AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-02, 14:07   Link #301
saikou

SIGN has a few special episodes that were only on DVD. This includes one with *spoiler* a celebration in net slum that takes place after the 4 ps2 games. Kite and many other game characters are present. *end spoiler*
Old 2006-07-02, 14:11   Link #302
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
What do you mean by "Ovan is Kite".

Too many things go through my head(contridictions)
-If he is then why would he say it doesnt exist when Kite would obviously know it exists.

If he is, he mightve kept it to himself knowing it is out there and not just some guy with a craze for myths.

>.> I persoanally think that they're 2 difference people.
If they're two different people, then explain why Naobi/Yata and Ender/Pai are interested in his character data which is as large as the World? Those two are trying to extract his data from what appears to be an administrator's room similar in Legend of the Twilight. Remember when Naobi said that Ovan always plans ahead of everybody else? It's as if Ovan is the manipulator in the new World and trying to influence those around him friends and foes.
Old 2006-07-03, 01:19   Link #303
BrokenWingz

I wouldn't know ^-^"

I don't see any familiar faces from .hack// Sign in .hack//GU so i would assume it is a fair amount of timing in-between.

There is a connection between Naobi and Ovan so i wouldnt be suprised if Naobi knew his personality prior to Ovan setting up the Twilight Brigade.

I doubt Kite is the type of person that would try to manipulate people around him into friend / foe.
Old 2006-07-03, 03:29   Link #304
Tri-Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
I wouldn't know ^-^"

I don't see any familiar faces from .hack// Sign in .hack//GU so i would assume it is a fair amount of timing in-between.

There is a connection between Naobi and Ovan so i wouldnt be suprised if Naobi knew his personality prior to Ovan setting up the Twilight Brigade.

I doubt Kite is the type of person that would try to manipulate people around him into friend / foe.
There was a fire at CC Corp. The fire destroyed everything. When The World was made anew, alot of old players decided not to return to The World because they could not keep their old characters.
Old 2006-07-03, 05:10   Link #305
BrokenWingz

Yes, pardon me, still havent gotten my hands on the the later novels (e.g 5 or so)
Old 2006-07-03, 05:59   Link #306
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
If they're two different people, then explain why Naobi/Yata and Ender/Pai are interested in his character data which is as large as the World? Those two are trying to extract his data from what appears to be an administrator's room similar in Legend of the Twilight. Remember when Naobi said that Ovan always plans ahead of everybody else? It's as if Ovan is the manipulator in the new World and trying to influence those around him friends and foes.
Hmm? While it's possible that Tri-Edge and Ovan are the same person, Ovan's unusual character data has an alternate explanation in .hack//GU.

Just going by what's in //ROOTS I'd say it's very unlikely for Ovan to be Kite as Ovan remarks that it was Naobi who originally told him about Aura/the Key, whereas Kite would know all about Aura already. Of all the characters in the anime that could be from the original series only Naobi/Yata and Phyllo seem likely. Both Naobi and Phyllo know enough about the old world to be aware of virus cores and they do seem to be old friends. Still I guess we'll find out if we keep watching.
Old 2006-07-03, 16:05   Link #307
rpgman1

Bandai Entertainment started licensed the series today? Makes sense so does that mean PCB Productions will be doing the recording like they did with SIGN and Legend of the Twilight?
Old 2006-07-04, 07:27   Link #308
Friday
Im shy too...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

no more .hack to d/l....and we are half way thru the seres...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

what am I going to do now??????????????
Old 2006-07-04, 12:56   Link #309
Silpelit7
Suiseiseki's Lawyer

It kinda worries me that the show was licensed just now, when Rebirth is scheduled to be released in October. Roots is basically a prequel of the 3 new games which are coming out. I hope Bandai takes its time and does a good job on the localization... but at the same time, I really want to see the rest of the series.
Old 2006-07-05, 19:01   Link #310
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Hey guys - I recently got the .hack//sign dvd, but im a little confused with the series. Can anyone explain to me what order they are in? and also roughly how many are in each series.

cheers
Old 2006-07-05, 19:19   Link #311
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei
Hey guys - I recently got the .hack//sign dvd, but im a little confused with the series. Can anyone explain to me what order they are in? and also roughly how many are in each series.
The order for .Hack! thread might help.
Old 2006-07-06, 15:52   Link #312
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia833
Just going by what's in //ROOTS I'd say it's very unlikely for Ovan to be Kite as Ovan remarks that it was Naobi who originally told him about Aura/the Key, whereas Kite would know all about Aura already. Of all the characters in the anime that could be from the original series only Naobi/Yata and Phyllo seem likely.
This is what I thought was strange. But Ovan's persistance in finding The Key is strange as well, where as other players know about The Key, but aren't at all interested in it as much as Ovan. So there's some kind of connection and with Aura too.
Old 2006-07-06, 17:06   Link #313
Fury

14 wasnt eventful cept for ovan's return and disappearance and phyllo's fight with triedge. next week looks like we'll have more characters from the G.U. game as it looks like a tabby centric episode and still no PKK Haseo T_T
Old 2006-07-07, 02:40   Link #314
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury
14 wasnt eventful cept for ovan's return and disappearance and phyllo's fight with triedge. next week looks like we'll have more characters from the G.U. game as it looks like a tabby centric episode and still no PKK Haseo T_T
which site did you find the next episode
Old 2006-07-07, 02:40   Link #315
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury
which site did you find the next episode
Old 2006-07-08, 16:00   Link #316
ccardoso
Banned

I have some questions:
1) Are these characters the same person? They have very similiar names and the one appeared in roots played in the previous revision of The World as well.
2) Why does Haseo keep hitting the throttles where Aura's state was? What does it mean?
3) Why is Haseo so shocked of knowing where Ovan and Shino met?
4) Will we have PKK Haseo and his inner friend in Roots?
Old 2006-07-08, 16:18   Link #317
rpgman1

I don't think so to the first question. Yata and Pai did probably played the original version of the World, but they (including the third one) are possibly hackers since they don't have the power of CC Corp. administrators to sponsor events. Second question probably explains Haseo's anger and frustration of being powerless when Ovan told him to be stronger. He doesn't stand a chance against Tri-Edge anyway. Third question probably made Haseo realized why Ovan and Shino met in the first place and led to the formation of the Twilight Brigade. Fourth question, Haseo already did become a PKK in episode 13 and his inner power "Terror of Death" may emerged late in the series when he's in serious trouble on his own (Tri-Edge may probably be the trigger).
Old 2006-07-08, 17:40   Link #318
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
I believe the new char is Tawaraya, after all he did get a new body after his old one was BANNED LOL since it does seem to be like Tawaraya type, calling himself a male name, and he knows pai(aka Ender) and their no longer in the secret service or TAN, which is Tawaraya!

Also it seems Ovan..isn't ovan? looks like something possessed his PC body and Tri-Edge is after it. What a good man..nearly killing Phyllo..but then realizes he isn't ovan, I guess using just one eye is bad >_>; too much kite hair in his other eye.

1) I answered in the above post XD
2)Shino died there, why not hit the area where your lover died? He felt weak.
3)He used to stay in that area before, it's where he sat when he was considering which guild to join(Tan or T.B.) and shino was there which sorta lead him to believe she was interested. It just makes him feel worse since Ovan disappeared and he was left all alone, the beginning of the ep did show Haseo screaming out for ovan.
4)Most likely, after this ep it seems Haseo will attempt to become stronger and then search out Tri-Edge, the ep before he said 'I'll become stronger' and then he met up with his own Pk'ers, and PWNED THEM.

Sorry for using a different type of answering style rpgman, it's just how I think it goes X_X, each their own opinion =D

Answer to finding the Ep: Look for LuPerry or Za Warudo, they use BT but their the only groups that continue doing the show.

Last edited by Marioshinobi; 2006-07-08 at 17:53.
Old 2006-07-08, 18:28   Link #319
rpgman1

I think you're right about the new character formally known as Tawaraya, but in a female PC body. Haseo did say Tawaraya isn't going down easily and will come back. What about the data Yata is analyzing? He says it's there but no way to access it. Probably the data can be unlocked by a certain event since the two wanted to sponsor an event like a CC Corp administrator.
Old 2006-07-09, 01:40   Link #320
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I think I saw Kuhn in the preview for ep.15.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Yata and Pai are already in the anime.
Closed Thread