AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-11, 03:34   Link #281
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Showing us Rudeus' daily routine in detail was a complete waste of time. The only new thing we learned is that Badi is training him, we already knew everything else. This arc is starting to bore me and I hope it will end soon. The Sylphie thing has dragged on for so damn long.
Now imagine reading this monthly instead of weekly, where each episode is at minimum 2 chapters worth of content.

It's good to take the time, but man it was painful in the manga.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-11, 04:23   Link #282
Huh...?

Quote:
Showing us Rudeus' daily routine in detail was a complete waste of time. The only new thing we learned is that Badi is training him, we already knew everything else. This arc is starting to bore me and I hope it will end soon. The Sylphie thing has dragged on for so damn long.
It isn't really that long though, considering the interaction both of them had in Academy. I mean, it's been like what 6 Episodes, and each focused on something different.
There are some series which keep dragging on those kind of plot for hundred of episodes, like Naruto (Hinata's plot), Bleach, Black Clover (Yami's plot with Charlotte & Vanessa, or Asta's plot with Noelle, Mimosa & Rebecca), etc for example.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-11, 12:51   Link #283
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
This arc is starting to bore me and I hope it will end soon. The Sylphie thing has dragged on for so damn long.
I watched the first five minutes of this episode and decided I'm done with this show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-11, 15:20   Link #284
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is that what we're calling it now? I thought there was disdain because people(think it was here, but maybe mistaken) were saying he was "grooming" Sylphie, since it was his intention to make her 'into his perfect girl'.
From their parents' perspective? Yes.

They were not aware of the bigger machinations that Rudeus was up to. They just saw their son and their daughter respectively getting a bit insular and clingy with each other and showing very little interest in making any other friends. In particular a son who was extremely skilled at magic, but they really had to prod to get to leave the property's boundaries. From their perspective, Paul and Zenith saw their son stunting his own emotional growth again.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-11, 17:21   Link #285
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is that what we're calling it now? I thought there was disdain because people(think it was here, but maybe mistaken) were saying he was "grooming" Sylphie, since it was his intention to make her 'into his perfect girl'.
Well, he stated that he "could" raise her to be the perfect wife. He gave nothing definite. Still, not exactly the greatest thought to have.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-12, 06:40   Link #286
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first minutes really showed it was based on a light novel. Still, they finally made progress with "Fittz". I had seen the final scene from the manga once and it was kinda hilarious that when Rudeus notices he became aroused the speech bubble covered his crotch
Old 2023-09-17, 10:48   Link #287
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Episode 11
About damn time.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 10:57   Link #288
Frontier

Rudy's got Fitz stuck in his mind but it's not making Lil' Rudy any more active, though he also has to watch out for Luke who wants to know exactly what his intentions are towards Fitz and Rudy has to manage that...especially when he wants to be better connected to Fitz .

Well, the cat is basically out of the bag, and Ariel doesn't really have a problem with Sylphie being with Rudeus, but she's had enough of Sylphie being hesitant and not acting on her feelings. And after confirming Sylphie's intentions to be with Rudy, she's more than ready to be a true friend and help Sylphie be happy! Which means it's wingwoman time !

I love how Sylphie just straight up tells Ariel and Luke about Rudy stripping her like it's a fond memory and they both react appropriately. Heck, it even helps them come up with the best plan to make Rudy figure out who she is .

Saying you want to get busy and make babies with Rudy is...definitely one way to confirm what kind of relationship you want to have with him...honestly I didn't think Sylphie was that secretly horny, but I guess it would make Rudy happy. But now the ball is in Sylphie's court, and it's do or die time per the princess .

Heading into a forest alone? Causing a rain shower that forces them to take to a cave for shelter? I see where this is going .

Ah, there we go. Sylphie WANTS Rudy to undress her, especially after hearing straight from his mouth that he remembers Sylphie. And after a very intimate moment of expressing that desire, Rudy slowly starts undressing her, putting the pieces together one step at a time...until he finally takes off her visor and sees her eyes and knows, finally, that Fitz is Sylphie !

Good for Sylphie. She can finally reveal herself and be with Rudy as herself, and let out all the emotions and feelings she's been bottling up this whole time and embrace him as Sylphie and not Fitz. She even confesses her love for him! Things sure seem to be looking up for these two !
Old 2023-09-17, 12:07   Link #289
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Well, he stated that he "could" raise her to be the perfect wife. He gave nothing definite. Still, not exactly the greatest thought to have.
She was bullied and cried a lot, and he saw himself in her state of mind. When he was counseling her, he didn't expect anything in return.

Quote:
Episode 11
About damn time.
The rise of Rudeus Greyrat. Rudeus has returned.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 13:23   Link #290
GDB

Manga version had him realize who she was before he took the glasses off, though he didn't verbally confirm it until then. The way he realized was when he took her gloves off and saw her scarred hands. Wonder why the anime skipped that. Wish this wasn't one of the only two current volumes I didn't own so I could check to see if him realizing from her scarred hands was in the LN too or not.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 13:38   Link #291
magnuskn

The next episode should be interesting.
Old 2023-09-17, 13:42   Link #292
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Manga version had him realize who she was before he took the glasses off, though he didn't verbally confirm it until then. The way he realized was when he took her gloves off and saw her scarred hands. Wonder why the anime skipped that. Wish this wasn't one of the only two current volumes I didn't own so I could check to see if him realizing from her scarred hands was in the LN too or not.
It seemed like it started dawning on him as he realized how similar this was and saw her ears blush.
Old 2023-09-17, 16:18   Link #293
Dextro
He Without a Title

This show continues being some of the most interesting Anime I've seen in a long long while, and yet I would never recommend it to absolutely anyone who isn't already a filthy degen like I am. Could this have been done in a less roundabout way that didn't involve the main character getting asked by a girl to strip her naked? Of course it could, it just wouldn't be light novel writing. Mind that I'm still enjoying this show, but you really need to have a lot of Anime under your belt to "get it".
Old 2023-09-17, 17:28   Link #294
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This show continues being some of the most interesting Anime I've seen in a long long while, and yet I would never recommend it to absolutely anyone who isn't already a filthy degen like I am. Could this have been done in a less roundabout way that didn't involve the main character getting asked by a girl to strip her naked? Of course it could, it just wouldn't be light novel writing. Mind that I'm still enjoying this show, but you really need to have a lot of Anime under your belt to "get it".
To be fair this felt a lot more tasteful and natural than the first time it happened .
Old 2023-09-17, 17:55   Link #295
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sylphie has never told Ariel and Luke that her hair color completely changed, has she? I'm not sure why they would assume Rudeus forgot about her otherwise. Sylphie has zero confidence so I get why she would think so, but surely, they wouldn't be so dumb.

I was surprised at how honest Sylphie was when she was pressed to answer what kind of relationship she wanted to have with Rudeus. She kinda opened up way too much about her fantasies

I know the entire point of this plan was to make Rudeus figure out who she was on his own, but I think I would have liked it better if she ultimately had to gather up all her courage and tell him. She acted only after getting confirmation he remembered her. I kinda think she was going to chicken out again.

At last, this shit storyline is over. Now it's time for impregnation.
Old 2023-09-17, 18:27   Link #296
grecefar

I'm glad that the princess called sylphie out how she hasn't done anything in six months and now it's finally over.

but I gotta say the reveal was pretty good and emotive.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 18:36   Link #297
Strahan

Quote:
Episode 11
About damn time.
That's exactly what I said when watching it, lol.

I get Ariel is just trying to motivate her, but when she said that on my authority you won't be allowed to see Rudeus again line I would have had to be like "slow your roll; this isn't Asura. What authority? GTFO" Someone trying to tell me who I can and cannot see would definitely raise my ire. Of course, I'm just a lot more prickly than Sylphy heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 20:11   Link #298
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
but I gotta say the reveal was pretty good and emotive.
Given how painfully long this whole arc was dragged out (and yes, I am aware that this is "faithful," but that doesn't mean it didn't need editing) the moment was actually ruined for me by the time they got to it.

Slyphie made this so much worse than it had to be because she's absurdly shy and not willing to admit her feelings. I stopped caring when they finally got to the reveal.

You know who else in this story has a shy streak, struggles to admit her feelings, and has issues communicating her wants to those she cares about due to unique circumstances? Roxy. She's a much better version of what they're trying to do with Sylphie.

I suppose Slyphie is meant to come off sweet and demure. She ended up coming off helpless and pathetic. Her own superior had to force her into this. They came up with a stupidly complicated plan to pull it off. And worst of all, Slyphie does all this because she's afraid he won't remember her.

He has been wearing your precious hand-carved "I've claimed him, back off all other elves." necklace the entire time. She's seen him wearing it. She sees him wearing it in the cave and still expects him to go through her stupid recreation of him pulling off her pants to try to trick him into remembering her?!?!

THAT stuff is what ruined the moment for me. None of the degenerate stuff the series is known for. The moronic drawn out nature of this arc and Slyphie's ultra-passivity.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 20:18   Link #299
Strahan

Ah yea, I forgot to mention that. The whole time when he was half undressed I was waiting for Sylphy to be like OHH my pendant! You DO remember me! Yet there was no payoff.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 22:30   Link #300
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Given how painfully long this whole arc was dragged out (and yes, I am aware that this is "faithful," but that doesn't mean it didn't need editing) the moment was actually ruined for me by the time they got to it.

Slyphie made this so much worse than it had to be because she's absurdly shy and not willing to admit her feelings. I stopped caring when they finally got to the reveal.

You know who else in this story has a shy streak, struggles to admit her feelings, and has issues communicating her wants to those she cares about due to unique circumstances? Roxy. She's a much better version of what they're trying to do with Sylphie.

I suppose Slyphie is meant to come off sweet and demure. She ended up coming off helpless and pathetic. Her own superior had to force her into this. They came up with a stupidly complicated plan to pull it off. And worst of all, Slyphie does all this because she's afraid he won't remember her.

He has been wearing your precious hand-carved "I've claimed him, back off all other elves." necklace the entire time. She's seen him wearing it. She sees him wearing it in the cave and still expects him to go through her stupid recreation of him pulling off her pants to try to trick him into remembering her?!?!

THAT stuff is what ruined the moment for me. None of the degenerate stuff the series is known for. The moronic drawn out nature of this arc and Slyphie's ultra-passivity.
Roxy doesn't have that childhood friend dynamic though.

Tags
fantasy, isekai