AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-10-28, 21:22   Link #281
Galaxian

King Shark was so far out of my radar that I didn't even realized that they were talking about him during the episode until he finally showed up.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 01:20   Link #282
Nerroth
NePoi!

This clip from WB Japan's YouTube channel introduces The Flash for a local audience:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2015-10-29 at 01:31.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 14:04   Link #283
Wandering Soul

Well the picture summary for the latest episode is out.

http://m.imgur.com/a/jrCLX
Old 2015-10-29, 20:58   Link #284
GDB

So... I take it from that "summary" that people apparently think Patty is Zoom?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 22:57   Link #285
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... I take it from that "summary" that people apparently think Patty is Zoom?
It's more of an ongoing joke they are making. Also the summaries for episodes two and three have been posted.

http://m.imgur.com/a/1S3qv

http://m.imgur.com/a/kLnLF
Old 2015-11-04, 03:05   Link #286
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So unlike Fake Wells of Earth-1 who was a kind mentor to the Star Labs team, Wells of Earth-2 is a jerk.
Also, the reason he came to Earth-1 to help Barry to stop Zoom is because Zoom kidnapped his daughter.
This week's villain is Dr Light from Earth-2, whose actually Linda Park's Earth-2 counterpart.
And we learn from Garrick that Aquaman exist in Earth-2.
Cameo of HawkGirl!
Old 2015-11-04, 03:19   Link #287
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode once again makes me feel bad for the real Wells of Earth-1. Just an innocent victim murdered by Reverse Flash.

Wells 2.0 is certainly a jerk. It's not even about his daughter being held hostage. He was a jerk before that. He caused the incident that created the meta humans and didn't say anything, instead he took advantage of it to make more money selling tech. Then when his kid gets captured, Flash vanishes, suddenly he's interested in stopping Zoom.

I'm not surprised Jay didn't like this idea. Zoom took him down and had been a terror for him for a long time. Understandably he wants to be better prepared than they are to face this guy. But Wells doesn't care. He wants Zoom done now and damn the consequences. I guess this will all lead to the only way to deal with Zoom being a triple flash special with Barry, Jay, and Wally (he's gotta be coming) working together.

Didn't even recognize the Hawk Girl cameo. But I shouldn't be surprised . Everything this season for Arrow and Flash has at least some kind of link to Legends of Tomorrow.
Old 2015-11-04, 08:55   Link #288
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I think you guys are being a bit hard on Wells-2. Yes he's a jerk, absolutely. But Oliver had plenty of moments where he was just as big a jerk, if not bigger. The first (of many) examples coming to mind being how he treated Barry after the guy saved his life, and how he treated his own friends for calling on Barry's help.
Bottom line though, jerk > evil. They now have a bonafide genius back on their side, so in the end, plus. Though he does seem to have some secrets still.

And geez Joe, as much as Wells-1/Eobard may have been evil and you would want to take the chance to take him down as fast as you could, wouldn't Barry and co. standing around the guy and not acting like he's evil be a sign not to shoot first and ask questions later? It's not even like Joe doesn't know about the whole earth 2 dilemma.

And I totally mieed the Hawkgirl cameo. >.> Where was it?
Old 2015-11-04, 09:20   Link #289
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And I totally mieed the Hawkgirl cameo. >.> Where was it?
She was the cashier at the coffee place that Cisco asked out.
Old 2015-11-04, 10:46   Link #290
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She was the cashier at the coffee place that Cisco asked out.
*facepalm*
Old 2015-11-04, 22:26   Link #291
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think you guys are being a bit hard on Wells-2. Yes he's a jerk, absolutely. But Oliver had plenty of moments where he was just as big a jerk, if not bigger. The first (of many) examples coming to mind being how he treated Barry after the guy saved his life, and how he treated his own friends for calling on Barry's help.
To be fair, while Ollie acted fairly ungrateful to Barry for saving his life, it was because in his mind Diggle and Felicity had compromised his secret by bringing in someone who they had barely gotten to know and with secrets of his own (the murder of his mom). He didn't think they had the right to reveal his secret without his permission, even if it did save his life.

Obviously he should've been more appreciative of Barry helping him, but I think it's at least understandable why he'd be angry at the breach of privacy that happened...especially with how important it is that his secret identity remain a secret.
Old 2015-11-04, 23:59   Link #292
Wandering Soul

Hawkgirl made a cameo and Aquaman also got mentioned.

Earth 2 Dr Wells may be a jerk but we still have no confirmation that he is evil. But we do know that Zoom has taken his daughter hostage.

Anyone else find it funny how the promo for tge next episode has Joe ask "whose stupid plan this was" and the next scene is Iris telling everyone her plan.

http://m.imgur.com/a/lLp4I

Remember it's not murder if they are from Earth 2.
Old 2015-11-05, 00:16   Link #293
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post

Earth 2 Dr Wells may be a jerk but we still have no confirmation that he is evil. But we do know that Zoom has taken his daughter hostage.

Anyone else find it funny how the promo for tge next episode has Joe ask "whose stupid plan this was" and the next scene is Iris telling everyone her plan.

Even though you could just as well put them in the Pipeline .
Old 2015-11-05, 00:46   Link #294
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

At least we have a reason the writers have had the Flash kill all the metas that have attacked this season (before this latest one). So a big deal can be made about actually capturing one alive in order to lure out Zoom . Would have been hilarious if they'd just captured the first person and rushed into that situation .
Old 2015-11-05, 00:53   Link #295
monster

I don't understand how capturing a "random" meta-human is supposed to lure Zoom. Being captured is practically the same as being killed, aka failing. So Zoom would just send another meta-human. In order to use someone/something as a lure, it must first be established that there is interest for the would-be lure.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 07:57   Link #296
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
To be fair, while Ollie acted fairly ungrateful to Barry for saving his life, it was because in his mind Diggle and Felicity had compromised his secret by bringing in someone who they had barely gotten to know and with secrets of his own (the murder of his mom). He didn't think they had the right to reveal his secret without his permission, even if it did save his life.

Obviously he should've been more appreciative of Barry helping him, but I think it's at least understandable why he'd be angry at the breach of privacy that happened...especially with how important it is that his secret identity remain a secret.
It was breach of privacy vs. letting him die. Easy choice, and Oliver should have understood that. Instead he goes full-blast jerkwad on his own friends.
My point, though, is that this and several other times are instances of Oliver being a jerk, so Wells-2 being a jerk isn't that big a deal by now.
Old 2015-11-05, 13:28   Link #297
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post

I love how using Linda as bait is the Renegade option. And we all know how Flash taking the Renegade option usually goes .

How ironic is it that, at this point, Green Arrow would probably go Paragon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't understand how capturing a "random" meta-human is supposed to lure Zoom. Being captured is practically the same as being killed, aka failing. So Zoom would just send another meta-human. In order to use someone/something as a lure, it must first be established that there is interest for the would-be lure.
They're going to make it look like Dr. Light actually beat Flash, by dressing up Linda as Dr. Light, so that Zoom will come over to check. Though before Iris suggested that idea, I think they just assumed that Zoom would come in to check on Light's failure to kill Flash and make sure she suffers for failing him, since that seems to be Zoom's MO in regards to the breachers.

Though I hope they give Earth-2 Linda some clothes before they take her costume...not that I'd mind some Linda fanservice .
Old 2015-11-05, 14:28   Link #298
GDB

I just hope they explain why Zoom is sending villains to kill Barry rather than just doing it himself, since he seemed to easily beat Jay and is stronger now. Really hope it isn't the obvious "Zoom is future Barry training him!" thing.
Old 2015-11-05, 22:39   Link #299
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They're going to make it look like Dr. Light actually beat Flash, by dressing up Linda as Dr. Light, so that Zoom will come over to check.
Isn't Linda still an outsider?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 02:15   Link #300
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok, now we got something going here . Nice to have an episode where the focus is entirely on the main plot with Zoom and not sidetracked with setting up other shows.

This was really good. The secret for Wells was dragged out into the open which was nice. Flash got his rear kicked after picking a fight he wasn't ready for and Barry reveals his secret yet again. But to be fair...the Flash has a museum in the future, clearly secret identity wasn't a big thing for him.

Kind of respect how freaking effective Zoom was on unleashing terror. The first episode with the Reverse Flash last year was pretty intense and scary. This was also effective. Zoom smacking Barry around and dragging his damaged body around to basically gloat to everyone. Nice move .

And yeah we're going to have a "Barry must regain his speed/recover from his injuries" thing that they basically did last season. But hey, at least our favorite super ape is coming back .

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel