AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 10:56   Link #3041
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Vivio has way too much potential to just look over.
Agreed I'm also going to continue my fic as soon as my essays are research papers done as well...Man school is hard.
Old 2007-09-21, 10:57   Link #3042
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Ah too bad that talk seemed like it'd be hilarious. But oh well

So if Chaos isn't the last boss....Where are we going to find a greater source of evil at this time of year? Wouldn't they all be busy?
Look hard enough, you'll find him right under your very nose

Though very subtle, that person is truely more evil and cold than I can ever be...

And techincally, I'm suppose to be busy, I've sacrificed my final year project to be doing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sadly Satashi is the only one who made Vivio a good character. The writers should've asked for some help in making her better. Or just letting her exist in those stories and helping the character development for the others in the series .
You have to change alot about her to get that, right now she's too much of a straight flat line.

I support that bring back from the dead and turn evil scenario... Only because she has to be dead first
Old 2007-09-21, 13:30   Link #3043
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi
Vivio has way too much potential to just look over. In 6th Division she especially plays a large role
But two decades after the StrikerS period? Speaking of which, there was something I wanted to point out before your semi-retirement. If you're going to continue the Vivio story, you should think carefully about the characters' careers in the gap. Being stuck in the same post for 20 years is doing a disservice to such capable people.
Old 2007-09-21, 15:19   Link #3044
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Vivio has way too much potential to just look over. In 6th Division she especially plays a large role >: D but that's all you get to know ^^

Studying? What's that? Oh yeah...I think I did that a few years ago when I was in college O.< MAybe... possibly... nah. Enjoy studying while you can. I'd MUCH rather write a term paper or essay than work like I do -.- speaking of, break time is almost over so I gotta go out and make sure everyone is working *Sighs*
Sadly have to agree on that last point. After working full time this summer at a chocolate factory (no the movie was a complete and utter lie) school is a haven in comparison. Quite the odd thing when your actually looking forward to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Look hard enough, you'll find him right under your very nose

Though very subtle, that person is truely more evil and cold than I can ever be...
Of course....he's underground . *grabs shovel* Hang on evil guy I'll get you out of there. I'll give you guys a call when I find him and thus unleash a terrible evil upon the earth. Or the other possibility is cracking the earths core thus unleashing a lava flow that will burn and destroy all that lives....of course that might be negative on me so I might not have time to call you on that.

Whew was worried it might be me. But having Flare in my name clearly would absovle me of being anyone cold .

Just to avoid being off topic. Fanfics are great!

In terms of careers...maybe they *really* like their jobs? Personally never happened to me but hey anything can happen.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-09-21 at 15:31.
Old 2007-09-21, 20:56   Link #3045
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
But two decades after the StrikerS period? Speaking of which, there was something I wanted to point out before your semi-retirement. If you're going to continue the Vivio story, you should think carefully about the characters' careers in the gap. Being stuck in the same post for 20 years is doing a disservice to such capable people.
don't worry, everyone has their career planned out already and will be revealed at the end of Redemption. the Vivio storyline isn't an offical ending of 6th Division, as it was made as a joke up until half way through :P It's like a side story that trailed from the original
Old 2007-09-21, 23:19   Link #3046
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Diary of a Wind Talker, Summer Special, Part V

The fan service is strong within this one.
Old 2007-09-22, 09:39   Link #3047
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Should I tsukkomi using the point that maybe they really aren't that capable after all? Nah.

Given their career progression, when they reach the age of Satashi's Vivio story, they'd be around 29-30ish. 20 years of service ... them being a little faster than average ... they'd be either a Colonel or a Brigadier. Well, they won't be having much fun - neither of them seem like the paperwork type.

To continue the joke, Hayate must be a General by then.
Old 2007-09-22, 10:05   Link #3048
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Should I tsukkomi using the point that maybe they really aren't that capable after all? Nah.

Given their career progression, when they reach the age of Satashi's Vivio story, they'd be around 29-30ish. 20 years of service ... them being a little faster than average ... they'd be either a Colonel or a Brigadier. Well, they won't be having much fun - neither of them seem like the paperwork type.

To continue the joke, Hayate must be a General by then.
Continuing on that point, it could just mean that they've refused promotions to stay in the field since the further up the chain you go, the more time you spend behind a desk...

Although considering how badly shafted Hayate has been in StrikerS, it seems that it starts pretty early at Lt. Colonel
Old 2007-09-22, 11:36   Link #3049
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Logically, though, they won't all progress like that. Nanoha/Fate/Hayate/Chrono are all prodigies in their field, whereas the forwards are just highly skilled. Gotta remember that, for example, Lutecia had to have almost the entire forward team plus vita to capture her, yet Fate at age 9 probably could have done it by herself if she was serious. Hayate is a rare ability user, and got promoted faster than the rest (as was started in StrikerS)

So I think the forwards will be around what the Ace's rank is right now when they are 30-ish, if they even do that, and depending on their career choices.

Example: Tia can out rank Nanoha if she progressed along the line of enforcer, because Nanoha has her rank and position. the only way Nanoha can military rank up is if she goes out and does something else to deserve it. If she stays a teacher at section six, she will not get promoted. Such as Hayate out ranking Nanoha/Fate because she wanted to lead a unit, whereas the other two chose seperate paths ( enforcer/Instructor) Hayate progressed forward to get promoted, whereas Nanoha and Fate got what they wanted and stayed with it.

Also, in 6th Division, please remember that I try to make it as realistic as possible. Look at the forwards, why are they there? Subaru/Tia were drafted by Nanoha. Elio/Caro were drafted by Fate. Nanoha/Fate/the Knights were drafted by Hayate. If Subaru wants to be an instructor like Nanoha, she would have to leave 6th Divison. if Tia wanted to be in the air force, she would also leave. Leave being request for transfer to another unit to progress towards their goals. So disregarding their rank, they may not even be there anymore ^.~
Old 2007-09-22, 11:58   Link #3050
Liingo
Love Hina?

Some good points there Satashi..

It does depend a lot on what they want to do.. a promotion may help or hinder their ambitions (usually help but as I mentioned before, there's a point where you are (usually) no longer are involved in field duties)

In honour of Keroko-chan day, here's my conrtibution to the madness (reposted from the OC thread).. Prior knowledge of the characters not needed, although it can help a little

Enjoy

Spoiler for Uh oh....:

Spoiler for OC characters involved:
Old 2007-09-22, 12:31   Link #3051
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Some good points there Satashi..

It does depend a lot on what they want to do.. a promotion may help or hinder their ambitions (usually help but as I mentioned before, there's a point where you are (usually) no longer are involved in field duties)
XD yeah, like in my story, Fate always complains about doing paper work lol
Old 2007-09-22, 23:26   Link #3052
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

i just did read the three 6th Division Book I / II / III fanfics straight in 2 days w/o break and i'm amazed
there ARE people with enough Talent for proffesional work out there
i enjoyed it a lot and i even was absent from some chores in MMO's to finish it
have yet to read the other fanfics from Satashi
( especially the first-person start of each chapter was quite a change of scenary. all in all, i give the story a 8 out of 10. there were some things i didn't like much, but nothing all too major. i though you'd give subaru and tia a bit more screen time for their relationship, but, after all, they're not the main leads, so it was nothing but keeping the hope up )

so. i'll head to bed after not sleeping for almost 48 hours. keep the good work up
Old 2007-09-23, 20:20   Link #3053
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

I'm just feel bad caude there are less NanohaYuuno, FateChrono (yeah i know... theyre now siblings...) and CaroErio fanfict...
I wish someone make a romantic CaroErio fanfict...
Old 2007-09-23, 22:48   Link #3054
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunariska View Post
i just did read the three 6th Division Book I / II / III fanfics straight in 2 days w/o break and i'm amazed
there ARE people with enough Talent for proffesional work out there
i enjoyed it a lot and i even was absent from some chores in MMO's to finish it
have yet to read the other fanfics from Satashi
( especially the first-person start of each chapter was quite a change of scenary. all in all, i give the story a 8 out of 10. there were some things i didn't like much, but nothing all too major. i though you'd give subaru and tia a bit more screen time for their relationship, but, after all, they're not the main leads, so it was nothing but keeping the hope up )

so. i'll head to bed after not sleeping for almost 48 hours. keep the good work up

XD glad you liked it ^^ Tia and Subaru have a little more time, but it's still primarily Fate/Nanoha.[shamless self plug] check out Tourmaline Feelings if you want a Tia/Subaru story. [/end plug]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
I'm just feel bad caude there are less NanohaYuuno, FateChrono (yeah i know... theyre now siblings...) and CaroErio fanfict...
I wish someone make a romantic CaroErio fanfict...
I may try my hands at a Caro/Elio fic one of these days....... and yeah, world needs more Yuunohas
Old 2007-09-23, 22:52   Link #3055
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I may try my hands at a Caro/Elio fic one of these days....... and yeah, world needs more Yuunohas
I can feel the eyes from the twisting nether...
Old 2007-09-24, 01:31   Link #3056
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

update:

Redemption: 4,776 words, 80% done.
ETA: Monday night, late/ Tuesday night, late.
Old 2007-09-24, 03:02   Link #3057
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

i'll take a break before reading the next fanfic, i got scolded like hell for being absent from chores XD''

another review to the 6th division:
believe it or know i'd knew about 90% of the charackters/qoutes you'd make and it was quite funny. Nanoha saying "Beam me up scotty" was priceless.
some charackters were chosen carefully, some were a bit random, such as Haseo. he's a emo, psychotic, "i WILL HAVE MY REVENGE GOOOAH" charackter and was hard to imagine as Waiter, lol
and how i laughed when i saw Kha! i was like "wtf.. *looks up to animesuki* it's he.. LOL, it's really he!"
i just happen to think, you used the whole .hack// system a bit too much. datatrain, kitee, tri-edge, i've read in a review about balmung etc
i definitly need to find my fanfiction.net password before i'll spamm this thread xD
as for me, not being english native, nor having any english classes on school, i had some times a little problem understanding the stuff but it was all in all really newb friendly written.

from the start, i just had to think for a second, what you meant with "mou" and "che" or "shush" till i spoke they out loudly a few times, and someone in teamspeak asked me if i used some drugs. XD

edit1:
just to mention it before i got to work
i personally think the actual show would be way more popular when tey used your fanfic as actual script. ( ok, more popular among the legion obviously *ehem* )

edit2:
i'd like a bit less .hack//
it seems they invaded nanoha-versum quite a bit. they need definitly a hit on the head. ( just don't let haseo turn intio some black-armor scyth wielding mob XD'' )
Old 2007-09-24, 22:19   Link #3058
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quick update for today:

almost done, will be finished tomorrow, I'm just ultra sleepy tonight >.<
Old 2007-09-24, 23:16   Link #3059
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Quick update for today:

almost done, will be finished tomorrow, I'm just ultra sleepy tonight >.<
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ^^

It's good to see that for once you're willing to rest early ^^

Good night, Satashi-san ^^
Old 2007-09-24, 23:21   Link #3060
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Hmm... haven't had updates on my official Nanoverse fanfic (my Lyrical of Time saga is yet to continue) but I'm thinking of doing one on the canon characters. I can't reveal the details here yet, but right now my mind keeps seeing Vivio. So....

Fuyu-chan, are you done?
Closed Thread