AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-14, 07:36   Link #281
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Aahhh... finally watched this show and come back to anime world....
It's fluffy, cheesy, and very rip-offy (is it English?) and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I didn't mind the story, but I must complain for the character design. Their arms and legs are too skinny and small... =.=
I like manga and novel's artwork better.

Spoiler:

This's one from the novel, for ShizNag fans (oopss.. Isn't it familiar? ShizNag and ShizNat )

But I've decided to rooting for Hikari-samaXAmaneXYaya Threesomeee!!!! YAY for HAY!!

Last edited by Sunsh; 2006-05-15 at 20:10.
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 08:38   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How far is the manga into the story at this point?

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-05-14 at 10:29.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 08:41   Link #283
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Haha...gotta love the St Lilim trio. Chikaru really loves abusing her position as St Lilim's Student Council president, so she can indulge in her cosplay fantasies. Her trying to imagine Nagisa in all sorts of costume is blatantly reminiscent of Tomoyo trying to dress Sakura up in CCS.

I rather enjoyed this series, perhaps it's because I have absolutely no knowledge of Marimite that I'm able to appreciate Strawberry Panic for what it is, rather than trying to compare it with Marimite and make myself miserable.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 09:23   Link #284
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh

But I've decided to rooting for Hikari-samaXAmaneXYaya Threesomeee!!!! YAY for HAY!!
Good decision.

Quote:
I rather enjoyed this series, perhaps it's because I have absolutely no knowledge of Marimite that I'm able to appreciate Strawberry Panic for what it is, rather than trying to compare it with Marimite and make myself miserable.
Well, you can watch Marimite and declare it a ripoff of Strawberry Panic.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 10:22   Link #285
Dav

Quote:
I didn't mind the story, but I must complain for the character design. Their arms and legs are too skinny and small... =.=
Totally agree, although when it comes to the Manga and novel's artwork, I prefer Takumi Namuchi's design over Maki Chitose's. Takumi's designs are absolutely gorgeous, and they are the ones which are used in the Manga (and the novel which is based on the Manga) whereas Maki's are used in the novels based on the original short stories and the games.

Comparison of Yaya's character design

Sakai Kyuuta (Anime)

Maki Chitose (Short stories, novels based on short stories, Dengeki games series)

Takumi Namuchi (Manga, novels based on Manga)

You know... When they said that Yaya has tons of sex appeal, they certainly weren't kidding, especially when Takumi did an excellent job in highlighting that aspect of hers. *Haaaaaawt*

So which do you prefer? (TAKUMI FTW!!)

Quote:
YES!! Another Spica Romance fan! ^____^

PS. Umm... That pic of Shiz X Nag... That's quite a big spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Is this a talk for the manga, or the anime?
Oh... Guess we really should stick to the discussion on the Anime since this is in the Anime forum after all.

Ahaha... Sorry, my bad for bringing up topics about the original stories. Hopefully, the Anime will incorporate some of the events from the novel/Manga in the future anyway. ^_____^

PS. Of course, I'd still be happy to share some spoilers from the novel/Manga/short stories occassionally, provided that members here do not mind and if I feel up to it (I don't like ruining other fans' expectations so I'll only share if I think it's something worth sharing or there's no big risk in doing so ).

Last edited by Dav; 2006-05-14 at 17:50.
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 21:01   Link #286
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
How far is the manga into the story at this point?
The scanlated version of Dynasty Scans (I love this group) has already reached chapter 5.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
PS. Umm... That pic of Shiz X Nag... That's quite a big spoiler.
Akh, sorry >.<. I've put it in spoiler..
I don't read the novel myself. I just wandering to another forum and collect as many pictures as I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
Totally agree, although when it comes to the Manga and novel's artwork, I prefer Takumi Namuchi's design over Maki Chitose's. Takumi's designs are absolutely gorgeous, and they are the ones which are used in the Manga (and the novel which is based on the Manga) whereas Maki's are used in the novels based on the original short stories and the games.
Yes!! Yes!! And just look at Amane and Hikari-sama:
Anime

They're rather bland here, comparing to this:

Novel

Awww.... Hikari-sama is so cute and Amane is soooo coollll here *squealing and swooning like mad fangirl*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
You know... When they said that Yaya has tons of sex appeal, they certainly weren't kidding, especially when Takumi did an excellent job in highlighting that aspect of hers. *Haaaaaawt*
*Nod nod* She is SEXY!!
And where did you found Yaya's full body picture? I only get her head in image above..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
PS. Of course, I'd still be happy to share some spoilers from the novel/Manga/short stories occassionally, provided that members here do not mind and if I feel up to it (I don't like ruining other fans' expectations so I'll only share if I think it's something worth sharing or there's no big risk in doing so ).
Bring them on!! We can also start a novel translation project, you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
YES!! Another Spica Romance fan! ^____^
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 23:51   Link #287
Omniscient

Episode 07 Screencaps and Summary

I'm ready to declare episode 7 the best episode so far for all the wrong reasons.
Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 00:21   Link #288
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 07 Screencaps and Summary

I'm ready to declare episode 7 the best episode so far for all the wrong reasons.
Spoiler:

I have been soooo waiting for this to happen!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 03:54   Link #289
Mentar
Banned

*lol*

That was a brilliant way to put it. "Evil Lesbians to boo and ogle". I mean... hell, SP stayed away from fanservice and sexual innuendos pretty well - until now. Suddenly, we're not only treated to a showering Amane, but rather suggestive-explicit sequences from Kaname and Momomi.

I mean - zOMG?!?

The girl I'm really rooting and feeling bad for right now is Yaya. The development between Hikari and Amane seems both genuine and requited, so she may remain the odd-girl-out. Is she going to "fall from grace" and join the dark side, or will the future give her a chance? I'm honestly not sure...

In any case, I'm definitely curious how this will develop. Going in with gloomy expectations, the show has certainly exceeded mine by far.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 05:14   Link #290
Dav

Oh YEAH!! Episode 7 FTW!! Who said StoPani was mild and tame ;p? Cliches-what-not, they certainly know how to deliver yuri action in full when they feel like it. Woo... It's getting hawt in here.

Quote:
And where did you found Yaya's full body picture? I only get her head in image above..
From StoPani's official Media Works website right here
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/...erry/char2.php

Quote:
Bring them on!! We can also start a novel translation project, you know
Great idea!! Unfortunately for me, I don't have the time nor the dedication to do it. I think by the time I've done volume 1, the Anime series would have finished long ago. Yeah, I'm just slow and lazy when it comes to doing things.
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 05:36   Link #291
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I SOOOO called it!!!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 06:25   Link #292
Matrim

After I reading the last posts I became filled with sudden hope that this series might not be a disaster as the last episodes have led me to believe.

Old 2006-05-16, 08:44   Link #293
Rin-Sama
Banned

Well good things come to thoese who wait.
Old 2006-05-16, 12:12   Link #294
Cyz
"Show it to me"

things are definitely starting to get interesting. in future eps, we will definitely know, what shizuma is crying for.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 13:04   Link #295
Matrim

Quote:
I was just thinking right now that the sub for episode 7 may be a long time coming, as it's probably hard to translate and encode using only one hand.
ROFL!

I am only watching it for the plot and the music, I swear.

Old 2006-05-16, 13:23   Link #296
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Yuri rape FTW

This is Kannzuki No Miko without the mecha.
Old 2006-05-16, 13:55   Link #297
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
...This is Kannazuki No Miko without the mecha.
Definitely not! This is so much sweeter than Kannazuki, which was an ugly, ugly show, imo. The analogous scene in Kannazuki was just horrible. Here, nothing really happened, and the Prince arrived on her horse in time, as we knew she would. Maybe the production values here are not as good, and the show has less serious pretensions, but it is so much nicer to watch. I certainly enjoyed ep7. Even the fanservice was rather sweet. The two roommates may be nasty to other people, but they do enjoy each other's company, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-16 at 14:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 15:28   Link #298
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
With the exception of one ugly scene which was intended to anger us, I thought Kannazuki was far more romantic than StrawPan has been so far. Of course that doesn't mean that I don't think we'll get some actual romance later on in this series. Just as of now there hasn't been much in the way of romance, where as Kannazuki's ending was wonderful, sweet and epic.
Well, I never made it to the end, so maybe. Knowing some of your other posts, I will take your word for it. I actually fell by the wayside after about 3-5 episodes, since I really don't get mecha or monsters at all and thought the mixture of genres was a mess. For me, the story was stupid and the characters unlikeable. I came back to see ep8 (I think it was), after hearing about it, and was unhappy that I did. I wish I didn't have that scene in my brain. From what you say, though, maybe it made more sense in full context.

Anyway, I keep learning that a lot of anime preference is personal taste rather than absolute quality. Although SP is not a very serious show, it seems full of shallow but entertaining romance to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 17:01   Link #299
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Yuri rape FTW

This is Kannzuki No Miko without the mecha.
Agreed!!!!
Old 2006-05-16, 17:12   Link #300
Crusade

Lol yeah, I agree to, oh and I liked your gif Rin-Sama. StrawberryPanic looks like it's getting more interesting.
Crusade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri