AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 02:06   Link #281
ReddyRedWolf

More like nobody is daft enough to use these things as intended.

What Fan did was change the rules.

Rules don't mean much to a guy who wasn't indoctrinated. As it was said Fan was a civilian picked randomly.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 10:50   Link #282
lubczyk

Saw the 3rd episode. It ought to shut all the haters up. It has humor, action, political drama, et cetera. I don't know how some people can accuse Tytania of a "prodding" pace compared to something like Gundam 00, which is on it's 28th episode yet still can't build up momentum to save its life. I guess because Tytania doesn't have neither mechs nor battles "every" episode makes it boring somehow. Tytania seems to the best buildup of any show this season and this reason alone will probably reward patient viewers. I mean if Episode 3 of Tytania doesn't satisfy the plot/action junkie in you, I don't know what will.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 11:29   Link #283
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Episode 3:

A planet called Emmental ?

Looks like the head of the Tytania clan want things to move, he may find his clan too soft.

We are also seeing how Fan will be dragged into actively opposing Tytania.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 12:21   Link #284
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I think that you've mistaken my meaning. My criticism of Fan Hulic's tactic is not a criticism upon his skills at all - it's a criticism of the writing. In and of itself, it's not a problem unless more battles are resolved using such gimmicks.

That's why I wrote that the cannon's most obvious application would be in sieges, where the attacker is presumably facing a well-protect, but relatively static target like a space fortification. For Ariabart to say that such a unique weapon could have absolutely no battlefield application whatsoever seems to be rather shortsighted.
It's not a really a gimmick but rather utilizing obsolete/ineffective technology and hardware combining with skillful misdirection to make it into a one time use - highly risky but ultimately successful battle tactic. The author's point is to point out Fan's talent in coming up with unorthodox solutions to a nearly unsolvable problem.

The cannon cannot be used in siege because their self destruct range is too short and their beam is not enough for damage for a one shot deal. Best siege weapons against stationary targets would be missiles/torpedo from ballistic range since they do not need to adjust trajectory and enough of them will overwhelm any defense without the attacker taking any risk, unless there exists beam weapons with infinite range and no loss of energy over distance, which still need to overwhelm beam shields. The cannon's devestating power in this engagement is not the beam from it but rather it's self destruction. It will be hard pressed to send a stationary, one time use weapon close enough into a well defended station fortress to trigger the self destruct.
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 13:44   Link #285
SMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Saw the 3rd episode. It ought to shut all the haters up. It has humor, action, political drama, et cetera. I don't know how some people can accuse Tytania of a "prodding" pace compared to something like Gundam 00, which is on it's 28th episode yet still can't build up momentum to save its life. I guess because Tytania doesn't have neither mechs nor battles "every" episode makes it boring somehow. Tytania seems to the best buildup of any show this season and this reason alone will probably reward patient viewers. I mean if Episode 3 of Tytania doesn't satisfy the plot/action junkie in you, I don't know what will.
Your claim has that this episode "ought to shut all the haters up" is faulty because the sample claims your opposition made were reasonable and your claims were nothing but providing sarcastic commentary at what you see as the failed logic of your opposition. Yes, Tytania does have a prodding pace compared to something like Gundam 00, but that has more with relativity than the actual quality of Tytania. And no, this episode won't satisfy action junkies (who I presume you're arguing against) because it doesn't focus on action and because of Artland's mediocre animation. Your claim that the show has humor, action, political drama, et cetera is meaningless without some claim at how much there are and how well they're done. I cannot refute your claims that this show "seems to have the best buildup", but your claims that the build up itself will be rewarding is a bit weird, especially since I believe that people are waiting for the "keikaku dooris" and whatnot, not just the buildup. Episode 3 probably will satisfy plot junkies but it's probably not going to change any action junkie's mind.
SMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 15:11   Link #286
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like we get our first gender bender of the series --- Alses is pretty damn cool.
Old 2008-10-25, 15:51   Link #287
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looks like we get our first gender bender of the series --- Alses is pretty damn cool.
He gave me the heebie jeebies of glorified gay lord. I hate to think what he did to the boy servant when no one looks around.

Quite despicable man.
Old 2008-10-25, 15:51   Link #288
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
And perverted too. With little boys....

Was that boy genetically modified to remain young or was Alses implying something else?

Anyways, Fan got dragged into being a hero for the sake of the rebellion. Looks like the Clan Lord is going to get his war after all.
Old 2008-10-25, 17:03   Link #289
yang_wen_lee

Does the english sub out???
yang_wen_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 17:20   Link #290
neoeagle

one of the best anime's of this fall.Plot , characater developments are amazing.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 17:30   Link #291
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And perverted too. With little boys....

Was that boy genetically modified to remain young or was Alses implying something else?
My take is that he prefers young boys and that the page is likely to be genetically modified to look/stay young based on what Alses implied. No wonder his older brother does not want him in Uraniborg.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 18:06   Link #292
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The Dukes are starting to disappoint me. Idris and the big guy are starting to make Ariabart look good.

Seriously, Idris is just too bloodthirsty for his own good. And big guy talks big, but doesn't seem very good at inciting loyalty. Or to care about it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 18:14   Link #293
orion

I don't think we're suppose to be rooting for Tytania anyway. They are just another form of a corrupt monarchy. They all have their faults and when the chips are down you start to see it.

Democratic governments toeing the line are corrupt too. Those freedom fighters are remnants of the previous monarchies so they prob have issues too.

The way I see it rooting for any side in this one is not in the cards for me.
Old 2008-10-25, 18:41   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't think we're suppose to be rooting for Tytania anyway. They are just another form of a corrupt monarchy. They all have their faults and when the chips are down you start to see it.
At the moment i'm not rooting for anyone. I'm just sorting out what i like about each of the five family members.

I'm liking Ajuman the most so far. I have a feeling i'll end up with a lot of respect for him.
Old 2008-10-25, 18:48   Link #295
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Democratic governments toeing the line are corrupt too. Those freedom fighters are remnants of the previous monarchies so they prob have issues too.

The way I see it rooting for any side in this one is not in the cards for me.
Yeah, but I think we're supposed to find them formidable, not underwhelming. At this point, I feel we don't even need a hero. Just wait around a bit and they'll kill each other out of sheer stupidity.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 18:49   Link #296
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i wonder how they are going to be able to do in 26 ep. Someone better hand Fan a fleet soon. He is not going to get anywhere if he has built up a fleet for scratch. Especially since he doesn't have any pink dust.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:06   Link #297
herbert

Quote:
It's so sad that anyone ignore my earlier post.

Just kidding.

Episode 3 is good, they did a little change on Fan's behaviour and make better sense than novel (in my very very personal opinion). Look forward for next ep.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:07   Link #298
orion

Quote:
At the moment i'm not rooting for anyone. I'm just sorting out what i like about each of the five family members.

I'm liking Ajuman the most so far. I have a feeling i'll end up with a lot of respect for him.
Ajman definitely has my respect so far. Imagining him doing a facepalm during this episode when thinking about who is going to be his successor is pretty funny.

Jouslain definitely is second on the Tytania clan respect list. I kind of feel sorry for Fan for getting dragged into this mess.

I also wonder what's up with 2nd Princess Lydia. We keep seeing glimpses of her but nothing comes of it so far.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:09   Link #299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I also wonder what's up with 2nd Princess Lydia. We keep seeing glimpses of her but nothing comes of it so far.
Which is a shame really. I get the feeling they're only added those scenes to make is aware that she is in the show. Hope she has more of an important role soon.

Also i was just wondering, does anyone have any images of Mikimoto Haruhiko's original character designs?
Old 2008-10-25, 19:12   Link #300
herbert

Quote:
Any anime needs a moeblob these days.

Tags
science fiction, space opera