AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-07, 23:00   Link #301
tantan

Well, I'm a newbie here, but not in watching OP.

maybe its one piece unique art of imaging, I call it some kind of "dirty", maybe thats
why it is less popular than the clean and good looking styles in the other two
I have watched bleach and naruto for so many times, but i think none is better than OP(on my view).

It is not as exciting and some episodes are predictable as well!!!!!!!!!!

One Piece element of surprise is really that amazing, WoooHooo!!
It maybe less popular but it is much prettier than the other two!
Old 2007-08-08, 04:31   Link #302
amOKchen
duel me

I had Bleach as my favorite anime until, I got past arlong arc in OP - after that you're spellbound.
Old 2007-08-08, 20:46   Link #303
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Before i begin let me just say that i like OP so don't flame me for what i'm apout to say.
Could the reason that OP is less popular than Bleach and Naruto be because OP doesn't seem to have that big of a main plot?(compaired to the other 2), i know that thier goal is to find One Piece and to do that they have travel to all those islands but still.....

After reading the other 2 i found it a little hard to get into OP to begin with but once the Arlong arc came along i was hooked.
Old 2007-08-11, 10:12   Link #304
shadowyondaime
Sponsor: Naughty Konoha!

Send a message via MSN to shadowyondaime
cuz its not only ACTION ACTION ACTION and its not spinoff Dragonball z. The end
Old 2007-08-11, 17:32   Link #305
Master Mold
Banned

Oda Lov'z DB........ Toriyama is his idol.

One Piece is not popular cuz the constant draging, you must hav patience when reading or watching this anime/manga & most or some what ever make'z you sleep at night don't hav the patience'z

Canon out.
Old 2007-08-11, 17:41   Link #306
gencbiba

If you have the patience to wait for Naruto to become even 1/10th decent then you have the patience to watch OP. Not to mention the Bleach Bount arc and the current filler episodes. I haven't read the manga for Naruto because I wanna prevent myself from dying but the Bleach manga is much much better than the anime. OP I think is one of the only shows that has a better anime than manga only because of the hilarious voice acting. Not to mention action is always better when played out.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-08-11, 21:34   Link #307
Master Mold
Banned

My point was the constant draging which One Piece is know for.

It would not, WOULD NOT, take over 156 chapter'z to see what happen'z at the next Akatsuki meeting in Naruto.

but for One Piece (Whitebeard & Shanks) it does.

Canon out.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2007-08-11 at 22:18. Reason: Too Much Canon
Old 2007-08-12, 15:19   Link #308
gencbiba

Well the Marines were trying to delay their meeting as long as possible.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-08-12, 16:52   Link #309
Master Mold
Banned

& shank'z & crew ran through that barracade like a hot knife threw butter.

Heck we didn't even get to see that battle........wonder how many chapter'z it is going to take to see what is going on between WB & shank'z.
Old 2007-08-13, 02:53   Link #310
amOKchen
duel me

Yes, what makes One Piece anime so great is because of the hilarious voice acting.

<3 gencbiba
Old 2007-08-15, 13:56   Link #311
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post

It would not, WOULD NOT, take over 156 chapter'z to see what happen'z at the next Akatsuki meeting in Naruto.

Canon out.
Except that One Piece is about more than just Whitebeard and Shanks. While Naruto seems to pretty much end at Akatsuki as the only thing to keep the story going. So I wouldn't say it's a matter of dragging but which one has a bigger story to tell.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2007-08-15 at 16:05.
Old 2007-08-16, 06:13   Link #312
gencbiba

Yep. Who cares about Shanks and Whitebeard anyway? Their time has long gone. Now it is the time of the Mugiwara Kaizoku. Plus, Luffy has only beaten 1 Shichibukai so far! He hasn't even reached the Summit yet! What about Elbaf, the island of the giants? BTW, if you're also reading the manga, you should know how great the story arc is right now. Can't wait till it's animated. Hell, OP has so much story that it will never end. Look for OP to be ongoing 20 years from now.

Old 2007-08-24, 09:43   Link #313
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post

Canon out.
Whitebeard & Shanks is a side plot right now that only appears like once or twice per arc to let you know what's going on with the major players in the new world. Akatsuki is the main plot of Naruto, so it's not fair to compare it to Shanks & Whitebeard right now. A better comparison would be Akatsuki - CP9. And you'll see that CP9 showed up in every episode of Enies Lobby.
Old 2007-08-25, 23:52   Link #314
TwistedMarionette

ive found that people dont like one piece cause they find it too kidish, this is because the first few epsidoes are that dark, but once you get up to arlong you relize that the show def isnt as kiddish as it was though out to be

another reason is that whole pirate vs ninja crap, because of this, because the majority liek naruto, they will refuse to watch one piece on this grounds, a stupid grounds if you ask me but it happens

i have to say i switched ober from naruto to one piece, and one peice has yet to let me down, unlike naruto(which anyone who reads it knows how rediculious its getting)
Old 2007-08-26, 00:50   Link #315
gencbiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMarionette View Post
ive found that people dont like one piece cause they find it too kidish, this is because the first few epsidoes are that dark, but once you get up to arlong you relize that the show def isnt as kiddish as it was though out to be

another reason is that whole pirate vs ninja crap, because of this, because the majority liek naruto, they will refuse to watch one piece on this grounds, a stupid grounds if you ask me but it happens

i have to say i switched ober from naruto to one piece, and one peice has yet to let me down, unlike naruto(which anyone who reads it knows how rediculious its getting)
Spoken like a true pirate.

Old 2007-08-26, 11:41   Link #316
TwistedMarionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Spoken like a true pirate.

HELL YEAH
Old 2007-08-29, 04:08   Link #317
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

THE 4KIDS DUB is why one piece is not as watched. it makes one piece so gay with the crappy english tv version. and then no one gives it a second chance. while bleach in english is good and naruto is ok.

Personally though i think one piece is better than naruto mainly because its funnier the fillers are much better and shorter and because of water 7's many great twists. although naruto i heard is gettin better in the manga(i hope so because the shippuden anime kinda sucks)

Last edited by sanzo; 2007-08-29 at 04:11. Reason: forgot to add extra
Old 2007-09-01, 18:33   Link #318
TwistedMarionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
THE 4KIDS DUB is why one piece is not as watched. it makes one piece so gay with the crappy english tv version. and then no one gives it a second chance. while bleach in english is good and naruto is ok.

Personally though i think one piece is better than naruto mainly because its funnier the fillers are much better and shorter and because of water 7's many great twists. although naruto i heard is gettin better in the manga(i hope so because the shippuden anime kinda sucks)
yeah shipuden is horrable and the mangas been bad since the deidara X sasuke battle, there going to en d the series real soon seeing as they have explained every plot hole in the series.

and i dont think it matters that 4kids had it, seeing as you could watch it way before then, and was in shonen jump a year or 2 before the anime appeared on fox. i just think naruto caught the attention of people because the art is "better" the one pieces, and then in my opinion like i said, i think its the whole pirate vs ninja crap that prevents people from watching (i know this for a fact as i know several people who have this mentality)
Old 2007-09-01, 18:36   Link #319
Deidara_Bang
Art is a Bang

One Piece and Bleach do not that the Akatsuki.
Hence why naruto is more popular lol
Old 2007-09-02, 15:24   Link #320
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
It's because of the animation. You either absolutely love it, or you hate it.
Closed Thread