AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-07, 17:59   Link #281
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
I would like a continuation from Hime too, but for the most part like Keroko said, the story has been closed. The HiME star, the very star that gave them their powers in the first place would bring calamity to the earth when it descended every 300 years. The himes had to fight one another, killing each other's child thus in tun killing each other's important person. They had to do this untill one hime was left. Then the remaining hime would wed the obsidian lord and become the center of the obsidian palace, thus taming the power of the HiME star and sending it back untill 300 years have passed and the cycle began again. This cycle was brought about by the obsidian lord and when Mai and the others destroyed him and the star, they broke the cycle completely, saving both the world and their important people. Now they no longer have to suffer the fate of the carnival nor do future generations. There is the Sears foundation, but one can easily assume that now that the HiME star is gone, they have no use for Fuuka or the girls. You see, everything has been resolved for the most part in Mai-Hime. There is nothing left for the girls to deal with. Nagi just said that the future was uncertain because usually winning the carnival brought prosperity for Japan, but Mashiro said that the girls can make their own good future. So yeah the story has been resolved and unlike otome there is not much to make a sequel from, only a prequel. The girls powers are gone because the HiME star is gone so they are just normal girls. Don't get me wrong, A direct sequel from Hime would be pretty cool. But like Keroko said, they have to be very careful on how they reintroduce the girls powers and everything.
You're absolutely right on the money on that one. But I still think their battles are not over yet by a long shot, they are still new threats coming to Fuuka and Japan. Even though I think is that Japanese government knows about OL and blames on those who started and going after them even Nagi left, but they'll go after these cronies like Ishigami and Sakomizu possibly Reito and anyone that's from District One and the only that will be keeping is Iwasuka Pharmesuiticals owned by Japanese companies and government. I see alot of potential to keep in it's track that even I think it's acceptable to continue it no matter what. I love Mai HiME, I love it to death. Plus Mashiro said that they'll future would lead them not leading for another carnivals, create a new age for Materializers and Childs for them and to everyone, still more evil is around this world as I see it.
Old 2009-10-10, 14:52   Link #282
Highman

Ladies and Gentlemen: More news on Mai HiME!

Went to the website on HiME/Otome: Take a good look on the character interviews:

Spoiler for Mai HiME Blu-ray Interviews:

Thank you Planet Warriors with the scans man!

Giggity,giggity,goo! Mai HiME sequel trilogy begins.

Here's the RAW interview

http://www.my-zhime.net/hime_comment/index.html
Old 2009-10-10, 15:41   Link #283
AnimeGeek49

I am now confused, I know that Mai HiME is coming out on Blu-ray but is there going to be a sequel... or am I just being hopeful.

Mai HiME isn't as closed of as you think. For example, there were over a hundred other valkyries apart from Alyssa and Searrs probably created more after her. Also, in Otome there is a fake star which may represent the HiME star, perhaps this is what gives the HiME their power once again.

There were so many characters not properly looked into such as Yukino, Haruka and even Shizuru. As I have said before, there are some really interesting ideas. A link to Otome itself would please quite a few fans of both series and opens up even more possiblities.

There is so much more you can do with Mai HiME. I mean if you ran a buisness capable of picking the next US president would you turn away from a project that could wipe out an army equiped with advanced weapons and sink one of the most advanced fleets in the world.

It was only the first district wiped out by Shizuru not Searrs or it's backers. I'm sure it's been said that we have yet to see the reactions to the carnival in depth yet. You can not simply 'apologize' for mass murder and attempted murder. There were so many feelings in the Carnival that would be interesting to explore. Add the HiME's fighting searrs or even a new enemy and you have a second series.
Old 2009-10-10, 16:20   Link #284
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGeek49 View Post
I am now confused, I know that Mai HiME is coming out on Blu-ray but is there going to be a sequel... or am I just being hopeful.

Mai HiME isn't as closed of as you think. For example, there were over a hundred other valkyries apart from Alyssa and Searrs probably created more after her. Also, in Otome there is a fake star which may represent the HiME star, perhaps this is what gives the HiME their power once again.

There were so many characters not properly looked into such as Yukino, Haruka and even Shizuru. As I have said before, there are some really interesting ideas. A link to Otome itself would please quite a few fans of both series and opens up even more possiblities.

There is so much more you can do with Mai HiME. I mean if you ran a buisness capable of picking the next US president would you turn away from a project that could wipe out an army equiped with advanced weapons and sink one of the most advanced fleets in the world.

It was only the first district wiped out by Shizuru not Searrs or it's backers. I'm sure it's been said that we have yet to see the reactions to the carnival in depth yet. You can not simply 'apologize' for mass murder and attempted murder. There were so many feelings in the Carnival that would be interesting to explore. Add the HiME's fighting searrs or even a new enemy and you have a second series.
Well If you read the interviews web they are making a HiME movie and possible a sequel continuation as well. So both of these are highly possible and yes all the returning VA's will come back. Already a link to Otome would be give us no explaination about it as well. Besides it's getting nowhere on that link and explore more on their behaviors and such that would be worth something to see. I rather have a new enemy than SEARRS! So absolutely a sequel and a movie has confirmed as the VA told!

Last edited by Highman; 2009-10-10 at 16:52.
Old 2009-10-10, 17:10   Link #285
Sakuya
*Artist

Please stop spreading false speculations. The "new anime" they're talking about is just the special new material included in the My-HiME Bluray boxset coming out on 1/27/2010. The way the title is written really wants to make you believe that it's a whole new series but it's not because it's labeled "My-HiME COMPLETE's Video Extra".

Anyway, the extra is titled "Kuro no Mai/Saigo no Bansan" which means "Black Dance/The Last Dinner". Most of the actresses mentioned there are lots of swimsuits in this so that further confirms it's the special footage which you could get a glimpse of in the promo clip.

Nowhere was it stated there will be another series or movie. Natsuki's actress, Chiba Saeko, mentioned that she's wishing for fans' support for a movie.
Old 2009-10-10, 19:54   Link #286
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
So they are considering a movie?
Old 2009-10-10, 20:17   Link #287
Highman

Apparent I'm right on the money, so probably would agree on this one and I'm not being stupid on it, Well this absolutely a confirmation on what my source and seiyuu say as well. Already I'm backing up on what they say.
Old 2009-10-10, 20:55   Link #288
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
So they are considering a movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Apparent I'm right on the money, so probably would agree on this one and I'm not being stupid on it, Well this absolutely a confirmation on what my source and seiyuu say as well. Already I'm backing up on what they say.
No, they are NOT considering a movie as far as what their website says. This was just Chiba Saeko's thoughts just like ours. The final say comes down to the producers/directors and as to what their reactions are, who knows.

So, there is NO confirmation or written consideration to a movie or a new series right now. u_u" Please stop spreading rumors by saying something is confirmed when it hasn't been mentioned.
Old 2009-10-10, 21:31   Link #289
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
No, they are NOT considering a movie as far as what their website says. This was just Chiba Saeko's thoughts just like ours. The final say comes down to the producers/directors and as to what their reactions are, who knows.

So, there is NO confirmation or written consideration to a movie or a new series right now. u_u" Please stop spreading rumors by saying something is confirmed when it hasn't been mentioned.
Well we should take or not what Saeko Chiba said, it could be possible on what she said, but it's possible and I'm keeping what I said and that's final, I just got this from planetwarrior, he's better translator than you think, we could discuss this on PM, If possible. But well wait in couple of weeks to see what they say.
Old 2009-10-10, 22:17   Link #290
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Well we should take or not what Saeko Chiba said, it could be possible on what she said, but it's possible and I'm keeping what I said and that's final, I just got this from planetwarrior, he's better translator than you think, we could discuss this on PM, If possible. But well wait in couple of weeks to see what they say.
Yes, there are lots of possibilities. It's just that there has been no mention about new series or movies planned right now.
Old 2009-10-10, 22:33   Link #291
planetwarrior

Well, the thing is, spreading out rumours can be also a hint, it's like foreshadowing, ppl may or may never know about it fully, but it's just to keep in mind about it.

So yeah, they've been touching the franchise for Blu-ray release, and other stuffs they have. Sunrise just won't tell anyone about their sequel in Big Bang Project yet, it's just that they don't want to hype up the fans for this year, but maybe next year that might come around for them. The Blu-ray release might coincide with maybe of the sequel teaser or other Mai-___ anime teaser for that.

That's how it should be as a rumours, speculations, and hints.
Old 2009-10-11, 04:56   Link #292
Chuongfantasy

THe thing is It's not Sunrise that's spreading the rumour, it's just some guy who is doing it coz he want to see another series of HiME. I mean did you look at his posts, he act like he's the writer of the series or something.
Old 2009-10-11, 07:08   Link #293
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuongfantasy View Post
THe thing is It's not Sunrise that's spreading the rumour, it's just some guy who is doing it coz he want to see another series of HiME. I mean did you look at his posts, he act like he's the writer of the series or something.
I admit, I was too foolish on my actions, but this is for real now but I'm keeping what it is, I don't why I'm keeping it seriously but it was stupid on posting on and the fact is I take real seriously, now I know it is true, we don't know what the Sunrise writers and producers do from now and I just feel like doing that worth stupid, but Saeko Chiba (Natsuki seiyu) knows what she talking about and I'm really think we could get something good out of this.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:22   Link #294
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

All Saeko is talking about is that she wants a movie, not that she has a script prepped and ready to launch. She's a seiyuu, not a scenario writer.
Old 2009-10-11, 14:11   Link #295
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
All Saeko is talking about is that she wants a movie, not that she has a script prepped and ready to launch. She's a seiyuu, not a scenario writer.
I understand that completely on what she said and it's possible for that happened, I still hoping we may get HiME sequel trilogy till the end. But I'm not hoping too much anyway.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:14   Link #296
Chuongfantasy

They won't make a HiME movie.

The series doesn't have a big enough fanbase for a movie.

They wouldn't be wasting that much money for a bigass movie when they make 10x the amount for an OVA series.

All 3 sifr DVD sold around 80k, (each sold around 25k) each DVD cost $50-$60. So it means that Sunrise made around 4-6 millions dollars on JUST 3 episodes of sifr. I doubt they'll be able to make that much moneys on a movie with just the fanbase of 25k people coz the movie tickets price is only around $10. That mean that the movie will gross an estimate of $250,000 in theatre if it is being made.
Old 2009-10-12, 05:30   Link #297
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuongfantasy View Post
They won't make a HiME movie.

The series doesn't have a big enough fanbase for a movie.

They wouldn't be wasting that much money for a bigass movie when they make 10x the amount for an OVA series.

All 3 sifr DVD sold around 80k, (each sold around 25k) each DVD cost $50-$60. So it means that Sunrise made around 4-6 millions dollars on JUST 3 episodes of sifr. I doubt they'll be able to make that much moneys on a movie with just the fanbase of 25k people coz the movie tickets price is only around $10. That mean that the movie will gross an estimate of $250,000 in theatre if it is being made.
Well I wouldn't agree on it, the fanbase has to continue even though it sucks they could still good money while it lasts and hoping that HiME sequel trilogy comes also. But seriously I think they will do an movie by next year.
Old 2009-10-13, 18:36   Link #298
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
I'm sorry...

As much ask I'm a fan of the Mai-Franchise, I have to agree with Chuongfantasy...

The series (HiME and Otome) is awesome as a whole but I don't think Sunrise would be making a movie. But I'm not bringing your hopes down, Highman. I too would like to see a movie but I don't think it will happen.
Old 2009-10-13, 23:24   Link #299
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
I'm sorry...

As much ask I'm a fan of the Mai-Franchise, I have to agree with Chuongfantasy...

The series (HiME and Otome) is awesome as a whole but I don't think Sunrise would be making a movie. But I'm not bringing your hopes down, Highman. I too would like to see a movie but I don't think it will happen.
Hey I wouldn't care what Choung says, but I still believe it's possible to happen, It matter what Sunrise needs to get what the people want and give it to them. I'm sure that Obara-san and Hisayuki-san or probably great writers are chatting up a new series or sequel and movie as we speak. Wanting to give up is like, throwing a part of something away but you know what I mean Mai Tokiha. (Not addicted to the series.) But still it already worked for Trigun movie and Fate/Stay Night (UBW) movie so seriously I wouldn't count on it. But never give until the fight is won, Mai Tokiha. All of this, is gonna happen because the huge fanbase and alot of things that kept the franchise afloat. It doesn't matter about the money and stuff, it's about getting what the fans want (again) and story wise provisions. So I wont give up and neither do you Tokiha, don't let your dreams come to waste on this. Sure Sunrise will make the right thing.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:02   Link #300
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
We cannot be so confident that Sunrise WILL come up with something related to the franchise in future. Until an actual announcement from Sunrise comes out then I would get excited ^_^
Closed Thread