AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-08-22, 17:19   Link #281
AnimeFan188

Black Canary Solo Film Finally Coming to the DC Cinematic Universe

"Dinah Lance steps into the spotlight as a Black Canary movie is on its way!

Deadline reports Lovecraft Country writer and showrunner Misha Green is creating a Black
Canary movie for HBO max. Green and Jurnee Smollett have thrown around the idea of
further exploring the character and world of Black Canary during press for Lovecraft
Country, which was cancelled after one season.

Smollett will reprise her role as superhero Dinah Lance aka Black Canary who was
introduced in fantabulous fashion in Cathy Yan’s 2020 DC film Birds of Prey. In the film,
Lance is introduced as a cabaret singer and personal driver for big bad Roman Sionis
(Ewan McGregor). Fighting alongside Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) and The Huntress
Helena Bertinelli (Mary Elizabeth Winston), she reveals her metahuman power of super-
sonic screaming."

See:

https://gizmodo.com/black-canary-sol...mat-1847534981
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 19:54   Link #282
AnimeFan188

Robert Pattinson broods and batters his way through new The Batman trailer

"Robert Pattinson is appropriately dark and brooding and beating up bad guys in the latest trailer for
The Batman, which debuted at DC FanDome this weekend. Directed and co-written by Matt Reeves,
the film's release has been delayed multiple times but will finally hit theaters next March.

As I've written previously, the original plan was to set the film within the DCEU, after the events of
Justice League. But as Warner Bros. was rethinking the shared-universe model for its superhero
films in favor of standalone films and franchises, Ben Affleck announced he was stepping down as
director, and the studio replaced him with Reeves. Affleck would eventually withdraw from the
project altogether, following his divorce from Jennifer Garner and a stint in rehab for alcohol abuse."

See:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...atman-trailer/

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-10-18, 03:27   Link #283
GDB

Honestly, I was looking forward to it because it previously seemed to be focusing more on the "detective" aspect of Batman, but this trailer threw all of that away and made it seem like dark and brooding Iron Man. Absolutely nothing he's doing seems to give off an aura of intelligence, he's just fighting and tanking machine gun shots with his suit. And the scene with the Riddler in jail where Batman punches the glass just made him look pathetic.

Also, this cast is looking pretty large for a first movie. We got Riddler as the main antagonist, who I assume is supposed to be Falcone, and some chick who I also assume is either supposed to be Talia or Selena.

Unless they're pulling a Spiderman: Homecoming and skipping the origin story part of this, that's way too many plot threads.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 07:20   Link #284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless they're pulling a Spiderman: Homecoming and skipping the origin story part of this, that's way too many plot threads.
Pretty sure the origin story will be skipped, because like Spider-man, everyone knows it. No point in rehashing it over and over again.

And yeah, despite the Riddler being the main antagonist, it seems like a rather mindless action movie.
Old 2021-10-18, 07:53   Link #285
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Despite DC pretty much giving up on an encompassing shared cinematic universe for more coherent singular movies, it still feels like they don't know what they're doing half the time.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 18:47   Link #286
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Despite DC pretty much giving up on an encompassing shared cinematic universe for more coherent singular movies, it still feels like they don't know what they're doing half the time.
They probably haven't given up on a shared cinematic universe, they're going to use The Flash to reboot everything because they definitely completely fucked up the first attempt. When you compare what Marvel has accomplished (despite using a less iconic set of heroes) compared to them, it's night and day.
Old 2021-10-18, 18:54   Link #287
GDB

I think they're trying to be smart now and are building things that CAN work together but don't necessarily work together.

See: Shazam. References Superman and Batman existing, and shows a Superman at the end, but is very non-descript regarding anything about them so it could be ANY version of them.

This lets them keep what's popular and ditch what isn't.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-19, 01:18   Link #288
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They probably haven't given up on a shared cinematic universe, they're going to use The Flash to reboot everything because they definitely completely fucked up the first attempt. When you compare what Marvel has accomplished (despite using a less iconic set of heroes) compared to them, it's night and day.
I would prefer they not try and Flashpoint their way out of this as an excuse to try again...
Old 2021-10-19, 04:08   Link #289
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You know what, maybe it's destiny that made MCU & DC movies the way they are. If "planned" is MCU's game then "chaotic" is DC's game. They're almost like yin & yang that provide balance to the blockbuster film industry
Old 2021-10-20, 02:44   Link #290
jdennis007

What they need to do is get rid of Snyder, he makes the most boring movies ever. He could turn a Hong Kong action flick into a snooze-fest.
Old 2021-10-20, 07:44   Link #291
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
What they need to do is get rid of Snyder, he makes the most boring movies ever. He could turn a Hong Kong action flick into a snooze-fest.
They got rid of him a long time ago

He has a hardcore fanbase but I don't like his movies either.
Old 2022-02-12, 01:28   Link #292
AnimeFan188

New DC Films Promo Proclaims the World Needs Heroes

"In the new promo for DC Films, we see four pretty enormous releases for the rest of
the year. We’ve all got The Batman on the brain, since it’s coming out in a few short
weeks. But we’ll also have Black Adam, The Flash, and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
to keep the heroism going. And we get our best look yet and some of the DC Comics
favorites making their big screen debuts.

We’ve seen a good amount of this footage from The Batman before. And yes, we’re
obviously super stoked about it. But what has me the most excited in this minute-long
tease are the shots of the Justice Society members we see in the Black Adam footage.
Aldis Hodge’s Hawkman spreads his wings; Pierce Brosnan’s Dr. Fate looking suitably
regal; Noah Centineo’s Atom Smasher bigger than buildings; and Quintessa Swindell’s
Cyclone looking like an absolute boss. Black Adam, from director Jaume Collet-Serra,
will hit theaters July 29."

See:

https://nerdist.com/article/dc-films...flash-aquaman/

YouTube
Old 2022-03-26, 16:29   Link #293
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I saw the Batman. The theater was more than half empty. I've had good 4dx experiences, but this wasn't one of them.

And yeah, world's greatest detective he isn't. We got an edgy teen with an emo look in really good armor.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-27, 07:47   Link #294
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And yeah, world's greatest detective he isn't. We got an edgy teen with an emo look in really good armor.
Even the deleted Joker scene made Batman falling behind Joker's deduction skills .

YouTube

But TBH I enjoy the movie. Not as good as TDK but I like all the elements that surrounded the characters & plot: the city, the rain, the mood, noir-style narration and a shit-ton of screentime for Batman, not Bruce Wayne. Also, fight-choreography is better than Nolan's trilogy but not by much. Nolan's vehicular action in his trilogy still run circles around The Batman's though.

Another topic:

I just finished Peacemaker Seaon 1 and it's just so much fun. James Gunn's brand of DC is GOLD! From The Suicide Squad to Peacemaker, both are great for what they had to work with. I really really want Gunn to keep doing DC stuffs. Give the man all the freedom & money to do it!
Old 2022-05-01, 19:23   Link #295
AnimeFan188

Batwoman gets cancelled:

"CW's Batwoman has been canceled after three seasons, according to showrunner
Caroline Dries. News broke Friday afternoon that the series will not be returning for
a fourth season. The third season ended on a fairly serious cliffhanger, leaving fans
disappointed that storylines will not receive appropriate closure. Javicia Leslie took
up the mantel as Batwoman in 2020, following Ruby Rose's unexpected departure
from the series. The series came under fire last year, when Rose levied accusations
against the production, Dries, and former cast members. Leslie has yet to comment
on this sad news, but she did retweet Dries' tweet with the unfortunate
announcement that arrived just one day after National Superhero Day."

See:

https://collider.com/batwoman-cancel...ason-3-the-cw/

YouTube
Old 2022-05-02, 07:01   Link #296
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I never bothered watching Batwoman, but I've read summaries and this show felt like a complete mess. Their biggest mistake was probably not to recast the character of Kate Kane when Ruby Rose left and instead pass the mantle of Batwoman to some literally who unrelated to Bruce Wayne or the previous plotlines.

Legends of Tomorrow was also canceled. The show had been going in circles for a long while, with most of the original cast members having left, so it was about time. The problem is that the series ended on a cliffhanger instead of getting a proper ending. I mean, come on, for a show that lasted this long you at least owe the fans an ending.
Old 2022-05-03, 19:30   Link #297
Wandering Soul

I checked out of Legends a few seasons ago, so it's not too much of a loss for me, but it's too bad that it ended on a cliffhanger.

Never cared for Batwoman and from what I heard, it was terrible.
Old 2022-05-04, 09:17   Link #298
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Speaking as a Batwoman fan, while I originally didn't like the fact that they didn't just recast Kate, seeing Ryan grow into a member of the Bat family with a bit of a different flavour to her was a joy.

If anything, where the show fell down was when it tried to make Ryan too much like Bruce or Kate. It's a true pity that the show got cancelled when Ryan was finally getting more confident as a superhero.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 17:03   Link #299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I almost feel bad for DC. They were banking on The Flash movie to revive their shared universe, and now it looks like they'll have to forgo all promotions because the lead actor is apparently a psycho.
Old 2022-06-26, 04:14   Link #300
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well season 3 of Harley Quinn is showing next month so there's a silver lining to DC's woes...