AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-08-09, 23:09   Link #2981
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
Finally had a free time to read vol7. And I noticed something here, Where's Re=Gun when the raid happen? Isn't He supposed in 2nd Party with Shiroe and Demi2? Or is it the different between the web ver. and the book ver.? Also, somehow I can imagine William giving speech to his guildmates using Graham Akker voice and tone (both are charismatic leader wth the same VA).
Nope, he stays in Susukino to perform research on the Transport Gates. He stays there afterwards when Shiroe, Nao, and Tetora leave to finish up his research.

It's kinda dangerous to bring a level what, 16 Lander into a dungeon where the minimum level of entry is 90
Old 2014-08-09, 23:41   Link #2982
Ayulsa

Quote:
Finally had a free time to read vol7. And I noticed something here, Where's Re=Gun when the raid happen? Isn't He supposed in 2nd Party with Shiroe and Demi2?
It seems you missed the bit where he said he would stay in Susukino.
Ayulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 23:50   Link #2983
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Nope, he stays in Susukino to perform research on the Transport Gates. He stays there afterwards when Shiroe, Nao, and Tetora leave to finish up his research.

It's kinda dangerous to bring a level what, 16 Lander into a dungeon where the minimum level of entry is 90
i thought rei-gun was lvl30+? He is suppose to be fairly high lvl for a lander.
Old 2014-08-09, 23:55   Link #2984
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i thought rei-gun was lvl30+? He is suppose to be fairly high lvl for a lander.
You're right, in volume 3, he's listed as level 28. Not sure what he's at by November, if it's changed at all.

Either way, you're not bringing him into a min. level 90 dungeon.
Old 2014-08-10, 00:48   Link #2985
tsunade666

He will be killed easily. If the boss can even deal good damage against a tank. Then him being a mage would die instantly. Even not counting the boss. The mobs are level 90+ monster. He will die.
Old 2014-08-10, 07:08   Link #2986
mPervy
Professional NEET

I know that Re=Gun was left behind in Tsusukino to do some research, it's just that I remember in a spoiler pict of vol7 that was posted here before Re=Gun appeared as a member of 2nd raid party under Shiroe. So, yeah. At the time I was wondering how could they bring some lv30s Lander into a raid boss? So He never joinde raid party afterall.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 10:55   Link #2987
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

In any case, Re-Gun is too valuable to lose to a dungeon raid.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 16:29   Link #2988
Ayulsa

Quote:
I know that Re=Gun was left behind in Tsusukino to do some research, it's just that I remember in a spoiler pict of vol7 that was posted here before Re=Gun appeared as a member of 2nd raid party under Shiroe.
There's no image like that, you're just remembering wrong (or you're thinking of a completely different image).
Ayulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 23:53   Link #2989
Vash1306
Pancakes

With the way Volumes 6, 7, & 8 focused on different sets of characters in different locations. Do you guys think the new season will adapt like the first season? A chapter per episode or try to blend the volumes together? So we jump back and forth between what is going on in volumes 6 & 7.
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 05:12   Link #2990
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayulsa View Post
There's no image like that, you're just remembering wrong (or you're thinking of a completely different image).
Sorry... I guess I'm wrong here... The pict that I mean is the one where it show all the raid member of Abbysal Shaft raid, but after I look at it again, Re-Gun wasn't there.

So, yeah... My mistake...
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 08:56   Link #2991
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
With the way Volumes 6, 7, & 8 focused on different sets of characters in different locations. Do you guys think the new season will adapt like the first season? A chapter per episode or try to blend the volumes together? So we jump back and forth between what is going on in volumes 6 & 7.
Well, 8 takes place after 6 and 7, which are at the same time.

I would prefer that they blend events in at least a little bit so it's not just ALL AKATSUKI or ALL SHIROE for a block of time. They're probably going to do chapter/episode, though.

Given how things look, I'm expecting 1-cour with two filler episodes (one perhaps for recap), or two-cour with an adaptation of extra content (read: side-stories) and filler. Volume 8, as we've said before, isn't a good spot to end, whereas ending on volume 7 would neatly wrap up the events of 6 and 7.
Old 2014-08-12, 03:03   Link #2992
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Took me a long while to 'get into the mood' but I finally read both vol 6 and 7... Well, up to chap 63 (90%) which I assumed more or less counts as complete?

...So what's next ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 07:27   Link #2993
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Referring to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There was this booklet that you can "win" by sending in proof of purchase of the novels, and it finally arrived at the doors of Japanese readers.

Someone was kind enough to put up a summary of it.
It's a short story during the Tea Party era, where bunch of TP members got together off-line.
Kanami, KR, Suikazura, Naotsugu, and Shiroe eating at a Yakiniku BBQ restaurant.
taking place in 2015, 3 years before the Log Horizon story.

Lots of info dump....

- Kanami is, well, pretty much exactly Kanami. She looks beautiful btw.
- KR is quadrilingual, and can gather information from servers around the world. Appears to be rich, owns a SRT Viper
- Suikazura (who probably didn't get caught in the Catastrophe 3 years later) is a drunk housewife. Didn't talk much, just kept chugging beer
- Naotsugu is still in college. No pantsu talk.
- Shiroe apparently is constantly insulted by Indicus in the game (fodder glasses, mob glasses etc). Youngest member of the BBQ party
Indicus is apparently pretty in appearance, and sociable. At this point she's the adviser in Tea Party

Other content: short comics
- beach party swimsuit fan service short comic by Hara (official artist)
- short comic by Matsu Motoya (Honey Moon Logs) Charasin trying to take Marielle out to eat, but Shoryu and Naotsugu comes along, Marielle innocently toys with the boys
- short comic by Koyuki (West Wind Brigade) first knight of WWB after the Catastrophe. Boys in boys room (Sou and Dolce), girls in girls room sleeping together.
- short comic by Souchuu (Nyant's fortune recipe) about Roderic asking to test the prototype of mass-produced appearance changing potion wit Nyanta and Serara. Nyanta refuses, as he is happy with his current looks. Serara asks to be slimmer, but Nyanta tells her she's fine as she is. Serara (in lovey-dovey mode) reconsiders and refuses.

I wish I could get this booklet!
Translated summaries of the short story and mangas have been released to the Chinese community, courtesy of kmdarky: Link (Traditional Chinese)

To add to what aohige has already told us:

1) RL meetings for the Tea Party can be categorized under two types: when Kanami says so, and when Kanami suddenly says so.

For the latter, where Kanami would out-of-the-blue propose stuff like, "Let's go check out that polar bear in the zoo" or "Let's watch a movie! (note: the unpopular types) " in the night before, Shiroe would be the one to clean up her mess.

For the former, which allows sufficient planning beforehand, KR would the one in-charge. Somehow the guy knows a lot of good eateries and has this amazing ability to jump the reservation queue. The location for this particular gathering is a private compartment in a sukiyaki specialty store somewhere in the Kanda district. The place gives out a high-class feel, be it the atmosphere, the decor or the staff dress in wafuku. To help cut the costs (and to allow the less well-off members eat in peace), KR would be providing their beverages.

2) The Tea Party's original name was just the "Tea Party". It was KR who added the "Hotosha" (i.e. Debauchery) part, making fun of Kanami's wild tendencies.

3) KR himself is a mystery, always dressed in a thick T-Shirt, long sports pants and sandals and supposedly works in a hospital. When asked whether he was a doctor or not, his reply was he didn't have the nerve to cut someone else up so no. He's a regular to their meetings in Tokyo even though he lives in Kanagawa, which makes one wonder what are his working hours like.

Also, from his interactions with Indicus here in this story, he apparently enjoys teasing her a lot =3

4) Indicus herself... Aggressive would perhaps describe her quite well, the type that pins after new Raids and high-level items. Compared to the rest (or at least those present that day) who are more easy-going, she's concerned about their ranking in the servers (fourth then) as well as any competition that would threaten their position. One of the Tea Party's advisers, she's their diplomat and hides her true nature well when dealing with the other player organisations. That the individualistic and hedonist Tea Party has not gained widespread notoriety is all thanks to her efforts.

Although she never joins their gatherings, she always talks about wanting to speak with Kanami face-to-face whenever a gathering is mentioned. Her presence in this story is made possible by KR, who brought a B5-sized tablet and got her to "join" them via web-cam. She refused to show her face though (the camera was directed at a ceiling).

Also, her nickname Kuina (くいな), used by members of the Tea Party, comes from her avatar name Indicus. That's what the Brown-cheeked Rail (Rallus Indicus) is called in Nihongo.

5) As we all know, ET originates from the US and the latest developments are thus found in English. What makes it unique is that much of the new stuff would be sent to the various overseas servers for localization first before they are installed on the US servers. This makes feedback from the overseas servers valuable, and the information translated by the quad-lingual KR is far more detailed than what's found in Japanese walkthroughs.

6) Besides the quad-lingual KR, Shiroe himself also frequents foreign forums. He would extract data from walkthrough videos and compile his findings with map data. He might not be aware of this, but his work has quite a sizable impact within and beyond Japanese shores.

Also, Shiroe is fond of tofu =3. He likes how it would absorb the flavors from the other ingredients and be tasty and how he can still take it even without an appetite.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-08-12, 11:58   Link #2994
DQueenie13

Wait, so Indicus never changed accounts? I had been under the impression that she switched accounts after the DTP disbanded.

"she always talks about wanting to speak with Kanami face-to-face" "She refused to show her face though"

Wat.

And we learn that Shiroe likes tofu in v7 ch2 as well.
Old 2014-08-12, 15:13   Link #2995
tsunade666

KR is quad lingual? what the heck is this mysterious guy doing if he leave far away and he sure has connections.

Its really fun to learn more about the tea party.

specially their ranking on the server being rank 4th even though they are just 27 or is it 28 members.
Old 2014-08-12, 21:06   Link #2996
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Ah, I forgot to add what they drank at that gathering:

1) Addendum:

Kanami: Grape juice
Shiroe: Pu-erh tea
Suikazura & Naotsugu: Draught beer
KR: Red wine

Signature by liro
Old 2014-08-12, 21:24   Link #2997
DQueenie13

Volume 7 Chapter 3 is out.

... Ow. That last part of the chapter, with Misa ... it's slightly different from the web novel version. But with a better translation this time around, the imagery is a lot more vivid.
Old 2014-08-12, 22:43   Link #2998
Gimmesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Ah, I forgot to add what they drank at that gathering:

1) Addendum:

Kanami: Grape juice
Shiroe: Pu-erh tea
Suikazura & Naotsugu: Draught beer
KR: Red wine
with her personality, I thought Kanami would drink beer aswell
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 23:51   Link #2999
tsunade666

I think I read a post before about the age of the past members of DTP though I'm not sure anymore. So what's the age of the members? I know Shiroe is 22 and Naotsugu is 24 but that's all.
Old 2014-08-14, 13:52   Link #3000
DQueenie13

All the volume 7 chapters are up on the pastebin.

@tsunade: I think you remembered wrong. Shiroe's 23, Nao's 25, Nazuna's old enough to be a Dental Assistant, Suizakura's old enough to be a drunk housewife. Nyanta's roughly middle-aged. I don't think anyone else's age was revealed.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers