LG-MAX 2.o

Vol 1 Bluray cover

LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 18:13   Link #282
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Please happen so we can go Akane route
Dude, stop beating the horse, it is paste at this point. Besides, the MC already has feelings for Rikka, you have a better chance of rooting for either the friend or Anti to get Akane.
Old 2018-11-05, 18:45   Link #283
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Dude, stop beating the horse, it is paste at this point. Besides, the MC already has feelings for Rikka, you have a better chance of rooting for either the friend or Anti to get Akane.
You clearly are not familiar with EroTiger. Once he has decided on a ship, no matter how crackish it may seem, he'll go down with it, all while reminding us how terrible the main ship is.
Old 2018-11-05, 19:30   Link #284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shipping aside, they really need to give Rikka more screentime because at the moment Akane feels much closer to being the main heroine to me... despite being the antagonist.
Old 2018-11-05, 19:34   Link #285
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah so far all we've gotten from her is an episode about her being hung up that she didn't answer a phone call and a few scenes about her wanting to be useful. That's it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 20:54   Link #286
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shipping aside, they really need to give Rikka more screentime because at the moment Akane feels much closer to being the main heroine to me... despite being the antagonist.
You know, in spite of all the showing of her as an antagonist, the merchandise is still pushing Akane as a heroine.

She's even been paired with Rikka for the Character Song Singles releasing in December. (Yeah, there's two of those singles coming. One for Yuuta and Utsumi, the other for Rikka and Akane.)
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 22:07   Link #287
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe Akane really is a heroine. Her counterpart in the old series became a member of the hero team. She's more interesting and talented imo.
Old 2018-11-05, 22:34   Link #288
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You know, in spite of all the showing of her as an antagonist, the merchandise is still pushing Akane as a heroine.

She's even been paired with Rikka for the Character Song Singles releasing in December. (Yeah, there's two of those singles coming. One for Yuuta and Utsumi, the other for Rikka and Akane.)
Well of course they are, they want to merchandise their waifus as much as possible. The anime industry would die at this point if they didn't do so.
Old 2018-11-06, 00:58   Link #289
EroKing

"Your waifu is already pregnant."

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 06:09.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 01:25   Link #290
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

...And the baby will be Gridman made manifest!
Old 2018-11-06, 01:45   Link #291
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Is that what the MC forgot? That he impregnated her?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 02:06   Link #292
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, somebody put a good bit of effort into that chart......
Old 2018-11-06, 04:02   Link #293
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah so far all we've gotten from her is an episode about her being hung up that she didn't answer a phone call and a few scenes about her wanting to be useful. That's it.
I think they've been handling Rikka fine as the most human of the main cast. She's about the only character that can feel the weight of the loss of life to this point. And she's really the only one taking action based on that. Akane is happily killing people, Yuta has amnesia so he doesn't know many people around him, and Utsumi isn't all that social and probably wouldn't care if anyone outside of Akane died in their class.

Of course they'll still need to do more with her. Carrying on with Rikka blaming herself for these attacks targeting her or people around her will help in that respect. If there is a reason that Rikka and Akane distanced themselves from each other that could be explored more as well.

Although I think the character that needs more focus right now is Utsumi. He knows some cliches of the genre they are in and has a crush on Akane...Curious where they might actually go with his character beyond that.
Old 2018-11-06, 04:50   Link #294
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Well of course they are, they want to merchandise their waifus as much as possible. The anime industry would die at this point if they didn't do so.
Why so defensive? It's not like I was talking about shipping or anything. Hell, even Anti is promoted as though he is part of the heroes by all the merchandise.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 07:44   Link #295
eisai_haramasukoi

They went full blast with that fanservice. I like it.

That said, the Alliance really need to invest on a laptop.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 08:52   Link #296
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Please let this be real. This would actually make sense with how she reacted to Yuutas' amnesia in the first episode. The reveal alone would make this the anime of the century.

Quote:
Why so defensive? It's not like I was talking about shipping or anything. Hell, even Anti is promoted as though he is part of the heroes by all the merchandise.
You my friend have bad reading comprehension. All I did was state a fact, nothing more, nothing less. If it cones off as defensive then that is on you.
Old 2018-11-06, 10:47   Link #297
drawr

Seems like Akane is becoming a little smarter and less rash, which could be bad for Yuuta and co since they are completely in the dark and don't think too much about strategy. Yuta is the only of the trio who does anything in battle and he mostly thinks about his crush on Rikka outside of it. In the long run they are gonna win anyway, but still. Maybe Akane can get another win before then. The earlier win might have been more impressive if her changing and adapting had been followed before, at least for me.

Last edited by drawr; 2018-11-06 at 11:36.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 11:42   Link #298
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Seems like Akane is becoming a little smarter and less rash, which could be bad for Yuuta and co since they are completely in the dark and don't think too much about strategy. Yuta is the only of the trio who does anything in battle and he mostly thinks about his crush on Rikka outside of it. In the long run they are gonna win anyway, but still. Maybe Akane can get another win before then.
Smarter and less rash? She just went up to Yuta and straight up asked him if his troubles had to with transforming. He had no time to think about it yet, but once he cools down he'll realize that was a really odd thing to say. If he shares that with Max, they'll probably figure out her identity, or at the very least strongly suspect her of being related to the kaiju appearing.
Old 2018-11-06, 14:00   Link #299
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Is that what the MC forgot? That he impregnated her?
I guess that's one effective way to dodge responsibility.
Old 2018-11-06, 17:59   Link #300
Frontier

I got a chuckle out of Borr complaining about not being able to use his drills at all during the fight, aside from as cannons in Buster Gridman. The Opening shows that Buster Gridman can be more mobile although just from the episode alone it looks like more of a range-type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Most likely this series does take place in the digital world does that mean that most of characters are fake as well? It would be quite the twist if Rikka and the glasses guy aren't real.
Maybe they're consciousness is all in the virtual world, even if they aren't physically?

It would also mean the people Akane killed might not actually be dead, assuming this isn't something like SAO where if you die in the game you die in real life .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
i think they really need to make Junk portable, hauling the damn entire thing is a chore.
Don't forget about poor Gridman having no idea where they were .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Despite how she treats him, Anti still cares about her. Maybe Akane will learn to treat her pets better, I'm not holding my breath though.
Considering Akane created him, I would've been more surprised if he didn't feel any kind of loyalty to her, but it does prove that there's more to him then just "destroy Gridman" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Vol 1 Bluray cover

Looks like the covers are going to showcase Gridman's forms .
Quote:

I'd say Akane is definitely one of the female leads with the amount of screentime and focus she gets, even if she's more of an antagonist then a Heroine.

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya