Old 2014-09-06, 02:44   Link #301
laon
Hantai

He get another blade on volume 4.

Spoiler for blade:
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 08:50   Link #302
Velsy

I have to say, chapter 14 and 15 of the manga. I didn't realize that Eina was so cute. Maybe its because she was always hiding behind the glasses previously. That being said she looks way better without the glasses O_o

Anyway reading this today, I was just trying to think why do I intend to read the light novel (since its on my to read list). I couldnt remember why, because I really hate the protagonist stupid obsession. But with the maid showing up like that, I remembered. Because all the other characters are interesting! I want to know more about the other characters, like the dark horses amongst the maids O_O

Which I guess I should ask, are the maids dark horses like I suspect? Yes or no should suffice.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 09:18   Link #303
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I have to say, chapter 14 and 15 of the manga. I didn't realize that Eina was so cute. Maybe its because she was always hiding behind the glasses previously. That being said she looks way better without the glasses O_o

Anyway reading this today, I was just trying to think why do I intend to read the light novel (since its on my to read list). I couldnt remember why, because I really hate the protagonist stupid obsession. But with the maid showing up like that, I remembered. Because all the other characters are interesting! I want to know more about the other characters, like the dark horses amongst the maids O_O

Which I guess I should ask, are the maids dark horses like I suspect? Yes or no should suffice.
I don't know what you mean by dark horse, but these maids aren't just pretty flowers. Each of them are highly skilled adventurers and that maid who likes Bell, Seal I think, is way stronger than Aizu.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 20:07   Link #304
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't know what you mean by dark horse, but these maids aren't just pretty flowers. Each of them are highly skilled adventurers and that maid who likes Bell, Seal I think, is way stronger than Aizu.
Um, no. No she isn't.

Her elf friend is an adventurer and a magician, but even she isn't anywhere near the league of Aizu and her friends.
Old 2014-09-07, 20:35   Link #305
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Nope. So far, the only known adventurers among the maid is Ryuu - the elf maid - and she's only a Level 4, while Aizu just recently jumped to Level 6.

So far, the only on in the story that could be said as well above Aizu is Ottar from Freya's Familia.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 20:37   Link #306
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Um, no. No she isn't.

Her elf friend is an adventurer and a magician, but even she isn't anywhere near the league of Aizu and her friends.
My bad. It was Ryuu.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 20:44   Link #307
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
My bad. It was Ryuu.
SHe's nowhere near Aizu's level though. Aizu just recently got upped to Level 6 while Ryuu is a Level 4.
Old 2014-09-07, 21:24   Link #308
laon
Hantai

Seal is probably Freya in disguise.
Old 2014-09-07, 21:25   Link #309
Velsy

awww, and here I was hoping the maids would be amazing (least 1 or 2 of them).. In the manga when it was said, "the owner hires anyone regardless of background".. I sorta hoped there would be someone amazing. I had thought the phrase to be a key line.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 21:31   Link #310
iLikePotatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Nope. So far, the only known adventurers among the maid is Ryuu - the elf maid - and she's only a Level 4, while Aizu just recently jumped to Level 6.

So far, the only on in the story that could be said as well above Aizu is Ottar from Freya's Familia.
You think so ? Wasn't he being contained by another familia in V3, that led to Kanu and his crew stealing the minotaur and releasing it prematurely ?
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 21:32   Link #311
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
You think so ? Wasn't he being contained by another familia in V3, that led to Kanu and his crew stealing the minotaur and releasing it prematurely ?
Uh... From what I remember, Ottar trained the minotaur up and then release it. Nothing about Kanu and crew stealing it.
Old 2014-09-07, 21:43   Link #312
iLikePotatoes

Quote:
Uh... From what I remember, Ottar trained the minotaur up and then release it. Nothing about Kanu and crew stealing it.
Volume 3, chapter 4:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-07, 22:19   Link #313
laon
Hantai

That's Ottar alone vs a legion of high level familia. And he probably intentionally let it escape knowing Bell is going to dive into the dungeon that day.
Old 2014-09-07, 22:31   Link #314
kazzuya

Quote:

Chloe is also an ex-adventurer and also the owner.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 23:00   Link #315
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
Chloe is also an ex-adventurer and also the owner.
I was just counting the maid waitresses and not the owner so...

Anywho, guess I was wrong about Ottar. Though him being suppresed by enemy forces doesn't diminish his stance since him taming an Minotaur and trained it to ridiculous level is rather significant I think.
Old 2014-09-08, 00:27   Link #316
iLikePotatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
That's Ottar alone vs a legion of high level familia. And he probably intentionally let it escape knowing Bell is going to dive into the dungeon that day.

I was just pointing out that maybe there are stronger people than him. Also I highly doubt ottar had the foresight to release the minotaur at that time. It was a coincidence more than anything.

Quote:
I was just counting the maid waitresses and not the owner so...

Anywho, guess I was wrong about Ottar. Though him being suppresed by enemy forces doesn't diminish his stance since him taming an Minotaur and trained it to ridiculous level is rather significant I think.
Yeah, I have to say he is a monster.

Even the adventurer that went one on one with Aizu, when Bell Aizu and Hestia were ambushed was a monster.
Old 2014-09-08, 00:48   Link #317
laon
Hantai

How is him alone vs a legions (that's more than one btw) fighting evenly means there are people stronger than him? I'm not saying that there aren't but this "proof" doesn't prove anything.

So he just "coincidentally" release a monster he trained vigorously for weeks just because? And even as at the same time, Freya already readied herself with a device she has to take some trouble to to obtain? If you say so.
Old 2014-09-08, 20:09   Link #318
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Seal is probably Freya in disguise.
I have thought the same for a while now, although presently it is only a feeling with only circumstantial evidence to back it up, and novels as yet untranslated (and thus unread) may have unknown to me already disproven this theory.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 21:05   Link #319
Miraluka
Banned

^Mind telling them?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 00:03   Link #320
Brin A'sair

As already mentioned, the evidence is only circumstantial. Any piece by itself is minor enough to be readily dismissed; it is only the several pieces together that cause me to wonder and think that they could be evidence that the author is hinting at the idea that Seal is Freya in disguise. I am not 100% certain, but until Seal and Freya are seen together in the same place / time I will continue to be suspicious. And, in all honesty, some of the evidence could just as easily be explained by Seal being a significant / trusted member of Freya's familia.

In any case, my reasons, few though they are, are below:
Spoiler:
As I said, each - individually - is too minor to be sure of anything. Combined, however, they seem to suggest that at the least Seal is more than she might appear, and possibly she is Freya in disguise.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance