AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-05-04, 13:14   Link #301
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Strongly disagree. This isn't a Bruce subplot, it is for both of them.
All of the emotional work of Widows sub-plot story was centered around Bruce. All of the emotional work of Bruce's story was centered on himself. It is not an equal relationship sub-plot. They did things independently that advanced the main plot, but when they had their alone time, it was all really centered on Bruce or it became centered on Bruce (ala Widow's great dream sequence).

Last edited by james0246; 2015-05-04 at 20:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 13:34   Link #302
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Just to be clear James, I had Anita and her cult in mind when I saidSOMEONE. Didn't even see your comment above he he.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2015-05-05 at 07:18.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 21:04   Link #303
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
All of the emotional work of Widows sub-plot story was centered around Bruce. All of the emotional work of Bruce's story was centered on himself. It is not an equal relationship sub-plot. They did things independently that advanced the main plot, but when they had their alone time, it was all really centered on Bruce or it became centered on Bruce (ala Widow's great dream sequence).
I don't understand why you can conclude the above? I means if you replace Bruce or Widows by another character (let say Thor for Bruce or Scarlet Witch for Black Widow, or even unnamed Male/ Female charcter) that sub-plot simply will not work
Old 2015-05-05, 14:39   Link #304
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ultron was a lot goofier than I expected. Not sure how I feel how about that.

Or about the Banner/Widow romance. (Whatever happened to Betty Ross anyway?)

I can't say I liked it as much as the first one. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 15:22   Link #305
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ultron was a lot goofier than I expected. Not sure how I feel how about that.
Y'know i thought they did something very interesting with ultron. Typically when we think of artificial intelligence we think of a computer that is capable of learning and that the computer would stick to cold hard logic, but why would a computer that's given artifical intelligence necessarily stick to hard logic? A computer thinks logically because its programed to think logically and can't do anything its not programed to do. If however a computer became truly intelligent and was not bound by any programing then then what prevents the AI from thinking illogically. Why couldn't its learning lead to it being more emotional? Why would it not develop a sense of humor, or being frustrated and impatient? Heck intelligence can often bring up contraditions; when you have such flexibile thinking it can be impossible to find one single logical way things should be. A computer does exactly what its programed to do and that's why it does what's logical; but if something is truly intelligent, couldn't that intelligence in turn create the kind of flaws that would allow it to act illogical?

Vision in contrast might be the balance we would want from AI. Vision is basically an artificial intelligence but he still has certain boundaries in place as a computer. His intelligence can still lead to him acting illogical at times, but that computer half helps keep him in check creating what are essentially his version of moral boundaries that he can not so easily bypass... except in when he truly believes there is no other choice; This is seen in his decision to destory ultron. HIs programing (moral code) tells him that it is wrong to kill and he recongizes Ultron as a form of life, but his intelligence tells him that he must make an exception for Ultron because he is too dangerous.

And when it comes down to it, that goofer side to Ultron just made him as entertaining as he was threatening. Who doesn't love a villian with quirks or his own quips
Old 2015-05-05, 15:36   Link #306
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

like the movie overall but thought the banner/blackwidow thing was too obvious as a addon to attract female audiences.
Old 2015-05-05, 15:58   Link #307
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know i thought they did something very interesting with ultron. Typically when we think of artificial intelligence we think of a computer that is capable of learning and that the computer would stick to cold hard logic, but why would a computer that's given artifical intelligence necessarily stick to hard logic? A computer thinks logically because its programed to think logically and can't do anything its not programed to do. If however a computer became truly intelligent and was not bound by any programing then then what prevents the AI from thinking illogically. Why couldn't its learning lead to it being more emotional? Why would it not develop a sense of humor, or being frustrated and impatient? Heck intelligence can often bring up contraditions; when you have such flexibile thinking it can be impossible to find one single logical way things should be. A computer does exactly what its programed to do and that's why it does what's logical; but if something is truly intelligent, couldn't that intelligence in turn create the kind of flaws that would allow it to act illogical?
Megalomania and anger are illogical and I expected that. But there was something... adolescent, undignified about Ultron that I did not expect.

Also, movie AIs are always somehow too human. Cold? Logical? Like hell, it's always some mix of "exterminate humanity" and "I want to be human".

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2015-05-05 at 17:59.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 16:25   Link #308
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Megalomania and anger are illogical and I expected that. But there was something... adolescent, undignified about Ultron that I did not expect.
I can understand that. Though in a sense it kind of made sense to me as the movie went on. In a sense it kind of reflects aspects of his "dad" in Tony Stark. A certain level of immaturity and adolescent behavior, perhaps picked up because of Ultron's focus on Stark (even if it's a focus of hate).
Old 2015-05-05, 17:56   Link #309
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I kinda dislike the Banner/Natasha romance subplot since it's kinda dumping Banner's original love interest Betty Ross.
Old 2015-05-05, 18:24   Link #310
GDB

Not like he hasn't had at least 4 lovers in the comics, including non-humans.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 18:39   Link #311
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
like the movie overall but thought the banner/blackwidow thing was too obvious as a addon to attract female audiences.
Ironically, some female critics and many female audience basically said "Of all people, Black Widow chose Banner as her lover?? For God's sake, Cap is a better choice! Sheesh." in their reviews .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not like he hasn't had at least 4 lovers in the comics, including non-humans.
Which one has more lovers? Hulk or Banner?
Old 2015-05-05, 18:44   Link #312
GDB

That's... a good question. Gets especially murky when you include the 90s Hulk who had Hulk's body but Banner's brain.
Old 2015-05-05, 19:49   Link #313
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I understand that the extra stuff for the Hulk was because the studio won't be able to make another stand alone Hulk movie due to another studio having that right. So they gave him more character development while they can have him on screen.
Old 2015-05-05, 20:13   Link #314
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I understand that the extra stuff for the Hulk was because the studio won't be able to make another stand alone Hulk movie due to another studio having that right. So they gave him more character development while they can have him on screen.
So if another studio has the right, why are they able to use Hulk freely but they can't mention that the twins are mutants?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 20:19   Link #315
GDB

Because it's not an ownership issue, it's a production issue. They can produce a movie that contains the Hulk, as long as it isn't a Hulk movie.
Old 2015-05-05, 20:29   Link #316
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Universal has the rights for Hulk solo films, not the character of the Hulk. Marvel can still use the Hulk, but they cannot make a Hulk only film. At least the is the interpretation as of this year.
Old 2015-05-05, 20:31   Link #317
monster

So the other studio has the right to the mutant characters?
Old 2015-05-05, 20:46   Link #318
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

20th Century Fox has the rights to the X-men, and likely the main source of the use of the term "mutants".
Old 2015-05-05, 20:57   Link #319
monster

I guess Marvel wised up when it comes to Hulk and some others.
Old 2015-05-05, 21:42   Link #320
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

My thoughts and opinions of the movie in spoiler tags. (copy/pasta from somewhere else)

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Additionally, I don't know whether I think Avengers 1 or Avengers 2 is better. They are both solid comic book movies with good action. Avengers 1 is kinda hokey in some ways and Avengers 2 is cooler, but I enjoyed Avengers 1 more when I first saw it in theaters in 2012.