Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-07, 20:08   Link #281
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

"All writers and television show producers are hopeless drama llamas"

Yeah, they proved that one quite well. XD

and incorrupts, unfortunately, I think we already wore out that one back on Lelouch's thread. DD:
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 21:01   Link #282
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
So --- Diethard was loltastic and the best author-avatar ever, yes/no?
He started off interesting but after a while he just got derailed into an idiot who was basically really gay for Lelouch.

As for him being an Author Avatar, if his the Author Avatar for Okouchi, and Ougi is the author avatar for Taniguchi than I feel sorry for the rest of the staff.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 21:09   Link #283
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

He always had a hard-on for Zero. And he was never all that smart. XD
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 22:00   Link #284
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
He always had a hard-on for Zero. And he was never all that smart. XD
He saw through Lelouch killing the JLF, so he was originally pretty smart. He just got derailed into a complete moron.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 22:02   Link #285
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
When Lelouch praises Diethard's efforts, the way his face lit up like that, it was the gayest thing I've seen in CG. And considering this is a series with characters designed by CLAMP... that says a lot.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:17   Link #286
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
It seems like Diethard getrs an orgasm from doing things for Zero but seriously I wish they expanded on him instead of being just another Zero fanboy or possible CLAMP style pairing DiethardxLelouch. Now that is a scary thought.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:47   Link #287
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
pairing DiethardxLelouch
Spoiler for Diethard sez:
Old 2009-07-08, 00:52   Link #288
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Anyway Diethard doesn't love Lelouch, he loves Zero. So it's more like Nina/Table-kun... Diethard/Zero's Mask. =o
Old 2009-07-08, 00:55   Link #289
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Anyway Diethard doesn't love Lelouch, he loves Zero. So it's more like Nina/Table-kun... Diethard/Zero's Mask. =o
I never really understood Diethard's deal completely. I might be the only to think so but I found his character at the final stretch of R2 to be awkwardly written/portrayed.

But meh
Old 2009-07-08, 00:58   Link #290
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

You aren't alone in thinking that. He was one of the several characters that received poor writing and some measure of character derailment in R2.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:05   Link #291
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I never really understood Diethard's deal completely. I might be the only to think so but I found his character at the final stretch of R2 to be awkwardly written/portrayed.

But meh
I never understood exactly why Diethard joined up with Schneizel at the end. But then again so did pretty much everyone else, so...
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 01:08   Link #292
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I never understood exactly why Diethard joined up with Schneizel at the end. But then again so did pretty much everyone else, so...
Yeah especially since Schne was so boring compared to Zero/Lelouch. I thought Diethard was all about the dramatics.

But then again he did get riled up when Schneizel started talking about being God.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:09   Link #293
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The whole everyone siding with Schneizel thing was massive character derailment on pretty much everyone's part. It remains the biggest wallbanger of R2 to this day.

I'd really like to know just what in their minds had to break for them to think Schneizel is somehow less evil than Lelouch despite having used FLEIA on Pendragon and killing two hundred million people.

Last time I checked, Lelouch's body count was nowhere near that high, even if you blame Lelouch for Suzaku's use of FLEIA due to his "live on" Geass command. And this is really Schneizel and Nina's fault, since who the hell mounts a strategic weapon of terror on a tactical unit like a Knightmare?

Even Lloyd tried to call Nina out on it, but she was too psycho-lesbian-stalker-rageing over Euphie's death to notice.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:11   Link #294
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Yeah especially since Schne was so boring compared to Zero/Lelouch. I thought Diethard was all about the dramatics.

But then again he did get riled up when Schneizel started talking about being God.
I guess the rebels are always more exciting. The people in power are just...meh. I guess
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 01:14   Link #295
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Aside from collective stupidity, Schneizel hadn't really done anything outwardly evil. Callous, sure, but Suzaku deployed FLEIJA at his discretion (at least that's how I'd spin it) and he's on Lelouch's side, so Schneizel's pretty distant from any sort of blame. Xingke at least made a point of noting FLEIJA is bad, but they were desperate for allies and Schneizel looked pretty good. Of course, they pretty much instantly fuck that up by not letting him use the only resource he had and getting all put off when he started spamming the nukes anyway, so they deserve what they got. Plus it should be noted that Ohgi is sitting around in a position of power he's nowhere near competent enough to be in, so by definition you're going to have a serious lapse in judgment.
Old 2011-01-24, 05:17   Link #296
TheBlueWizard
wanna be graphics designr

I was just wondering what Lelouche meant when he said 'Charles sought the past, You seek the present, and i seek the future!' how do Lelouche's ideas on world peace differ to Schneizels? anybody know what he meant by 'I seek the future'?
TheBlueWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 07:19   Link #297
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueWizard View Post
I was just wondering what Lelouche meant when he said 'Charles sought the past, You seek the present, and i seek the future!' how do Lelouche's ideas on world peace differ to Schneizels? anybody know what he meant by 'I seek the future'?
Schneizel's idea was basically "if you leave people to themselves, they will only keep fighting and make things worse", which is what the damocles was suppose to prevent.
by actively inforcing his view of peace, he would not leave it to people to decide their own future, but rather maintain the status quo by force.

Lelouch's idea was basically "if you leave people to themselves, they will always keep struggling for a better future" which is why, in theory" zero requiem was about erasing the hate that results from a decade long war (started by his father) and focusing it on himself.
that way, the world can move on and people would make a better future.

personally, i think Lelouch is delusional, buy nevermind.
Old 2011-01-24, 17:41   Link #298
azul120

You mean, Lelouch during the Zero Requiem, the one who would use such contradictory means well beyond anything he did earlier. Which, for the record, wouldn't have happened if not for the betrayal pushing him over the edge.

The show itself was warped in terms of aesops. It's decreed that Lelouch must pay for what he's done, even if some of his foibles were attributed to bad luck, by acting like the world's biggest monster and dying (he'd be more useful alive than dead anyways), and yet it's okay, for instance, for a waste like Villetta to do anything for happiness at the expense of others, including Lelouch himself, and still come out with one of the happiest endings, even though she never really suffers that much. Truly she is The Fool, in addition to one of the biggest Karma Houdinis.

Last edited by azul120; 2011-01-24 at 17:55.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 18:25   Link #299
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
my main objection is that deciding "I know whats best for all mankind" is arrogant beyond belief even at the best of times.
granted, Lelouch normally IS arrogant enough to believe this, but at THAT point in the plot, it makes no sense for him to still feel that way.
Lelouch decides on Z-R after.
1)losing the one person he cared about and wanted to protect most of all, due to his own actions.
2)losing all of his followers because they have been exposed to his past actions, and as a direct result of his decision to keep secrets from them.
3)most importantly, discovering that EVERYTHING he believed he knew about the world, was one giant lie.
that all the blood spilt by his misguided quest for revenge, has been spilt in vain.
Euphie, Sheirly, Nunnaly, Rolo, all of them died because of him, and in the end, all of them died for nothing.
all of his actions, and all of his plans, for the past 8 years, have been based on completely mistaken beliefs, and in the end, all of it amounted to little more then noise.

how the fuck, does he still posses the arrogance required to still believe that he "knows best" after that ?
how does a guy who just discovers that he was wrong about EVERYTHING, still believe he knows whats best, not just for himself, but for the entire human race ?
Old 2011-01-24, 18:35   Link #300
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Code Geass presents viewers with a wide range of philosophically interesting themes and troupes, ranging from the situations of individual characters to overall trends in the plot to outright questions posed to the viewers themselves.

This thread is for the discussion of those elements, including but not limited to:
-Immortality
-Evolution
-War
-Order vs. Chaos, Dominion vs. Freedom
-What is Evil? What is Justice? And who decides?
-Ashford Academy: What is the role of Ashford in the middle of a world war, and what responsibility does the school have to Japan? To Britannia?
-The World of C: What exactly is the responsibility of the living to the dead? What about the dead to the living?
-The Power of the King: are those with power doomed to be lonely? Will involving yourself in the world only lead to your own destruction, no matter which side you choose?
-The Role of Fate: Were the events of Code Geass inevitable? Lelouch’s Rebellion? The destruction of the Specially Administrated District of Japan? The end of Lelouch and Suzaku’s friendship?
-Memories: Nature vs. Nurture? Is it inevitable for the characters who suffer amnesia to repeat their actions even if they no longer know why? Does it depend on the character?
-Zero: Does hiding your ‘true self’ help or hurt you? Are Suzaku and Kallen better off now that they’ve lost their ‘masks’? Does it benefit Lelouch to continue to hide his identity as the leader of the Black Rebellion from his family and friends?

For a more in-depth discussion of the issues of morality in Code Geass, please use the Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means? thread.
um, dunno. lets say that i can take any harem and discuss the same questions in relation to it. code geass has as much philosophy as that any harem. if i want phylosophy i'll read tao te ching, shri ramana maharashi, kant. i will watch geass cause it kicks ass...
bladeofdarkness
...laws of anime. u can't question them, u can only respect or hate them. lelouch is one big fool, but hey...it was fun watching him play all those mind games. i still don't get what that scene in the last ep of season 2 with lelouch riding with CC was all about.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote