AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-21, 19:04   Link #281
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You misunderstood my post. Naomi is alive since Ichigo apparently visited her.
She didn't visited her, she was just told that Naomi's in the hospital and recovering. Could be the truth but could be a lie as well.
Old 2018-01-21, 19:04   Link #282
Mistyclear

Ah I came off as wrong when I mentioned jealousy. I didn’t mean jealous of the fact that Ichigo is in love with Hiro, I meant jealous of Hiro’s talent/potential. That was my bad, apologies shadow1296. If he does gain feelings for or already has feelings for Ichigo.... hopefully it won’t change him.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 19:30   Link #283
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
*returns from watching the first episode.*

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST WATCH???

For the first 15 or so mins, I was just about ready to turn the hectic mess off, and then it got even more ridiculous and I was about ready to shut it off just to protect my brain from short circuiting by asking too many questions.

And then the last 4 or 5 mins came, and some how, it became ever so slightly interesting with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.
I'll give you this...it was definitely unexpected...
Monochrome is only the first my friend. There are many more tracks.
Old 2018-01-21, 20:32   Link #284
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Agreed. When they mentioned that, I got awfully convinced she's already dead, and that was simply said to ease the kids' hearts.
They're just tools for those foolish adults, no doubt about it.
At least they didn't say they sent her to live on a farm upstate.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 21:27   Link #285
Twi

I'm just trying to figure out why lie though. They've been pretty clear on the risks of this and we see that other dude die right in front of us, so why soften the blow?
Old 2018-01-21, 21:32   Link #286
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'm just trying to figure out why lie though. They've been pretty clear on the risks of this and we see that other dude die right in front of us, so why soften the blow?
so the higher ups can let there little expendable soldiers think they actually mean something and are important so they can continue to fight for them, if they reveal that once they can't fight there is no need for them then the pilots of probably their strongest weapons would turn on them and use those weapons against them, which will undoubtedly happen before this series ends

speaking of how many episodes is this series again
Old 2018-01-21, 21:33   Link #287
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Plus, telling such an easily disproven lie would only cause problems if it were discovered. It doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 21:37   Link #288
Twi

^ Exactly. I think people are jumping on the evil adults angle a little too soon at the moment.

I mean, if they were going for that right out of the gate, they wouldn't imply it subtlety, they'd beat it over our heads ala Iron-Blooded Orphans based on what we've seen so far. The only adults who've been dicks to the kids so far are the guards, and that's mostly because they're not exactly loose. Besides, if she's still alive we can get more drama in the future. I mean, he's not riding the Franxx for revenge like in Valvrave (Shoko should have remained dead), he wants to pilot because it gives him purpose, so killing her off to spur that doesn't work.
Old 2018-01-21, 22:25   Link #289
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
so the higher ups can let there little expendable soldiers think they actually mean something and are important so they can continue to fight for them, if they reveal that once they can't fight there is no need for them then the pilots of probably their strongest weapons would turn on them and use those weapons against them, which will undoubtedly happen before this series ends

speaking of how many episodes is this series again
I believe this is a two cour series, or split cour. It has 25 eps.

However, I do have to disagree with your estimation here. While I do believe the adults will most likely be evil as 90% of the shadowy councils are...
I don't think they lied about this, or at least for the reasons you give.

The biggest reason is that we know the students ALREADY have been raised to think this way. They already have been taught since the beginning that their only purpose is to pilot Franxx and fight the klaxosaurs. If they cannot pilot, they are useless.

They already have had it drilled into them that if they can't pilot, they have no worth and thus will be sent back to the "orphanage" where it is alluded that kids simply disappear from and no one cares.

I don't think the higher ups would have a reason to lie, as it is already known to the kids that if they flunk out, they are considered useless.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 22:34   Link #290
alex_drian

I well, that was everything less boring. Yeah, I kinda understand the purpouse.

I knew it: Heterosexual Cocona-like girl/Ichigo ruins everything.

I wonder how many episodes until that the berserk mode of the Franxx become an issue.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 23:04   Link #291
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Didn't she die when that pod transport thing got crushed though? It's not as if they executed her
Old 2018-01-21, 23:48   Link #292
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I knew it: Heterosexual Cocona-like girl/Ichigo ruins everything.
I don't see much in common between Cocona and Ichigo besides their hair color. I think you do Cocona a disservice by this comparison.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 00:07   Link #293
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Didn't she die when that pod transport thing got crushed though? It's not as if they executed her
The question is: if Naomi really died in that pod and the higher ups really want to eliminate/dispose/kill the “useless” non-pilots, why bother with the “she’s hospitalized”-lie?

Even if she’s only injured, that’s still a golden opportunity for the higher ups to kill her and blame it on the Klaxosaur if they really want to get rid of the losers. It’s such a perfect setup for the higher ups to wash their hands if they really want the useless Naomi dead. So again, why bother with the lie?

It's either: 1) The higher ups told the truth and Naomi really is hospitalized, or... 2) It’s just a lie, which means we have a bad writing on our case unless the show can come up with a very good reason for it.
Old 2018-01-22, 00:12   Link #294
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't see much in common between Cocona and Ichigo besides their hair color. I think you do Cocona a disservice by this comparison.
Disagree, here. To me their character designs are so close that they appear to be the same character in different series.

BTW: I finally remembered the name of the anime series that episode 2 reminded me of; Aquarion Evol! Talk about blatant sexual puns!
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 01:42   Link #295
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
^ Exactly. I think people are jumping on the evil adults angle a little too soon at the moment.

I mean, if they were going for that right out of the gate, they wouldn't imply it subtlety, they'd beat it over our heads ala Iron-Blooded Orphans based on what we've seen so far. The only adults who've been dicks to the kids so far are the guards, and that's mostly because they're not exactly loose. Besides, if she's still alive we can get more drama in the future. I mean, he's not riding the Franxx for revenge like in Valvrave (Shoko should have remained dead), he wants to pilot because it gives him purpose, so killing her off to spur that doesn't work.
The manga gave a bit more backstory in its prologue, humanity dug into the Earth’s crust to get the magmatic fuel but in the process they completely destroyed Earth’s surface. The Klaxosaur seem to wanting to stop humanity from getting more magmatic fuel. I won’t be surprised if Hiro and 0-2 betrayed their group in the future when they learned that the bad guy are the human (adults). There are hints in the opening where Hiro and 0-2 became exiled or something similar.

Edit: Forgot to say, yeah, I totally agreed that Shouko should remained dead.
Old 2018-01-22, 01:54   Link #296
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
Disagree, here. To me their character designs are so close that they appear to be the same character in different series.
I'm talking about their personalities and character. Lots of shows display similar character models and suffer from "same-face" problems. The girls in Shirobako look remarkably similar to each other and differ mostly in hair colors and styles.

Ichigo has a pretty generic character model, somewhat more generic I'd argue than Cocona's. And, as I say, they share few personality traits.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 02:29   Link #297
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The question is: if Naomi really died in that pod and the higher ups really want to eliminate/dispose/kill the “useless” non-pilots, why bother with the “she’s hospitalized”-lie?

Even if she’s only injured, that’s still a golden opportunity for the higher ups to kill her and blame it on the Klaxosaur if they really want to get rid of the losers. It’s such a perfect setup for the higher ups to wash their hands if they really want the useless Naomi dead. So again, why bother with the lie?

It's either: 1) The higher ups told the truth and Naomi really is hospitalized, or... 2) It’s just a lie, which means we have a bad writing on our case unless the show can come up with a very good reason for it.
I mean going purely by the eps so far, there's no basis for saying she's been "taken out back to be disposed of" Unless that beast's attack was somehow deliberately staged to off her but that's rather convoluted. As for the hospitalization story, if it isn't true then the most likely reason is simply to maintain morale.
Old 2018-01-22, 02:37   Link #298
shadow1296

so back to the star driver comparison from earlier, besides looking very similar tauburn's and strelizia's activation/transformation sequence are also very similar enough to go huh

for comparison

Tauburn

Strelizia

Old 2018-01-22, 02:44   Link #299
Blueknight78

Quote:
so back to the star driver comparison from earlier, besides looking very similar tauburn's and strelizia's activation/transformation sequence are also very similar enough to go huh

for comparison

Tauburn

Strelizia

after see both videos honestly i don't see then being "that equals" as you are claim, strelizia transformation looked not that equal, they grow a sort of "hart"/hair is the only equal thing the rest she look very different specially the fact which the pilot don't appear in the transformation as it appear in stardrive.
Old 2018-01-22, 02:50   Link #300
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://twitter.com/lsj_tomato/statu...76438015647744

This is so beautiful