AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-05, 23:37   Link #281
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
There are many more characters that borrow appearance from the past series in Seren

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Many Thanks for calming my nerves.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 04:07   Link #282
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Keiko is still my favorite side character. She is good enough to have her own arc. It's amazing how lower quality the animation Seiren is compare to Amagami SS.
I was just rewatching the Haruka arc yesterday and I must say that Amagami also had a bit of bad looking drawings to it (even in the first episode) but Seiren isn't particularly gifted in that department either. I'd say the difference is most in writing and directing than audio-visual quality (imho)
Old 2017-03-07, 00:30   Link #283
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I really thought those were the actual two girls from the Tea Club in Amagami SS along with their love child. I guess it wasn't and that child is completely unrelated to those two girls.
The girl is Ruise Sanjo's younger sister: Rin Sanjo. Presumably this is related to why Ruise confronts Shouichi next episode.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 14:12   Link #284
grecefar

Come on childhood friend!, high hopes for you!
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 01:49   Link #285
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm actually surprised at how much screentime Hikari is getting here, when she actually didn't get much in the first couple episodes of her own arc.

It's also interesting that us, the viewers, knows Hikari is lying out of her ass only because of what transpired during her arc. She has done it multiple times over the past two episodes, so it only makes sense that she also was lying about 'some guy asking her out', using Shou-chan's story of asking a girl out for christmas-eve exclusive pancakes. Hikari is the type to embellish her lies with details, but unfortunately for Kyouko, Hikari does not know it was Kyouko that Shou-chan was asking out. And so the misunderstanding comes.

Or maybe Shou-chan did indeed earnestly asked her out, and I personally would prefer it this way because for once we get some heroine vs heroine conflict drama. But alas, it's Seiren going the way of Amagami, so that would never happen. XD

In any case, this being so heroine-centric is a good two-thumbs up from me. I guess it's because Shou-chan's character has already been established in the first two arcs, but they spent more than half the episode with him out of they way. Sadly though Hikari's arc suffered the most because of it, since they had to devote so much time for Shouichi, and she only had 4 episodes.

Good on Shou-chan though, since we get to fast-forward to him pretty much asking Kyouko out on a date within one and a half episodes. Was expecting this to be like Rihoko where it's just the two enjoying each other's company with nothing really happening, so it's really surprising that it's the childhood friend who gets the confession the quickest. Not only that, but he essentially gets rejected, so colour me surprised at how the story is progressing.

Looking forward to how Shou-chan clears up the misunderstandings.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 09:25   Link #286
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Kyouko's story is certainly interesting in its own unique way. There's such an imbalance in her between the extreme familiarity brought on by their lifelong friendship and the clear awareness of his manly side and all the great things about him that would make him a good boyfriend or more.

And yeah, I'd thought for a long time and I'm all the more certain now that Hikari is one of those "fake sluts" you see from time to time. I don't like to use that second word, but it seems an effective word to describe this type and the way they insist on having had all kinds of experience. My guess is she's never even been on a date with a boy, much less kissed or had sex, and she's too dumb to realize that her posing and pretending to have so much knowledge and experience and plans is keeping her from ever getting such experience, because the unapproachable class idol MUST have plans or a boyfriend if she's that casual about romance.

I hope that Kyouko realizes the truth about the hotel thing eventually though. I wouldn't want her to steel herself and try to go to a fancy hotel with him when they go out only for both to be incredibly awkward. Or for her to get to the hotel before she finds out that it really did just pop up due to a bad search choice.

Either way, this kind of shows both the benefits and the difficulties with childhood friend romance. She's sometimes too comfortable when she should be nervous or excited, and too nervous or excited when she should be comfortable. But at least she knows him well enough to know that he wouldn't ask Hikari out after being "rejected" by her, much less follow up by asking out every girl nearby.

But seriously, the girls in this series seem a lot more uninhibited than those in Amagami. Seriously, I don't care how close you are, no teenage girl would strip to her underwear in front of a boy, much less a boy she's half-crushing on. Doesn't happen.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 12:31   Link #287
IceHism

This arc is just making me miss tsuneki as a heroine and why did she have to have such a shitty arc T.T.

Justice for tsuneki
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 13:35   Link #288
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Kyouko's story is certainly interesting in its own unique way. There's such an imbalance in her between the extreme familiarity brought on by their lifelong friendship and the clear awareness of his manly side and all the great things about him that would make him a good boyfriend or more.

And yeah, I'd thought for a long time and I'm all the more certain now that Hikari is one of those "fake sluts" you see from time to time. I don't like to use that second word, but it seems an effective word to describe this type and the way they insist on having had all kinds of experience. My guess is she's never even been on a date with a boy, much less kissed or had sex, and she's too dumb to realize that her posing and pretending to have so much knowledge and experience and plans is keeping her from ever getting such experience, because the unapproachable class idol MUST have plans or a boyfriend if she's that casual about romance.
Considering what she decided at the end of her arc, I'd call that more feature than bug.

Quote:
But seriously, the girls in this series seem a lot more uninhibited than those in Amagami. Seriously, I don't care how close you are, no teenage girl would strip to her underwear in front of a boy, much less a boy she's half-crushing on. Doesn't happen.
That depends. Some girls see underwear as no worse than swimwear. I've seen some. Heck, there are some straight up nudists in the world.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 18:01   Link #289
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tsuneki has been so much better in the other heroines' arc it's ridiculous. Why did her own arc have to be so bad?
Old 2017-03-12, 01:29   Link #290
Wandering Soul

With all the focus they give Tsuneki in the other girl arc's, you really think they would have given Tsuneki herself a better one.
Old 2017-03-12, 07:07   Link #291
bastek66

Man, Seiren's staff are complete retards. Tsuneki is clearly best girl but they fucked up her route with out of ass ending. Anon who wrote this was spot on:
Spoiler for Seiren Interpretation by Anon:
Old 2017-03-12, 07:46   Link #292
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Man, Seiren's staff are complete retards. Tsuneki is clearly best girl but they fucked up her route with out of ass ending. Anon who wrote this was spot on:
Spoiler for Seiren Interpretation by Anon:
But MC got the final he deserved in Tsuneki arc. He got dumped in main plot and he only got some chance after actually changing himself.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 01:19   Link #293
scififan

Just watched episode 10.
There is a lesson to be learned. When you invite your friend to go out to eat, don't show her a cozy hotel room. It will make her defensive toward you. If you ask her what she thinks about you, she would say that she thinks you as a gentle older sister (yasashi onesan).
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 21:29   Link #294
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Shou-chan and Kyouko are so adorable together! Shou-chan being timid because he was turned down, and Kyouko trying her best to 'motivate' him to ask her out again. I actually like the development for both characters, as we see not only Kyouko 'growing up' via the home ec club, but also Shou-chan 'become a man' through his trials in asking Kyouko out.

Of course it's kinda sexist because if Kyouko has changed her mind, she herself should be asking Shou-chan out. But eh, it's an anime with the setting Japan, so I'll forgive it.

The only thing that's weirding me out would be, isn't Araki supposed to be Tsuneki's crush? And also her redhead friend too? Kinda weird both are so cold to his advances, but eh, I guess it's Kyouko's story so its okay to deviate.

And I must have been blind, but the girl behind the curtains in the OP, I thought it was just the current girl of the arc. But really looking at it, the girl's relatively short side bangs clearly is cut in shape of her jawline (its an uneven cut that is long on the front and gets shorter as it gets to her ears), and only one girl in the entire show has that hairstyle. So quite possibly Tomoe is the secret heroine?

Old 2017-03-17, 21:58   Link #295
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
The only thing that's weirding me out would be, isn't Araki supposed to be Tsuneki's crush? And also her redhead friend too? Kinda weird both are so cold to his advances
Remember, unlike Amagami SS, the Seiren arcs take place at different points in the school year. Tooru's is first, just after Spring break. Hikari's is second, starting just before and ending just after summer break. Kyouko's is third, spanning the start of the fall semester to Christmas.

Hikari's red haired friend already "dated" Araki, and they played house with the rabbits--as their dialog states specifically. It is not surprising that Araki's furry tendencies have turned them off.

Quote:
And I must have been blind, but the girl behind the curtains in the OP, I thought it was just the current girl of the arc. But really looking at it, the girl's relatively short side bangs clearly is cut in shape of her jawline (its an uneven cut that is long on the front and gets shorter as it gets to her ears), and only one girl in the entire show has that hairstyle. So quite possibly Tomoe is the secret heroine?
It is the heroine of the arc.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Notice how the girl changes from arc to arc. None is Tomoe, because all 3 girls have 2 long strands of hair in the front that goes below the jawline, while Tomoe's goes to the jawline only.

Last edited by Incest Emblem; 2017-03-18 at 14:43.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 11:16   Link #296
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm not really sure what Kyouko's thinking. I mean, the way she got concerned over his having asked her out and the possibility of him asking others out leads me to suspect that she realizes his interest, but other things suggest that she doesn't. Frankly, right now I get the feeling that she doesn't really believe he sees her as a woman; she recognizes that his asking her out COULD be a romantic overture, but isn't confident enough to bet on this. Add this fear that he isn't interested with a fear that pursuing a relationship would hurt their friendship, especially if he really isn't all that interested, and she's just too scared to do anything about the situation and instead tries to reassure herself that he'll still be there by asking him to continue being her dear childhood friend. And then, naturally taking this as a reinforcement of the rejection, he responds in kind expressing a dear friendship. Both are playing at being friends in fear of losing that friendship by pursuing a love that's unrequited, so they pretend that love doesn't exist and in the process reinforce those misgivings about one another's feelings. This is one of the big hurdles in childhood friend romance, and it can be a really scary one. This's part of the reason we sometimes see things like the backstory in the manga Pastel, where the hero's first girlfriend and he had been stuck in the same situation until their other friends forged love letters to give them courage.

On a different note, I really hope there's more to Ikuo's story. Or that there's a side story or extra in which things work out for him. This arc is already showing that being rejected isn't the end. Would be sweet to hear him later say that she'd had some other reasons that she had to reject him and they're now progressing well.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 10:00   Link #297
HandofFate

a bit confused about what happened in arc1 with Tsuneki now that the events that happened got brushed -shou in the last two arcs.

So shorthair friend ratted out about Tsuneki's job because she thought she was going to get in the way of shorthair trying to get close to the bunny fetish guy? Did Tsuneki have an interest in bunny-guy at all?
Old 2017-03-23, 23:24   Link #298
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 22:39   Link #299
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I would've been happy with just the Pancake Christmas Eve (goodness knows Rihoko has me expecting really slow arcs), but I'll take them having a family 10 years later. So yeah, this arc has everything I wanted it to be and more. Helps that Kimura is the perfect casting for Kyouko, as she really nailed the cute yet insecure, younger next-door girl right out of the ballpark. I got my arc, I don't care if this series bombed so hard they won't do a second season.

(Actually, that's partly a lie. I just want to see a second season if Moe-nee has her own arc... )

Tsuneki can't catch a break though. Worst arc, has to show up the most in other heroine's arc, and still loses the damn Santa contest. Shame, as she had great potential to be best heroine, but they bombed it real hard and made her more like a joke character. Oh well, can't win everything.

Old 2017-03-25, 00:09   Link #300
schedmaster

If I think about it, the best arc is the one with the best job in the end.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, omnibus project, romcom