AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-26, 20:48   Link #3101
NovelReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
If you want to do it like this, there's a better way. You can use a packet sniffer and check the drops before fighting. And exit immediately if there are none.
Too lazy haha.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 20:52   Link #3102
larethian

Actually, you should use it if you are really lazy. It just takes 10-15 seconds to check a run, then quit the battle before even fighting if there are zero useful drops. It's so fast and easy. It's because I'm lazy that I use it.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 21:00   Link #3103
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Hi, I just downloaded the app and I was wondering: I heard that one has to reroll (or something like that) to get a good servant after finishing the tutorial, is that true?
"Has to"? No.

Highly recommended? Very much so.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 21:09   Link #3104
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
"Has to"? No.

Highly recommended? Very much so.
Ah thanks, I might as well go for it then. I suppose that in order to reroll I have to close the app or something like that?

Edit: found the explanation lol.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 22:24   Link #3105
Unknown Soldier
:D

They nerfed rerolling awhile back, it's kind of a pain in the ass now.

But with how the RNG seems to work in this game, an account which is created 'unlucky' tends to stay unlucky forever. Rerollling is probably worth it if you have the spare time.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 22:33   Link #3106
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Didn't they just make it so you had to uninstall and reinstall? It's not that bad. It's how I did it back on day 1/2 since the other methods weren't working for me anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 22:38   Link #3107
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Didn't they just make it so you had to uninstall and reinstall? It's not that bad. It's how I did it back on day 1/2 since the other methods weren't working for me anyway.
I went through reroll hell to get Jeanne way back then. I was so tired for doing it for so long that I pretty much have half given up & decided that at the very least I wanted a 4-start Servant I liked...

But then this happened.

If you see this, then RNG-sama has smiled upon thee...(saying that she'll toy with you later)
Old 2015-10-26, 22:46   Link #3108
larethian

Quote:
I tried on bluestacks the other day (Saturday or Friday). Deleting all the save files still work.

Problem is tutorials cannot be fast-fwded. Up until you do your first 'forced' gacha roll, then one battle later.
Old 2015-10-27, 01:25   Link #3109
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
You can check your drops in the menu O.o.
Edit: phew finally got a talon after 2 apples. /RNG at its finest.
Ah after trying it in-game I see what you mean. I didn't know you can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
If you want to do it like this, there's a better way. You can use a packet sniffer and check the drops before fighting. And exit immediately if there are none.
Ah I've tried this too and already have a setup for it when I was desperate for reverse scales. The funny thing is... just right after I finished setting-up and confirmed it's working... I got the scale so I haven't used it again since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post

But with how the RNG seems to work in this game, an account which is created 'unlucky' tends to stay unlucky forever. Rerollling is probably worth it if you have the spare time.
The nerf is simply you need to do more stages before you get enough free quartz to roll although back during the event where you can buy the gold chest off the mana prism shop was the easiest time to re-roll. Simply buy the gold chest and if none of the free tickets were good then just restart right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Hi, I just downloaded the app and I was wondering: I heard that one has to reroll (or something like that) to get a good servant after finishing the tutorial, is that true?
The alternative is you ask for a decent giveaway account when someone posts one in reddit(nowadays giveaway accounts are much fewer though...) or buy a really cheap starter account(like 4 dollars for an alter account).
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2015-10-27 at 01:46.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 01:48   Link #3110
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
The nerf is simply you need to do more stages before you get enough free quartz to roll although back during the event where you can buy the gold chest off the mana prism shop was the easiest time to re-roll. Simply buy the gold chest and if none of the free tickets were good then just restart right there.
Yeah pretty much, I don't think you need to do all of Fuyuki to roll but it's more than it used to be. When I was attempting rerolls I think you had to do like 2 battles after the tutorial and that was it, roll and abandon at that point.

I didn't think of the event though, oh well. I'm not going to reroll anymore damn accounts anyways, life is too short for that

Quote:
The alternative is you ask for a decent giveaway account when someone posts one in reddit(nowadays giveaway accounts are much fewer though...) or buy a really cheap starter account.
Giveaway accounts are fewer now because fewer people are attempting rerolls now.

Starter accounts have gotten more expensive too because rerolling takes longer now.
Old 2015-10-27, 02:28   Link #3111
larethian

It just further punishes people who can't write bots, while those can just need to make some changes.
Old 2015-10-27, 02:42   Link #3112
Unknown Soldier

Just be glad they didn't do something horrible like some games do and tie your account to your Android ID or Apple ID. Rerolling seems to be generally allowed in this game, and account buying/trading/selling doesn't get the accounts banned. DW could have really been mean about clamping down on that kind of thing but they've let it slide for awhile now. A lot of Mobages are pretty lenient about it, they probably feel like they benefit more from the increased activity in the long run because players will play more, discuss more, and generate more word of mouth.

They need to do something about the refunding though, that is something that will kill them if they don't address it. Most of the time, refunding in a Mobage results in an immediate account deletion and perma-ban from the game. I'm not sure what the deal is with it in this game, DW are genuinely incompetent for not being able to identify accounts which do refunds and ban them.
Old 2015-10-27, 08:58   Link #3113
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Still no talon drops. I need a ton of them. I'll probably use some apples to do the monster hunt on Friday if nothing drops at all.

Maintenance tomorrow, 14:00-16:00 JST. They're going to remove the shop items for the 4M DL event(the one using Mana Prisms). A bug fix on friend requests. A fix on the Track Team CE as there isn't any illustrator credited. And of course some typo fixes.
1 quartz compensation.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 10:54   Link #3114
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

100 roll and no 5 star servants appear! Time to retire until 4th chapter appear. No regret....
Old 2015-10-27, 12:16   Link #3115
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
100 roll and no 5 star servants appear! Time to retire until 4th chapter appear. No regret....
neva neva givu apu
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 12:20   Link #3116
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Guerrilla quests are getting harder and harder. But I got almost everything I wanted from the event. To bad no talon drops yet. i need some for Kintoki, Herk and Martha.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 12:31   Link #3117
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
neva neva givu apu
That song was driving me crazy with 2 Good claiming a victim yet another almost-FC attempt.

But yeah, London is geting closer, but it's still months away,
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 12:52   Link #3118
larethian

Quote:
I thought unlock takes place after the 3rd chapter = Okeanos?

35 rolls later, got Nyanmamo and a bunch of halloween CE (Mashu & Pumpkin) which is already useless to me since I got everything I wanted from the event.
orz

My streak is normalizing which is not a bad thing, and the good news is:
I got K-SCOPE from one of the YOLOs!! KITAAAAAAAAAA!
\o/

The rest are shit. Wait, I did get another hollow magic as well. The rest are shit or prisms or CE exp folder with a bunch of keys, shinjis, moon cells, and the 100% crit weightage card. Too tired to even use my AP. I hope they increase the level cap. I need to be away to stay away from the game for 16-18 hours without wasting AP......

I hope they give a discounted quartz sales during Christmas. I need to write that in the feedback form.
Old 2015-10-27, 12:53   Link #3119
NovelReader

Quote:
I did like 500 rolls for Tamamo Caster(At least I got Arturia!!)......No regrets......until Scathach comes out What to do with 1300 prisms now....
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 13:01   Link #3120
larethian

^ Your "no regret" level is too much for me for a 2D game.

If you can spend so much, and there's a servant you absolutely want, you should be able to get him or her in 2300-2500 rolls (~ 95% chance), and you probably will get 80-90% of the gold servants. Not that I'm encouraging you or anything. As a matter of fact, use some of that to do some charity instead.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon