AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-11, 08:29   Link #2981
Westlo
Lets be reality

The manga Mao is just awesome, same with Sakino. I'm interested in one day reading the volume for the Kimikiss girl who got completely shafted in the anime, the one who banned the frogs from being in the school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Stuff
You should probably tag that for the few people not watching both shows for some reason...

Spoiler for True Tears:

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-03-11 at 12:04.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 08:31   Link #2982
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe it was just due to the friendly conversation with Asuka. Combining at least with knowing what kinds of feelings Asuka has. Since with the outburst some episodes and her behaviour lately wouldn't be too hard to put together. Maybe she is just bothered by the feelings she is having and wanted to try and figure it out. Thus pulling away from things a little for that purpose.
that one is easy.

conversation mao + futami in sleepresort for lazy people = futami learning about people who don't know their own feelings when they are too close.

Fatumi seeing soccer manstealing nasty sl...girl being all comfertable and close with her man makes her think what if my ape likes her but doesn't even know it.
Maybe she is better for the man i love, who am i anyways am i worthy enough for my man?
Maybe i should back off and let the two be happy.

Followed by some drama and ending up together again in the end
Old 2008-03-11, 08:32   Link #2983
Lego

For those not familiar with "manga Mao" I recommend waiting until after the show or you'll get spoiled like me and Westlo did
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 08:42   Link #2984
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Can anyone care to explain me what the hell came into Futami's mind to go back being socially withdrawn again? She just like overheard Kazuki cheering up Asuka; Or is she jealous? or just questioning her own feelings or something?
What i got from it were the words that Mao said to her "when you are too close you dont notice things" I think Futami is misunderstanding and thinking maybe she was so close with Kazuki she didnt notice how friendly Kazuki and Sakino were. Futami is discovering these new feelings for the first time. She is not sure how to handle feelings of insecurity or jealousy so she becomes withdrawn. My guess is that she thinks that Kazuki has feelings for Sakino. Maybe she feels that her relationship with Kazuki is hurting Sakino. One of the reasons why i like Futami is because she is a complex character. I would like to see another talk between Futami and Sakino but Sakino helping Futami face her feelings towards Kazuki, basically a talk like Kai had with Mao.
Old 2008-03-11, 09:05   Link #2985
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Can anyone care to explain me what the hell came into Futami's mind to go back being socially withdrawn again? She just like overheard Kazuki cheering up Asuka; Or is she jealous? or just questioning her own feelings or something?
Regarding Futami, I have to agree that I disagree () with her handling of her "problems" because to me, she doesnt have any problems at all. She should be happy now, the guy she likes likes her, she is making some friends who like her for who she is...

The "problems" she thinks she has is that Asuka likes Aihara (which actually isnt a problem for her, I cant imagine myself leaving my girlfriend because someone else likes her)

I guess this could be because of the way she grew up. Firstly, she grew up alone and was pretty much a loner up till now, so she might not have any experience at all with love, and this causes her to see a problem which is actually non-existent.

Or, she could be insecure (due to the same reason of inexperience), worried that Aihara actually likes Asuka but just doesnt know it yet (due to what Mao told her), but then once again, this is not a real problem, because its a big IF. I mean, can you imagine her saying "hey Aihara, you treat me great, and I know you love me and I love you too, but I think I should end this because you might actually be in love with Asuka, and you just dont know it yet". But once again, while I personally dont think its a real problem, I can see how Futami might perceive it as a problem, since she has this big issue and fear of being left and being hurt.

Or, she could be feeling bad for Asuka, feeling bad because its like she took Aihara away from her. But once again (!), this isnt a real problem, because Asuka didnt make any outward indication that she likes Aihara, everyone is oblivious to it except the viewers, Asuka, and Futami. Futami has no reason at all to feel bad.

I cant think of any more logical reasons to describe Futami's behaviour. Maybe ill just be irrational and throw it out that Futami is just emo.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 09:46   Link #2986
Lego

Quote:
Mao said to her "when you are too close you dont notice things"
That serves a double meaning in that Mao is pretty much thinking out loud about her relationship with Kouichi(shes pretty much lamenting the fact that it turned out that way with Kouichi). That also relates to how Kouichi felt at the end of the episode. This is new to Eriko, being so open with her feelings. Before she was stone cold, uninterested and just kind of passing the days by herself. Now as we saw in 20 or 21 we saw how her feelings hit her and shes almost a totally different person with Kaz.

This is just her working out some doubts and worrying about "what happens when we eventually break up" when she should be enjoying her time with Kaz. The funny thing is how this relates to Mao and Kouichi except Kaz has liked Eriko the whole series and Asuka has been quiet except for looks and turns of the head.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-11 at 09:58.
Old 2008-03-11, 13:32   Link #2987
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Now that was a pathetic ending for EP22 >_> At least Hoshino is not a Sekai. But the whole Kouichi-thinking-at-Mao-without-thinking-at-Hoshino slowly but surely (sp?) becomes more and more painful to watch.

I also hope that Sakino gets a good ending And is it just me or does Shijou (what was her first name again? >_>) looks different every three panels?
edit: And since when is it Eri-Chan?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 13:47   Link #2988
Lego

After being gone the whole series it looks like "Student council girl" is getting a lot of screen time(if thats the same one we're talking about). A nice bonus would be some Akira x Mitsuki time
Old 2008-03-11, 13:48   Link #2989
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
edit: And since when is it Eri-Chan?
They met before, and Mao likes to call girls -chan, I guess Eriko didn't object to it, so the name stuck. Mao is that type of girl! She call Hoshin as Yuumi-chan while Kouichi still calls Yuumi as hoshino-san! Note that Kouichi still uses hoshino-san!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 13:54   Link #2990
Lego

Hey golthin, can you get a read on that Yuumi picture? To small to see(unless my eyes are wonky) her facial expression.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:01   Link #2991
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Hey golthin, can you get a read on that Yuumi picture? To small to see(unless my eyes are wonky) her facial expression.
that seems to be sad eyes. hard to guess! Basically everything YuumixKouichi is top secret now, just the fact he is thinking about Mao while walking with Yuumi is as far as they are going to let us know. She had the same eyes in 22 when she looked at kouichi after Mao left.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:02   Link #2992
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
They met before, and Mao likes to call girls -chan, I guess Eriko didn't object to it, so the name stuck. Mao is that type of girl! She call Hoshin as Yuumi-chan while Kouichi still calls Yuumi as hoshino-san! Note that Kouichi still uses hoshino-san!
Well same could be said for Yuumi as she also has not Kouichi by his name.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:04   Link #2993
Lego

True, but I agree that it's pretty much all guesswork now until the episode airs since the ending of 23 will set up 24. Kouichi cried his eyes out and now they specifically mention him thinking about Mao coupled with what we know about the last episode means that the show will finally kick itself in the ass and get moving.

While browsing around I thought of something. From the DVD solicitations there is a supposed 25th "mystery episode" right? What if they used that episode as an episode for all of the minor characters we only saw a couple times or didn't have that much impact? Mitsuki, Akira, student council girl, the teacher(she acts like a student), the girls we saw once or twice from other classes and so on. Would be nice to get them some time if they don't make it a epilogue or some in between episode.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:08   Link #2994
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Well same could be said for Yuumi as she also has not Kouichi by his name.
ACtually, yuumi is less formal than Kouichi. She calls him Sanada-kun.
Old 2008-03-11, 14:23   Link #2995
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Now that was a pathetic ending for EP22 >_> At least Hoshino is not a Sekai. But the whole Kouichi-thinking-at-Mao-without-thinking-at-Hoshino slowly but surely (sp?) becomes more and more painful to watch.
I don't think that it can be avoided with kouichi being more interesting in mao "subconciously" in the first place. Yumi seems to have also conviently removed herself out of the picture as well ~ I guess the girl can only take so much of the "cold shoulder" before getting the point
The funny thing is that both the main characters in this "relationship" seems to keep missing the point.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 14:33   Link #2996
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The funny thing is that both the main characters in this "relationship" seems to keep missing the point.
you are talking about Kouichi and yuumi?
Old 2008-03-11, 15:01   Link #2997
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I am talking about Mao and kouichi seen as yumi has become somewhat of a third wheel (even though kouichi is too nice to say it).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 15:11   Link #2998
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What Kouichi could do is, once a week he'll go get himself some nookie from Yuumi, and the rest of the week he can stay home boinking Mao, its a win win situation, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 15:20   Link #2999
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

It should be Yuumi-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Note that Kouichi still uses hoshino-san!
Thats a pretty significant observation...I don't know much about this aspect of Japanese culture, but considering they're dating, wouldn't it be normal for them to be on first name basis with each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
After being gone the whole series it looks like "Student council girl" is getting a lot of screen time.
Don't count on it...she may make an appearance but as such a minor character it's unlikely she'll get much screen time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
What Kouichi could do is, once a week he'll go get himself some nookie from Yuumi, and the rest of the week he can stay home boinking Mao, its a win win situation, lol
Did you not learn anything from School Days!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
- Childhood friends
- 3rd party love interests
- Festivals: School Festival; Town Festival
- One best friend
- Friend's love interests/conflicts
What we have here is the basic recipe for any romance/harem/high school drama, so it's isn't surprising TT and Kimikiss have that much in common.

Last edited by mikesince83; 2008-03-11 at 16:00.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 15:20   Link #3000
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Having caught up with KimiKiss up to Episode 22 now, is it just me or are there so many similar parallels to True Tears? Has anyone else gotten that feeling as well?

Spoiler for True Tears Comparison:

I might cross-post this in the True Tears forum, but I believe other viewers have come to the same or similar conclusion of both series.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:07. Reason: Added spoiler tags
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen