Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-14, 02:38   Link #3161
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Here's another wallpaper i've been trying to find the source of. Character name, where she came from, the artist. Anything like that. This is actually the second version of this girl i've seen.

Both Versions.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:44   Link #3162
darkponcho
FMS

kind of reminds me of Metropolis...not sure if that's what you're looking for though
darkponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:45   Link #3163
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

GUNNM aka Battle Angel Alita?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 05:14   Link #3164
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Here's another wallpaper i've been trying to find the source of. Character name, where she came from, the artist. Anything like that. This is actually the second version of this girl i've seen.

Both Versions.

This popular wallpaper was created by Nayako from Minitokyo. I don't know the character's name but it looks like Carnelian artwork (not sure).
Old 2007-12-14, 13:22   Link #3165
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
This popular wallpaper was created by Nayako from Minitokyo. I don't know the character's name but it looks like Carnelian artwork (not sure).
Ah had, no wonder the wallpaper had Nayako in it ^^. I think the one i have have been distributed over the internet one too many times and her signature has been degrading over time. I saw teh signature yesterday, but liek always minitokyo's search is rather useless.

Ughhh... If i can't find the source, I think i'll have to extract it out >.<

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-12-14, 15:28   Link #3166
Chopxsticks

hmm I appriciate the help, I checked into those and neither ring a bell. The girl seemed younger and the films newer. Beats me im totaly lost
Chopxsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 16:48   Link #3167
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopxsticks View Post
hmm I appriciate the help, I checked into those and neither ring a bell. The girl seemed younger and the films newer. Beats me im totaly lost
You sure it's not Battle Angel Alita? That would be one of those anime that are pretty common at a rental place. It came out in '93, so it's pretty old. An older guy finds the head and upper portion of a girl in a junk heap. He fixes her up and it turns out she's lost her memory, her only clue to her past being her skill in an ancient robot martial art. It's a two ep OVA and she ends up falling for a boy who dies in the end. Some images on the internet have her looking a lot older/more mature than she appears in the anime, I believe. (most of those are from the manga)
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:24   Link #3168
Chopxsticks

First I'd like to appolagize to superknuckles, you were right. Thanks Jedinat the link you posted looked much more familier so I hit youtube and looked for some clips. that was it! You guys are great Keep up the good work..
Chopxsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 01:57   Link #3169
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ah had, no wonder the wallpaper had Nayako in it ^^. I think the one i have have been distributed over the internet one too many times and her signature has been degrading over time. I saw teh signature yesterday, but liek always minitokyo's search is rather useless.

Ughhh... If i can't find the source, I think i'll have to extract it out >.<
The link to the minitokyo gallery is down right?

I used web archive wayback machine to see if that page was saved, which it was but the page says he didn't know who scanned it or the character

http://web.archive.org/web/200502280...net/view/4633/

I don't think it's Carnelian either, since those have very distinctive eyes, and her eyes doesn't look like the others >.<

Great bluish wallpaper though, saving it

Last edited by Neaco; 2007-12-15 at 21:45.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 07:52   Link #3170
azntakeaway

Smile I need help identifying a manga that i cant remember the name of.

About a year or so ago i read a small booklet that came in an anime magazine that had a collection of small chapters from various new mangas that were soon to be coming out. One of the chapters that caught my interest was from a sin city - like manga. it involved a duo of policemen who did patrols in the most run down seedy high crime areas of the city. One of the officers (possibly the most inexperienced one) gets frustrated at how high the crime rate is in the city and how hookers and drug dealers are everywhere but no one seems to do anything about it. One day he goes into an alleyway to make a bust on a small group of people doing some illegal activity (which i cant remember) even though the more experienced officer tells him not to because the group he is about to bust is part of some big time dangerous organised crime gang. The unexperienced officer goes anyway and tries to arrest them but something happens (cant remember either) and the unexperienced officer is caught off guard. The now unfortunate officer is then held still while the leader or right hand man of the group grabs a soldering iron and jabs it into the officer's eye and scorches his eyeball. the officer screams in agony while the guy who did it lets out a long eerie laugh and says the officer's eye reminds him of grilled fish.

Anyway thats all i can remember of this manga. It was all in english so i presume it is already out in usa. If anyone can remember the name of this manga or anything about it at all please tell me. thankyou
azntakeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 09:22   Link #3171
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
The link to the minitokyo gallery is down right?
It was probably purged by the mods or deleted by Kyroooo. It was very old scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_emesai
According to signature on it, this wallpaper was created by Lai Nguyen from Raveanime.com which has been down since May.

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-12-15 at 09:37.
Saleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 13:35   Link #3172
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
It was probably purged by the mods or deleted by Kyroooo. It was very old scan.

According to signature on it, this wallpaper was created by Lai Nguyen from Raveanime.com which has been down since May.
Yeah, I also checked on that site that was listed on that image. Like you said the site was down. That was my last ray of hope too >.<

Old 2007-12-15, 21:33   Link #3173
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I remembered this show, but have no idea what is called in Japanese, does anyone know what is it called?
Old 2007-12-15, 21:48   Link #3174
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, I also checked on that site that was listed on that image. Like you said the site was down. That was my last ray of hope too >.<

I went and asked about it for you, and no one knew who it was.

But they gave me the larger version. I think it is the original scan.

I hope it's of some use to you Aoie...

Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 23:09   Link #3175
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
I went and asked about it for you, and no one knew who it was.

But they gave me the larger version. I think it is the original scan.

I hope it's of some use to you Aoie...

Oh wow! Thank you so much Perfect for an extraction. Oh i, better do it quickly before deathkillz beat me to it >.<

Old 2007-12-16, 01:45   Link #3176
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I remembered this show, but have no idea what is called in Japanese, does anyone know what is it called?
Anpanman!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1158
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 09:39   Link #3177
Zinoi

Hello there everyone , first post of me. well we go!

im looking for this anime i watched a couple of years ago.
it's about a photographer. who gets involved in some underground sene. also he can blow things up with his camera or something like it

i forgot all about it and now i want to watch it again
i hope there is anyone that has not forgotten all about it. good luck , and thanks !
Zinoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 09:43   Link #3178
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoi View Post
Hello there everyone , first post of me. well we go!

im looking for this anime i watched a couple of years ago.
it's about a photographer. who gets involved in some underground sene. also he can blow things up with his camera or something like it

i forgot all about it and now i want to watch it again
i hope there is anyone that has not forgotten all about it. good luck , and thanks !
Sounds like Speed Grapher to me.
Old 2007-12-17, 09:50   Link #3179
Zinoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Sounds like Speed Grapher to me.
your the best, thanks alot!
Zinoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:09   Link #3180
maian330
Lurker

This is either a manga or an anime, and one that I know that I've read/watched recently. I think it's a manga rather than an anime, but I'm not sure.

There's a scene where there are is a girl, who has a twin that died when she was young. The two twins were identical in appearance so that no one other than the twins could tell them apart except for their clothes. She liked being mean to her twin, who was more docile, and played pretend suicide games with her. One day, there was an accident in which the a twin hung herself to death. The villagers supposed it was the docile twin that died because her shoe was nearby. And the other twin lost her mean streak (I think).

Later on, the protagonist meets this surviving twin, and eventually figures out that the she is actually the docile twin. The mean twin hung herself to death while the docile twin watched and did nothing because she was resentful that her sister was being mean to her (I think). The mean twin didn't bring any shoes along, but the docile twin did, and she took of her shoes at the scene to make it seem that the docile twin had died. Since then, she has been living in guilt.

I don't think this girl is a main character, but I could be wrong, because I really don't remember what the whole plot is about. I'm pretty sure that this scene isn't the main plot though.
maian330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel