Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 15:10   Link #3081
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG View Post
I was re-reading the LN, and wow, I never really noticed but If i really did have a sister like kirino, I would never get to the point kyosuke is right now.

He beared with it all for 12 volumes, if i started where kyosuke was I would have never seen the cute kirino I came to love!

Kyosuke really is one hell of a guy. Having a Prodigy imouto, Beautiful and Inteligent beyond belief while being plain, Id probably get ticked off from the start if she was rude to me. But on the other hand if she really liked me from the start, and showed her dere side then I probably would be okay with it, but thats not the case..
I think it's pretty clear that Kyousuke's a bit of a masochist at this point
I honestly wonder why I adore Kirino so much sometimes, and I've come to realize that i'm a bit of a masochist as well...
Hah, maybe all Kirino shippers are subconciously masochistic?
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:25   Link #3082
Kakurin
大佐

Part 3 Chapter 4

Spoiler for Part 3 Chapter 4:

Last edited by Kakurin; 2013-06-11 at 16:48.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:36   Link #3083
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 3 Chapter 4

Cutest scene till now I must say,cant wait for it to be animated!!!!!!! Good job as always mate!
Old 2013-06-11, 16:39   Link #3084
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Part 3 Chapter 4

Okay,that was really touching.I almost cried.I just can't wait to see this awesome scene animated.This is going to be so awesome.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:47   Link #3085
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
The part where Kirino crawls into Kyousuke's bed happens back home right???
I don't know whether such a scene exists. But if it exists, I suspect it happens in this chapter 4, considering they are in a hotel room that has only one bed. But for today, this was it. The next part(s) are coming tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-11, 16:52   Link #3086
Wilshere

Quote:
I don't know whether such a scene exists. But if it exists, I suspect it happens in this chapter 4, considering they are in a hotel room that has only one bed. But for today, this was it. The next part(s) are coming tomorrow.
Oh,well thx for the info and again thx for your work and I cant wait for more tomorrow cheers mate! I saw some more spoilers that indicate about the ''futon date'' whether it is in Chapter 4 or not I dont know

Last edited by Wilshere; 2013-06-11 at 17:08.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 17:32   Link #3087
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
Part 3 Chapter 4

Thank you for your hard work.

PS: Listening to Ano Hana's theme song, while reading this chapter, really made me cry like a little girl :P .
Old 2013-06-11, 18:05   Link #3088
Soverence

Quote:
Part 3 Chapter 4

The entire chapter 4 is just too cute, I am not sure I can take anymore of this chapter x.x, it might kill me. I honestly like how Kirino is still being all Tsun but you can just tell that she is basically as giddy as a schoolgirl inside
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:26   Link #3089
DevG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
The entire chapter 4 is just too cute, I am not sure I can take anymore of this chapter x.x, it might kill me. I honestly like how Kirino is still being all Tsun but you can just tell that she is basically as giddy as a schoolgirl inside
If you say it like that, how can I possibly wait for the official chapters?? My hearts pounding just thinking about it! Really holding out is killing me! Good work though, I hope I have enough control!
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:33   Link #3090
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG View Post
If you say it like that, how can I possibly wait for the official chapters?? My hearts pounding just thinking about it! Really holding out is killing me! Good work though, I hope I have enough control!
Stay strong, I'm holding out too for full translations because I don't really want to read everything twice and be subject to a double dose of emotions
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:34   Link #3091
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
That is Kirino for you. Being Tsun but you can guess she is happy about this. This relationship is really special between them that is why i like it. , i understand why she wanted to play the eroge further after the confession of Kyousuke. It is all to give him a hint what her feelings are towards him. From volume 1 till now i havent seen Kirino being straightforward with her feelings. She uses only the life counseling or eroge to show her feelings towards her brother.

The writter really did a great job on this. KIRINO YOU ARE CUTE!!!!!!
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 22:41   Link #3092
Sumeragi
Banned

Has the Ruri scene been translated yet?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 23:04   Link #3093
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Has the Ruri scene been translated yet?
Yep, it was. And it's the saddest thing (POS imo, thanks to SignUp for translating though) i've read in a while.

sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 23:08   Link #3094
finalfury
Incognito

I come back here after reliving my childhood(FFXV and KH3 FTW), and well, I dunno whats going on anymore. :/
-goes back to see eyegasmic trailer-
On-topic: Glad to see the summaries still coming out, thanks SignUp.
Old 2013-06-11, 23:14   Link #3095
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

As a Kuroneko fan, I'm definitely sad she doesn't have that silver lining. For all she has done for the siblings she deserves more. Hopefully Tsukasa Sensei writes a new series with her starring, a guy can dream right... It's pretty bitter sweet, I'm happy for Kirino but sad for Kuroneko.
Old 2013-06-12, 01:08   Link #3096
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

It may be a little late to post this, but i still want to get my thoughts down. I still see so many people angry about the ambiguous parts of the ending, and it pains me to see a series that I cherish receive so much hate, especially when those people haven't read enough of the source material yet. I'm sure everyone in this thread has already made up their minds about the ending, but if my opinion could change the minds of a few lurkers that would be great as well.

Oreimo was initially at its core, a slice of life comedy. I think that an ending with some ambiguity is appropriate for these slice of life stories, because it allows the reader to imagine the "crazy antics" the characters could be up to, just as the author said he wanted in his afterword. If you have a definitive ending, there is really no room for imagination, and the story becomes a life story, not a slice of life. So I think it's nice to see Fushimi go back to Oreimo's roots.
The problem is, a proper ending for a romance story should be a definitive one. If we have don't have a clear and set-in-stone ending, there can't really be any closure for the feelings we've invested in a series. I think Fushimi's biggest mistake was perhaps delving too far into the romantic aspects of Oreimo. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved those parts of the story, but we then saw arguments of who was the "best girl" and who should win and it had turned into a straight up "waifu war".
So now we have these fans so emotionally invested in the romantic aspects of the story who want a clear, definitve ending, but we also have this slice of life story for which an ambiguous ending is more appropriate. So what the author has done is made a sort of compromise between these two genres. By having the two siblings no longer pursue a romantic relationship, the story is able to leave future events up to the readers' imaginations. But with the two admitting their true feelings for each other and Kyousuke turning down all the other girls, we still get some degree of romantic closure by making Kyousuke's feeling definitive and set in stone. Fushimi has written such an ending that he is able to remain true to Oreimo's roots, but still able to give us some romantic closure, which is why i don't think the ending is "shit", or a "cop-out", or bad writing.
Old 2013-06-12, 01:10   Link #3097
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Bleh ... guess I'll be collecting all the Kuroneko swag I can to add her to my all time favorite characters list who appear to be Destined For Better Things Than The Protagonist (alongside Motoko Aoyama and others).

Quote:
By having the two siblings no longer pursue a romantic relationship
The problem is that fails a believability check for human psychology. That's really not how people function unless they weren't in eros/agape type love in the first place and the story is forcefully written to deny that since Kyou was so assertive about his declarations both against the other women and for Kirino.

I suppose we could argue that Kyou just set himself up for lifelong celibacy after shooting down his friends and then proclaiming he wouldn't get physical with Kirino.
Old 2013-06-12, 01:23   Link #3098
Sumeragi
Banned

It will be interesting to see what happens 10 years later.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 01:26   Link #3099
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The problem is that fails a believability check for human psychology. That's really not how people function unless they weren't in eros/agape type love in the first place
I feel that actually makes it more believable because it shows how deeply they've thought about the social repercussions. I'm sure many others would hesitate to pursue the relationship if it meant hellfire raining down from society.

I guess in Kyousuke's quest to grab another woman's breasts he has managed to grab no breasts in the end
Old 2013-06-12, 01:46   Link #3100
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
I feel that actually makes it more believable because it shows how deeply they've thought about the social repercussions. I'm sure many others would hesitate to pursue the relationship if it meant hellfire raining down from society.

I guess in Kyousuke's quest to grab another woman's breasts he has managed to grab no breasts in the end
He managed Kirino's lol although by accident but he did

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings