Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2017-06-02, 18:23   Link #3061
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought Ymir was still alive too, until I reread the latest 10 chapters or so, that is. Her backstory has been fully explained (I had totally forgotten about that) and she said her farewells to Historia. There's nothing left for her character to do. She wasn't related at all to the original Ymir (other than being of eldian descent, and even then, she couldn't even bring forth the power of the jaw titan), it wasn't even her real name. She was a red herring all along. Her life was very tragic, her only solace was meeting Historia.
Still, I wonder what the Marley forces are planning her to do. Reiner already said many times he needed Eren and Ymir.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 01:45   Link #3062
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Still, I wonder what the Marley forces are planning her to do. Reiner already said many times he needed Eren and Ymir.
Marley wanted a monopoly on Titan powers thinking it would allow them to rule the world.

But as shown the tactical superiority using Titans would soon come to a close. Hence they want more than ever the sweet oil at Paradi island.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 08:53   Link #3063
bastek66

That one-legged, bearded guy is definitely Eren
Old 2017-06-07, 15:47   Link #3064
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
You lost me. Are you talking about the latest chapter?
Old 2017-06-07, 16:32   Link #3065
kitten320

Brain washing in Reiner's country sure is strong, poor guy.
Old 2017-06-08, 00:28   Link #3066
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Brain washing in Reiner's country sure is strong, poor guy.
I got the impression, thar Reiner is questioning his own motives. Maybe he runs away and gives his power to the people inside the walls.

Whatever, I have enough of this part of the story. I hope for the focus to turn back to the island soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
What makes you think so? Just because he has black hair and is unable to wear his armband right?
If it were Eren, his leg should heal really quick. Unless he learned to control a Titan's healing power by now. But why should he infiltrate the Enemy's country alone?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 02:44   Link #3067
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Good ole' government conspiracy and manipulation. Reiner you sad bastard.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 04:57   Link #3068
Windsgrace

So in the end he figures out both sides are similar. Angry, helpless and struggling in a hopeless situation.

Agreed @ Dr. DJ

Odd how we are sympathizing/ empathizing with a mass murderer. Welp
Old 2017-06-08, 15:02   Link #3069
Jmariofan7

[We already got the flashback of her death. Or do you need to see her being digested to consider her dead? As for her remaining lifespan... totally moot. Reiner is still alive and he'd have even less time left than her. And she couldn't activate the "true ability" when we last saw her. She could have learned, just as Eren is learning to do stuff.]

I don't think one brief picture of Ymir chained up counts as a flashback, and I wasn't talking about her death I was referring to her final words, and she couldn't have learned it because the Marley higher ups are a bunch of jerkwads who viewed her as a criminal and a threat and had Porko take it.

[Have we, or have we not, gotten chapters focusing on the main cast of the manga? No, we have not. Therefore, anything more than 1 chapter is hijacking the story as you put it.]

You clearly haven't seen other stories then like one piece, and Reiner was technically part of the main cast (the top ten wall recruits) and he's featured majorly in these chapters.

[So you basically want no discussion and only mindless praise? Sorry, that's not what this is. This is a forum for discussion. If we don't like it, we have every right to complain. If you don't like it, don't participate. Complaining about complainers is even worse than the complainers complaining.]

You've completely misunderstood me, and discussion does not automatically equal complaining and whining, it's talking about what's going on or where things could be going. I'm criticizing you for doing the vice versa of mindless praise (which I am familiar with, with things such as Final Fantasy 9 or Neon Genesis Evangelion), mindless criticism, when giving complaints you're supposed to get the facts and details straight, if it dosen't have this and is pretty shallow and biased, then no you shouldn't have the right, if anything people have the right to pick apart another person's weak or trollish argument, so I don't see how complaining about complainers who don't get their facts straight is "worse than the complainers complaining".

[I'm perfectly patient, thank you very much. Kindly stop with the personal attacks and strawmanning.]

Yet here you are whining about the Marley chapters despite it focusing on something that was built up for the past 80+ chapters and featuring one of the main cast members (Reiner, and even detailing more on Annie), when someone is able to binge watch this, it's not such a big deal. This is not a personal attack, a personal attack is bringing up something from your own life outside the computer and ridiculously trashing it like a complete troll, like what Double4Anime did with ForneverWorld, I'm pulling apart your online arguments that haven't got their facts straight and judging things too early before we see where they're going, I'm going to clarify this with two examples: example 1 from Attack on Titan: people whined about "plot armor" (which is just a dumb fan term, in a story EVERYONE has "plot armor") yet the Grisha flashback revealed that those with the power of the nine titans have their lifespans shortened down to 13 years after receiving them, example 2 from the Kingdom Hearts series: this series is full of Checkov's guns, yet we have butthurt people whining "WAH, Xion was pointless" or "Re:coded was pointless", then DDD revealed that Xehanort needed 7 lights to go along with his 13 darknesses to reforge the X-Blade, Xion most likely is going to be one of the seven lights, and the point of Re:coded was the Datascape that Maleficent needs for a mysterious reason.

You've also started name calling, it sounds like you're just projecting yourself onto me.

[Again, we can complain if we want. It's a discussion forum. If you don't like it, don't participate.]

Complaining isn't automatically right as I've pointed out up above, and people need to set things straight otherwise people will get the wrong idea and won't get their facts straight. My attitude towards fanbases have gotten cynical over the years, especially with how fandumb's like Bleach's caused it's decline and downfall, people don't seem to understand that fans can ruin things.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 16:19   Link #3070
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Odd how we are sympathizing/ empathizing with a mass murderer. Welp
Can't really call him a bad guy. He is just as much of a victim as everyone else. Manipulated, looked down on, if not obeyed will be killed and etc.

If sides were to switch, Eren and his gang would be no different.
Old 2017-06-08, 16:31   Link #3071
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Latest chapter proves that Reiner is still hella broken. I cant help but to think that his split personality is still there.
Old 2017-06-08, 21:37   Link #3072
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Young Reiner is basically a carbon clone of Eren. Only real difference is who he's fighting for.
Old 2017-06-08, 22:36   Link #3073
Windsgrace

Quote:
Can't really call him a bad guy. He is just as much of a victim as everyone else. Manipulated, looked down on, if not obeyed will be killed and etc.

Agreed. Ug so many political undertones.
Old 2017-06-09, 07:08   Link #3074
ReddyRedWolf

My goodness the Eldians under Marley has no self awareness at all.
The ancestors of the Eldians that left for Paradi island isolated themselves because of the King's guilt. Those left behind are either those on the other side of the Eldian civil war or loyalists that couldn't come.

What they don't realize everybody hates Marley and them for terror tactics.

This is their equivalent of WW1 with the advent of mechanized warfare. Marley is falling behind.

Their salvation may very well be escaping for that island.
Old 2017-06-09, 22:29   Link #3075
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
*snip*
I'm not going to respond to this, nor am I sure why you even bothered posting it. You let it sit for over a month, and then decided to retort? Just let it die if you're going to wait more than a month to respond to posts. The one exception is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
You've also started name calling, it sounds like you're just projecting yourself onto me.
Not once did I call you anything, not even your name.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 09:25   Link #3076
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What baffles me the most is Zeke.

When I see Reiner's family I really see people whose brain doesn't really work. They are fanatic to the point that their ability to reason is really compromised. And that's really the only way an Eldian could accept the whole situation without noticing the blatant hypocrisy of a country that oppresses them for the atrocities they allegedly committed in the past while committing the very same atrocities themselves (on top of several others).

But Zeke doesn't seem to me to be that blind nor someone who can't use his reason. Did it ever occur to him that Marley might very well order the extermination of every Eldian as soon as they develop the technology that will render titans obsolete in warfare?

This could be the reason why he wants the coordinate so much, but in the end that's only going to postpone the inevitable for a few years.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 12:11   Link #3077
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
What baffles me the most is Zeke.

When I see Reiner's family I really see people whose brain doesn't really work. They are fanatic to the point that their ability to reason is really compromised. And that's really the only way an Eldian could accept the whole situation without noticing the blatant hypocrisy of a country that oppresses them for the atrocities they allegedly committed in the past while committing the very same atrocities themselves (on top of several others).

But Zeke doesn't seem to me to be that blind nor someone who can't use his reason. Did it ever occur to him that Marley might very well order the extermination of every Eldian as soon as they develop the technology that will render titans obsolete in warfare?

This could be the reason why he wants the coordinate so much, but in the end that's only going to postpone the inevitable for a few years.
He may actually think it'd be better for the world if Eldians (and therefore Titans) disappeared from the world for good. And it's not like he wouldn't include himself into that, after all being the holder of the Beast Titan he knows he's done for anyway. He's seen the ugliness of the other side first - through his father's fanatic indoctrination - and that might have set his priorities.

On another note, I just thought of something. Supposedly a couple bloodlines - like the Asians and the Ackermans - were immune to the Coordinate when they entered Paradis. That means they were part of the Eldian nation but did not share their 'Titan' gene, I suppose. Now, I wonder, does that mean that they can't transform into Titans either, thus making Mikasa for example immune to the effect of Titan spinal fluid injection?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 12:29   Link #3078
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the brainwashing of the Eldians is simply a well oiled machine. Children are taught from a very young age they're the spawn of demons and that they must make amends, and there is no one around to contradict this vision of the world. On the contrary, they're constantly reminded of it. They're not given the opportunity to question their own existence.

There's also a stick and carrot method in place which leads them to think the only way to live peacefully and help their families is to obey the Marleyians. Only people who suffered personal tragedies like Grisha would even think of rebelling.
Old 2017-06-11, 00:12   Link #3079
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
That means they were part of the Eldian nation but did not share their 'Titan' gene, I suppose. Now, I wonder, does that mean that they can't transform into Titans either, thus making Mikasa for example immune to the effect of Titan spinal fluid injection?
Orientals are probably exactly like Marleyans or Middle Eastern in that regard, they don't transform into titans and they aren't affected by the coordinate. They are normal people.

The Ackermans, however, are a different case. Zeke hints that they are the result of some of titan-related experiment, so it's difficult to say. I'm not even sure if they are totally unrelated to Eldians or just a subtribe of them.

Even then in 100 years can we really assume that the Ackermans never married with Eldians and that therefore Levi and Mikasa don't have even an ounce of Eldian blood?

And in that case just how much Eldian blood does one need to be able to become a titan?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 08:32   Link #3080
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think the brainwashing of the Eldians is simply a well oiled machine. Children are taught from a very young age they're the spawn of demons and that they must make amends, and there is no one around to contradict this vision of the world. On the contrary, they're constantly reminded of it. They're not given the opportunity to question their own existence.

There's also a stick and carrot method in place which leads them to think the only way to live peacefully and help their families is to obey the Marleyians. Only people who suffered personal tragedies like Grisha would even think of rebelling.
In retrospect this makes sense with Bert's meltdown this latest episode.

I have horrifying thought to un-brainwash the Eldians Eren may have to use the Coordinate to mindwipe them all like the first generation on Paradis island.