AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-06-11, 22:00   Link #281
breno.m.fis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamaki Izayoi View Post
Lizel must be a good student too so I think she could help him, or maybe even Geld or Ruki since their grades are amazing. Regarding Stella, I think it's inevitable that they'll have to fight each other at some point, but only when Yuuto gets stronger and learns a couple more tricks from his arcana.

I can see how him being dense can be kind of frustrating, he personally is my least favorite MC between all of Kuji Masamune's series so far but well, I know he will stop being dense sooner or later, same thing happened to Kizuna, Yuuto's road to that is just going slower than Kizuna's.
I don't think he was being dense. Neith was talking primarily to Lizel and Miyabi and objectively she was scolding them. I particularly think it would be an exaggeration that he links her words with any romantic feeling at that point, the girls could have noticed the highly abnormal situation, but not Yuuto, he doesn't know Neith well enough for that.

I have seen Yuuto as a very perseptive young man even. He has proven himself to be able to read the emotions and personalities of the girls with whom he has the most contact, as well as the danger signs represented by other individuals just by coming close to them.

Please guys, don't lose track of what you can reasonably expect from the characters, they don't have a vision of their world that we readers have.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 18:07   Link #282
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He doesn't seem to notice that Lizel, Miyabi and Reina love him. That's being dense. He's clever at other times, but when it comes to anything to do with romance he's not. Just like your usual harem MC.

Anyway. I managed to finish reading all of Volume 3.

Yuuto's idea to use Aspite's World Revision to help them save Reina was pretty good.

Lost is really mysterious and dangerous. And I don't get what he meant by him and Yuuto being rebels (what he said when they met in the electronics store at the mall in the Epilogue). And I really hope Yuuto doesnt end up trusting him because that'd be a bad idea, since the Lovers Arcana warned him about him and advised retreat.
Old 2020-06-13, 20:40   Link #283
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Lost is really mysterious and dangerous. And I don't get what he meant by him and Yuuto being rebels (what he said when they met in the electronics store at the mall in the Epilogue). And I really hope Yuuto doesnt end up trusting him because that'd be a bad idea, since the Lovers Arcana warned him about him and advised retreat.
Most likely, Lost is human, just like Yuuto. Stella thinks that he isn't like other devils, he isn't a student at the school, no one knows anything about him, it all adds up.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 22:56   Link #284
breno.m.fis

Quote:
He doesn't seem to notice that Lizel, Miyabi and Reina love him. That's being dense. He's clever at other times, but when it comes to anything to do with romance he's not. Just like your usual harem MC.

Anyway. I managed to finish reading all of Volume 3.

Yuuto's idea to use Aspite's World Revision to help them save Reina was pretty good.

No, I still think that you are exaggerating the dense parameters. I would particularly find it very unnatural that an ordinary civilian who was thrown into a deadly war by the demons' throne and having to give his all to learn magic and keep his group alive, all within a few weeks, would jump straight into romantic relationships with his cards, which he knows for a few weeks.

Seeing that he does not directly deny the girls' emotions or even romance and that he is quite attracted to them, it is a sign that he is not so dense. It is too early to classify it as dense, we must give Yuuto the benefit of the doubt.
Old 2020-06-14, 11:05   Link #285
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
No, I still think that you are exaggerating the dense parameters. I would particularly find it very unnatural that an ordinary civilian who was thrown into a deadly war by the demons' throne and having to give his all to learn magic and keep his group alive, all within a few weeks, would jump straight into romantic relationships with his cards, which he knows for a few weeks.

Seeing that he does not directly deny the girls' emotions or even romance and that he is quite attracted to them, it is a sign that he is not so dense. It is too early to classify it as dense, we must give Yuuto the benefit of the doubt.
I'm not saying he should throw himself into a romantic relationship with his Cards right from the beginning. I'm just saying I don't like him not noticing their feelings for him. That's what I mean by dense. Him being attracted to them doesn't make him not dense because that has nothing to do with the girls' own feelings for him. It seems you don't really understand what I mean by saying he's dense. I'm just saying he doesn't realize that Lizel, Miyabi, Reina and Neith are in love with him and that I don't like that. That's all.

@Endscape: That's possible, yeah. But it's also possible that he's the Death Arcana personified. Yuuto's human and yet he enrolled at the school, so we can't really use Lost not being a student at the academy to say that he's definitely a human. We certainly can use the fact that he isn't a noble, though.
Old 2020-06-14, 12:59   Link #286
breno.m.fis

Quote:
I'm not saying he should throw himself into a romantic relationship with his Cards right from the beginning. I'm just saying I don't like him not noticing their feelings for him. That's what I mean by dense. Him being attracted to them doesn't make him not dense because that has nothing to do with the girls' own feelings for him. It seems you don't really understand what I mean by saying he's dense. I'm just saying he doesn't realize that Lizel, Miyabi, Reina and Neith are in love with him and that I don't like that. That's all.

@Endscape: That's possible, yeah. But it's also possible that he's the Death Arcana personified. Yuuto's human and yet he enrolled at the school, so we can't really use Lost not being a student at the academy to say that he's definitely a human. We certainly can use the fact that he isn't a noble, though.
I fully understand what you mean by dense and you are right to say that he is attracted to girls does not mean that he is not dense. Yuuto may well end up being a "dense" character.

What I am saying is that in terms of history it is still too early to classify him that way, as far as I can see from history the interactions between Yuuto and the girls are only now taking on a deeper tone and cannot yet lead to the conclusion that Yuuto is oblivious or even dismissive of the girls' feelings, even because the occasions where romantic feelings were clearly shown (in the case of Miyabi) were outside Yuuto's presence or in a situation where it was perfectly reasonable that his concentration was on another matter .

I just tell you to take a little more time before taking any conclusions, the MCs are not necessarily born Casanovas with years of experience to notice these things right away.
Old 2020-06-15, 12:50   Link #287
DragonOsman
Dragon King

There were also scenes were I thought Yuuto should've noticed Lizel or Miyabi's feelings. I can just chalk it up to him not being experienced enough at love, but it's still annoying.
Old 2020-06-25, 19:55   Link #288
SirCopert

I just finished reading volume 3 and I start by saying that Yuto's mother is a very good milf, I hope to see more of her fanservice in the future. Closed this parenthesis, I am happy to know that Neight has romantic feelings for Yuto, and considering Stella's POV it is only a matter of time that she falls in love too. While Lost is really ambiguous, he could be a human too, or the personification of the major arcana of Death or a Yuto of an alternative universe but perhaps they are none of the three options.
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 09:11   Link #289
Disdanny
Izanagi

How far does Mc go with the girls? or is this just another Highschool DxD?
Disdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 10:39   Link #290
SirCopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disdanny View Post
How far does Mc go with the girls? or is this just another Highschool DxD?
Roughly in the first half of DxD, the mc runs away from the girls like the typical beta, fortunately Kuji did not take example from Ishibumi on Maou Gakuen no Hangyakusha, for now he has only made preliminaries with his harem, but surely in the future there will be sex scenes
Old 2020-06-26, 18:55   Link #291
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@SirCopert and @Disdanny: Starting from Volume 10 of DxD, Ise confesses to Rias and starts dating her, and starting from Volume 22 he starts proposing to the girls in the harem (starting from Rias and Akeno in Volume 22). He only seemed dense because of a trauma caused by Raynare. Her ridiculing him and rejecting him when he tried to call her name made him afraid of getting closer to the girls, and her killing him made him afraid that the girls might kill him. It was cured in Volume 10.

And the publisher is the one keeping Ise from having sex. It's not even the author's fault. But we know from EX, where some of Ise's children from the future appear, that he will have sex with his harem in the future and have kids with them.

And this series is Borderline H while DxD and Shin (the immediate sequel to DxD which ended with Volume 25 because Ishi wanted to reset the Volume count for new readers--it continues from where Volume 25 left off and continues the same story arc) aren't. Of course for this series it's expected for there to be actual sex shown. But I think it'll be near the end, like maybe before the final battle, like with Shinmai and Magika (both Borderline H series where there was foreplay without penetration throughout the series and then the real thing before the final battle).

And @SirCopert: Ise doesn't run away from them. I wouldn't call it running away. He tries to live up to it when they say they want to do it. He just gets cockblocked (only time he didn't was in Volume 7 when he refused to do it with Akeno to protect her because he understood that if he did it he'd be hurting her since she was forcing herself out of desperation). And he still is, since the publisher doesn't want him to get laid within the series.

I agree with you about Stella. It does seem like she'll fall for Yuuto at some point in the future. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm just worried about what that'd mean for her Demon King candidacy. Wouldn't they be like Romeo and Juliet? Lovers while being enemies.

I'm not sure about Lost, but I like the theories I read about him. We'll see.
Old 2020-06-26, 19:21   Link #292
SirCopert

Quote:
@SirCopert and @Disdanny: Starting from Volume 10 of DxD, Ise confesses to Rias and starts dating her, and starting from Volume 22 he starts proposing to the girls in the harem (starting from Rias and Akeno in Volume 22). He only seemed dense because of a trauma caused by Raynare. Her ridiculing him and rejecting him when he tried to call her name made him afraid of getting closer to the girls, and her killing him made him afraid that the girls might kill him. It was cured in Volume 10.

And the publisher is the one keeping Ise from having sex. It's not even the author's fault. But we know from EX, where some of Ise's children from the future appear, that he will have sex with his harem in the future and have kids with them.

And this series is Borderline H while DxD and Shin (the immediate sequel to DxD which ended with Volume 25 because Ishi wanted to reset the Volume count for new readers--it continues from where Volume 25 left off and continues the same story arc) aren't. Of course for this series it's expected for there to be actual sex shown. But I think it'll be near the end, like maybe before the final battle, like with Shinmai and Magika (both Borderline H series where there was foreplay without penetration throughout the series and then the real thing before the final battle).

And @SirCopert: Ise doesn't run away from them. I wouldn't call it running away. He tries to live up to it when they say they want to do it. He just gets cockblocked (only time he didn't was in Volume 7 when he refused to do it with Akeno to protect her because he understood that if he did it he'd be hurting her since she was forcing herself out of desperation). And he still is, since the publisher doesn't want him to get laid within the series.

I agree with you about Stella. It does seem like she'll fall for Yuuto at some point in the future. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm just worried about what that'd mean for her Demon King candidacy. Wouldn't they be like Romeo and Juliet? Lovers while being enemies.

The user above mentioned DxD to make the comparison and I told him the difference between the two. And why doesn't the editor want to do sex scenes?
Returning to Maou on Lost we know very little, we know that he is a "rebel" of the academy together with Yuuto and that he is immortal thanks to his power. I think both he and Triumph will be a huge obstacle for Yuuto.
Old 2020-06-26, 19:35   Link #293
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's not the editor who decides these things. It's the publisher. The editor only follows the publisher's rules. And the reason why sex isn't allowed is, like I already said: Because DxD and Shin aren't Borderline H or hentai series. Did you know that Ishi originally wanted Ise to get Balance Breaker by sucking Rias' boobs? The publisher was the one who made him change it to poking. Ise might get laid near or at the end of Shin. But even then, it most likely won't be explicitly shown since DxD/Shin isn't that kind of series.

Ishi also said in an Afterword that if he had been given free reign, he would've turned DxD into a hentai. He said this in the Afterword for the Volume that Ise got Balance Breaker by poking Rias' boobs in, IIRC.

Back to Maou; we don't even know what Lost meant by "rebel", do we? And we also don't know for sure if he's even a devil. He at least isn't a noble or even a student at the academy. Yuuto on the other hand is a student at the academy.

I know about him being immortal thanks to his power. What I meant that I don't get is about "who" or "what" he is. I like the theories I see, though. One says he's the Death Arcana itself. Another says he's a human. And today I saw one saying that he's Yuuto from another world (this one think is unlikely).
Old 2020-06-26, 20:19   Link #294
SirCopert

They can put them implicitly, without descending into the ears or borderline H.
I know it is unlikely, I wrote it that he was Yuuto from another world only for the mystery that surrounds him and the very similar character design.
Old 2020-06-26, 22:05   Link #295
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
I personally doubt Lost is a human like Yuuto. I would bet on him being half-human half-devil though.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-27, 09:27   Link #296
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@SirCopert: Yeah, I'm hoping they let Ishi have Ise get laid off screen (implied sex). That too will likely only happen near or at the end though which is sad.

@Ophis: On Bakapervert's blog, someone said that Yuuto himself might be half human/half devil. My reply was that for that to happen, Yuuto would need to have an atavism (a distant ancestor having to be a devil whose genes are active in Yuuto). But this doesn't seem to be the case, does it? Lost being a devil/human hybrid seems likelier, but we'll see.
Old 2020-06-27, 09:43   Link #297
SirCopert

I doubt Yuuto is a hybrid, and if he were, I think it would take away the charm and mystery of the protagonist
Old 2020-06-27, 10:45   Link #298
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think so too. But like I said it seems unlikely.
Old 2020-06-27, 15:12   Link #299
Disdanny
Izanagi

Quote:

I got it thanks. So far it feels like another DxD story to me lol but this time the Mc is going to be the demon king.
Disdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 09:00   Link #300
SirCopert

I wouldn't call it another DxD, except for the setting of the master-servant relationship, the fanservice of the drunk milf and wanting to enlarge the protagonist's house, the story is quite different. Then said in all sincerity, if we are to compare personality, etc. of Rias to that of Lizel, I find that Lizel is superior

Tags
action, arcana, axed, bakapervert, demons, ecchi., fake harem, harem, hentai artist, nbr imouto, romance, supernatural