AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-17, 14:10   Link #281
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
They're actually lucky that Vegeta is willing to lower himself to a servant (which is the complete opposite of what he used to be).
that what happened when you have people more important than your life/pride

you can see old Vegeta when they were dead
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 19:42   Link #282
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh god, sometimes the art just takes a nose dive when it's non serious stuff. When they were cheering Beerus to eat the dumplin ...oh god poor 18.
Old 2015-08-17, 19:49   Link #283
sayde

I wonder how the ratings are doing over in Japan. Because as much as I'm looking forward to the plot extending beyond Revival of F, between the poor animation quality and the recapped plot, I worry if the series will make it beyond the plot of BotG before its cancelled. I can't imagine this is holding the attention of audiences very well. But I hope I'm wrong.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 20:06   Link #284
GDB

When was the last time an anime got canceled mid-airing? Let's be realistic here.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 20:19   Link #285
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When was the last time an anime got canceled mid-airing? Let's be realistic here.
rarely, however the "animation/ graphics" quality is another matter after they decide to cancel it...

basically they dropped quality to save money because they're dying anyways, no point to spend more money on a dead anime... lol

than they just "fixes" the poor quality in BlueRay and hope suckers would buy them... yea... the BD hooks, even ppls here gets hooked lots of times because they want "fixed" or "uncensored" even tho they could have it already fixed or uncensored in the airing, but they decide not to.. (the ones I talk are those night time ones, not day time, ones that was meant for uncen but certain streams decides to cen it anyways.)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 20:20   Link #286
GDB

Or they're just cheap asses who do have a history of doing this, and they're not going to cancel something that makes bank in merchandising?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 07:05   Link #287
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
rarely, however the "animation/ graphics" quality is another matter after they decide to cancel it...

basically they dropped quality to save money because they're dying anyways, no point to spend more money on a dead anime... lol

than they just "fixes" the poor quality in BlueRay and hope suckers would buy them... yea... the BD hooks, even ppls here gets hooked lots of times because they want "fixed" or "uncensored" even tho they could have it already fixed or uncensored in the airing, but they decide not to.. (the ones I talk are those night time ones, not day time, ones that was meant for uncen but certain streams decides to cen it anyways.)
What makes you think it's a dead anime? I can show you some dead animes that are still airing. Like Naruto...
Old 2015-08-18, 22:31   Link #288
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I wonder how the ratings are doing over in Japan. Because as much as I'm looking forward to the plot extending beyond Revival of F, between the poor animation quality and the recapped plot, I worry if the series will make it beyond the plot of BotG before its cancelled. I can't imagine this is holding the attention of audiences very well. But I hope I'm wrong.
Ratings in the Japanese television (top10) from 03/08 to 09/08:

(sorry about some words being in portuguese )

Now, imagine if DBSuper actually had a decent animation. I'm ok with the recap and we already see that DBS is going to be more like the original DB (kid Goku) style which i loved so much. Maybe that's why i can still find some pleasure watching this anime despite that horrible animation. Toei, y u do dis? :/
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 23:08   Link #289
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And I think you guys are over-reacting. The Dragonball TV series never had excellent animation quality. Never did, so take off those nostalgia glasses -- I mean, seriously, just look at the clips being used for Dragonball Z Abridged. You can't honestly say those are examples of excellent quality.

What I think is happening is people are expecting movie-level quality ala Battle of The Gods. Better tone down those expectation, guys.
Old 2015-08-18, 23:25   Link #290
DemonneoPT

It never had excelent animation, but it was still 1000 times better than DBS. Plus, the fights were totally savage and bloody, the Super Sayanjin transformations gave goosebumps and the overall art/design was way more badass. I never expected movie-level animation but we are in 2015, of course people were expecting something better when compared to the 90s anime. Toei is just insulting a franchise that was partly responsible for the studio's success. Nice job!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 04:56   Link #291
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
What I think is happening is people are expecting movie-level quality ala Battle of The Gods. Better tone down those expectation, guys.
Funny you should bring that up as an example... Because outside of that one sequence of Goku and Beerus flying into the atmosphere, Battle of Gods looked like shit. Several of the older movies (1, 9 and 12 come to mind) had far better animation than Battle of Gods.
Old 2015-08-19, 07:15   Link #292
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
If Pokemon didn't get canceled then there is still hope for Dragonball Super!
Thing is , I think people just want the movie recap to end and start the new story.
After all , SSJGSS can't be that last form of Sayan.
Considering , Golden Freeza has more power then SSJGSS.
Therefore , There still hope for another Super Sayan form that's possibly stronger then Beerus.
Old 2015-08-19, 09:54   Link #293
rladls2121

^And stronger than Whis too.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 17:36   Link #294
chaos_animagic

Dragonball never had good quality because it was like 10+ years ago?...
Pretty sure they should have the know-hows by now to make a good quality Dragonball... lol

Also, Pokemon never had a chance of being cancelled, it's still one of the most popular thing in Japan, if not the whole world.
Not to mention one of Nintendo's top selling long-term game besides Mario. (and maybe Link)

What I think is this, maybe they're doing the shitty quality on purpose so ppls would end up watching the Movie instead to see a good quality of this long-recap arc.
Old 2015-08-20, 04:14   Link #295
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just caught up, alrighty Vegeta making Takoyaki instead of dancing? lol

next episode hype dunno if SSJ3 Vegeta will be a reality, but my fingers are crossed.
Old 2015-08-20, 04:20   Link #296
RDNexus

It possibly won't, according to what was seen in the Manga...
Source: http://the-devils-corpse.deviantart....lers-554961418
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 08:09   Link #297
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
If Pokemon didn't get canceled then there is still hope for Dragonball Super!
Thing is , I think people just want the movie recap to end and start the new story.
After all , SSJGSS can't be that last form of Sayan.
Considering , Golden Freeza has more power then SSJGSS.
Therefore , There still hope for another Super Sayan form that's possibly stronger then Beerus.
Considering the fact that SSJGSSJ is combining Divine Ki (Saiyan beyond God) with SSJ, then is pretty obvious that SSJGSSJ2 and SSJGSSJ3 will exist as well.

SSJGSSJ2 is combining Divine Ki and SSJ2 and should be more powerful than Bills.
SSJGSSJ3 is combining Divine Ki and SSJ3 and should be more powerful than Wiss.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 23:01   Link #298
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
It possibly won't, according to what was seen in the Manga...
Source: http://the-devils-corpse.deviantart....lers-554961418
spoiled myself

Spoiler for Vegeta:

So I can conclude that power levels and forms are really in how they gain new power ups and use it effectively
Old 2015-08-21, 02:16   Link #299
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
spoiled myself

Spoiler for Vegeta:

So I can conclude that power levels and forms are really in how they gain new power ups and use it effectively
Won't that just meant he's in some sort of

speculation possibly spoiler?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-08-21, 02:37   Link #300
rladls2121

I wonder if there is going to be some reference on Xenoverse series in the future.

Beerus and Whis are really a great addition in this series.

Goten, Trunks, and Buu, no wonder they did not make any appearance in Revival of F movie.
They are not really fit for the serious atmosphere.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy