Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-11, 03:46   Link #281
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassaa View Post
I faimly believe that Mikan@Manabi Straight will go into the Final of the Group B.
She's fodder for Kanata. If she survives that, she gets either Chikaru or CC. Sorry.

Current 2ch totals (inc. fake votes):
A-04
Tsukamoto Tenma@School Rumble Second Term = 390
Segawa Izumi@Hayate the Combat Butler = 508
Hagiwara Yukiho@iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA = 222

A-08
Hirai Yukari@Shakugan no Shana = 444
Haibara Ai@Meitantei Conan = 347
Yukino@Nagasarete Airantou = 328

A-12
Takasu Ayako@Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Syukufuku wo! = 297
Erstin Ho@Mai-Otome Zwei = 321
Minagishi Ayano@Lucky Star = 443

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2007-08-11 at 04:07.
Old 2007-08-11, 03:50   Link #282
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
I faimly believe that Mikan@Manabi Straight will go into the Final of the Group B.
As much as I like Manabi Straight!, I don't... unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "faimly".
Old 2007-08-11, 04:00   Link #283
Bassaa

Sorry I made a mistake.
That is "firmly" but not "faimly"

Last edited by Bassaa; 2007-08-11 at 04:11.
Old 2007-08-11, 04:10   Link #284
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Requesting Iroha campaigning sig from the series Sumomo Momomo. If you would please Z3phyr. Thanks. :3
Old 2007-08-11, 04:12   Link #285
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
IMO, getting that 1.1k votes was a big mistake on the HnG groups part, since it screamed out to the board that they're a serious contender. They just put a bigger bullseye on Nagi in terms of tactical voting, since now she's in the 'radar' of the other big guns. Totally unneeded, especially since at one point her vote totals doubled everyone else's.
Saimoe may be serious business, but that doesn't prevent people from approaching it in different ways .

HnG is a young franchise anime-wise (5 months?). Of course its underlings aren't as well organised as Nanoha or RM groups which have been playing this game from the very beginning.

But there's more to it than that. One just has to look at things from their perspective. People like archanfels and z3phyr.mp3 posted honest analyses and more or less said "Nagi's strong, but there's Shana; Hinagiku's strong, but there's Nanoha". Whatever the truth might be, the HnG won't stand being treated as second tier. They will try to show that they aren't here to spice things up, but to contend.

On the other hand, it's far harder to provoke such "unnecessary" voting from the top players because they have really lax situations. If anything goes bad, Nanoha has two leads which it can easily switch between, and another spare in Hayate. The RM crew has last year's champion as "backup", just in case something happens to Sugintou. It's a bit crazy.

Since they don't have many confidence boosters, the HnG people make themselves some by starting rather seriously.
Old 2007-08-11, 04:14   Link #286
Bassaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
She's fodder for Kanata. If she survives that, she gets either Chikaru or CC. Sorry.

Current 2ch totals (inc. fake votes):
A-04
Tsukamoto Tenma@School Rumble Second Term = 390
Segawa Izumi@Hayate the Combat Butler = 508
Hagiwara Yukiho@iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA = 222

A-08
Hirai Yukari@Shakugan no Shana = 444
Haibara Ai@Meitantei Conan = 347
Yukino@Nagasarete Airantou = 328

A-12
Takasu Ayako@Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Syukufuku wo! = 297
Erstin Ho@Mai-Otome Zwei = 321
Minagishi Ayano@Lucky Star = 443
Yukiho is so weak...
Old 2007-08-11, 04:27   Link #287
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

2ch Banning - Code Issue

It has come to my attention that some ISP uses proxy servers without you knowing, and once the proxy is banned from 2ch you will never be able to get code or vote in Saimoe. There's a way around this: Free dialup ISP.

If you have an old modem around, hook it up to your computer and look for a Free dial-up internet in your local area. If you can't find a modem, you can get one really cheap on e-bay, and ask around because I'm sure there is someone you know who has a modem in his or her closet.

Use this list as a starting point to get a free dial-up ISP:

http://www.freecenter.com/dialup.html

If you can't find one locally, this ISP offer a toll-free number:

http://www.greatdialup.com/

Once you're connected with this new ISP, you essentially have a new IP and identity in the Internet. Use the dialup connection/IP to get your codes and even vote. If the ISP isn't blocked (unlikely since it's hard to imagine otaku/geeks using dialup these days), you don't even need my proxy service to vote.

If you have a code and voting issue, give this route a shot. My proxy offer still stands, of course. If you have gotten this dialup route to work, please share it with the rest of us.
Old 2007-08-11, 05:11   Link #288
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I just came back yesterday from a trip to cambodia, thailand, and a little bit of Laos, so I have so much to catch up.
Tbh, my expectations for this Saimoe went down by a lot, especially with RM and Nanoha around (even tho I love Rein II a lot and wish her the best of luck).

PS: I guess I'll have to wait for the Saimoe 2k8 to see some fresh blood in the semi-finals.
Old 2007-08-11, 06:48   Link #289
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Yukiho is so weak...
as i said you cant expect much from her in the first place ~ her whole character's aim is support/comedy relief and together with her personality there are plenty of other top picks out there (for the Nagasarete series in any case :/)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-11, 08:14   Link #290
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
to those requesting sigs... pls just pm me... i'll try to make them as soon as possible... and just check back regularly to my post with the sigs because when i feel like it i just add something...
----
and on nagi having 1.1k votes... i agree with the others that that's basically putting a big target sign on her, even though her group was relatively weak... but if she had faced someone like gin, sui, fate, or nanoha... there's no doubt that the results will be so much different...
hope i can vote today... i had a proxy problem yesterday and i hope it doesn't continue today...
Old 2007-08-11, 08:21   Link #291
wontaek

Korea Moe Tournament Preliminary 2nd round Day 2 result

Cabbage power?!

Spoiler for round 2 group 7 - 12 result:
Old 2007-08-11, 08:25   Link #292
wontaek

Korea Moe Tournament Preliminary 2nd round Day 3 Line up

Many of my favorite characters are in this day match

Spoiler for round 2 group 13 - 18 match up:
Old 2007-08-11, 08:47   Link #293
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Not sure how accurate the counts I'm seeing are, but we may have a couple of close ones today...
Old 2007-08-11, 09:11   Link #294
ando

Izumi, Yukari and Ayano won.
If there is no objection until 23:59, this result is confirmed.
Spoiler for today's result:
Old 2007-08-11, 09:27   Link #295
Furudanuki

Yesterday played out like I thought it would, so no comment. For me, Group B is going to be a very painful exercise in triage. Almost every one of the 12 matchups pits 2 characters - and sometimes 3 - that would have been no-brainer picks for me in several other groups. The B-3 match is a good example - Nerine (my # 1) vs. Siesta and Ichijou Karen, both of whom I would vote for ahead of the majority of characters in this tourney. Very frustrating after having so many "don't care" matches in Group A.

Spoiler for Tanuki picks for today:
Old 2007-08-11, 09:40   Link #296
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

First block (Sae/Moa/Yuuko) where I don't recognize anyone...

Isumi is a given, but I'll have to wait and see which non-Konata character has the stronger support, with or without fake votes...
Old 2007-08-11, 09:43   Link #297
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

sad. ORZ . tenma lost. which should indicate that Hayate's harem is a force to be reckoned with. Izumi is a minor character, yet she walloped SR's main act (albeit not the most popular one) and SR is a pretty popular series. Isumi, Konata and Sae to advance, that's 88% sure
Old 2007-08-11, 09:49   Link #298
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
For me, Group B is going to be a very painful exercise in triage. Almost every one of the 12 matchups pits 2 characters - and sometimes 3 - that would have been no-brainer picks for me in several other groups.
It's not just you. I think the B block is going to be one of the most painful blocks for me. Characters I like abound, and most of them are paired up in the same matches.

My initial plan was to vote Nadie, Konata and Yuuko. But by the time I vote I may flip Nadie for Isumi, Konata for Tabitha, and Yuuko for Sae (or even Angol). Actually I suppose I'm most likely to flip Konata for Tabitha. Then I would be getting a vote in for Nadie, Tabitha and Yuuko, three characters I really like, but know are not going to get into the second round. Then, in the next round, I can vote for Isumi, Konata and Sae without too much concern.
Old 2007-08-11, 10:09   Link #299
arkxkra
全力全開

yes, yukari qualify ! I thought Yukari will lose in this round ... >.< ..

For 2moro round Group B , My pick is
Spoiler for B01,B05,B09:

My guess for winner is B01 - Isumi, B05 - Konata and B09 - not sure. Group B gonna have a hardtime for me, very hard to pick....

Korean Saimoe
My pick for coming group

Spoiler for Group 13 ~ 18:

Last edited by arkxkra; 2007-08-11 at 10:23.
Old 2007-08-11, 10:22   Link #300
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
My guess for winner is B01 - Isumi, B05 - Konata
It's not a guess anyway..its should be said as the ultimate truth/confirmed ^^''' ...i'll be in deep shock if these 2 loose to the others for tomorrow's round especially Konata...

Anyway you seems to know pretty well that Konata gonna win B-5,but still you choose ZnT character as your pick for group B-5

And once again Euphie have to die... T.T
Closed Thread