AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-12-03, 19:08   Link #3121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The ridiculousness of the whole chapter lessened the hit, but the backstory of the owner is actually really fucking sad when you think about it.
Old 2020-12-03, 19:11   Link #3122
Wandering Soul

Yeah, that was surprisingly dark for a Ramen chapter.
Old 2020-12-04, 06:38   Link #3123
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Akasaka Aka is the mad man
I won't be surprised if his next manga is about ramen eater shounen story
Old 2020-12-07, 06:15   Link #3124
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Spoiler for Ch. 201:
Old 2020-12-09, 19:53   Link #3125
Shadow5YA

I totally forgot Mikado was supposed to be threatening after the India chapter with Maki

It looks like the final Untouchable Beauty of Shuichin, Shiranui, finally made an appearance. We also have some faces and names for the teachers now.
Old 2020-12-10, 02:21   Link #3126
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Look like we have found a good match for Fujiwara .
Shindou the man of meme
Old 2020-12-10, 07:53   Link #3127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I totally forgot Mikado was supposed to be threatening after the India chapter with Maki

It looks like the final Untouchable Beauty of Shuichin, Shiranui, finally made an appearance. We also have some faces and names for the teachers now.
Maybe Mikado shouldn't have been introduced during that Maki chapter. I can't take him seriously after this

Oh, and that girl is the final beauty? Heh, she doesn't look that pretty.
Old 2020-12-10, 08:12   Link #3128
WingedAccelerator

Mikado should be threatening? It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know or cares about Miyuki and everything about their "rivalry" is one-sided from Miyuki. Like Kaguya's envy and curses towards Fujiwara, but this time it's the male version.
Old 2020-12-10, 08:54   Link #3129
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe Mikado shouldn't have been introduced during that Maki chapter. I can't take him seriously after this

Oh, and that girl is the final beauty? Heh, she doesn't look that pretty.
Yeah, she looks pretty generic. Hayasaka's friends look even better.

and while Mikado looks pretty chad in this chapter, we all know that he will be a pushover in front of Maki, so it is pretty hard to take him seriously for now.

Also, I love the running joke that everyone knows Shindou except for Kaguya and Miyuki.

Maybe the writer is making fun of the typical "popular guy" trope that has zero presence and we literally heard anything about him in the entire manga but somehow very popular among others.
Old 2020-12-10, 10:13   Link #3130
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Mikado should be threatening? It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know or cares about Miyuki and everything about their "rivalry" is one-sided from Miyuki. Like Kaguya's envy and curses towards Fujiwara, but this time it's the male version.
Reminder that Miyuki felt that he had to be #1 in his class to talk to Kaguya, one-sided or not.

Considering Maki was #3 in their class (now #2), more than likely Mikado was #1. He probably just left to live abroad (because remember, the Shijos are based abroad after the Shinomiyas ousted them)
Old 2020-12-10, 11:49   Link #3131
Lex79

Oww that any sort of rivalry between President and Mikado would be basically pointless, I wonder if Aka is going to turn him into a President x Kaguya shipper instead.
Old 2020-12-10, 11:56   Link #3132
SirCopert

In my opinion Shiranui is pretty.
Old 2020-12-10, 12:30   Link #3133
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I believe in Aka on not following the common rivalry troupe
please don't turn this manga into generic romcom

it is little bit painful to see that Ishigami-Miko's relationship is still stuck

while principal is a good Prez-Kaguya shipper
Old 2020-12-10, 12:38   Link #3134
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder what is the headmaster is planning to do here. How does having all the "elite" students in one class will help Kaguya? Why does he sound like he was aware of Kaguya's big-brother problem and trying to help her?
Old 2020-12-10, 13:10   Link #3135
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Reminder that Miyuki felt that he had to be #1 in his class to talk to Kaguya, one-sided or not.

Considering Maki was #3 in their class (now #2), more than likely Mikado was #1. He probably just left to live abroad (because remember, the Shijos are based abroad after the Shinomiyas ousted them)
Mikado went to a local public school instead of Shuchi'in so he could play football with a friend of his. He only pushed himself to get 1st in the nation because his parents were worried about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I wonder what is the headmaster is planning to do here. How does having all the "elite" students in one class will help Kaguya? Why does he sound like he was aware of Kaguya's big-brother problem and trying to help her?
This basically goes into spoilers from the light novel.

Spoiler for light novel:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2020-12-10, 13:42   Link #3136
WingedAccelerator

Quote:

How is it relevant to what I have said? We knew Mikado was higher ranked than Miyuki, we knew Miyuki wanted to beat him, but since he got Kaguya and they did talk over his complexes, all I'm implying is that Aka baits with Mikado's ominous introduction and if there is or will be any beef between him and Miyuki, it's entirely Miyuki's imagination.
Old 2020-12-10, 16:50   Link #3137
James Rye

*Finally buries his hopes to see the cruiser dinner of Kaguya and Fujiwara*

Ah, the rumored Mikado we all already know about and about who only Shirogane seems to waste calories thinking about. And the gang is all together in one class now, yay.
Old 2020-12-10, 19:39   Link #3138
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
How is it relevant to what I have said? We knew Mikado was higher ranked than Miyuki, we knew Miyuki wanted to beat him, but since he got Kaguya and they did talk over his complexes, all I'm implying is that Aka baits with Mikado's ominous introduction and if there is or will be any beef between him and Miyuki, it's entirely Miyuki's imagination.
I'm saying that it's not like Miyuki's complexes went away. I never disagreed that any rivalry they have will be one-sided, but Miyuki's inferiority complexes are far more real and serious for him than Kaguya's jealously towards Fujiwara ever was.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2020-12-10 at 22:05.
Old 2020-12-10, 19:50   Link #3139
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Shiranui feels like someone who will take seat of best girl after Hayasaka.

Hopefully Shindou live up to his reputation as we can't rely to Fujiwara anymore for comedy at this point.

Old 2020-12-11, 08:30   Link #3140
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fujiwara x Shindou is the new OTP.

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life