AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-28, 15:28   Link #3141
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Spoiler for Komachi:

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:31   Link #3142
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
I don't think Komachi will approve of this one..
Komachi seems to be "fine" as long has her brother is more or less "loved honestly"; her checking out Yui & SakiSaki's feeling more or less hint that.

Which brings an interesting topic, which is that when many choices pop up at the same time, Komachi ships Yukinon over the rest; an example of that was when Komachi herself set up that "Stuck in the carnage between a classmate and a girl that I know" event ( ); even though she set up a "fair" competion, she started rooting for Yukinon and telling her not to lose (The "prize" was "being picked" by Hikki..... Sadly, Totsuka was the one to win at the end ).

Oh, and speaking of that "other subject", Yukinon meekly tucking onto Hikki is kinda of a recurrent topic, and happens every 2 volumes or so (for example, it happened in volume 3 in the animal exhibit). That's one of the hints that she gave that she trusted / relied on him (which kinda made a lot more sense after the current volume and "you are akin to nee-san in that sense" speech).

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-05-28 at 18:00.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:59   Link #3143
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Adding to that, it's also used by other characters (namely Irohasu) to call Hikki's attention, she even does it on this very volume (to get him to sit next to her)
Also, I think I might just change ship, that last paragraph with Irohasu was really, really teasing, and I can't wait to see that scene animated
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 16:07   Link #3144
Distoch

Iroha sure is an interesting character but I'm not that fond of the "cute kohai" type.

Plus I'm afraid she will get less focus in the coming volumes kinda like Saki or Saika.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 17:15   Link #3145
femrilu

Totally forgot to check updates.
I couldn't figure out what Hayama is talking about all the time. I hope our great author will find a way to explain that well.
Right now the 'nice' Hayama and his 'bad' side are not convincing enough for Hayama to make a great act out of that.
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 17:54   Link #3146
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by femrilu View Post
Totally forgot to check updates.
I couldn't figure out what Hayama is talking about all the time. I hope our great author will find a way to explain that well.
Right now the 'nice' Hayama and his 'bad' side are not convincing enough for Hayama to make a great act out of that.
After reading that, I think I'd really like if we could get a Hayama POV chapter in a side story or something. I'd really like to see how his mind works.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 20:15   Link #3147
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I forgot to add, I really liked how Irohasu and Hikki keep up their little ritual with the bags even after Irohasu had just being rejected and was feeling really down, and Yukinon's reaction to them
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 00:47   Link #3148
Daysun22

while I absolutely adored the daily updates, guess we're gonna be getting weekly updates now. It's fine, spyro was surpassing human speed already
Daysun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 02:55   Link #3149
cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskorts View Post
Definitely loving this series. Had to register to this site just so I can vent out if I have to.
With you here! I've been going nuts over Vol 9, must let it all out!

I totally forgot Isshiki might have heard what was said in the clubroom. After this chapter she just might be my favorite, now... her interactions with with Hachiman are too damn cute, I can't resist!

Anyway, with what Hayama said here,
Quote:
Even so, Hayama didn’t get particularly upset and looked at me with eyes that looked stricken with melancholic grief.
“…Did you know? About why Isshiki confessed to me?”
“No, there’s no way I’d know that.”
“I see…”
But the way Hayama said that was as if up until now, he was conducting himself in a way so that Isshiki wouldn’t confess to him.
Did that mean she mentioned Hachiman's "genuine" thing in her confession? Or he just guessed she was changing due to his influence?
cord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 03:15   Link #3150
Distoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cord View Post
With you here! I've been going nuts over Vol 9, must let it all out!

I totally forgot Isshiki might have heard what was said in the clubroom. After this chapter she just might be my favorite, now... her interactions with with Hachiman are too damn cute, I can't resist!

Anyway, with what Hayama said here,

Did that mean she mentioned Hachiman's "genuine" thing in her confession? Or he just guessed she was changing due to his influence?
I'm guessing he noticed her change , and Hayama knowing 8man and how he can influence people (Hayama included) he allocated it to him.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 05:40   Link #3151
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Reread the part you quoted.

Quote:
But the way Hayama said that was as if up until now, he was conducting himself in a way so that Isshiki wouldn’t confess to him.
Hayato kept his distance so that Iroha wouldn't confess to him.

As in, there is no way any girl would confess in that situation because she would know there's no chance.

The only person willing to go against the flow is Hachiman, so there's only one person who could have inspired Iroha to do it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 09:52   Link #3152
cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
As in, there is no way any girl would confess in that situation because she would know there's no chance.

The only person willing to go against the flow is Hachiman, so there's only one person who could have inspired Iroha to do it.
I understand that, but isn't it arrogant to think he has everything in complete control otherwise? As if he's read her perfectly and Hachiman is the only existence that could possibly foil his plan. I mean, take into account that she certainly never had a chance as good as this one before (alone together at Disneyland). Pretty coincidental how everything unfolded out.
cord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 10:54   Link #3153
hti2

Quote:
I understand that, but isn't it arrogant to think he has everything in complete control otherwise? As if he's read her perfectly and Hachiman is the only existence that could possibly foil his plan. I mean, take into account that she certainly never had a chance as good as this one before (alone together at Disneyland). Pretty coincidental how everything unfolded out.
what hayama meant was that she had the courage to confess to him even though her chances were so low and also that she desired a change in their relationship as you see he didn't expect her to close the distance that he put so suddenly that's why he suspected that it's 8man influence
hti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 12:05   Link #3154
Shadow5YA

Quote:
She never had a good chance. Hachiman commented on it.

Quote:
“…No, you should’ve known that going at him right now wasn’t a good idea.”
It's much like how Yui held back her confession until the moment was perfect like after the fireworks festival or after Tobe would hypothetically confess to Ebina. When Hachiman ruined those moments, Yui held back.

It's the same principle here. Iroha wanted to wait until there was some good chemistry between them before she actually confessed (Yumiko could be doing the same thing), and Hayato knew it. It's common human nature.

The only people Hayato know who would have that much influence is Haruno (who graduated long ago) and Hachiman.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-05-29 at 12:18.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 13:08   Link #3155
hti2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
She never had a good chance. Hachiman commented on it.

It's much like how Yui held back her confession until the moment was perfect like after the fireworks festival or after Tobe would hypothetically confess to Ebina. When Hachiman ruined those moments, Yui held back.

It's the same principle here. Iroha wanted to wait until there was some good chemistry between them before she actually confessed (Yumiko could be doing the same thing), and Hayato knew it. It's common human nature.

The only people Hayato know who would have that much influence is Haruno (who graduated long ago) and Hachiman.
and that's what i'm talking about hayama made sure that there is no good chemistry between them and like that iroha would have to w8 4ever for her chance to come but she challenged that wall between them such exceeding his expectations probably every one who dealt with 8man exceeded his expectations specially yukino
hti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 16:18   Link #3156
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distoch View Post
Iroha sure is an interesting character but I'm not that fond of the "cute kohai" type.

Plus I'm afraid she will get less focus in the coming volumes kinda like Saki or Saika.
I am not fond of cute kohai type either... but I am extremely fond of Ishiki. Right now she climbed on same level as SakiSaki (I realy wish I could continue ship Hachiman with Shizuka, but unfortunetely she already choosed different way).

Anyway I am not exactly fond of Hachi x Yuki right now, and I think (something that I would zealously opose before V8) that even Yui would be better choice due her character development. So I am going jump on this ship from all my might and support Hachiman becomming Ishikis waifu.

And I realy want their spin-off soon!
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 18:34   Link #3157
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Iroha is great. She is cute and not cute, a bit of an airhead and cunning, open and honest and manipulative and deceiving, somehow weak and strong, mean and kind all of at the same time while having a master level at sleeve pulling. She has more character traits than whole casts put together in many anime shows.

I don't know what role she'll have in the future, but from what the ending of ch 8 is hinting i don't think she'll be put on the back burner. Of course, it is all my conjecture, but who knows. She is too interesting to be left out.

On a side note, did you notice how Hachiman got alone moments with Yui, Yukino and Iroha? And all of them had something meaningful happening in them (with Yukino having the spotlight this time).
Like it was said before this makes the wait for the next book feel even longer than usual. And will Hayato dye his hair, turn delinquent, skip school and run away from home and then confess his love in front of the whole school assembly, just to be rejected, in a desperate cry for help ?

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”

Last edited by lijenstina; 2014-05-29 at 18:46.
Old 2014-05-29, 19:26   Link #3158
Daysun22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
And will Hayato dye his hair, turn delinquent, skip school and run away from home and then confess his love in front of the whole school assembly, just to be rejected, in a desperate cry for help ?

That's the wrOng novel man, hayama would neveR imitAte hachiman nor Dye his blOnd haiR mAn
Daysun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 19:32   Link #3159
Zoman

I foresee an adversarial moments brewing between Hayato and Hachiman based on their recent interaction. Their conversations and description of dark Hayato seems to setup something for future drama. Over Yukino?, school activities?, who knows.....I can't wait to what the author comes up with.

Now with this recent failed confession, I wonder how it will affect people around who may have wanted to confess in future? Yui? Perhaps Yumiko? You can only hold status quo for so long until things fall apart.

As for Iroha, I thought she sounded like she wasn't going to give up on Hayato that easily. She obviously knew low chance of reciprocation since Hayato was putting distance between them and the consequences of being turn down. Maybe once the wall is down, she can reconnect with Hayato in meaningful way or go in different direction with other people, perhaps with Hachiman or someone else. Based on her volume 8 chapter description intro "For some reason, Isshiki Iroha reeks of danger", I don't think she is going away that easily. I still have to see how she scolds Yukino and Hachiman in next chapter to see if she gets jealous or something.
Zoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 20:22   Link #3160
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysun22 View Post
That's the wrOng novel man, hayama would neveR imitAte hachiman nor Dye his blOnd haiR mAn
Still if it is followed by an awesome fight scene I'm ok with it.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck