AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-27, 17:41   Link #301
DQueenie13

By the way, guys, here are some miscellaneous notes translated from Mamare's Google docs. Most of it is unconfirmed/non-novel canon, but it has some interesting location info in it and also mentions several groups (like the Black Hand of Justice).

And this is random information, since we don't have any sort of cosplay thread, but /a/ has a guy going by the name "Pipeline anon" who finished a leather cosplay bag of Shiroe's bag of holding (and it looks pretty darn good, even if the color's a bit off; he finished the entire bag in one night while sitting in a motel no less). He may or may not work on a version of the Round Table pin that the guys wore at Eastal.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-01-27 at 17:52.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 21:44   Link #302
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
By the way, guys, here are some miscellaneous notes translated from Mamare's Google docs. Most of it is unconfirmed/non-novel canon, but it has some interesting location info in it and also mentions several groups (like the Black Hand of Justice).

And this is random information, since we don't have any sort of cosplay thread, but /a/ has a guy going by the name "Pipeline anon" who finished a leather cosplay bag of Shiroe's bag of holding (and it looks pretty darn good, even if the color's a bit off; he finished the entire bag in one night while sitting in a motel no less). He may or may not work on a version of the Round Table pin that the guys wore at Eastal.
For some reason Taiwan and Hong Kong is suddenly part of South-east Asia...

Hopefully it is not critical research failure.....

Edit: Any pretty interesting that Hong Kong and Taiwan is part of South-East Asia Server.... it means the region's culture is now larger.

Second Edit: More Epic Sea Adventure yeah?
Old 2014-01-27, 21:55   Link #303
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
For some reason Taiwan and Hong Kong is suddenly part of South-east Asia...

Hopefully it is not critical research failure.....

Edit: Any pretty interesting that Hong Kong and Taiwan is part of South-East Asia Server.... it means the region's culture is now larger.

Second Edit: More Epic Sea Adventure yeah?
Are we reading the same document? Mine says that Hong Kong's part of China. Taiwan is part of SE Asia; I don't think they'd be very happy about being a part of China. (Although that is interesting because politically, the U.S. does not officially recognize Taiwan as a separate country, so I'd assume that being an American-based company that Taiwan would be part of China. I suppose all server assignments were chosen by country/server.)
Old 2014-01-28, 01:19   Link #304
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Time for more adventures of Spice Brandy then.
Old 2014-01-28, 02:14   Link #305
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Are we reading the same document? Mine says that Hong Kong's part of China. Taiwan is part of SE Asia; I don't think they'd be very happy about being a part of China. (Although that is interesting because politically, the U.S. does not officially recognize Taiwan as a separate country, so I'd assume that being an American-based company that Taiwan would be part of China. I suppose all server assignments were chosen by country/server.)
I was looking at the graphical map though.... probably might be an error (since it is fan-made).

Anyway, may be because the Developers have different opinion about Taiwan and trying to get around the issue?

Or May be it was due the (South-East Asian)Company that licensed the game, have a branch in Taiwan.
Old 2014-01-28, 04:18   Link #306
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Hmmm interesting information about the oceanic...

Perth is the HQ of green & green.... Odd usually Perth is completely overshadowed by the
eastern capital cities... Now I am very interested.

Love the names too
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 14:30   Link #307
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Getting back to Original Creation topic.....

Although it is a little early.... so that I can fix it before even mentioning it.

Spoiler for Prestige:

If it can't be fix.... well, I always got Plan B for it.

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-01-28 at 19:57.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:03   Link #308
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

Dude, even healing draw aggro, and you think debuffing won't?
Old 2014-01-29, 10:48   Link #309
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

*check's DQueenie's link*

Oh, it's the guy that made the ET world map =O

Quote:
Quote:
I was looking at the graphical map though.... probably might be an error (since it is fan-made).

Anyway, may be because the Developers have different opinion about Taiwan and trying to get around the issue?

Or May be it was due the (South-East Asian)Company that licensed the game, have a branch in Taiwan.
Actually agetreme is not eitherly wrong, just that his map is bit out-dated

Before Mamare published his notes on Formosa last November, Taiwan was listed as part of the SEA server. The map that agetreme referred to came from what I call the "pre-Formosa" period. Some of the older documents, like the previously mentioned non-canon miscellaneous notes, still bear reference to this (see the cities listed under SEA and you'll find Taipei and Kaohsiung).

In other words...

Before November 2013, agetreme would be right to say that Taiwan is part of the SEA server (which I think the Taiwanese themselves would prefer rather than to be lumped together with China ).

However, from November 2013 onwards, after the settings on Formosa has been finalised, Taiwan is now canonically part of Greater China.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 14:54   Link #310
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazgrane View Post
Dude, even healing draw aggro, and you think debuffing won't?
Harder to draw aggro doesn't mean it don't draw aggro.

The reason is that as damaging skill, the damage isn't high and it is like feeling a sting (sometimes literally since the damage penalty thing can actually reduce the whole initial damages to zero) but realize that it is actually more than just a sting, a poison sting much later

Unlike other classes, this class accumulate hate slowly rather than gaining it immediately (low damage means enemies barely feel the sting until much later), which is why it was mentioned that it truly shine when supported by other class.

Without a Tank or DPS to constantly draw hate away, the accumulated hate will eventually caused the class to be considered a serious threat by monsters due to the total amount of damages it was dealing.

To put it into example:

What the Hex does is deal 4 hate upon the initial Hit (due to low damages. would have been lower but it is higher due to the debuff) but continuously generate 1 hate every second while the Hex debuff is active.

It is more like:

Casting three hexes at once.
4+1+1+1+1+1..etc (both DoT and Debuff will deactivate in seconds)
4+1+1+1+1+1...etc
4+1+1+1+1+1...etc.

It is not going to generate as much hate compared to Sorcerer's spell, 15 hate on initial hit... and not counting the debuff (frozen, slow, burn...etc).

Also three spell at once:
15+15 +15

However, if the Class does not take note of the number of Hex active at the time, the class will end up generating more hate than Sorcerer.

=

The whole idea is: This class has the strength of All three Magic Attack Class but also their weakness.

Sorcerer:
Strength: High magic Damages (through multiple DoT damages).

Weakness:
-Go through MP like water (when this class go full on offensive)
-Need a tank to draw hate away.

Summoner:
Strength: Versatility (able to do Damages, debuff, Hp and Mp recovery)

Weakness: Miro-management needed to maximize effect/damages.

Enchanter:
Strength: Debuff, Mana recovery, low spell cost (actually due to passive mana recovery)

Weakness: Weak Damages (Initial Spell Hit anyway)

Why it got more Enchanter's advantage is simple: this class is supposed to be Prestige version of Enchanter.

=

Might alter the skill effect of Hex, to make them feel less threatening since it is all about disrupting natural flow of energy in opponent's body.

The lore of the Class is: Mage (presumably Enchanter) observed the flow of energy within a living body (Through Mana Management) and learned to use that knowledge more aggressively to kill/make enemies sick by disrupting the flow of their natural life-energy.

=

However since the whole prestige class thing is in early stages/incomplete.... It will eventually stop working at some point of time. (My plan B)

=====

Edit: Editing in progress

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-02-04 at 09:41.
Old 2014-01-30, 13:08   Link #311
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yashiro's straight woman and the guild's cool onee-san figure.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:35   Link #312
agetreme
Just another Idiot

So.... she is straight? (Incredibly lame pun)... I mean she is not a Cross-player?
Old 2014-01-31, 22:04   Link #313
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They are not unless I state otherwise. Just because the main lead of my story, and various characters, is a G.I.R.L (male to female or female to male), it doesn't mean that all of them are.
Old 2014-01-31, 22:51   Link #314
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They are not unless I state otherwise. Just because the main lead of my story, and various characters, is a G.I.R.L (male to female or female to male), it doesn't mean that all of them are.
What is the current ratio of Cross-players to Players-playing-own-gender in that guild now after the catastrophe?

=

[Corrupted]/[Abomination]: Strange new race of monsters with human or vaguely human features. Unlike the [Genius], these monsters lack hax ability but are equally if not more dangerous since they express certain level of intellect that surpass Demi-humans, have the ability to adapt to situation and appeared to be more experienced than [Genius]. Most players just assumed that they are part of the new patch and did not give too much thought about it.

Edit: The name Corrupted and Abomination is made up by the Adventurers to describe the abhorrent appearance of the monsters.

Diabolus Pactum: A Scribe's overskill that convert Landers into boss monsters and enslaved them into the contractor's command. The overskill don't need Phantasmal Grade items....However in exchange, it need more ingredients to make the items needed for the overskill and have the additional requirements of lots of Demi-humans.

Once the condition is fulfilled, it activate a dark rite that use Demi-humans' souls as resources(Mana) and break down their bodies as additional materials needed to complete the process.

Probably due to the lack of Phantasm grade ingredients, this skill doesn't affect Adventurers or Boss Monsters.

==

Edit: Since I am having fun....

The most dangerous boss ever in Elder Tale....

It hold many title, Overlord of Dreaded Doom and Eternal Death. Slayer of Gods, Destroyer of 13 Worlds.

Its entrance is filled with corpse of those foolish enough to even graze upon it.

Originally a Party Boss but now a Raid Boss due to difficulty in beating the Boss at party level......

Its name strike fear to all Level 90 Raid Players....

So dangerous that even the Thirteen Chivalric Orders would not even go near it without an army....

So powerful that even difficult boss such as Ruseato of Seven Prison would wet its pants upon hearing its name....

and so cuddly and cute that people would want to hug it but would end up as mangled corpse later....

Behold, Northern Europe's ultimate most Badass Big Bad Boss:

Fluffy The (Killer) Rabbit.

What so scary:
> It deal high damages due to its high level...(Level 100 in level 90 cap)
> If your back is turn, it dish out critical damages that is high enough to take out a Monk or Guardian.
> It has instant death skill that will instantly take down any unit within its range, it cost little MP and has short recast time. Luck reduce the probability of instantly death but the probability is still 50% even with max Luck stats.....
> It is small....and fast. Trying to select it as a target is already damn hard....Now that the game is real.... trying to hit it is damn hard

Good News: Thankfully it is a Time-limted Boss, if your party manage to survive for 30 Minutes, an NPC would throw a Grenade that will kill it (until it respawn anyway). The Keyword here is Survive, unless your raid party consist only of Clerics(and Healers), the possibility of surviving is actually very low.

Players were not sure themselves but they suspect that it is probably a reference to the Rabbit's demonic nature....So far, only one Guild managed to barely survive the encounter.....with a Raid Party full of Clerics.....

Rumors had it that the experience was so traumatizing that the guild break up soon after defeating it......

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-02-01 at 03:51.
Old 2014-02-01, 20:16   Link #315
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
What is the current ratio of Cross-players to Players-playing-own-gender in that guild now after the catastrophe?
Only two, to my knowledge. It's suggested that there are a lot more we don't get to see, but, well, we don't get to see them.

Quote:
[Corrupted]/[Abomination]: Strange new race of monsters with human or vaguely human features. Unlike the [Genius], these monsters lack hax ability but are equally if not more dangerous since they express certain level of intellect that surpass Demi-humans, have the ability to adapt to situation and appeared to be more experienced than [Genius]. Most players just assumed that they are part of the new patch and did not give too much thought about it.
Regular monsters are actually doing this already.

Quote:
Diabolus Pactum: A Scribe's overskill that convert Landers into boss monsters and enslaved them into the contractor's command. The overskill don't need Phantasmal Grade items....However in exchange, it need more ingredients to make the items needed for the overskill and have the additional requirements of lots of Demi-humans.

Once the condition is fulfilled, it activate a dark rite that use Demi-humans' souls as resources(Mana) and break down their bodies as additional materials needed to complete the process.
Scribes have the ability to change subclasses, but so far there's no sign they can change race. That would probably be more the area of alchemists and their physical changing potions.

Quote:
Fluffy The (Killer) Rabbit.
Caerbanog. Its name is Caerbanog.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 03:51   Link #316
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Regular monsters are actually doing this already.
Well, Abomination only add to the problems....

Not to mention, Monsters don't gain exp faster than Adventurers. Abominations does...

Quote:
Scribes have the ability to change subclasses, but so far there's no sign they can change race. That would probably be more the area of alchemists and their physical changing potions.
Actually a Combined overskill of Alchemist + Scribe.

Alchemist provide one of the ingredients for the Ink and Scribe make the ink and paper. The combination of the two is the reason why it used up so many ingredients and has difficulty getting to phantasm grade.

However with that being said, I will still change it to "Creating a Demonic Slave Sub-class" (Solo version of the same overskill). I just realize that the party of the Scribe may not actually have an Alchemist to pull off that stunt.

Edit: The overall effect is mean to provoke a sense of Dark version of Shiroe's overskill (Same effect)..... And Prestige Classes(Same method)

The intention is different however.....

Quote:
Caerbanog. Its name is Caerbanog.
Didn't realize that rabbit has a name.... I thought that is the name of the cave?

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-02-02 at 07:38.
Old 2014-02-03, 06:23   Link #317
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

Monsters need to gain exp? First time i heard this.

If you need stuffs for that Diabolus thingy, I can provide a slot in "Unholy Legion" for antagonizing purpose.

This "Unholy Legion" is a guild of Necromancers, which I intend to have them construct Necropolises around the world and start creating undead armies
Old 2014-02-03, 06:32   Link #318
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazgrane View Post
It's just Agex coming up with weird stuff.
Old 2014-02-03, 07:26   Link #319
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Well, there is nothing saying that monsters can't gain exp like Landers.....

I thought the title of [Abomination] and [Corrupted] are obvious clues.....

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's just Agex coming up with weird stuff.
Yea... pretty much.

Edit: Flying Ship(Sea Breeze) is the only stuff that I wouldn't bother to give explanation.

Quote:
If you need stuffs for that Diabolus thingy, I can provide a slot in "Unholy Legion" for antagonizing purpose.

This "Unholy Legion" is a guild of Necromancers, which I intend to have them construct Necropolises around the world and start creating undead armies
How obsessed are the Unholy Legion in power? How far are they willing to go for that power?

Edit: The Scribe is basically Kyubey.... so it might turn into even evil has standard thing....

Second edit:
Personality-wise is more like a Demon: If you want favor, you must be willing to pay a certain price (note: Not always proportionate to your wish) and he will always twist the deal to his advantage.

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-02-03 at 08:09.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:46   Link #320
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well, there is nothing saying that monsters can't gain exp like Landers.....

I thought the title of [Abomination] and [Corrupted] are obvious clues.....

Spoiler for Spoilers:
... No it doesn't? Outside of a few minor race-specific bonuses and penalties, body has no extreme impact on your combat viability. Teeny-tiny Akatsuki is doing as much damage as a bug, lugging assassin would.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original content