5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-11, 22:58   Link #301
Pat123

I watched the original series years ago and wondered if a new version would be interesting. So far, I''ve seen Episode 0 and about 1/3 of Episode 1. I like the approach of seeing the same time period from the viewpoint of two different characters and the better development of the main characters, as well as more about the relationship between Rin and Archer. In the original series, I though of Archer as the most intelligent of the Servants and the new series makes that even more clear. It makes sense, too, in that Rin is probably the most intelligent Master. I hope I get a chance to view the rest of Episode 1 this evening.

Of course, because I've seen the entire series, I have a different perspective from someone who has not. So, I think the new series is worth re-watching. It brings more detail to the story and the animation is slightly better.
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 03:43   Link #302
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123 View Post
I watched the original series years ago and wondered if a new version would be interesting. So far, I''ve seen Episode 0 and about 1/3 of Episode 1. I like the approach of seeing the same time period from the viewpoint of two different characters and the better development of the main characters, as well as more about the relationship between Rin and Archer. In the original series, I though of Archer as the most intelligent of the Servants and the new series makes that even more clear. It makes sense, too, in that Rin is probably the most intelligent Master. I hope I get a chance to view the rest of Episode 1 this evening.

Of course, because I've seen the entire series, I have a different perspective from someone who has not. So, I think the new series is worth re-watching. It brings more detail to the story and the animation is slightly better.
Well, if you count being a trickster
Old 2014-10-13, 04:52   Link #303
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As expected, people were underwhelmed by the moment Lancer primed his spear.

I feel it would've been better if just for lik 10 seconds or so, they froze time as they panned the camera from character to character.

Other than that, the fight was superb though. Seeing how it's only a taste of what is to come.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 14:55   Link #304
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
and the animation is slightly better.
"Slightly"?

It can't even be compared.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 15:31   Link #305
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Of course, because I've seen the entire series, I have a different perspective from someone who has not. So, I think the new series is worth re-watching.
How do you even rewatch something that hasn't been animated before?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 15:49   Link #306
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
How do you even rewatch something that hasn't been animated before?
UBW has been adapted before as a movie by studio Deen.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 15:55   Link #307
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
UBW has been adapted before as a movie by studio Deen.
You're either not reading properly his post or just trying to piss me off by bringing up that piss-poor attempt at stuffing an entire route into two hours of a damn movie.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 16:05   Link #308
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
You're either not reading properly his post or just trying to piss me off by bringing up that piss-poor attempt at stuffing an entire route into two hours of a damn movie.
I agree that it was a horrible adaption, but I couldn't deduce if you where aware of of the adaptation existing or not. Tone doesn't travel very well through text.
Old 2014-10-13, 16:45   Link #309
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think his problem was with the phrase "So, I think the new series is worth re-watching."

If "new series" refers to this current one, then "re-watching" it is physically impossible.
Old 2014-10-13, 16:58   Link #310
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think his problem was with the phrase "So, I think the new series is worth re-watching."

If "new series" refers to this current one, then "re-watching" it is physically impossible.
Ah I see. I skipped that mistake, because I thought it wasn't worth pointing out, because it seems the writer just made a mistake and it was clear what he meant.
Old 2014-10-14, 00:01   Link #311
Pat123

Quote:
Ah I see. I skipped that mistake, because I thought it wasn't worth pointing out, because it seems the writer just made a mistake and it was clear what he meant.
Sorry about that. What I meant is watching a new series telling the same story I've watched before. Assuming both are based on the manga, I know how it will end, but even so, it looks like it will be a good re-telling of the story.

Since the last post, I finished episode 2 and also re-watched the first two episodes of the 2006 series. (Really re-watched XD) I'm talking about the 24-episode series, not the two-hour movie.

This new animation is a lot better. However, I think they went nuts with Fuji in this new one. She is definitely wilder and they gave her a scooter (Vesper maybe?). She drives like Haruko in FLCL! Maybe it's an attempt at comic relief, but it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the story. The whole idea of the meals was to provide periods of calm in an otherwise violent anime. Practical jokes are not my idea of calm.

Oddly enough, I've been thinking about Fate Stay Night for several months now, ever since I watched Witchcraft Works this spring. There are a lot of parallels between the two stories, though WW is definitely funnier. And it has those rabbits!

Anyhow, FSN is a very good story and it looks like Ufotable is doing a very good job. If nothing else, Saber is even more impressive than she was before and the animation in the fight scenes is top-rate. I'm waiting for Episode 3!

Last edited by Pat123; 2014-10-14 at 00:14.
Old 2014-10-14, 03:04   Link #312
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Sorry about that. What I meant is watching a new series telling the same story I've watched before. Assuming both are based on the manga, I know how it will end, but even so, it looks like it will be a good re-telling of the story.

Since the last post, I finished episode 2 and also re-watched the first two episodes of the 2006 series. (Really re-watched XD) I'm talking about the 24-episode series, not the two-hour movie.

This new animation is a lot better. However, I think they went nuts with Fuji in this new one. She is definitely wilder and they gave her a scooter (Vesper maybe?). She drives like Haruko in FLCL! Maybe it's an attempt at comic relief, but it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the story. The whole idea of the meals was to provide periods of calm in an otherwise violent anime. Practical jokes are not my idea of calm.

Oddly enough, I've been thinking about Fate Stay Night for several months now, ever since I watched Witchcraft Works this spring. There are a lot of parallels between the two stories, though WW is definitely funnier. And it has those rabbits!

Anyhow, FSN is a very good story and it looks like Ufotable is doing a very good job. If nothing else, Saber is even more impressive than she was before and the animation in the fight scenes is top-rate. I'm waiting for Episode 3!
Fate/Stay Night is not based on a manga, but a visual novel. A visual novel tells a story in a branching way. At certain points in the story the reader is offered a choice. By choosing one of the answers the story can go in a different direction. The main branches are called routes. F/SN has three routes. Studio Deen Fate/Stay Night series is based for the most part on the first route called Fate. The studio Deen movie is based on the second route called Unlimited Blade Works. The current series by Ufotable is also based on the second route.

Studio Deen's F/SN adaption and Ufotable may look similar in the beginning, but at a certain point they will diverge and become their own separate story.

One correction the UBW TV series started with episode 0, meaning you are waiting for episode 2 not 3
Old 2014-10-14, 04:02   Link #313
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^To elaborate, the reason it's called "Episode 0" is because it is based on the prologue of the original VN.
Old 2014-10-14, 18:13   Link #314
Pat123

Quote:
Fate/Stay Night is not based on a manga, but a visual novel. A visual novel tells a story in a branching way. At certain points in the story the reader is offered a choice. ...

Studio Deen's F/SN adaption and Ufotable may look similar in the beginning, but at a certain point they will diverge and become their own separate story.

One correction the UBW TV series started with episode 0, meaning you are waiting for episode 2 not 3
Thanks Chaos. I didn't know that about visual novels. Sounds interesting.

Also, the idea that we will see a somewhat different story in the current run makes it even more attractive to me. This is going to be fun! (I hope XD)
Old 2014-10-19, 06:41   Link #315
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I was left speechless with this ep 0

I admit that UBW is my favorite ever arc and Rin is my favorite character
but Ufotable really outdone themselves in this adaptation
perfect! it is 12 out of 10
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 14:36   Link #316
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 00 - Prologue

Welcome to the world of Unlimited Blade Works, as I consider this latest installment not a reboot but a reroute to the Fate saga. For starters, after the failed movie adaptation to Unlimited Blade Works released five years ago by another studio, UFO table heard the fans and went to produce a more faithful incarnation of the Fate game's second route.

As such, being already acquainted with previous incarnations of the Fate franchise in anime format I won't be doing comparisons between UBW TV series and the first Fate/stay night TV series released by DEEN about eight years ago. That's because I would be unwillingly and unknowingly throwing unintended spoilers to those of you who are stepping for the first time into the world of TYPE-MOON's Fate with this series.

Besides loving the all brand-new soundtrack for UBW, I liked how they established or allude to a sort of connection with a few elements between this series and a prequel series called Fate/zero, which I won't go into detail either due to spoilers for that latter mentioned show as well.

I enjoyed as well how everything in the first episode was told by and saw from Rin, and her expectations to win the Holy Grail War without any need to have a wish granted; certainly, Archer couldn't have asked for a more fitting Master than Rin.

I guess delivering this introduction episode a little-low grade from my part is due to being used to Fate/stay night's beginning act, but very soon UBW will dive into more serious and complicated things for Rin to handle.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote