale.)

Can anyone give suggestions for improvement?

Last edited by zztop; 2013-05-28 at 20:51.
Old 2013-05-28, 21:12   Link #2952
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
If I may rephrase my first above statement.

I'm assuming that although ARUS, JIOR and Dorssia were born from the political/economic unions of separate nations,
their individual nation states on Earth and their governments still exist AND retain a limited degree of political autonomy(but with all major political decisions made by central ARUS/JIOR/Dorssia government which reside in their respective Dyson Sphere colonies.)

Much like how in NATO, the member nations are united together in a single defensive cause, but have not given up their individual nation-state identities.

I'm also assuming that although central JIOR goverment in space surrendered, its individual nation states have not, and are currently being governed and defended by their existing political authorities ala in real-life.
Ex. EP 6: JIOR countries like Japan and Singapore are still being shown as relatively peaceful and not under Dorssian fire(yet).

Thus I'm assuming JIOR nations would still retain their national armies, although on a much smaller, and reduced scale than in real life.

Unless the anime disproves my views, of course.
Old 2013-05-28, 23:20   Link #2953
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Come to think of it...how dispersed is humanity in Valvrave?

If all factions have a Dyson Sphere, that means they should be spread across at least 3 stars no?
Old 2013-05-28, 23:58   Link #2954
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Come to think of it...how dispersed is humanity in Valvrave?

If all factions have a Dyson Sphere, that means they should be spread across at least 3 stars no?
The Dyson Spheres in Valvrave use artificial stars and they appear to be orbiting the Earth.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 04:13   Link #2955
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Hope we'll get to see more of life/politics on ARUS and Dorssia soon.

So on Earth, have the JIOR nation-states all surrendered to the Dorssian countries? Cus I can't imagine the bigger,militarily stronger JIOR countries like China, India and Australia to simply surrender just like that.
70%+ of human population lives in space. Those countries are tiny in comparison to conquest of the JIOR Dyson Sphere.
Not to mention JIOR isn't am ilitary power, unlike Dorssia and even stronger ARUS.
Old 2013-05-30, 15:29   Link #2956
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Could someone answer please which of Sunrise studios is making Valvrave?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:39   Link #2957
blackwhite67
Banned

Kreim and the playboy remind me of Colonel Kati and Patrick Colassaur from 00. BTW, can someone explain to me where Haruto and Saki pulled those suits from?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:45   Link #2958
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
BTW, can someone explain to me where Haruto and Saki pulled those suits from?
I don't know where they got those specific colours, but I'm assuming the pilot suits are leftovers from the JIOR armed forces who were stationed at Module 77.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 19:32   Link #2959
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Spoiler for New ranger:

Eye patch is merciless. Is eye patch the new mask in valvrave?
Old 2013-05-30, 20:37   Link #2960
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Just reposting my theory, also
Even though I got the colors wrong, heres my guess on the other 3 pilots so far

harutos greedy friend
bully
glasses guy
president
female teacher

Reposting it again after a good 3 weeks.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire