AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-16, 18:50   Link #301
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
This should be on the Tatsuya or Miyuki thread but I don't see him with Miyuki simply because she is simply a sister in his eyes, no matter what she does.

Now back to Mayumi...Do you think she will die in the next volume?
Are we killing Mayumi off now?
She should die the moment she accept her feelings to Tatsuya.
From the current development Tatsuya can't use regrowth in a dying person, which would be a good weakness for not saving Mayumi in her death bed.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 19:02   Link #302
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Are we killing Mayumi off now?
She should die the moment she accept her feelings to Tatsuya.
From the current development Tatsuya can't use regrowth in a dying person, which would be a good weakness for not saving Mayumi in her death bed.
He can't save dying person? Pretty sure Miyuki and Miya was dying in volume 8.

I think dead person is the one that he can't save, and instant death is pretty much erase that possibility (to use regrowth).
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 02:54   Link #303
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
He can't save dying person? Pretty sure Miyuki and Miya was dying in volume 8.

I think dead person is the one that he can't save, and instant death is pretty much erase that possibility (to use regrowth).
If you read the LN you'll know that its different now and then; in any case theres no benefit in saving Mayumi; or rather the fuel thats supporting MayumiXTatsuya is slow running out of gas bcuz theres no backing out in Koichi's plan. Its basically lower Yotsuba's strength or die like a trash.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-09-17, 03:07   Link #304
novalysis

I personally think that Mayumi is going to be offered to the Yotsubas as a peace offering in the aftermath of Koichi's scehems. After all, once Miyuki is declared the Heir, everyone is going to regard Tatsuya as brother to the clan Heir, and would automatically assume he is a Yotsuba (unless the Yotsuba publicly denies it). The only question is whether Maya, and Miyuki would accept such a potential offer.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 03:10   Link #305
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
If you read the LN you'll know that its different now and then; in any case theres no benefit in saving Mayumi; or rather the fuel thats supporting MayumiXTatsuya is slow running out of gas bcuz theres no backing out in Koichi's plan. Its basically lower Yotsuba's strength or die like a trash.
He can do that now too, at the battle in Yokohama he basically spamming Regrowth on dying 101 Battalion soldiers.

I think the only difference is before Tatsuya can't control it (as he can't disable it to avoid suspicion), but he can now. Pretty sure it was mentioned in the early volume, not sure which though.

As long as it's not instant death (or overuse of magic like Honami did), he can save them.

I'm not sure about there's no benefit. Even if he saved her in a whim, she will still owe him a favor, which is not exactly a bad thing to have.
Old 2014-09-17, 04:06   Link #306
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
He can do that now too, at the battle in Yokohama he basically spamming Regrowth on dying 101 Battalion soldiers.

I think the only difference is before Tatsuya can't control it (as he can't disable it to avoid suspicion), but he can now. Pretty sure it was mentioned in the early volume, not sure which though.

As long as it's not instant death (or overuse of magic like Honami did), he can save them.

I'm not sure about there's no benefit. Even if he saved her in a whim, she will still owe him a favor, which is not exactly a bad thing to have.
Tatsuya is expiriencing backlash from the use of regrowth on Mitsugu and thats only from losing an arm thats not even fatal; so if you think about it using on a dying person, its like Tatsuya will expirience neither pain but death itself. I think the more he recovers his emotion; the symptoms of his regrowth changes. Its not gonna convert to pain anymore but his gonna expirience what the person expirience.

And beside what happend in Yokohama was hes on active duty; its his duty to save them; so what reason or whos order would Tatsuya answer to help Mayumi?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-09-17, 04:34   Link #307
Tanatat Knight

Quote:
Tatsuya is expiriencing backlash from the use of regrowth on Mitsugu and thats only from losing an arm thats not even fatal; so if you think about it using on a dying person, its like Tatsuya will expirience neither pain but death itself. I think the more he recovers his emotion; the symptoms of his regrowth changes. Its not gonna convert to pain anymore but his gonna expirience what the person expirience.

And beside what happend in Yokohama was hes on active duty; its his duty to save them; so what reason or whos order would Tatsuya answer to help Mayumi?
Pretty sure Miyuki won't be too happy considering that Mayumi were one of the first people to treat Tatsuya well, despite him being a weed.

Even if Mayumi hasn't done much for Tatsuya throughout the series, doesn't mean Tatsuya can't save her without someone's order.

While you are correct that Tatsuya has been using regrowth on the Yokohama soldiers because he was on duty. He also saved Mitsugu on "order" of his cousins.

Now there is no hint on whether Mayumi will die during this conflict and it also most unlikely whether she is popular or not.

In any case, Tatsuya won't just leave Mayumi to die because he wasn't "ordered" to save her.

Also the "fuel for Mayumi X Tatsuya fan is running out?" I think it just renewed now that Mayumi is starting to realize that she love him.
Tanatat Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 04:46   Link #308
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanatat Knight View Post
Pretty sure Miyuki won't be too happy considering that Mayumi were one of the first people to treat Tatsuya well, despite him being a weed.

Even if Mayumi hasn't done much for Tatsuya throughout the series, doesn't mean Tatsuya can't save her without someone's order.

While you are correct that Tatsuya has been using regrowth on the Yokohama soldiers because he was on duty. He also saved Mitsugu on "order" of his cousins.

Now there is no hint on whether Mayumi will die during this conflict and it also most unlikely whether she is popular or not.

In any case, Tatsuya won't just leave Mayumi to die because he wasn't "ordered" to save her.

Also the "fuel for Mayumi X Tatsuya fan is running out?" I think it just renewed now that Mayumi is starting to realize that she love him.
One of the first? Is manipulating a person to join the PDC is considered a good treatment?

Tatsuya isnt that nice...Tatsuya doesnt even consider her as a friend. From future development theres a high chance that hed consider her as an enemy regardless of what she thinks of him. And if you think about Tatsuya had never use regrowth without someone ordering him except in vol. 8.

The problem is that the moment she realized her feelings is that it would be too late. Its either te Seagusa is destroy or release from numbers.Which is the only reason why Mayumi is ship with Tatsuya is that their families are like RomeoXJuliet?

PS: your forgetting that the reason Yotsuba is getting attack is because of the Seagusa; from The past History of Tatsuya and Yotsuba who ever puts them in harm shall perish; either its a clan, family, terrorist, or a foriegn country. They will all die. thats why they are untouchables.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-09-17, 04:51   Link #309
Echizen777

Quote:

Pampz, I think I already know the answer but do you dislike Mayumi?

We know how Regrowth works, ti has nothing to do with emotions so your theory is wrong. He doesn't need to be on duty to save her, he would save her because he cares about her, simple as that, in the Yokohama arc, he precisely didn't abandon his friends because he cared about them knowing perfectly that his only duty was to protect Miyuki. The scenario of her being almost dying is unlikely anyway, even in Tatsuya's usual group of friends Miyuki is the only one able to beat her, she has Multi-Scope permitting her to notice if she is followed too. In the same volume we have a Tatsuya so worried for his friends that he asked Yakumo to protect them, he is much nicer than before, or becoming as he was prior to the artificial magician project.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 04:54   Link #310
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:

If you're talking backlash, he experience backlash at battle at Yokohama too. It was stated that his 'regrowth' ability requires him to read the information of the target's eidos, including the pain. So he already experience pain when he 'restore' Kirihara's leg and Isori's back. That happened before he spam those regrowth on dying 101 Battalion soldiers.

It was never stated that the more he recover his emotion, it'll change the symptom. Besides, 'recover his emotion' part is still vague at the moment.

What makes you think Tatsuya needs an 'order' to save Mayumi? It's just like if Erika is dying, will he really let her die? I honestly doubt it. I think he will not save them only if Miyuki asked him not to, but will Miyuki do that?
Old 2014-09-17, 05:09   Link #311
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Pampz, I think I already know the answer but do you dislike Mayumi?

We know how Regrowth works, ti has nothing to do with emotions so your theory is wrong. He doesn't need to be on duty to save her, he would save her because he cares about her, simple as that, in the Yokohama arc, he precisely didn't abandon his friends because he cared about them knowing perfectly that his only duty was to protect Miyuki. The scenario of her being almost dying is unlikely anyway, even in Tatsuya's usual group of friends Miyuki is the only one able to beat her, she has Multi-Scope permitting her to notice if she is followed too. In the same volume we have a Tatsuya so worried for his friends that he asked Yakumo to protect them, he is much nicer than before, or becoming as he was prior to the artificial magician project.
Lol i dont hate Mayumi; just the fans or rather Iam bored at work so yeah.

I know how regrowth works but what happend to Tatsuya's phantom pain where he expirience his sudden lost of arm.beside how can you say that my theory is wrong when the mind is still a black box? Pls enligthen me as to where does Tatsuya cared for Mayumi? And Mayumi isnt even on the friendzone? yes Tatsuya is becoming nicer but that is only centers to him, Miyuki and his friends.

Quote:
If you're talking backlash, he experience backlash at battle at Yokohama too. It was stated that his 'regrowth' ability requires him to read the information of the target's eidos, including the pain. So he already experience pain when he 'restore' Kirihara's leg and Isori's back. That happened before he spam those regrowth on dying 101 Battalion soldiers.

It was never stated that the more he recover his emotion, it'll change the symptom. Besides, 'recover his emotion' part is still vague at the moment.

What makes you think Tatsuya needs an 'order' to save Mayumi? It's just like if Erika is dying, will he really let her die? I honestly doubt it. I think he will not save them only if Miyuki asked him not to, but will Miyuki do that?
The backlash he expirience in Yokohama is x times the pain but the backslash he felt when using regrowth in Mitsugu is loosing off an arm which clearly has been different from the past usage of regrowth. Iam 100% sure that Tatsuya would never use regrowth on Erika; or rather Erika wouldnt let him.(based on my delusions)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-09-17, 05:23   Link #312
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
The backlash he expirience in Yokohama is x times the pain but the backslash he felt when using regrowth in Mitsugu is loosing off an arm which clearly has been different from the past usage of regrowth. Iam 100% sure that Tatsuya would never use regrowth on Erika; or rather Erika wouldnt let him.(based on my delusions)
If we're talking about 'x', It was stated that it's based on time, the longer duration of the wound, the more 'x' pain he experience. Maybe they took too long to Mitsugu? I don't have the raws so I can't really tell.

Erika would choose dying .. instead of trying to get back to people who is trying to kill her? That's .. not like Erika at all.
Old 2014-09-17, 05:24   Link #313
Tanatat Knight

Quote:
One of the first? Is manipulating a person to join the PDC is considered a good treatment?

Tatsuya isnt that nice...Tatsuya doesnt even consider her as a friend. From future development theres a high chance that hed consider her as an enemy regardless of what she thinks of him. And if you think about Tatsuya had never use regrowth without someone ordering him except in vol. 8.

The problem is that the moment she realized her feelings is that it would be too late. Its either te Seagusa is destroy or release from numbers.Which is the only reason why Mayumi is ship with Tatsuya is that their families are like RomeoXJuliet?

PS: your forgetting that the reason Yotsuba is getting attack is because of the Seagusa; from The past History of Tatsuya and Yotsuba who ever puts them in harm shall perish; thats why they are untouchables.
So I guess Tatsuya has no obligations to save anyone huh? I guess that extend to his group of friends he hanged out with. He doesn't care about what they did, as long as one day they would oppose him then he would just kill them as well. Well you win on this one. Tatsuya doesn't care about anyone other than Miyuki, including his so called "friends".

Considering that no one is aware of the Saegusa-Yotsuba conflict at this present, there is many different ways that this story could go around. (I mean the characters)

I also think Tatsuya won't go so far to kill Mayumi but what is possible is that he might definitely kill Koichi for starting the event to attack the Yotsuba.

So far, the author is playing Mayumi like the innocent girl that dosen't know anything about her family's affairs. I personally find it unjust if the author decides to kill Mayumi off just because she was part of the Saegusa and the fact that Saegusa is coming to an end is the perfect way to kill her off.

The only reason to ship Mayumi and Tatsuya is because their families are like Romeo and Juliet? I'm pretty sure there are more other reasons to ship them. I personally ship them because I like their childish-mature relationship, I don't care about their families.

P.S: Don't be too biased on Mayumi. I understand that their are many possible ways that the next arc can end, but kill her off like that seems very unjust and a huge sucker punch.

Also I apologize on behalf of the other Saegusa fans that might have attacked your opinion. It will do no good to change your opinion but i don't think it very fair for you to continue that same cycle in a much more nicer place.

Last edited by Tanatat Knight; 2014-09-17 at 05:27. Reason: Need to Clarify
Old 2014-09-17, 05:48   Link #314
Echizen777

Quote:
Lol i dont hate Mayumi; just the fans or rather Iam bored at work so yeah.

I know how regrowth works but what happend to Tatsuya's phantom pain where he expirience his sudden lost of arm.beside how can you say that my theory is wrong when the mind is still a black box? Pls enligthen me as to where does Tatsuya cared for Mayumi? And Mayumi isnt even on the friendzone? yes Tatsuya is becoming nicer but that is only centers to him, Miyuki and his friends.

Tatsuya's magic is not related to emotions, Regrowth was explained and it doesn't work like that because his urges were suppressed. As for Tatsuya caring for Mayumi, what makes you say she is not a friend really? Does he need to state it to be considered true? Isn't their relationship friendly enough already? It should be obvious at this point of the story.
Old 2014-09-17, 05:51   Link #315
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
If we're talking about 'x', It was stated that it's based on time, the longer duration of the wound, the more 'x' pain he experience. Maybe they took too long to Mitsugu? I don't have the raws so I can't really tell.

Erika would choose dying .. instead of trying to get back to people who is trying to kill her? That's .. not like Erika at all.
Regrowth explanation is kinda BS; theirs no gurantee that pain is the only that the person is expiriencing; Iam thinking that if Tatsuya reads the eidos on the said time span; it wouldnt be wierd that there are mixed emotion in that information. On Mitsugu's regrowth scene probably rather than being overwhelmed by the pain of losing an arm; the feeling of lossing an arm is much stronger. That involves fear, grief, regret and pain. So my theory is that the more Tatsuyas urges comes back the more he prone to share the same emotion/feelings of the person.

Do you think a sane person would let someone expirience the pain;you were expiriencing much more if its more stronger than the one you felt? Especially if you hold that certain someone special? Erika would choose to die than let Tatsuya expirience pain or death; rather everyone who thinks that Tatsuya isnt just a tool.

Quote:
So I guess Tatsuya has no obligations to save anyone huh? I guess that extend to his group of friends he hanged out with. He doesn't care about what they did, as long as one day they would oppose him then he would just kill them as well. Well you win on this one. Tatsuya doesn't care about anyone other than Miyuki, including his so called "friends".

Considering that no one is aware of the Saegusa-Yotsuba conflict at this present, there is many different ways that this story could go around. (I mean the characters)

I also think Tatsuya won't go so far to kill Mayumi but what is possible is that he might definitely kill Koichi for starting the event to attack the Yotsuba.

So far, the author is playing Mayumi like the innocent girl that dosen't know anything about her family's affairs. I personally find it unjust if the author decides to kill Mayumi off just because she was part of the Saegusa and the fact that Saegusa is coming to an end is the perfect way to kill her off.

The only reason to ship Mayumi and Tatsuya is because their families are like Romeo and Juliet? I'm pretty sure there are more other reasons to ship them. I personally ship them because I like their childish-mature relationship, I don't care about their families.

P.S: Don't be too biased on Mayumi. I understand that their are many possible ways that the next arc can end, but kill her off like that seems very unjust and a huge sucker punch.

Also I apologize on behalf of the other Saegusa fans that might have attacked your opinion. It will do no good to change your opinion but i don't think it very fair for you to continue that same cycle in a much more nicer place.
Yes Tatsuya doesnt have obligations; he didnt even use regrowth on Leo when he was attack by a vamp. The only time Tatsuya has used regrowth is with Miyuki,her wishes, order and duty.

Well killing Mayumi off is just my wish, it doesnt have to be that way. I think the author is deciding how to end each harem.

Ps: Iam only bias when Erika is involve so dont misunderstand that.

Iam bored so the best way to get response is to piss off people and troll them. So i dont take them personally.

@Echizen: my friend theres a line between being nice and respecting the other side. From my POV Tatsuya isnt being nice to Mayumi but he respecting him. Being nice is what you see in Taysuya group.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-09-17, 06:06   Link #316
Tanatat Knight

Quote:
Regrowth explanation is kinda BS; theirs no gurantee that pain is the only that the person is expiriencing; Iam thinking that if Tatsuya reads the eidos on the said time span; it wouldnt be wierd that there are mixed emotion in that information. On Mitsugu's regrowth scene probably rather than being overwhelmed by the pain of losing an arm; the feeling of lossing an arm is much stronger. That involves fear, grief, regret and pain. So my theory is that the more Tatsuyas urges comes back the more he prone to share the same emotion/feelings of the person.

Do you think a sane person would let someone expirience the pain;you were expiriencing much more if its more stronger than the one you felt? Especially if you hold that certain someone special? Erika would choose to die than let Tatsuya expirience pain or death; rather everyone who thinks that Tatsuya isnt just a tool.

Yes Tatsuya doesnt have obligations; he didnt even use regrowth on Leo when he was attack by a vamp. The only time Tatsuya has used regrowth is with Miyuki,her wishes, order and duty.

Well killing Mayumi off is just my wish, it doesnt have to be that way. I think the author is deciding how to end each harem.

Ps: Iam only bias when Erika is involve so dont misunderstand that.

Iam bored so the best way to get response is to piss off people and troll them. So i dont take them personally.

@Echizen: my friend theres a line between being nice and respecting the other side. From my POV Tatsuya isnt being nice to Mayumi but he respecting him. Being nice is what you see in Taysuya group.
"sigh" It fine to troll a person once to get an attention but don't repeat it too much. Especially since you don't like Mayumi, just try to keep it at a good spirited banter level.

Since this is discussing the possibility of the next volume, but I think we should change the topic to something more pleasant before it goes out of hand.

Last edited by Tanatat Knight; 2014-09-17 at 06:13. Reason: Clarify
Old 2014-09-17, 06:40   Link #317
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
"sigh" It fine to troll a person once to get an attention but don't repeat it too much. Especially since you don't like Mayumi, just try to keep it at a good spirited banter level.

Since this is discussing the possibility of the next volume, but I think we should change the topic to something more pleasant before it goes out of hand.
Oki Iam done at work anyway so yeah. Have fun

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-09-17, 07:32   Link #318
Echizen777

OK, let's change the topic.

Quote:
Tatsuya’s stated premises for opposing either of the pair taking part in Mirage Bat which were ‘Kasumi has an inclination for Row and Gunner’ and ‘Izumi has an aptitude for Ice Pillars Break’ were not lies. The distinctive trait of the Saegusa clan’s magicians was ‘a lack of weak areas’ which could also be stated as having an aptitude for every kind of magic. Mayumi was rather unusual for having a clear specialty.
It was only one paragraph but I find it quite interesting, why does she lack the distinctive trait of the Saegusa despite the fact that magic is inherited? She and her sisters have the same mother so it is rather odd don't you think?
Old 2014-09-17, 07:44   Link #319
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
OK, let's change the topic.
It was only one paragraph but I find it quite interesting, why does she lack the distinctive trait of the Saegusa despite the fact that magic is inherited? She and her sisters have the same mother so it is rather odd don't you think?
The author's writing style is extremely well detailed, so I assume, the author may have another thing on his mind when he gave Mayumi with such power.

1. Mayumi may be genetically modified.
2. Mayumi may be simply irregular in Saegusa.

#1, I don't think, it is possible for Saegusa to perform this.
#2, we have the extreme example of Tatsuya, so it is possible.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 08:17   Link #320
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
The author's writing style is extremely well detailed, so I assume, the author may have another thing on his mind when he gave Mayumi with such power.

1. Mayumi may be genetically modified.
2. Mayumi may be simply irregular in Saegusa.

#1, I don't think, it is possible for Saegusa to perform this.
#2, we have the extreme example of Tatsuya, so it is possible.
That's exactly why I find it intriguing. So far every magicians shown traits of their families, their powers comes from their genetic makeup, even though Tatsuya is an extreme case, he fits because his powers are those of the 2nd lineage of the Yotsuba but it's not the same for her, the possibility that she has been genetically modified is extremely low but there should be a reason why she has a specialty despite being a Saegusa. She lacks her family's main traits while the main traits are apparent in the case of all the other members of specific clans.