AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 25 37.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 17.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-10, 22:20   Link #281
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Also, Nagi knew that Mashiro wasn't the real princess, still seemed to disregard that fact that she was the carbon copy of the former ruler of Artai (possibly his father). As everyone else, Miyu included, who just claimed that she was just some unknown girl.
I always thought that Miyu's vague reference to Fumi's master was supposed to be a hint/foreshadowing that Mashiro was possibly descended from her. But it's so vague and since it's not too likely that they'll make more Otome with Arika/Mashiro's time (I wish they would, because I like the both of them, Mashiro especially), this probably won't ever be answered. Knowing Sunrise, Mashiro won't just be some girl picked up off the street by the minister, but whether she's Nagi's half sister or what probably won't ever be known.

Quote:
His possible brother included who, instead of gaining her trust did just everything to piss her off. Considering this, and the fact that Schwartz didn't do anything with her either, there's no evidence in Otome that Mashiro was part of the plot from the start, as Sifr seems to suggest.
Yeah, this is another inconsistency that struck me. Originally, Nagi's supposed to be romancing Mashiro so she'll marry him and he can get ahold of the sealed technology more easily, but his very first sentence to her when they meet for the first time references the one thing that Mashiro can't stand to hear: the idea that she's the fake princess.

Though, I think Sunrise intends for Nagi to be seen as a sort of being who brings chaos/disorder with him, so it's not that huge of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White night selenite

So during the raid of Windbloom, Aswad were satisfied with what they have done. "Our revenge was done successfully. Oh, the baby princess is gone, but do we really care? Schwartz are the masterminds, they will find her for sure."
I don't know...correct me if I'm wrong because I don't have access to the episodes right now, but didn't Rad and Midori, when they were telling Mashiro and Arika what happened fifteen years ago, basically state that the final straw for the alliance between Schwartz and Aswad was not Aswad killing Bruce and Sifr or losing Nina, but Schwartz stealing Rena's body? It sounded to me like the alliance before that was basically upheld, and Schwarz was the one really calling the shots between the two.

Plus, I can't see Schwartz not bloodily retaliating against Aswad for annihilating the people they most needed--they'd spent years trying to get ahold of the Harmonium, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunames
with Rena personality, she would rather died then sacrifice the life of her daughter and the princess so just so she can live.
But that's thing: Rena did sacrifice Arika's life for Nina, or intended to, at least. She's shown clearly hesitating on giving Arika away, but in the end, she hands off her own child to a lady-in-waiting who won't be able to defend her against the attackers (and in fact doesn't, because we know from Miyu that the woman died and it was sheer luck that Miyu found Arika still alive) in order to bring the princess to possible safety. Rena puts Nina's life ahead of Arika's, even though she's no longer the official Windbloom Otome.

(This, btw, is another reason I have a problem with the theory that Shiro is Arika's father + Rena's MVP, and his death caused her to lose her CHILD/her CHILD died and so did he--if love for Shiro made the immensely dutiful Rena turn her back on her masters and duty to go away with him, and he died because of this love, then why in the seven naked hells does Rena then leave the child of this great love behind to die? Apparently at that point, she's resumed the viewpoint that her masters are the most important thing, but, gee, you'd think that Rena would be a little less willing to leave the last living bit of Shiro, her great love, to die while she protects the child of the people she turned her back on so she could be together with Shiro. DOES NOT COMPUTE. AGAIN.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
On the subject of plotholes... they really don't bother me that much. I don't know why, but I guess it's because I'm so used to watching series with plotholes -cause there are many many series with plotholes. Even the so prized HiME probably has one or two I can find if I try- that I automatically either come up with an explanation or ignore them.
I wish I could be that way, but unfortunately, I'm an incredible nitpicker, and IMO, many of the inconsistencies in Otome are too giant for me to ignore.

Also, the plotholes in Otome bug me more than usual because I honestly think that if Sunrise was a little more careful with the plot, Otome could have been a good-to-great series, instead of a okay one with occasionally awesome moments and a lot of They're damned lucky I really like the characters and some of the background concepts, that's all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewtifulAlchemist
Even if Shiro brings up some issues with how Akira's father was handle in original Otome I think they wanted you to believe he ended up being the father especially with the whole "grandmother" line he said.
Well, considering that the only other plausible candidate in the series for Arika's father is Shiro's brother, all that could easily be explained by Arika taking after her uncle, not her father.
Old 2009-03-13, 11:35   Link #282
White night selenite

I also agree that Mashiro can't be just a randomely picked child. Well, some of her "random" relatives could have asked for her, and thus revealed the secret...

Also Nagi must have known this before he met her. By telling her cruelly sraight to her face, he presumably wanted to etiolate her self-confidence as a queen, so later, when they get married, she wouldn't attempt to mess up with his concept of ruling the country. If he really meant to marry her...
In the end, it seems that only goal of his plan to marry Mashiro was just an excuse to sneak straight into Windbloom and Garderobe, observing the situation, backgrounds and conditions and make up the plan for invasion.

And well... I'm not sure if this hadn't been discussed here before, but what is the best fight-scene of this show? I know, obviously it's nearly the whole third episode, but I especially liked the one when Lena was using the Lofty Crimson Jade. Her tactics against M-9 were ... surprising at that moment. I really enjoyed it. Well, it was the scene where a more cool and kicking-ass style of combat had been introduced for the first time.
And it's sad that we couldn't see Sakura in a battle... at least with some Aswad or whatever...
Old 2009-03-20, 20:51   Link #283
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
I just look at popularity poll of the series on the website and this what I called:

Spoiler for This is just:
Old 2009-05-03, 17:02   Link #284
Same_Shark

It seems there's some news about something related to Otome, PS3 & PSP.

http://www.my-zhime.net/
Old 2009-05-03, 18:21   Link #285
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
It seems there's some news about something related to Otome, PS3 & PSP.

http://www.my-zhime.net/
And it the same too for Mai-HiME as well I hope that comes to the XBOX360 soon and comes too in the states(U.S, If not than hell I'm import this sucker as soon as possible.)
Old 2009-05-04, 01:11   Link #286
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
And it the same too for Mai-HiME as well I hope that comes to the XBOX360 soon and comes too in the states(U.S, If not than hell I'm import this sucker as soon as possible.)
So, it's a game?
Old 2009-05-04, 06:36   Link #287
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
So, it's a game?
Well Definetly, It should come out later this summer as well and If it comes to the XBOX360, I'll be one happy guy. Hopes it's a fighting game instead of RPG.
Old 2009-05-19, 01:02   Link #288
Sakuya
*Artist

It was announced last week that My Otome 0 S.ifr and My Otome Zwei will be getting a Blu-ray release. All episodes will be on one disc. S.ifr will be released on 9/25/09 and Zwei on 10/27/09. And the HD masters will be used which also includes a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 mix, linear PCM also available as an alternative.

http://my-zhime.net/bdumd/index.html

UMD-Video version will also be released on the same date. What's more, they're labeling these releases as "reasonable prices". The Blu-ray will be sold at 6300 yen. The TV series is also planned for a later release. Not sure if that includes My HiME as well. But man, that TrueHD mix sounds awesome. I just wish I had an HD setup.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2009-05-19 at 15:42.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:25   Link #289
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It was announced last week that My Otome 0 S.ifr and My Otome Zwei will be getting a Blu-ray release. All episodes will be on one disc. S.ifr will be released on 9/25/09 and Zwei on 10/27/09. And the HD masters will be used which also includes a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 mix, linear PCM also available as an alternative.

http://my-zhime.net/bdumd/index.html

UMD-Video version will also be released on the same date. What's more, they're labeling these releases as "reasonable prices". The TV series is also planned for a later release. Not sure if that includes My HiME as well. But man, that TrueHD mix sounds awesome. I just wish I had an HD setup.
And I thought it's gonna be a video game as well, but still hoping.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:34   Link #290
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
And I thought it's gonna be a video game as well, but still hoping.
They need a Mai Otome Strategy RPG.

A fighting game is nice, but their last PS2 incarnation proved to be... well...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-28, 00:26   Link #291
mdauben

Sorry for the late reply to this, but I just read it and had to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Sure. And Windbloom is not a generic nation, but the country that hosts the Garderoble itself. I mean, the Garderobe Charter should have been quite poorly written if it didn't even allow the organization to protect the nation they were in.
On the contrary, it would be a poorly written charter that allowed Garderobe to defend Windbloom. While Garderobe is located in Windbloom, it was established to serve every country. Every other country is limited to a single Otome linked to the ruler. The whole point of the contracts would seek to be to limit "weapons of mass destruction" like the Otome, and force restraint on the rulers by making them have to risk their own lives in order to use their Otome for war. This levels the playing field between countries and places natural limitations on the unrestrained use of Otomes.

Allowing Garderobe to defend Windbloom gives one country an additional five Meister-level Otome (the Pillars), plus a couple dozen Coral/Pearl level students. If Garderobe was allowed to steped in like that, Windbloom would become an invincible world superpower that no other country could match.
Old 2009-05-28, 01:00   Link #292
Highman

My HiME/My Otome

Ladies and Gentlemen, Before anything continues, I would like to say that I've created a social group for My HiME/Otome fans for everyone.

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=318