AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 19:26   Link #30421
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for Wow, this MD ep came out quick:

Page Claim for the Materials!

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!

Last edited by Yasanagi; 2011-04-20 at 20:30. Reason: Tense clean up
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 19:46   Link #30422
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I suppose I just see it from the perspective that it's less of a "Shadowverse" story, in terms of Lutecia as a character and how she develops and where she ends up by the end, and more of a "Vivio and Lutecia" story that focuses just on them and that particular moment. But that might just be me.
Aha! I see your point . So you mean "Shadowverse story" as in "epicness resulting in changing plot and career directions and moral codes", not as "things that happen to Lutecia within this universe"?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 19:51   Link #30423
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Aha! I see your point . So you mean "Shadowverse story" as in "epicness resulting in changing plot and career directions and moral codes", not as "things that happen to Lutecia within this universe"?
Pretty much. Unless having sex with Vivio somehow constitutes as some sort of moral issue.
Old 2011-04-20, 20:22   Link #30424
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
All right, I haven't contributed a one-shot in awhile, let's see how this goes.

I guess you could... sorta... call this my contribution to our own Beamspam's Shadowverse. My own unique take on the 'Vivio Turns Eighteen' story that she is planning. My personal vision.

It may possibly be non-canon.

Maybe.

Kinda.

Sorta.

Definitely.

Spoiler for Crime and Punishment:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Oh, man! Just...LOL! (Come to think of it, now I want to know just how it is that Vivio at age 6 does have the emotional maturity of a child of 6. I mean, Fate at least had all of Alicia's memories shoehorned into her brain so she basically was Alicia at that point, but obviously Vivio wasn't the Sankt Kaiser...and come to think of it, there was that whole "where is my mama?" thing she was programmed with, and... No, I'm not supposed to be thinking serious thoughts in reaction to a humor fic!!! ) I actually wondered if you'd remember Nanoha and Fate...

...come to think of it, is Sette still in prison in the 'Verse? That would put three members of the cast in prison at once!

Wendi: See? This is why I made sure she'd have all those "Women in Chains" movies to help prepare her for these scenarios! I'm a genius, I tell you!
Cinque:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 20:40   Link #30425
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for Wow, this MD ep came out quick:

Page Claim for the Materials!
Yeah, in such a situation it would be better to play along. Since these are dangerous individuals, it's best to keep things not hostile so no one gets hurt.

So now that I've actually gotten to play the game, I see we've been pretty far off in our portrayal of Material-L. She's not some hyper blood thirsty child, but rather she normally acts calm and cool with a bit of an edge, but when she screws up she gets all flustered and her attempts to regain composure are what can be seen as immature and 'sore-loser-ish." She says her threats in a menacing tone, not with the glee of a child pulling wings off a fly.

Anyways, I realise how far we've come so I'm not going to go back and rewrite everything so it matches. Your average reader has no idea how she should be and are none the wiser anyways. Something to keep in mind for the future, though.

I mentioned before how I was considering going back and changing her name atleast. I don't like how masculine Rai sounds, but Material-L does speak using masculine pronouns so I guess it is suitable. Then again, in Zafira's story she calls herself 'Raikou', which I'd turn into 'Raiko', since 'ko' is the typical way female names end.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:05   Link #30426
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Just a quick short.

Spoiler for New Omake:

Spoiler for Moral of the Story?:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:11   Link #30427
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I actually wondered if you'd remember Nanoha and Fate...
I actually mentioned to Moczo over AIM that when you think about it, even when they get out of jail they're still screwed, since in three years Vivio would be 15 and Fate would be 17!
Old 2011-04-20, 21:19   Link #30428
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yeah, in such a situation it would be better to play along. Since these are dangerous individuals, it's best to keep things not hostile so no one gets hurt.

So now that I've actually gotten to play the game, I see we've been pretty far off in our portrayal of Material-L. She's not some hyper blood thirsty child, but rather she normally acts calm and cool with a bit of an edge, but when she screws up she gets all flustered and her attempts to regain composure are what can be seen as immature and 'sore-loser-ish." She says her threats in a menacing tone, not with the glee of a child pulling wings off a fly.

Anyways, I realise how far we've come so I'm not going to go back and rewrite everything so it matches. Your average reader has no idea how she should be and are none the wiser anyways. Something to keep in mind for the future, though.

I mentioned before how I was considering going back and changing her name atleast. I don't like how masculine Rai sounds, but Material-L does speak using masculine pronouns so I guess it is suitable. Then again, in Zafira's story she calls herself 'Raikou', which I'd turn into 'Raiko', since 'ko' is the typical way female names end.
To that, I will say...

'I reject the BoA Material-L and substitute her with my own'!

Hope that the GoD Material-L will be more interesting.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:22   Link #30429
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
I started off skeptically, as it seemed so...blah-ly ordinary, then I descended into mad laughter as I kept reading . The best part being when Nanoha entered the picture...and her last words to Lutecia at the end .

Vivio's awkward attempts to cheer Lutecia up were hilarious XD. And little cameos I loved included Hayate's own lawsuit, Auris Gaiz's hiring practices, and Chrono's bad-timing messages XDDDDDD.............
Very much intentional. I made it start as formulaic and sappy as possible to allow for the, well... me-ness to shine when I began going crazy.

... I will confess, my own favorite part was Auris's hiring practices. I laughed like a madman when I came up with 'Agent McChildkiller. XD

Quote:

Oh God, I remember this conversation. XD

By the end of it I was laughing so hard I was in tears. Let's just hope that for Vivio's sake, in the three years that pass, Nanoha can get past wanting to shank Lutecia and get along with her. And if this is what cold medicine produces, take more of it! I like this weird kind of writing!
I remembered it too.

Well, Overprotective Nanoha doesn't like her little Vivi being touched by the Big Bad Shadow, and she's obviously in a bad mood for other reasons as well. As for the medicine, I, um... I only take it when I have a cold, y'know.

Quote:
Pretty much. Unless having sex with Vivio somehow constitutes as some sort of moral issue.
I believe Detective Laine would like to speak with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Oh, man! Just...LOL! (Come to think of it, now I want to know just how it is that Vivio at age 6 does have the emotional maturity of a child of 6. I mean, Fate at least had all of Alicia's memories shoehorned into her brain so she basically was Alicia at that point, but obviously Vivio wasn't the Sankt Kaiser...and come to think of it, there was that whole "where is my mama?" thing she was programmed with, and... No, I'm not supposed to be thinking serious thoughts in reaction to a humor fic!!! ) I actually wondered if you'd remember Nanoha and Fate...
Vivio has the maturity of a six-year old because Scaglietti injected her with science. Sweet, magical science. And how could I forget CSI's number one most wanted? Nanoha and Fate have been getting away with their crimes for far too long.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:23   Link #30430
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Just a quick short.

Spoiler for New Omake:

... actually, this doesn't even have to be a crossover. Not like the Nanoverse doesn't have it's own giant worm monsters.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:25   Link #30431
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I believe Detective Laine would like to speak with you.
... Do not tempt me to introduce him into Shadowverse for the sole purpose of making some kind of age-related joke.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:26   Link #30432
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
... Do not tempt me to introduce him into Shadowverse for the sole purpose of making some kind of age-related joke.
I would consider it a badge of honor if my goofy little CSI parody from my goofy little short got into 'canon' for even a second.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:27   Link #30433
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I would consider it a badge of honor if my goofy little CSI parody from my goofy little short got into 'canon' for even a second.
Stop tempting me.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:34   Link #30434
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Stop tempting me.
Um... no. I'm tempting you to do something I want you to do, so I am going to keep right on tempting.

Tempt, tempt.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:35   Link #30435
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Just a quick short.

Spoiler for New Omake:

Heh, I figured it was Tremors even before reading your note. Since most of the cast can fly, I don't think they'd need to worry about those worms anyways.
Old 2011-04-21, 07:21   Link #30436
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
All right, I haven't contributed a one-shot in awhile, let's see how this goes.

I guess you could... sorta... call this my contribution to our own Beamspam's Shadowverse. My own unique take on the 'Vivio Turns Eighteen' story that she is planning. My personal vision.

It may possibly be non-canon.

Maybe.

Kinda.

Sorta.

Definitely.

Spoiler for Crime and Punishment:
1. The way Lu got sentenced guilty so fast reminded me of Deadman Wonderland
2. Hmm, Laine reminded me of someone... *gasp* Is this a sign for a new Center Ring chapter? I want the CSI duo Vice and Acous to irritate Hayate even more
3. If this frustrates Lutecia so much, might be better to turn a new leaf. Three years is a long wait, and she's not the only one stuck in that place due to the whole "clone age" thing
4. Does the new law also cover cyborgs? Or cyborgs with cloned genes at the very least? Then perhaps the prison is missing a certain tsundere gunslinger...

Quote:
Um... no. I'm tempting you to do something I want you to do, so I am going to keep right on tempting.

Tempt, tempt.
You fool! such attitude would only discourage her! You must pretend otherwise!

"D-don't get me wrong! I wasn't trying to tempt you...I-I don't care whether my piece become canon, at all! Th-that's right, I'm happy enough to just have my story told, really...th-though I guess it would be nice if it actually happens blush Mou! What are you making me saying?! BAKA!!!"
Old 2011-04-21, 08:31   Link #30437
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Well, I'll probably elaborate more in my longer review, but as mentioned, it's the little things you do that not only make the story comedic but also touching and different. Drunk Hayate and Fate are hilarious beyond measure XD.
Dear gods, one of these days I'll sit down and draft my ideas of a Hayate focused story to my timeline and all the world shall tremble in awe and horror of what this woman can unleash. With or without the alcohol. *Fading ominous cackling laughter*

Deathcurse: Thank you for one hell of a Vivio review O_o. I'm so used to reviews of the "Wowz u should wr1te MOAR!!" length that your wall of text nearly knocked me off my chair. Lol! So you caught the Shiznat reference xD, I just couldn't resist. As for Lutecia's tactical choice, I didn't really think her skills over when I wrote that. My idea was just to stick the girl into the heat by any means and have a wall topple over her.

I needed a Vivio-to-the-rescue scene, and it struck me to make Lutecia a sort of rear-guard mage of some sort. She cast that horribly draining shield out of necessity and desperation because her colleges went down and needed protection. Again, I just wanted her to do something very out of her league so she could bleed all over Vivio. I wanted their first face-to-face meeting to be amidst blood and dust and mad explosions, because that's what Viv needed to get her out of her dating slump. Viv in my universe is a girl very frustrated with love, so I wanted her to meet a Lutecia who possesses a lot of substance, and what better way to do that than through the passing of duty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam or deathcurse, cant remember ^^;
Seriously though, your Shadowverse really needs an epic on the scale of dezopenguin's Stahlkönign, because it deserves nothing less. You've done all the small details of them falling in love and so and such, all the emotional traumas involving the families are done and dealt with (mostly). Let's have a mad, high-frenzied, magical, cyberpunk story with a lot of explosions, undercover ops, strapless cocktail-dresses involving a Shadow-war or something. Tempt tempt.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 08:34   Link #30438
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post

So, i other means
Material L = Remilia Scarlet's charisma + appearance of Fate.

There's another idea for you guys to write about. xd (charisma break)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:04   Link #30439
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, i other means
Material L = Remilia Scarlet's charisma + appearance of Fate.

There's another idea for you guys to write about. xd (charisma break)
Dunno who you're refering to

Well, now that I've unlocked Material-L and played as her I can note how... chipper she is in her victory quotes.

So basically she's serious towards her enemies, gets flustered when she screws up, and is happy when she wins. So I guess Material-L is... like a normal person?

Well, she is supposed to be Fate who never had Arf or met Nanoha so I'd say she's twisted to an extent. Not that bright either, as Shamal easily tricks her into spilling the beans.
Old 2011-04-21, 10:39   Link #30440
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Here's a comment that I got on DA (person didn't know it was me) that was nice.

Quote:
It's very rare to find fanfics that concerns the whole cast.

The only ones who managed to do that feat were the writers; Nanya, Radiant Bream, F91, Mozco and Kaijo.

The majority I see in FF.net, touches only FateXNanoha... I want a little break from that...

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha