Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-30, 06:19   Link #30341
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
That's the thing. It's just... I already had to pay about a hundred bucks for my Ver.Ka, and I am not sure if I want to cut up the Hi-Nu.

The main problem that I have is that Hi-Nu does not have a backpack, as the propellent tanks and the binders are attached to the back of the torso! If I were to go the kitbashing route, I will need to destroy the back of the Hi-Nu.
I at least can offer you an alternative in price. TT Hongli’s MG Hi-Nu knockoff (named Hi-Nu Fighter) has a pretty good back-pack that has 75-90% quality of the original Bandai version. So, you can buy TT Hongli’s Hi-Nu (with half the price of the original) and use its backpack as kitbash material. Better yet, you can look for a used TT Hongli Hi-Nu (in good condition) to get even cheaper price. Surely a used item won’t be that much of a problem since you’re gonna “destroy” it anyway.
Old 2013-07-30, 06:38   Link #30342
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I at least can offer you an alternative in price. TT Hongli’s MG Hi-Nu knockoff (named Hi-Nu Fighter) has a pretty good back-pack that has 75-90% quality of the original Bandai version. So, you can buy TT Hongli’s Hi-Nu (with half the price of the original) and use its backpack as kitbash material. Better yet, you can look for a used TT Hongli Hi-Nu (in good condition) to get even cheaper price. Surely a used item won’t be that much of a problem since you’re gonna “destroy” it anyway.
That's actually not a bad idea.

You can scratch build without any problems but, you'll need tools and patience. I do my mods and scratch building for cheap but, the tools and materials I've bought over the last while... It's well worth it though.

I totally get how you feel about it though. I prefer the Hi Nu backpack for days. It's so much more interesting. Of course the other issue will be weight. The Hi Nu funnels and thruster assembly, is so far out. I can't see how it could pose without a action base.

A tip for people... Don't try to plastic cement two different plastics when one has an odd pigment. They won't bond properly lol

Left it overnight to dry, thinking it would be good. When I tried to spin the shoulder it broke.

Now to the epoxy putty:

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-30 at 07:02.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 07:15   Link #30343
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know about that one!

The TT Hongli MG version is not a clone of the Bandai Hi-Nu. It's made from resin conversion of Evolve design for the gundam! I saw the price that it goes for on Taobao and stuff, but the price I saw on ebay was basically $70 to get it to Canada (I can get the Bandai Hi-nu for $100).
(I really like the design btw...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 07:34   Link #30344
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
What base is that? And where to get? How much?

the base is call damashii stage 5 clear ver . is actually for damshii figurines
now this stand is pretty rare
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 07:44   Link #30345
Providenceangle

Quote:
I know about that one!

The TT Hongli MG version is not a clone of the Bandai Hi-Nu. It's made from resin conversion of Evolve design for the gundam! I saw the price that it goes for on Taobao and stuff, but the price I saw on ebay was basically $70 to get it to Canada (I can get the Bandai Hi-nu for $100).
Ouch... Yeah, being in Canada gets you a shaft...You pay a ton, then pay duty, then wait forever...
Old 2013-07-30, 08:26   Link #30346
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I know about that one!

Are you sure you’re not confusing Hi-Nu EVO with Hi-Nu Fighter?

Let me clarify, Hi-Nu EVO is the massive & more expensive resin-conversion one (see below),
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

While Hi-Nu Fighter is the clone of Bandai’s Hi-Nu Gundam with half the price (see below).
Images
Old 2013-07-30, 08:29   Link #30347
Providenceangle

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOGO-TT-MG-1...item20d58adeaa

Is this the one you were looking at for 70 dollars shipped?
Old 2013-07-30, 09:20   Link #30348
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Are you sure you’re not confusing Hi-Nu EVO with Hi-Nu Fighter?

Let me clarify, Hi-Nu EVO is the massive & more expensive resin-conversion one (see below),
Images
While Hi-Nu Fighter is the clone of Bandai’s Hi-Nu Gundam with half the price (see below).
Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOGO-TT-MG-1...item20d58adeaa

Is this the one you were looking at for 70 dollars shipped?
That's it! Hi-Nu EVO's the one.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2013-07-30, 09:27   Link #30349
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's it! Hi-Nu EVO's the one.
Now you know that the Hi-Nu Fighter that I recommended (for kitbash) is the cheaper one. It’s up to you to buy which one (for kitbash).
Old 2013-07-30, 09:32   Link #30350
Providenceangle

I've been looking for the hi nu fighter... I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old 2013-07-30, 09:39   Link #30351
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Here in my country, local sellers selling Gunpla knockoffs like selling peanuts. It’s cheap and easy to find . Anyway, have you tried searching in online-stores based in Hong-Kong?
Old 2013-07-30, 09:43   Link #30352
Providenceangle

Quote:
Here in my country, local sellers selling Gunpla knockoffs like selling peanuts. It’s cheap and easy to find . Anyway, have you tried searching in online-stores based in Hong-Kong?
I don't know if I can trust those sites is all. I found one place I can order from. They don't have the hi nu fighter though.

Wing is coming along nicely.

Old 2013-07-30, 10:15   Link #30353
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Now you know that the Hi-Nu Fighter that I recommended (for kitbash) is the cheaper one. It’s up to you to buy which one (for kitbash).
The online site is telling me to cough up $50 for the fighter. Jeez... (the shipping is nasty ><)
EDIT: the price for HK/PRC modelers are damn attractive though... I mean $20-30 and you get this knock off without a need to go resin.

Old 2013-07-30, 10:32   Link #30354
Providenceangle

Quote:
The online site is telling me to cough up $50 for the fighter. Jeez... (the shipping is nasty ><)
EDIT: the price for HK/PRC modelers are damn attractive though... I mean $20-30 and you get this knock off without a need to go resin.
Just remember it's not all roses. The plastic isn't as good(it's still good though), it's not an official release, shipping is a pain in the ass, it can be hard to find them.

If you're willing to deal with all the negatives, then sure it's a good deal. I say get the official release too though. That's what I intend to do anyway.
Old 2013-07-30, 11:10   Link #30355
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just remember it's not all roses. The plastic isn't as good(it's still good though), it's not an official release, shipping is a pain in the ass, it can be hard to find them.

If you're willing to deal with all the negatives, then sure it's a good deal. I say get the official release too though. That's what I intend to do anyway.
I actually do have the Bandai Hi-nu kit... I wasn't thinking of kitbashing at first, but I just had the "jeez, the Ver.Ka Nu looks much better than the frame of the Hi-Nu..."

It made me want to get the two together somehow!

EDIT: I was originally thinking to put the Ver.Ka Nu in double fin funnel config and have the Hi Nu painted in lavender like the original design.

Old 2013-07-30, 11:17   Link #30356
Providenceangle

Quote:
I actually do have the Bandai Hi-nu kit... I wasn't thinking of kitbashing, but I just had the "jeez, the Ver.Ka Nu looks much better than the frame of the Hi-Nu..."

It made me want to get the two together somehow!

EDIT: I was originally thinking to put the Ver.Ka Nu in double fin funnel config and have the Hi Nu painted in lavender like the original design.
I didn't mean to single you out. I know already you bought both kits, you're trying to achieve a look without sacrificing your kit, and you only want a cheap alternative. I'm simply saying in a general fashion. Unfortunately, there are those people who, don't support official releases. I don't like some of bandai's choices/prices but, I pay to get what I want.
Old 2013-07-30, 11:41   Link #30357
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I didn't mean to single you out. I know already you bought both kits, you're trying to achieve a look without sacrificing your kit, and you only want a cheap alternative. I'm simply saying in a general fashion. Unfortunately, there are those people who, don't support official releases. I don't like some of bandai's choices/prices but, I pay to get what I want.
Exactly! I need a part donator kit that will let me build that backpack somehow! The Ver.Ka Hi nu frame is superior after all.

Spoiler for large image of the Hi-Nu ver. Ka:

Old 2013-07-30, 11:43   Link #30358
Providenceangle

It looks great. Do whatever gets the job done in the end. I'd love to do the mod, I just can't really see myself changing a 80+ dollar kit... lol
Old 2013-07-30, 14:06   Link #30359
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So as you all know, the MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 is coming as an online exclusive.
Is anyone getting it and how come the Assault Jacket isn't being made for it?
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 14:29   Link #30360
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
So as you all know, the MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 is coming as an online exclusive.
Is anyone getting it and how come the Assault Jacket isn't being made for it?
My thoughts are that, it's simply a recolour. That's why it's not getting anything new. Just recolour it and put it out as, an online exclusive to make some added cash.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy