AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 19:39   Link #301
Mentar
Banned

Knowing the series might enable you to make fewer incorrect assertions and improve the quality of your contributions. Unless, of course, you're not really interested in quality contributions in the first place, and rather intend to troll the fanbase. But you'd never dream of that, would you?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:39   Link #302
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Considering you keep coming here to post about your frustrations despite the fact that you don't even intend to give this series a real chance, I'd say you already are drinking acid.

you know what i do with acid? Stay away from it and let the people who want to play with it to do what they want.
For me I will just ignore them ^_^ that's all why would I waste time defending if the said person is very narrow minded right?

So I will wait a new topic to discuss rather spending time with someone doesn't spend time reading the ln slowly
Old 2014-05-23, 19:45   Link #303
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Knowing the series might enable you to make fewer incorrect assertions and improve the quality of your contributions. Unless, of course, you're not really interested in quality contributions in the first place, and rather intend to troll the fanbase. But you'd never dream of that, would you?
I would have done much worse if I really want to shit up the Mahouka subforum.
Right now, I'm just a disgruntled poster who is just vocal enough to voice out his issues with the Mahouka series, disregarding how incorrect my bases are.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:56   Link #304
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Haters gonna hate oh well it's really useless I guess to talk to them especially narrow minded ones

On-Topic: I do wonder if Azusa has similarity on Japanese myth
Old 2014-05-23, 20:19   Link #305
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I would have done much worse if I really want to shit up the Mahouka subforum.
Right now, I'm just a disgruntled poster who is just vocal enough to voice out his issues with the Mahouka series, disregarding how incorrect my bases are.
Even if you loathe the series, if you are basing your opinion on something even someone who's been barely paying attention can tell is wrong, it's just as ridiculous as something saying he won't eat sashimi because he hates avocado.

On the other hand, I do think that some of the points you previously listed specifically about Tatsuya as being a source of your dislike are accurate. I do feel you're blurring Tatsuya and Miyuki into one character for the rest of it though.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 20:24   Link #306
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Would actually learning more about the series really help in reconsidering my opinions? That's impossible.
The other users already knew that the series is definitely not gonna be interesting to me.
The problem is: you actually know nothing about the series at all. You asked a question about "if there are martial artists in mahouka", when if you only read chapter 2 from vol 1 of the LN or watch episode 1 from anime you would get your answer.

You're talking ill about something you don't even know about and come asking stupid questions like "martial artists" and "the difference between ancient and modern magic". From what I could tell reading your posts, not even you know why you dislike Mahouka. Again, how would you know since you did not even read it....

PS: No one here is asking you to like Mahouka or read the entire novel. You should just go to another thread that talks about something you actually like and understand instead of wasting your time just to annoy us here.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:46   Link #307
millie10468

Hmm, I'm of two minds about this whole issue about not the guy who says he hasn't fully read the novels but doesn't like certain characters and aspects.

On one hand, it feels wrong to close ranks on him by saying he should gtfo if hasn't fully read the novels. This forum shouldn't be a circlejerk where critics of characters or aspects of the novel we like get shut down. People are entitled to criticize what they don't like, even if it's Tatsuya (though I don't understand how one can keep reading if one is so clearly against the person whose eyes through which we see through... but that's his own business, after all).

On the other hand, that guy seems to believe he completely understands the entire story and its characters just by skimming through the novels. Wouldn't it be so much more logical to fully read the novels in order to find more convincing evidence for what he finds distasteful? Who know, minds can be changed during that process.I find it difficult to understand how an opinion can be based off on poorly read materials.

Just my 2 cents

But it might hit an iceberg...

Last edited by millie10468; 2014-05-23 at 22:57.
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:58   Link #308
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'll be watching the anime series again, this time trying to absorb every detail as I can while avoiding Yoku Wakaru, which I think is just a crutch to compensate Madhouse's inability to explain everything in the anime series. I'll take it as a challenge since I rarely drop an anime series (last series I dropped his Hidan no Aria).

Let's do this!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 23:05   Link #309
Rava

Quote:
I'll be watching the anime series again, this time trying to absorb every detail as I can while avoiding Yoku Wakaru, which I think is just a crutch to compensate Madhouse's inability to explain everything in the anime series. I'll take it as a challenge since I rarely drop an anime series (last series I dropped his Hidan no Aria).

Let's do this!
This is probably a good time to do that, with 9 Schools starting tomorrow.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 23:05   Link #310
bakato

Quote:

Let's do this!
Yeah. I don't think the staff is even trying to understand the mechanics.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 23:16   Link #311
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I just wish we could get to Yokohama already and end all this "YAMATO DAMASHII" bullshit...

Seriously...all this trouble because of a bunch of idiots on 4-chan posting "facts" and "skill lists" before Enrollment was even fully translated...

We didn't cut the cancer before it spread, and now we're suffering for it...geez...
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 01:13   Link #312
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I just wish we could get to Yokohama already and end all this "YAMATO DAMASHII" bullshit...

Seriously...all this trouble because of a bunch of idiots on 4-chan posting "facts" and "skill lists" before Enrollment was even fully translated...

We didn't cut the cancer before it spread, and now we're suffering for it...geez...
wow. That's mean. Yet, i somehow expect 4chan to do something like this.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 09:35   Link #313
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Hmm where to begin? Well First and Foremost my "question" is; Who would have rather have read a story that's somewhat the same as what's been going on but instead of Miyuki having a bro-complex she actually detests,
Spoiler for other possibilities of her ire:
him? but over time she grows to herself that's already apparent in the First Volume and so on. So it'd be also different too. lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 11:38   Link #314
Astraeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Hmm where to begin? Well First and Foremost my "question" is; Who would have rather have read a story that's somewhat the same as what's been going on but instead of Miyuki having a bro-complex she actually detests,
him? but over time she grows to herself that's already apparent in the First Volume and so on. So it'd be also different too. lol
Change over time and "character development" sure sounds nice... currently, Miyuki's crush keeps growing a bit every other volume, but considering we're 13 volumes in, she sure hasn't changed much.

So I say YES TO CHANGE! (but does it have to be a classical tsundere?)
Astraeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 09:57   Link #315
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post

Miyuki would be Kirino (Oreimo) v2
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 21:55   Link #316
rladls2121

I wanted to ask this question for a long time.

Do you people know how the country Korea and Korean people are in this novel?
I'm really want to know about how the author write about it in the novel.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:02   Link #317
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I wanted to ask this question for a long time.

Do you people know how the country Korea and Korean people are in this novel?
I'm really want to know about how the author write about it in the novel.
It's mostly chinese. The Great Asian Alliance, which is comprised of nearly every asian country on the continent of Asia, is a totalitarian regime. For good reason, mind you. They lost nearly all of their magic research due to the Yotsuba, which makes them cavemen compared to other magically developed countries. Not a very nice position to be in during a cold war-era.
Old 2014-06-13, 22:08   Link #318
rladls2121

No wonder I cannot find any trace of clear information in the translated novel.

So it wasn't just me after all that careful reading word after word, Koreans in this series is almost non existant, I guess.

Thank you very much.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:18   Link #319
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
No wonder I cannot find any trace of clear information in the translated novel.

So it wasn't just me after all that careful reading word after word, Koreans in this series is almost non existant, I guess.

Thank you very much.
Well, there are mentions here and there. Tatsuya's little Halloween stunt used Geojedo as a levee to protect Japan from the tsunami caused by his own attack.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-06-16 at 17:07.
Old 2014-06-16, 16:11   Link #320
anonfr

So, there's a Mahouka video game coming out for the Vita. Did anyone else know about this?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote