AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 17:21   Link #2941
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Bayern in the Finals nothing surprising there. Olic was the star with 3 goals. Don't get what Muller is about though he's shockingly average from what I've seen.

Lol at madrid though. Would love to see Sneijder in the finals as well. Selling 2 players on the cheap that got their teams so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
arsenal are actually not that affected, but other teams will be.

england doesn't produce good technical players. its not the way they're brought up. they're great athletes, but average footballers at best. its the same with the US. Walcott is probably the best example of this. whereas in spain and netherlands, you get the best of both worlds.
Yeah, but England have the advantage that young players can sign pro contracts. The physical approach has to do with the way the prem is set up. Still overall I'd rate the players in the prem a lot higher then player from the other league's.

Meh Netherlands for youth is degrading since the bigger league's buy all the talent away. :/

It's sad Ajax has pretty good scouts(Messi was actually walking in Amsterdam ArenA, since he had trouble getting a work visa in Spain), but that just isn't enough.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:25   Link #2942
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Is Ribery banned for the final too? since it was a straight red.

i wouldn't rate many english players higher than other players in other leagues. are Gerrard and Lampard better than Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder or (insert Real's main midfielder here)? Is Rooney better than Villa, Ibra, or Eto'o? the only position i'd even consider england having better players is in defense.

and it is pretty sad that most dutch clubs have become farm clubs for the bigger leagues.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 04:18   Link #2943
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Is Ribery banned for the final too? since it was a straight red.

i wouldn't rate many english players higher than other players in other leagues. are Gerrard and Lampard better than Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder or (insert Real's main midfielder here)? Is Rooney better than Villa, Ibra, or Eto'o? the only position i'd even consider england having better players is in defense.

and it is pretty sad that most dutch clubs have become farm clubs for the bigger leagues.
Yeah, but come one it's only absolute top that there is a debate possible, you are just ignoring all the other players. I'd rate Rooney & Drogba higher then Ibra and Eto'o. Villa wouldn't know haven't seen matches of him in a while. I think Csec would give Sneijder a run for his money. It's pretty unfair when comparing league's that you only choose the absolute best, as I said I'd rate the Prem overall higher.

Ribery should be banned from the final, they tried to appeal, results of that should be released soon.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:45   Link #2944
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, i was just talking about english players. i know there are foreign players in the premiership that are definitely comparable to the top players of other leagues.

i also read about the Ribery thing today. 3 match ban. that sucks for him. i think it'll be overturned. there was no maliciousness and the guy ended up playing on.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-28, 15:23   Link #2945
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Can someone enlighten me as to why Pepe Guardiola refuses to play Thierry henry as of recent? Even Bojan gets precedence over him; and he's not that impressive.
Old 2010-04-28, 15:50   Link #2946
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Can someone enlighten me as to why Pepe Guardiola refuses to play Thierry henry as of recent? Even Bojan gets precedence over him; and he's not that impressive.
Whatever the reason may be, it probably has cost him dearly. Barca's relentless attack can only produces one goal and Inter Milan will be facing Bayern on CL Finals!
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 17:00   Link #2947
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

go Bayern!!

Old 2010-04-28, 17:53   Link #2948
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Whatever the reason may be, it probably has cost him dearly. Barca's relentless attack can only produces one goal and Inter Milan will be facing Bayern on CL Finals!
Well they produced two, but the ref decided to call a non-existent hand ball after Bojan scored. Game's done, so I'll try not to complain haha. I call Inter winning the CL Final.

Guardiola is showing inexperience to me now. The first leg, he brought on Abidal for Ibrahimovic, the lone striker; and put Pique to strike :S. No Henry. I wonder if because of the trade rumour about him going to the MLS, but even then Henry was barely getting played a while before that. Wonder if it's a fall out between the two...
Old 2010-04-28, 18:24   Link #2949
alamarco
Why hello there!

Pique showed this game why he was called on to strike last game.

Inter are awesome and I love Mourinho. I loved how he celebrated after the match. You could just see how ecstatic he was. He is the greatest coach of all time. Even before he came to Inter I loved the guy. His arrogant attitude and the way he uses psychology is just great. He knows how to build a team.

I can only hope we play with the same confidence in Madrid. To take out Bayern would be a dream come true. Being an Inter fan for years I never dreamed they would of won Serie A. They always seemed unlucky when it counted most, but these years they seemed to have changed that. This year like most I thought we had no chance at the ECC and now we're on our way to the final. I can't wait, I'm so excited. Just wish I could be there.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 18:29   Link #2950
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
He is the greatest coach of all time. Even before he came to Inter I loved the guy.
The guy is class but come on let's not go overboard.

This final is too much goodness.
In Santiago Bernabue, with Sneijder and Robben who weren't "good enough" for Real.
Also van Gaal and Jose old colleague's from Barca.
Old 2010-04-28, 20:31   Link #2951
justavisitor

just managed to watch the first half...

Wow who would have thought Barca would fail to advance??

I would cheer for Inter simply because I think Mourinho deserves to win it one more time...he has beaten his old club and the seemingly unbeatable Barca..let's hope he will go all the way
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2010-04-28 at 21:03.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 21:03   Link #2952
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Haha.. YNWA indeed this week eh .. The ultimate evil united us for once

Btw.. anyone else wanted to comment on next year enforced rule for EPL? Arsenal are safe.. but not so much for the other team .

Max 25 players per team must be registered (compared to 30 now) and 8 must be under 21 AND home grown! (that leaves only 17 players above 21 per team)
Might actually effect Man Utd a lot because they have been relying on squad rotation for past few seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
The guy is class but come on let's not go overboard.

In Santiago Bernabue, with Sneijder and Robben who weren't "good enough" for Real.
Would have been more of a goodness if Barca went to the final and won in Bernabeu, but oh well bit happy that the tradition of not winning CL twice in a row will keep going on.

Thought on the match, wonder why Pep subbed out Ibra? Wasn't he suppose to be the plan B for Barca? On the match where their usual way wasn't going anywhere attempting on different approach with Ibra might have ended in different result.
Old 2010-04-28, 21:16   Link #2953
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

when i saw mourinho standing there with his hands pointed up, i couldn't help but laugh.

to be fair Pique was off sides for his. but there wasn't a handball for Bojan's.

Old 2010-04-28, 21:19   Link #2954
justavisitor

so the result is still fair
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-04-28, 21:19   Link #2955
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
when i saw mourinho standing there with his hands pointed up, i couldn't help but laugh.

to be fair Pique was off sides for his. but there wasn't a handball for Bojan's.
For Toure there was .

Anyhow thank god Maradona is the coach for Argentina because with Samuel and Zanetti Korea would have a zero chance against Argentina.

Also
Old 2010-04-28, 22:01   Link #2956
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

LOL, that Busquet act spotted so brightly make my day

Short comment about the match itself, wow I never expect will ever see one team will use 9-0-0 as their formation >_>
Old 2010-04-28, 22:46   Link #2957
justavisitor

I feel so bad for the referee after seeing this acting/diving/cheating...
about this 9-0-0 formation, well can't blame them, after all they got the lead in the first leg...and the red card doesn't help
Old 2010-04-29, 03:11   Link #2958
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I'm sorry to say but you're exaggerating this by a factor of one million (give or take) I think the 'other' final would have been much, much worse for Real fans: Lyon vs Barca. The team that knocked them out vs their biggest rival? Oh boy now that would have been funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Thought on the match, wonder why Pep subbed out Ibra? Wasn't he suppose to be the plan B for Barca?
Ibra was awful last night, and on top of that he covered less ground than Valdes... a goalkeeper.
Quote:
Mourinho = Tomodachi?

Also did anyone else notice the sprinklers of Camp Nou were on at the spot where the Inter players were celebrating? Talk about sore losers.
Old 2010-04-29, 03:17   Link #2959
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Totally unrelated to UCL discussion right now, but anyone who love football and tactic in this thread should try and watch the current running Giant Killing series. I, for one, are addicted to the series .. while not too addicted like mangatron to Ushiro Dai Maou , an addicted none the less. The author of the series seems to have a firm grasp on tactic and strategy and while it still early (ep 4 currently), it holds a lot of promise. The presentation are also different compared to most other football anime as this time the main character are the manager, not the player.

You may now resume to Moaningho worshipping
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 05:42   Link #2960
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm sorry to say but you're exaggerating this by a factor of one million (give or take) I think the 'other' final would have been much, much worse for Real fans: Lyon vs Barca. The team that knocked them out vs their biggest rival? Oh boy now that would have been funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Would have been more of a goodness if Barca went to the final and won in Bernabeu, but oh well bit happy that the tradition of not winning CL twice in a row will keep going on.
Nah the amount of man tears that where cried made me think of the day FF13 went multiplat. I'm pretty much neutral mind you, but seriously people acted like Barca was the best side ever. The amount of arrogance that Barca could easily win the CL 2 times in a row was amazing. Here they are the "best footballing side" incapable of beating 10 men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Totally unrelated to UCL discussion right now, but anyone who love football and tactic in this thread should try and watch the current running Giant Killing series. I, for one, are addicted to the series .. while not too addicted like mangatron to Ushiro Dai Maou , an addicted none the less. The author of the series seems to have a firm grasp on tactic and strategy and while it still early (ep 4 currently), it holds a lot of promise. The presentation are also different compared to most other football anime as this time the main character are the manager, not the player.

You may now resume to Moaningho worshipping
Yeah that is a cool manga. I like how they stick to the Japanese competition. Instead of the Japan team beating the rest of the world making no sense what so ever.

edit: Noticed there is an anime for it. :O I'll pick it up after more eps are released.

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2010-04-29 at 05:54.

Tags
football, soccer