AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2017-05-03, 17:50   Link #281
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder if the audiodrama will be adapted into the anime considering even Sigma adapted it.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 02:31   Link #282
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I wonder if the audiodrama will be adapted into the anime considering even Sigma adapted it.
I had that thought lol... perhaps the delay is because they realised they couldn't possibly release the series without animating the best novel! xD

I can hope, right?!

Wouldn't it be awesome if the new series opened with Kalinin having a dream... and it's the side arms 2 voice from the north side story? I really, REALLY hope that gets animated. Kalinin is so important to the story going forward, I really want to see his backstory fleshed out.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-05-04 at 08:29. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 04:04   Link #283
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Could be. I wager too on the need of an original episode done by Gatou-san.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 13:51   Link #284
Dextro
He Without a Title

Full Metal Panic! Light Novel Author, Illustrator to Attend Anime Expo

Quote:
FUNimation Entertainment announced on Wednesday that Full Metal Panic! light novel author Shoji Gatoh and illustrator Shikidouji will attend Anime Expo for a panel on the series' 15th anniversary and the upcoming Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory television anime.

[...]

This year's Anime Expo convention will run from July 1 to July 4 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In addition, the convention will formally include a preview night a day before on June 30.
If anyone's attending I would love to hear about the panel. Sadly LA is a bit too far away for me to attend. Almost half a world a way actually
Old 2017-06-14, 13:55   Link #285
Mugen26

Well, here's some interesting news for the day: Shouji Gatou and artist Shikidouji will be at this year's Anime Expo to hold a panel celebrating the franchise's 15 years and the upcoming Invisible Victory anime! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-expo/.117472

We may finally get something of substance presented for this anime if Shouji Gatou is showing up, along with a possible new air date since the fall 2017 TV slot has been removed from the websites. Honestly I though news would come slow until the next Fantasia Bunko event in late October. Count me surprised and excited! Any folks on the forum lucky enough to be in the Los Angeles area might want to check it out live if possible.
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 13:57   Link #286
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Full Metal Panic! Light Novel Author, Illustrator to Attend Anime Expo

If anyone's attending I would love to hear about the panel. Sadly LA is a bit too far away for me to attend. Almost half a world a way actually
I'm only a 3 hour flight away, but just came back from another con this past weekend so my wallet may not be able to handle it; especially an expensive con like Anime Expo.
Old 2017-06-23, 09:44   Link #287
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Hopefully new info will surface.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2017-06-23, 10:00   Link #288
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Really now...this is a nice coincidence. I was talking about this the other day wishing there was another season.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 19:31   Link #289
Mugen26

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Based on the tweet from Shinichiro Inoue, we should be expecting some news regarding FMP IV's new broadcast date tonight during the FMP 15th anniversary panel at Anime Expo!

As I'm writing this, the panel starts in 2 hours (7:30pm PST). However news most likely won't reach until either during or after the panel ends. I sure hope those lucky enough to attend in person are kind enough to upload it for YouTube.

It's official. Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory will broadcast Spring 2018.

EDIT: Here's the ANN article for further reference: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-2018/.118269

Last edited by Flower; 2017-07-01 at 00:59.
Old 2017-06-30, 23:25   Link #290
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Looks like there's probably something interesting here, below where it says "-Toward the Spring of 2018-": http://tdd-1.com/iv/index.html#fmpiv_mes
I don't know moonrunes, and it's an image, not text, so I can't even throw it into google translate to get a rough idea of what it says.

Also, according to the AnimeNewsNetwork article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-2018/.118269 , the Cyclone, the british 2nd gen AS, is going to make an appearance in the anime, but I can't for the life of me recall it making an appearance in the LNs. I guess I can imagine where they could have it appear (8th book), but I just realized this isn't the thread where we're allowed to post spoilers, so I won't say.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 23:43   Link #291
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-2018/.118269

Thread prefix changed.
Old 2017-07-01, 00:57   Link #292
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Guess they did the right thing.

Old 2017-07-01, 13:43   Link #293
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnagemaster View Post
Also, according to the AnimeNewsNetwork article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-2018/.118269 , the Cyclone, the british 2nd gen AS, is going to make an appearance in the anime, but I can't for the life of me recall it making an appearance in the LNs. I guess I can imagine where they could have it appear (8th book), but I just realized this isn't the thread where we're allowed to post spoilers, so I won't say.
It appears in BOMF.

Quote:
The panel also showed a promotional video for the new anime.
Anyone know if / where this can be found?
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 17:09   Link #294
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Anyone know if / where this can be found?
The promotional video showcased probably won't be online since it was a panel-exclusive video and the FUNimation staff asked the audience to not record or take pictures. My guess is that the rest of us won't be able to see any PV's until this year's Fantasia Bunko event in late October.
Old 2017-07-01, 17:51   Link #295
Subzero00

Here a video of some of the fmp panel:

https://youtu.be/qXxQT51CqF8
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 20:12   Link #296
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Here's a superior video of the fmp panel:

https://twitter.com/AlphaJarmel/stat...84706330828800
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 20:44   Link #297
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Nice. Mao in a Mithril CO uniform. XD

Old 2017-07-01, 21:12   Link #298
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post

I was just about to link it. OMG! Yes!! I'm glad we got to see it leaked. I just wonder how long it'll stay afloat online? *Goes to immediately download it*
Old 2017-07-02, 00:19   Link #299
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Tuna de Pyongyang
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 00:32   Link #300
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
Here a video of some of the fmp panel:

https://youtu.be/qXxQT51CqF8
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post

And THANK YOU!!! Looks very nice, glad to see they kept the drawing (art) style, I was a little worried they might switch to the one shown at the audio drama episodes.

Still, Spring 2018 means around 9 months from now, doesn't it?
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote