AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 41.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 37.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 9.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 8.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-31, 08:55   Link #301
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Well, the end of the anime isn't really the end, since the manga just goes on and on. How they pull off a satisfying ending is a mystery to us all.
Old 2007-07-31, 08:58   Link #302
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Madhouse will make up their own end arc. They did it before for Gunslinger Girls, so I am not surprised if they do the same for Claymore.
Old 2007-07-31, 09:14   Link #303
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Well, the end of the anime isn't really the end, since the manga just goes on and on. How they pull off a satisfying ending is a mystery to us all.
Killing a Big Bad would do nicely.
Old 2007-07-31, 10:39   Link #304
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Madhouse will make up their own end arc. They did it before for Gunslinger Girls, so I am not surprised if they do the same for Claymore.
Uggghhh...I hope not. I hate divergent storylines; I like everything to be canon. Otherwise it interrupts the alternate reality being created.
Old 2007-08-04, 19:59   Link #305
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Uggghhh...I hope not. I hate divergent storylines; I like everything to be canon. Otherwise it interrupts the alternate reality being created.
For me it depends on the quality, just because the majority of fillers are sub-par to the canon episodes, doesnt mean that is always the case. If the animation team really work hard to produce an interesting story, and animate at the same quality, I'll be happy.
Old 2007-08-04, 20:43   Link #306
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

I would be very dissapointed if they made up an ending for Claymore. That would mean that a second season would be out of the question. I hope that the last episode does not have an ending, kind of like the anime Berserk.
Old 2007-08-06, 18:42   Link #307
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Scene 17 - The Witch's Maw, Part III

Geez, I am so delayed with the reviews, and that's for being a lazy bum.

Anyways, episode seventeen was pure adrenaline and spectacuar action.

Spoiler:

The animation was visually gorgeous. The faces for Clare and Jean looked so effusive and vibrating with life. Riful's was drawn beautiful as well, so expressive and emo.

Since I have read all of the manga until the latest issue, they skipped important pieces of dialogue.
Sorry, but cannot display that piece of spoiler as it has yet to be disclosed in the anime. Already under the watchful eye of the mods, therefore, I cannot risk a third yellow card.

But I can tell this...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-07, 00:29   Link #308
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVxObliVioNxVx View Post
I would be very dissapointed if they made up an ending for Claymore. That would mean that a second season would be out of the question. I hope that the last episode does not have an ending, kind of like the anime Berserk.
You do realize that the ending of Berserk was from the manga? The anime did not make that up. If the anime doesn't make up an ending for Claymore it increases the chance it will end like Beserk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Galatea's face displayed a sense of reasurrance and may daresay faith upon listening and witnessing Jean's conviction to stand for Clare. Galatea went as far as hinting without outright revealing that she would lie to cover for them.
That scene in the manga, all I can say is that Galatea remained neutral.
Nope. Galatea said basically the same thing in the manga as in the anime. I think you misremember it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-08-09, 10:28   Link #309
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
You do realize that the ending of Berserk was from the manga? The anime did not make that up. If the anime doesn't make up an ending for Claymore it increases the chance it will end like Beserk.
Exactly. I am quite familar with the Berserk ending comming from the manga. Hence why I was using it as an example to point out that it would be best for Claymore to end with a Cliffhanger like the way Berserk did. The only thing is, if it ends with a Cliffhanger, then I see the anime as not having an ending, if you know what I mean.
Old 2007-08-11, 02:02   Link #310
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thank you. I wasn't quite sure of your words. I also hope that the series ends on a cliffhanger.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread