AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-24, 19:23   Link #3121
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
@DragonOsman You make a very valid point. Haruka said that Lamirous is so strong because of his connection to a bad feeling or memory. In volume 10 Mediath as Lamirous actually forced ayato into battling him seriously by taunting him with what he did to Haruka in the Eclipse, Ayato became instantly infuriated and exceeded his own power in that moment and attacked lamirous in like a split second as if he wanted to kill him. He didn't even give lamirous a chance to finish his sentence. Even then Ayato still straddled the line and did not let his emotions dictate his actions. Lamirous saw this and recognized his influx of power from his words, but the moment he said, " Haruka taught you well..." Ayato was like disgusted that he even said her name and went after him again, only twice as hard and with more percision. What's troubling is that Mediath knows how to push his buttons and exploit his weakness he clearly has the advantage. I think that Ayato has what it takes to defeat Mediath because Haruka said that Ayato has more Prana then lamirous. How ayato taps into or harnesses that power and in what way would determine the outcome.**I wouldn't be surprised that if something happens to Haurka his father may be the one to teach him the final moves/techniques of his sword style**

I agree that he might be able to keep his feelings in check, but it depends on when he finds out lamirous true identity and the circumstances around it. If Ayato knows he can't beat him yet I think he will not approach him, but search for another way and maybe get Julis to help or her opinion at least (although I don't think there is anything she can do to help the situation other than forfeit the match or for her sake encounter Ophelia before Ayato does).

The reason why I think this way is because when Ayato and Haruka fought Lamirous they knew that he was her father before their swords crossed. But when he tortured Haruka with the shards and she started screaming in pain, Ayato couldn't take it and begged him to stop and gave-up and put ser-versta away, he just held onto/ embraced Haruka believing that lamirous was going to kill them both. It's as if he'd rather lose and die with her, then watch her suffer and die alone. We know Ayato thought this because when lamirous was leaving, Ayato said,"you're not going to kill us" then he gave some long speech about how he couldn't be stopped and essentially it would cause more trouble to kill them, then keep them alive.

The issue with Claudia is no matter how many times she dreams, Pandora keeps showing Ayato killing her. I'm wondering if something is going to happen to where Ayato feels betrayed by her. The only thing I could think of is maybe she'll withhold some information or something or he's not in his right mind. I can't imagine him actually wanting to kill her unless she became his enemy.

But like you I also think that maybe Haruka and Claudia are going to work together, but Claudia can also be so manipulative and she has no problems with allowing people to fall into danger presuming they will be saved. It's going to come down to where her loyalty lies, Haruka, Ayato or Galaxy/Isabella. If she used Haruka to achieve her agenda of capturing Varda whom is there number one target next to Mediath and something happened to Haruka in the process, I can't imagine that sitting well with Ayato and he may despise her for it. But I can definitely see Haruka going along with any of Claudia's and Isabella's plans to try to correct the mistakes she's made and absolve her guilt.
i didn't know pandora is now showing ayato killing claudia, to tell the truth i do not like this, the reason claudia fall for ayato is because he was the only one not killing her in dreams, this could destroy claudia's love for ayato and i hate that really much, i want claudia to stay in love with him.
Old 2018-01-24, 21:12   Link #3122
carmolita

@Roberto1 Yep, it started showing her dreams of Ayato killing her after the incident at the port, but according to her it hasn't shown her anything useful yet. She's not bothered by it and used to seeing these visions now.
I don't trust Claudia anymore... mainly because for 6 months Haruka and Helga have been searching for lamarious and still haven't found him (on top of trying to keep asterisk safe because of the influx of people), and Claudia is sitting at home and has already known about lamarious's true identity for a long time and kept it to herself, but galaxy's main target right now is Varda and lamirous is just a bonus. Claudia's epilogue said that there is trouble brewing inside and outside of the lindwurm - nobody still knows what he's planning and that she is going to focus on the outside events.
So I think that eventually claudia, haruka, and helga are going to be focusing and dealing with things that have to do with Varda. And Saya, Sylvia, and Ayato or going to deal with things happening within the lindwurm. Kirin is probably going to help everywhere like support everyone.

**I really hope they deal with Varda carefully because she is not too fond of her host body and I don't want her to do a body switch which is one of the things that makes that lux so dangerous. Ser-versta is really the only one that can deal with it/ protect someone from its power. I really wish Haruka could seal it's power but her power is not going to work on it unless the ogra lux wants/ allows her to.

@DragonOsman I too hope if Claudia ends up betraying Ayato in some way that it get's resolved quickly, but as long as he focuses on the competition he won't have to get involved in any of the shady stuff that the others are dealing with. Kirin has also gotten much stronger now in her past 7 months, She needs to be if she may take on Ayato later. Saya is still trying to grow her chest bigger, and her father kind of wants her and Ayato to become a couple, It's not said outright but implied in her epilogue when she is talking to her father.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 09:40   Link #3123
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
@Roberto1 Yep, it started showing her dreams of Ayato killing her after the incident at the port, but according to her it hasn't shown her anything useful yet. She's not bothered by it and used to seeing these visions now.
I don't trust Claudia anymore... mainly because for 6 months Haruka and Helga have been searching for lamarious and still haven't found him (on top of trying to keep asterisk safe because of the influx of people), and Claudia is sitting at home and has already known about lamarious's true identity for a long time and kept it to herself, but galaxy's main target right now is Varda and lamirous is just a bonus. Claudia's epilogue said that there is trouble brewing inside and outside of the lindwurm - nobody still knows what he's planning and that she is going to focus on the outside events.
So I think that eventually claudia, haruka, and helga are going to be focusing and dealing with things that have to do with Varda. And Saya, Sylvia, and Ayato or going to deal with things happening within the lindwurm. Kirin is probably going to help everywhere like support everyone.

**I really hope they deal with Varda carefully because she is not too fond of her host body and I don't want her to do a body switch which is one of the things that makes that lux so dangerous. Ser-versta is really the only one that can deal with it/ protect someone from its power. I really wish Haruka could seal it's power but her power is not going to work on it unless the ogra lux wants/ allows her to.

@DragonOsman I too hope if Claudia ends up betraying Ayato in some way that it get's resolved quickly, but as long as he focuses on the competition he won't have to get involved in any of the shady stuff that the others are dealing with. Kirin has also gotten much stronger now in her past 7 months, She needs to be if she may take on Ayato later. Saya is still trying to grow her chest bigger, and her father kind of wants her and Ayato to become a couple, It's not said outright but implied in her epilogue when she is talking to her father.
Hey, but epilogue take place right before the opening ceremony! And most likely Claudia already shared all information she held with other members or the Anti-GBA alliance.

And since you mentioned Valda's body swap then I have to drop another suggestion: what if Valda at some point of time take Kirin in possesion? It'd be so drastic I can ever imagine it! =)))) Unrivalled dual-wielding Kirin with Orga lux plus metal-interference abilities of Valda what could be worse? =))
Old 2018-01-27, 14:56   Link #3124
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Rezel: Would Claudia tell Ayato about Laminamorus' true identity, though? I think she's hiding it from him to protect him. He'd lose it if he found out. Though if she handles it poorly, he'll also lose it when he finds out that she hid it from him. He'll probably feel betrayed at that point. Hopefully it all goes well in the long run and nothing too bad happens.

@carmolita: I still like Claudia. The only thing that'll get me to hate her would be her trying to kill Ayato or the other girls. And even then, it'll depend on her reasons. And yeah, like I said to Rezel just now, I think she's trying to protect Ayato by not telling him that Mediath is Laminamorus. Like you said yourself, though, she could also be trying to deal with all of the shady stuff herself so that Ayato doesn't have to. Again: to protect him.
Old 2018-01-27, 17:42   Link #3125
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Rezel: Would Claudia tell Ayato about Laminamorus' true identity, though? I think she's hiding it from him to protect him. He'd lose it if he found out. Though if she handles it poorly, he'll also lose it when he finds out that she hid it from him. He'll probably feel betrayed at that point. Hopefully it all goes well in the long run and nothing too bad happens.

@carmolita: I still like Claudia. The only thing that'll get me to hate her would be her trying to kill Ayato or the other girls. And even then, it'll depend on her reasons. And yeah, like I said to Rezel just now, I think she's trying to protect Ayato by not telling him that Mediath is Laminamorus. Like you said yourself, though, she could also be trying to deal with all of the shady stuff herself so that Ayato doesn't have to. Again: to protect him.
i agree claudiua is a good girl, she is in love and she would never betray ayato.
Old 2018-01-27, 17:43   Link #3126
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, but if she does something that makes him feel betrayed? There's still that worry and I just hope that if it does happen, things will turn out okay in the end.
Old 2018-01-28, 05:34   Link #3127
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:

It wasn't stated in epilogue, maybe yes maybe not.
Old 2018-01-28, 17:12   Link #3128
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So we don't know if she told him yet or not?
Old 2018-01-28, 22:03   Link #3129
Roberto1

Quote:
So we don't know if she told him yet or not?
even if she did not tell him, i am sure is for his sake, i trust claudia, she is a good girl.
Old 2018-01-29, 09:40   Link #3130
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, I agree completely. I just want to know if she has already told him or if there are signs that she will at some point.
Old 2018-02-04, 16:18   Link #3131
carmolita

@DragonOsman I think that the Anti-GBA alliance knows about Laminamorus identity, but I don't think that Ayato and the others know. Rezel is correct when he says that the Epilogue doesn't tell you if they do or do not know about Laminamorus tue identity, but there is enough information there to assume they do not know and for these reasons. As Rezel stated the Epilogue takes place before the opening ceremony. This is happening on the day of the lindwurm mostly in the morning.
a) it says that Haruka and Helga are still looking for Laminamorous- They wouldn't be doing that if they knew who he was

b) Krin is just training and reminiscing ~she's being too casual or care free and suppose to be investigating as they still do not know what laminamorus plan is

c)Saya is focusing on strengthening her guns preparing to assist Ayato and casually talking to her father

d) Ayato is just upset about Julis?!?!? That's the main reason I think he does not know, because in vol 10 Ayato went up against Varda and Laminarous, In vol. 11 Claudia, Isabella, Sylvia and Ayato met at the Rikki/ rikiku (it's the most expensive hotel in Asterisk). There they made a deal with Sylvia to work together on the Varda issue, during that meeting when Claudia and Isabella got to the heart of the issue. Sylvia said, " So now it's my turn" then Ayato shocked Sylvia and said, "Now it's OUR turn, Laminarous is my sisters enemy" , and then the whole swearing to secrecy thing. So in vol 12. When Ayato heard from Haruka about Varda and Laminorous it was no secret to him. He just didn't know the full details of how it tied in with Haruka. So my point is in Claudia's Epilogue. She talks about how they found out Laminorous Identity and because of the lack of evidence they are willing to let Laminorous go but they want Varda, so the Anti-GBA alliance knows because they are the ones who came up with that suggestion, but If Ayato knew that they are willing to let his sister's enemy go...he would be Mad as Hell and may have thought of some crazy plan to get out of the Lindwurm and save his sister instead of thinking/ worrying about coming up against/ his relationship with Julis . That's why I think that he doesn't know yet.
~Assuming he doesn't know, I do think he will find out but the circumstances surrounding it remain to be seen. I still don't think that he is totally into this Lindwurm, but we also haven't seen his dark side yet, we only caught a teeny tiny glimpse of it in vol 10. But if they get Varda, then Laminamorus identity can easily be discovered, because it's not his mask that keeps people from finding out who he is ~it's Varda's mind manipulation. But Varda switches bodies so easily and has had a lot of them and the person who finds those bodies for her to posses is Mediath.

@Rezel I've been so worried about Varda swapping bodies **gives me the chills**(Everytime I think about that ogra lux, it reminds me of Carla from Record of the Loddus War). Since she dislikes her current body so much and scolded Mediath for picking it, you just know she's going to take over someone else. Since Kirin is doing all the investigative stuff by herself... It could be easy for Varda to take her body since her prana is not as high as the others to fight her off.... That would be bad if that happened.
It would be even worse if Haurka was taken over, can you imagine Haruka using her strega abilities to bind someone's powers and then use Varda's mind manipulation, the person wouldn't stand a chance. Ayato also wouldn't be able to touch Varda for fear of harming his sister- hope that scenario never comes true. But it's not going to be easy for them to capture Varda, I wonder how they're going to do it. Hopefully Claudia has a stockpile from pandora ...

What is it that Claudia is hoping to gain from Varda's creator? I know that he also created Pandora, Isn't he also the one that created Kirins orga lux?

@Roberto1 I agree with @DragonOsman on the Claudia keeping information to protect Ayato, but if she doesn't tell him and trust him it could go badly if something happens to someone he cares about and he misunderstands. When it comes to Isabella and Ayato, Claudia will choose Isabella, but if it came down to Ayato and Haruka she would choose Ayato. In the past, she has not always been forthcoming with information with Ayato because of her sources. But she tries in her own way to help him out, I think she's trying to do that now with her constant use of pandora but Pandora is not showing her anything useful. She is pratical so I'm sure she'll find a way

Last edited by carmolita; 2018-02-04 at 16:32.
Old 2018-02-04, 18:17   Link #3132
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think if Claudia wants something from the guy who created Varda, Pandora and Kirin's Orga Lux right now, when she's trying to find a way to capture Varda to reveal Laminamorus' true identity (if she is), that she wants to ask him about Varda's weakness(es) and how to beat it (the Orga Lux itself). I hope that she does ask him that and that he tells her. That would really help after all.

But yeah, either way, capturing Varda will be hard. And like you said, it can easily take over anyone trying to capture it which is part of what makes it so hard. it's going to be bad.

And point taken on why you think Ayato and the others don't know about Laminamorus' true identity. I can only hope that Ayato finds out in a way that doesn't make him lose his trust in Claudia. If it's temporary, though, then that's probably okay.
Old 2018-02-05, 13:37   Link #3133
carmolita

I wonder...but I don't think that Varda's creator is going to be much help because as soon as he created her (the ogra lux), he got possessed by her, then she manipulated the minds of his students and she started a rebellion, now he's in prison, and Varda has been on the run and switching bodies for the last 10 years. Claudia met him in prison and confirmed that her future visions are a side effect of Pandaro.

One thing I've noticed is that I don't think Ayato is going to be able to get out of the Lindwurm. Even if Claudia tells him who Lamirous is, he still needs to stay in it so that Varda and Mediath don't get tipped off and until they find out what Mediaths plan is and capture Varda. Laminamorus needs Haurka for his plan to work~ that's why he implied that he will kill her if she interfered and messed with his plan. But Haurka wants Payback for what he did to her she's not really concerned with her life.

Last edited by carmolita; 2018-02-05 at 21:48.
Old 2018-02-05, 17:46   Link #3134
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Haruka may not be concerned with it, but Ayato is. That's why, right now, Mediath is in control. But yeah, you're right.
Old 2018-02-06, 19:11   Link #3135
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
@DragonOsman
@Rezel I've been so worried about Varda swapping bodies **gives me the chills**(Everytime I think about that ogra lux, it reminds me of Carla from Record of the Loddus War). Since she dislikes her current body so much and scolded Mediath for picking it, you just know she's going to take over someone else. Since Kirin is doing all the investigative stuff by herself... It could be easy for Varda to take her body since her prana is not as high as the others to fight her off.... That would be bad if that happened.
It would be even worse if Haurka was taken over, can you imagine Haruka using her strega abilities to bind someone's powers and then use Varda's mind manipulation, the person wouldn't stand a chance. Ayato also wouldn't be able to touch Varda for fear of harming his sister- hope that scenario never comes true. But it's not going to be easy for them to capture Varda, I wonder how they're going to do it. Hopefully Claudia has a stockpile from pandora ...

What is it that Claudia is hoping to gain from Varda's creator? I know that he also created Pandora, Isn't he also the one that created Kirins orga lux?
Valda have to force the person she want to posess to wear damn necklace and only after that she can take control. It might be "easy" but not against some formidable enemies like top rankers from academies.

As for why Claudia met with Ladislav... she just wanted to know The real ability of Pan-dora. Nothing more =)
Old 2018-02-07, 09:07   Link #3136
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, if it's that, I already read that scene. She really does only ask about Pan-Dora's real ability. And Ladislav tells her, though we aren't told what it is.

And yeah, about Varda's possession ability. If she has to make them wear that necklace, then yeah, against high-rankers from the main Ganestella schools, it should be hard to do.
Old 2018-02-07, 17:36   Link #3137
carmolita

With regards to Varda.. I agree with you because Sylvia said that If the person doesn't have high enough prana then that mind manipulation can work on them easily, but if they do then they can usually resist... which I found odd because she had a tough time resisting Varda. If it wasn't for Ayato intervening she would have been in serious trouble. And during the GBA meeting with (Dirk, Medicath, Orphelia and Varda) Varda was disappointed about the body that Mediath got for her, but he said that Varda can't possess just anyone's body.
** But i'm thinking that all Varda has to do is blackmail/ threaten one of the girls with Ayato's life or his personal happiness then they will Happily wear that necklace especially if they get more attention from him for doing it **I can imagine it now ..Ayato giving his undivided attention to save that person from Varda's control** A crying Double sword-wielding Kirin fighting Ayato.... because she doesn't want to do it (fight him) but has not choice ..hehehe..

another thing I've realized is I don't think that Dirk knows what Mediath's plan is .... no wonder he's gone rogue... I don't even know what he even contributes to the GBA other than trouble and the muscle of the cats.

Thank you both for filling me in on Claudia and Ladislav, I kept thinking I was missing something because he thought she was going to ask about Varda but she wanted to know about Pandora, mentioned it's side effect and left. So he did say something to her we just don't know what it was....
Old 2018-02-08, 06:50   Link #3138
DragonOsman
Dragon King

About Sylvia having a hard time resisting Varda's mind control and needing Ayato's help: it could just be because she doesn't have enough prana to resist as much as Ayato can. I think he has more than her.

Will the girl that's being controlled get to keep her mind and personality? What if Varda takes complete control, leaving nothing behind of the girl's original self until the mind control is warded off?
Old 2018-02-08, 09:01   Link #3139
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
** But i'm thinking that all Varda has to do is blackmail/ threaten one of the girls with Ayato's life or his personal happiness then they will Happily wear that necklace especially if they get more attention from him for doing it **I can imagine it now ..Ayato giving his undivided attention to save that person from Varda's control** A crying Double sword-wielding Kirin fighting Ayato.... because she doesn't want to do it (fight him) but has not choice ..hehehe..
NOTICE ME, SENPAI! Lmao
Old 2018-02-23, 23:19   Link #3140
jasper222

Started reading this after finishing up the anime.

It's not even half bad. Why has Digibro done a several parter on it proclaiming it to be the worst anime ever?
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life