AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-11-11, 04:24   Link #301
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I just hope they explain why Zoom is sending villains to kill Barry rather than just doing it himself, since he seemed to easily beat Jay and is stronger now. Really hope it isn't the obvious "Zoom is future Barry training him!" thing.
Spoiler for Zoom's possible plans:
Old 2015-11-11, 09:08   Link #302
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So now Linda knows and everyone finds out about Wells Earth-2 daughter.
And damm, what a humiliation the Flash got from Zoom.
No wonder Jay was scared of him.
And next week, Grodd comes back and he wants more smart gorillas like him, hopefully not in the way what i think it is.
Old 2015-11-11, 18:35   Link #303
Wandering Soul

They really did a good job establishing Zoom as someone you don't mess with. He really brought that intimidation factor. Just like Bane broke Batman's back, Zoom took away Barry's speed. They still have to explain why Zoom didn't take care of Barry himself rather than sending a bunch of villains to do it for him. The only reason he even had to flee here was because of the anti speed formula,which Wells wasn't around to make at first.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Iz2UB

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2015-11-11 at 18:48.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 18:40   Link #304
GDB

Actually, Zoom didn't take away Barry's speed. They would've seen that when they were nursing him and testing his condition. Plus, they mentioned that he was healing fast still.

What he did do, however, was Bane Barry's Back.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 20:46   Link #305
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow, what a villain. and what an intro for him.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 18:57   Link #306
Wandering Soul

Well it was nice to see Gorilla city, though we probably won't get to see all the gorillas there frequently considering what that would do to the budget.

http://m.imgur.com/a/h0awr
Old 2015-11-19, 02:14   Link #307
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely a by the numbers kind of 'recovery ep' for Barry.

Though Gorilla city was cool to see for a bit. Just not something that can easily work for TV going forward. Maybe they can do some Grodd stuff in the DC Flash movies?

Still, it was a good episode for Wells. The guy has flaws, but he's not pure evil.

I still don't get Barry's father going out...into the wilderness and basically putting off starting over. Seems like they just can't manage to keep the actor around for whatever reason.
Old 2015-11-19, 02:24   Link #308
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I still don't get Barry's father going out...into the wilderness and basically putting off starting over. Seems like they just can't manage to keep the actor around for whatever reason.
I actually think it's because of the character itself, good for recurring appearances as moral support, but otherwise has no active/major role as part of the team dynamic. Then again, that might change if they find something more permanent or at least long-lasting for the character to do. But for now, it keeps his appearances more special if he's not there all the time.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 01:02   Link #309
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I was a bit disappointed, TBH.
I wanted to see more of the impact Flash's defeat had among the citizens.
Their greatest (only?) hero just got beaten up on tv, there would have been quite a few conversations around the water thingie at the office, I imagine.
Or, more likely, dead silences....
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 10:47   Link #310
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh i'm hyped!
Old 2015-11-23, 22:37   Link #311
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Should be awesome. Have kind of lost interest in Arrow, but can come back for this crossover to be sure .
Old 2015-12-02, 02:07   Link #312
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
O......kay. So after all the awesome this episode and all the big things that happened, probably the biggest one of them all had to be the end of the episode.

When Oliver runs into the girl he got pregnant so many years ago, and her son. And judging from his reaction, he figured out who the father is.

I see a considerable speed bump in the future of his relationship with Felicity. Which would explain why they kept showing off how happy they are together. To set up the stage for when they bring the house down.
Old 2015-12-02, 03:15   Link #313
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that was lot happening. Damein. Vandal. Malcolm. Hawkman. Jay. Hawkgirl. Everyone knows everyone. And Oliver's son.

Can't wait to see what happens on Arrow.
Old 2015-12-02, 04:03   Link #314
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Life really sucks for this version of Harrison Wells. This is the second time that someone's first reaction was to shoot him. Though the first time was malicious and this time was more incompetent cop. No wonder they have her on the meta-human squad, her itchy trigger finger won't actually hurt anyone there .

Also wow Star Labs....remember that whole bit where they talked about security being upped? When the heck is that ever going to happen? Star Labs and the Arrow Cave are some of the easiest to break into places I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure somehow I could get into these places without any trouble.

But yeah, the episode itself was fine . And props to them for finally having someone in that city go "hmmm Harrison Wells is walking around....that's odd."

Vandal Savage did a great job being a serious threat. Just utterly causing havoc. Definitely a tough guy to deal with. Especially with the whole immortality thing.

They were a bit heavy with the whole "Oliver is happy" the whole time. It did pay off with the ending, but probably would have had that impact anyways .

And hey Jay got pulled out of the fridge of non-existence to be a part of this one again . Where does that man go?

In the end it was a solid episode. They did actually try to keep the Flash main plot moving along despite this team-up episode being more about Legends of Tomorrow. Still concerns about Zoom and figuring out how the heck they are going to speed up Barry enough to keep up with this guy.

Hawkman is a pro at making people....not believe him at all. I mean the guy couldn't be more suspicious and unconvincing if he tried. Nice to see Barry and Oliver bring down that winged doofus .

Next episode should definitely be interesting. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Old 2015-12-02, 09:20   Link #315
GDB

All this episode told me is that Arrow could end its current season by just asking Barry to spare an hour of his time to speed punch Damien.

Also, 4000 years and 206 deaths. Average age of death: 19-20. Savage is efficient.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 19:16   Link #316
Wandering Soul

So much for better security. If Catlin wasn't there, Patty pretty much could have just entered the building, shoot Wells and leave without no one knowing.

The ending seems to imply that Oliver realized or at least started to suspect who the father is. That is definitively going to make things difficult with Felicity. Guess now we know why spent so much time delaying Oliver's proposal to her.

EDIT: Latest summary is up http://m.imgur.com/a/bpoEF

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2015-12-03 at 18:30.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 23:44   Link #317
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-12-08, 20:57   Link #318
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ah, Mark Hamill playing evil. Such fun.
Old 2015-12-09, 01:53   Link #319
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Ladies and gentleman meet

WALLY WEST.

He's so different from his comic version, I have no idea what the writers are planning to do with his character here.

Seriously, they need to stop comparing Earth-2 Wells to the Reverse Flash. The Wells they knew was Eobard Thawne; he killed the real Earth-1 Wells and stole his appearance long before the series began, and they know this. They even got a look at Eobard's real face before he was wiped from existence, so they have the real bad Guy's face to remember instead of automatically thinking "Wells was a bad guy" from his face. At least Barry has finally come to terms with all that, which unfortunately leads us into......

Wells is roped into helping Zoom steal Barry's Speed Force by threatening his daughter's life, and even threatening Barry and the others.

And Earth-2 apparently doesn't have Christmas. But they have the Godfather. Hmmmm.
Old 2015-12-09, 03:08   Link #320
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And Earth-2 apparently doesn't have Christmas. But they have the Godfather. Hmmmm.
Earth-2 does celebrate Christmas. Jay was just trolling Caitlin by pretending his Earth doesn't have that Holiday.

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel