Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-25, 10:08   Link #30261
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Most people probably never heard of Rap News, the most honest and entertaining news channel on youtube.

Here they cover the Australian election, with a mindblowing surprise towards the end:

These guys touch on the most sensitive topics in the recent years, wars, Egypt, American elections, Edward Snowden etc. and they keep it entertain and true.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2013-08-25, 11:37   Link #30262
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Yes.
YES.
YES.

CEO Ballmer retires as Microsoft struggles to modernize

*pops champagne*

They are not the only ones scrutinised btw. HP is famous for having incompetent CEOs too. And I bet willx can give you guys a Top100 list.
I've read some analysis over Steve Ballmer. From a tech hobbyist (consumer) standpoint he has been a failure. Microsoft was early in many markets but couldn't make them materialize. Even when Apple cracked the market open, Microsoft seemed to be late to the party. The gaming segment with the XBox isn't bad, but Microsoft experienced a few fumbles (Red Ring of Death, then the entire Xbox One release fiasco with a lot of backtracking). It seemed as if Microsoft was only relevant due to the majority of people using Windows.

From a financial standpoint, Microsoft has been very successful under Ballmer. Many of their corporate products - the types of products that most of us haven't heard of before, or have only heard of in passing - have been growing. It's really just the consumer divisions where Microsoft has been fumbling.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see if and how Microsoft changes under new leadership.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:38   Link #30263
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Blackberry doesn't even exist for me anymore.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:34   Link #30264
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Not sure if anyone's heard it yet, but couple of hours ago, massive personal information leak happened from 2ch database.
Pretty much personal info on every paid user for 2ch's ● database got leaked, as well as posting history.
It doesn't even matter if you changed IP address, it's tied to your account. Complete breach of anonymity.

I went ahead and looked through the leak files to check, and sure enough, our personal info... including insanely sensitive info were all there.
We're changing shit right now.

Anyone who has a ● account (which lets you bypass IP restrictions to let you post on 2ch and such) go change your credit card info RIGHT FREAKING NOW. It's out in public eye, and there are some evil people already taking advantages of it. Don't even bother downloading the leak yourself to check, if you have an account trust me it's on there. -_-; And hell, just looking through the email list, there's a LOT of non-Japanese ones, tons from US.

This may turn into the biggest leak in identity breach in Japan EVER.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:30   Link #30265
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, why does 2ch need your credit card info ?
Old 2013-08-25, 20:40   Link #30266
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, why does 2ch need your credit card info ?
They have a paid service which has many useful functions, including ability to recover any old thread not on the active database, or let you bypass IP restrictions, which is useful if you're posting from outside Japan. Like me. (just reading is unrestricted)
Old 2013-08-25, 21:19   Link #30267
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Analysis: Central Europe sheltered from emerging markets sell-off
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97L0P720130822

Ex-Soviet hackers play outsized role in cyber crime world
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97L0TP20130822
Old 2013-08-25, 21:38   Link #30268
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not sure if anyone's heard it yet, but couple of hours ago, massive personal information leak happened from 2ch database.
Pretty much personal info on every paid user for 2ch's ● database got leaked, as well as posting history.
It doesn't even matter if you changed IP address, it's tied to your account. Complete breach of anonymity.

I went ahead and looked through the leak files to check, and sure enough, our personal info... including insanely sensitive info were all there.

Anyone who has a ● account (which lets you bypass IP restrictions to let you post on 2ch and such) go change your credit card info RIGHT FREAKING NOW. It's out in public eye, and there are some evil people already taking advantages of it. Don't even bother downloading the leak yourself to check, if you have an account trust me it's on there. -_-; And hell, just looking through the email list, there's a LOT of non-Japanese ones, tons from US.

Fortunately I'm just a lurker on there without an account....
Old 2013-08-25, 22:05   Link #30269
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Even if you don't have an account, every single tripcode used recently has been compromised as well.
Bunch of spoiler providers (including me) will have to change the tripcode.

But really, that's the least of the problems.
Old 2013-08-25, 23:26   Link #30270
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yep, I lurk there, but I would never pay to get better services on 2ch.
But the leaked list of addresses is pretty entertaining. Companies like Sony and Kadokawa are well, expected, as stories of their stealth marketing and other online rigging are constant, but then you have the US Army? and other weird places.

Either way, hope this incident will kill off some of the kusokote

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-08-26, 01:13   Link #30271
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But the leaked list of addresses is pretty entertaining. Companies like Sony and Kadokawa are well, expected, as stories of their stealth marketing and other online rigging are constant, but then you have the US Army? and other weird places.

Militaries everywhere are full of otaku
Old 2013-08-26, 02:42   Link #30272
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

If the leak already happened all that information is now forever tainted. Changing the credit card info on the system would actually be a bad idea until the owners of the service can justifiably assure you that they have taken steps to correct whatever exploits the hackers used and scrubbed the system for any holes left behind by those same hackers.
Old 2013-08-26, 02:56   Link #30273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Why is that surprising? There are plenty of military guys (mostly ex though) in this forum as well
Old 2013-08-26, 04:40   Link #30274
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I had no idea Utada Hikaru's mother committed suicide earlier last week.
Old 2013-08-26, 05:01   Link #30275
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:

...This may turn into the biggest leak in identity breach in Japan EVER.
And people freak out over the American government trawling phone logs for metadata. Private companies from Google to Facebook to Twitter already know a lot more about you than the government does. If you can't even trust your government to do the right thing, how much more can you trust profit-driven corporations?
Old 2013-08-26, 05:25   Link #30276
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm really surprised this hasn't hit the usual western otakudom newssites big time.
This is blowing up all over Japan right now.

I searched through the database myself, and good god, it's easy as hell to tie random posts with their corresponding email/names/address/phone numbers/credit card info/post history. Mine was unfortunately in there too, but taken care of. Post history, can't help it. Thank god I got nothing to be ashamed of (other than my fetishes, which I'm very open about ANYWAYS lol) but can't say the same for many.

Imagine if you post on reddit or 4chan, and every post you made within a month period is available for everyone to see, attached to your name and address.
Old 2013-08-26, 05:33   Link #30277
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Imagine if you post on reddit or 4chan, and every post you made within a month period is available for everyone to see, attached to your name and address.
Do they have lolis posting there? Where can I find the list - *gets arrested*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-08-26, 06:23   Link #30278
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If the leak already happened all that information is now forever tainted. Changing the credit card info on the system would actually be a bad idea until the owners of the service can justifiably assure you that they have taken steps to correct whatever exploits the hackers used and scrubbed the system for any holes left behind by those same hackers.
No no by go get it changed, I mean, call your banks and freeze the card.
Enough info got leaked with the card to be abused easily.
Old 2013-08-26, 06:37   Link #30279
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
No no by go get it changed, I mean, call your banks and freeze the card.
Enough info got leaked with the card to be abused easily.
How many people would actually change it?

I have people here who actually type in credit card numbers to shop online on IPads in full public view. At least use something smaller like a smartphone.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-08-26, 06:39   Link #30280
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How many people would actually change it?

I have people here who actually type in credit card numbers to shop online on IPads in full public view. At least use something smaller like a smartphone.
I dunno, but I know that VISA Japan is getting SLAMMED all day.
They had a long wait time, and all you have to say is "it's about the 2ch case" since they set up emergency team asap this morning.

I do have to say, VISA seems to be on top of their game compared to a lot of slow poke banks out there.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international