AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 14:15   Link #31241
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So I got my order from GG Infinite. But inside with my MGs, there was this white cardboard box with it. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to come with the kits, but not sure which it's for and what it's doing in there. Could someone help?

If it helps, the MGs that were in the order was MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2, MG Age-2 Normal SP Ver, and MG Strike Rouge Ootori...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-21, 14:45   Link #31242
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
So I got my order from GG Infinite. But inside with my MGs, there was this white cardboard box with it. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to come with the kits, but not sure which it's for and what it's doing in there. Could someone help?

If it helps, the MGs that were in the order was MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2, MG Age-2 Normal SP Ver, and MG Strike Rouge Ootori...

Spoiler:
Its for the AGE-1 Unit 2...
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 14:47   Link #31243
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Its for the AGE-1 Unit 2...
So what exactly is it for? Isn't it just a color swap of the existing Age-1 Normal MG?
Old 2013-10-21, 14:49   Link #31244
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
So what exactly is it for? Isn't it just a color swap of the existing Age-1 Normal MG?
I have no idea
Old 2013-10-21, 16:01   Link #31245
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I have no idea
Here's what I got from GG himself when I asked.

Bandai made a mistake with those runners for the MG AGE-1 Unit 2 kit, so they ship out these replacement runners with the item.

maybe some part doesn't match, not sure. But they were fast to fix the mistake when they ship out the orders.

So there is probably some minor issue, and Bandai rushed to correct it and shipped it out to their wholesellers and retailers.

=D

So I guess this first print run of the P-Bandai Online Exclusive is extra rare? OH?!?!?!
Old 2013-10-21, 17:59   Link #31246
Knight-of-Gold

Faulty first run does not make it extra rare. It makes people less enthusiastic to get it.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 20:11   Link #31247
Aurelis
Daydreamer

It's an AGE kit. Not some highly sought product like a limited run kit. Regular Gunpla isn't like trading cards, which is why I told my friend that his PG Strike Freedom isn't going to raise in value. I can still find those old Turn A and Wing kits, and Expo kits in stores at discounted prices

Slightly off-topic but I hope Bandai starts releasing more of their decals along with the upcoming ones. I like the pre-cut official ones.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:09   Link #31248
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
It's an AGE kit. Not some highly sought product like a limited run kit. Regular Gunpla isn't like trading cards, which is why I told my friend that his PG Strike Freedom isn't going to raise in value. I can still find those old Turn A and Wing kits, and Expo kits in stores at discounted prices

Slightly off-topic but I hope Bandai starts releasing more of their decals along with the upcoming ones. I like the pre-cut official ones.
Like Magic the Gathering? Rofl, some of the cards I currently own are worth more than most of the Gunpla I got

Well to be fair some kits DO raise in price as they become harder to find.....for example the MG Heine Destiny Im trying to find, cheapest I have seen is Ebay approx $120 including shipping
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 01:04   Link #31249
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
ANA kits should cost a bomb now for all scale of it...,
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 15:59   Link #31250
suiton629
Master Grade Master

A friend is interested in doing GunPla again and I told him I'd get him some to spark his interest.

His experience with it was back years ago when he got the 1/100 No Grade Wing Zero kit at this mall.

Anyway, I was thinking about giving him a big starter set since it's also his birthday.
I laid it out on my blog, but basically thinking about getting him:

MG RX-78-2 Ver. 3.0 + Expansion Set
RG RX-78-2
HG RX-78-2 30th Anniversary Version
SD RX-78-2 Animation Color Version

Since those are the newest MG, RG, HG, and SD releases for the RX-78-2.
Old 2013-10-22, 16:13   Link #31251
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
A friend is interested in doing GunPla again and I told him I'd get him some to spark his interest.

His experience with it was back years ago when he got the 1/100 No Grade Wing Zero kit at this mall.

Anyway, I was thinking about giving him a big starter set since it's also his birthday.
I laid it out on my blog, but basically thinking about getting him:

MG RX-78-2 Ver. 3.0 + Expansion Set
RG RX-78-2
HG RX-78-2 30th Anniversary Version
SD RX-78-2 Animation Color Version

Since those are the newest MG, RG, HG, and SD releases for the RX-78-2.
STAY AWAY FROM THE RG! Its a hand grenade, always ready to explode into pieces!
Old 2013-10-22, 16:15   Link #31252
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
STAY AWAY FROM THE RG! Its a hand grenade, always ready to explode into pieces!
WHAT?! Bandai put a frag grenade inside each one?

But what's wrong with it?
Old 2013-10-22, 16:17   Link #31253
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
WHAT?! Bandai put a frag grenade inside each one?

But what's wrong with it?
It turns into a hand grenade as soon as you try to do something with it. Pieces falling off EVERYWHERE. Easily the worst Real Grade.
Old 2013-10-22, 17:23   Link #31254
Knight-of-Gold

Why the RX-78? Why not the new MG Wing Zero proto to show him how far gunpla kits has progressed?
Old 2013-10-22, 17:38   Link #31255
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Why the RX-78? Why not the new MG Wing Zero proto to show him how far gunpla kits has progressed?
I don't want him to get too excited. Like if I get MG Proto Zero, then he might be tempted to get all the other MG Wing kits...and I don't have that kinda money to buy him all that.

And I was thinking about RX-78-2 since I do remember him watching the original and enjoying it.

Speaking of which..

Why is the Expansion Set for the Ver. 3.0 so expensive and sold out everywhere?!
Old 2013-10-22, 17:41   Link #31256
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
I don't want him to get too excited. Like if I get MG Proto Zero, then he might be tempted to get all the other MG Wing kits...and I don't have that kinda money to buy him all that.

And I was thinking about RX-78-2 since I do remember him watching the original and enjoying it.

Speaking of which..

Why is the Expansion Set for the Ver. 3.0 so expensive and sold out everywhere?!
Why would you have to buy him the other MGs? Is your friend incapable of spending money on their own?

The expansion set is expensive now because it was online exclusive that was released months ago. But its not really important anymore because people will be able to buy waterslides separately in a few weeks.
Old 2013-10-22, 17:50   Link #31257
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Why would you have to buy him the other MGs? Is your friend incapable of spending money on their own?

The expansion set is expensive now because it was online exclusive that was released months ago. But its not really important anymore because people will be able to buy waterslides separately in a few weeks.
He is. But I just don't want him to get too crazy with buying GunPla, since, believe it or not, he can actually go more berserk than what I do if he gets into something.

What do I mean berserk? He'd probably buy 2x of every variation....
Old 2013-10-22, 18:03   Link #31258
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The fact that he had to buy his friend quite a number of kits just to "spark his interest" and spending a lot of money in the process is pretty weird to begin with. Unless suiton is a really rich-dude with the tendency to spoil his friends (which I assume he isn't coz he always complain about his salary in many occasions), I think this "friend" of his doesn't really exist and just his excuse to post things in this thread.
Old 2013-10-22, 18:12   Link #31259
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Think what you want. Anyway, I just wanted some input on the situation and what you guys thought about what I was considering.

Shame that people like Obelisk ze Tormentor can't be more welcoming or assisting and instead insists on writing such kinds of comments that really don't help.

Anyway...

Let me ask elsewhere then.
Old 2013-10-22, 19:10   Link #31260
Sworra

Repeat.. we heard this before, and it turns out in the end that he will change his mind. People stop feeding the troll.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy