Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-14, 09:22   Link #301
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the spoiler.

Spoiler for reply:

I'll try posting the earlier thing in the anime thread, then (will have to find it first).
Old 2017-12-14, 12:41   Link #302
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Thanks for the spoiler.

Spoiler for reply:

I'll try posting the earlier thing in the anime thread, then (will have to find it first).
Spoiler for 31:
Old 2018-01-07, 02:19   Link #303
n0m@n
C-Z

It's not DBS but Dragon Ball SD volume 5 is coming out in Feb.

Wonder when DBS volume 5 is coming out as well. There should be enough stock by now.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 11:15   Link #304
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kanon: Thanks for spoiler and additional info and clarification. Yeah, I also agree about Goku and Gohan's relationship in the anime.

@Noman: What's Dragon Ball SD?
Old 2018-01-10, 22:24   Link #305
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Cant wait to see how they treat Gohan in the manga, let's not forget that unlike the anime he hasnt even fought yet since the RoF, but apparently Piccolo is going to grind him **HARD** lol
Old 2018-01-11, 11:50   Link #306
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I wonder how strong Gohan is at the moment in the manga, and if the manga will make his jump in power over such a short time more believable. Definitely sounds like his training will be harsher than in the anime at least. I'd like it if both Goku and Piccolo trained him.
Old 2018-01-17, 02:53   Link #307
n0m@n
C-Z

Watched a video made by a Japanese reader regarding Vegeta's new form which was made in August. Chapter 27 in the actual Japanese one shows Vegeta saying that there might be a form beyond blue. He said "That means...there's still something beyond it". Though in the English one translated by VIZ they translated that part as "That means...I still have a long way to go" (Chapter 27 page 36). Volume 4 which is the latest volume only covered till chapter 24 so I have to wait till volume 5 comes out to read the actual Japanese one (for some reason only korean or english raw is only available online).

Anyway, I wonder if the new form Vegeta showed in the latest TV episodes would be the same in the manga and if Goku will be attaining this form in the manga as well (since he doesnt use SSJBxKaiouken in the manga).
Old 2018-01-17, 13:50   Link #308
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoilers for chapter 32 are out.

Spoiler for 32:

About Vegeta's new form in the anime, I'm pretty sure it's anime original, just like Goku using kaoiken with Blue. In the manga, these forms are replaced by Mastered SSB.
Old 2018-01-17, 16:00   Link #309
grecefar

>In any case, he's wearing Piccolo's gi for the tournament, as was already shown on the V-Jump cover a while back.

cool we all know what happend when he used that gi
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 17:09   Link #310
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

SUPERB chapter! Everything points that the manga's version of ToP is going to be even more amazing and somewhat balanced.

Caulifla being a sort of gang leader was an interesting change, apparently she also helps the people in need, nice touch.
This chapter also confirms that Goku wasnt using SSGSS (Mastered) vs Toppo.
Kale actually looks incredibly strong, but still shy. It's obvious she's showing signs of her greater potential.
Goku vs Freeza happened off-screen, but it's pretty obvious who won lol

All in all, the manga really feels nicely put together when compared to the anime.
Old 2018-01-23, 17:33   Link #311
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
SUPERB chapter! Everything points that the manga's version of ToP is going to be even more amazing and somewhat balanced.

Caulifla being a sort of gang leader was an interesting change, apparently she also helps the people in need, nice touch.
Kale actually looks incredibly strong, but still shy. It's obvious she's showing signs of her greater potential.

All in all, the manga really feels nicely put together when compared to the anime.
Because they've all the time in the world to pulled it better in front the short time anime have, manga can learn the anime mistakes and improved it, is unfair that comparasion at times
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 18:29   Link #312
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Like, I get the point you're trying to make, but at this stage the stories are very different, so there isnt anything to be "fixed" in the literal sense.

Toriyama only gives the general events of the arc, and Toyotaro (manga) or Toei (anime) execute it how they see fit.

So it's not that the manga had more time, it's just that Toyotaro understands Dragon Ball more, so the manga ends up being better.
Old 2018-01-23, 20:10   Link #313
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Because they've all the time in the world to pulled it better in front the short time anime have, manga can learn the anime mistakes and improved it, is unfair that comparasion at times
I don't think its unfair. I mean when it comes down to it, what the manga did was actually very simple and its something the anime writers could have come up with if they put some more thought into it.

The biggest improvement was to Kale and it was all really simple. The simple act of Kale quietly, but quickly stealing from super saiyan Cabba without him noticing is a very subtle show of power that implies some deeper potentially. And Heck even Cabba gets to show off a bit since he already figured out that Kale will most likely be useful and is more powerful than she lets on, while Caulifla still thinks she's not ready. Kale also feels like she has a bit more personality than just a fragile flower who cries "onee-sama". Best of all it looks like they are saving the big reveals of their power for the tournament when it would be FAR more climatic, rather than spoiling it beforehand (this is just painfully obvious)... also we avoided "back tingles"

Also did i miss a chapter or did they not bother to address why Master roshi made the short list for the fighters they should bring? Cause without a MASSIVE power up, it feels like no one should even consider bringing him along because of just how far he fell behind everyone... granted, i personally never cared for master roshi's inclusion; thanks to ridiculous power levels it always felt like a major asspull to try and make him a relevant fighter again.
Old 2018-01-23, 20:13   Link #314
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Also did i miss a chapter or did they not bother to address why Master roshi made the short list for the fighters they should bring? Cause without a MASSIVE power up, it feels like no one should even consider bringing him along because of just how far he fell behind everyone... granted, i personally never cared for master roshi's inclusion; thanks to ridiculous power levels it always felt like a major asspull to try and make him a relevant fighter again.
They asked Goku who they should bring, and he doesn't really care so just picked people he knew.

Also, everyone except Bulma forgot Yamcha existed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 00:20   Link #315
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post

Things always get easier when you got reference material (anime) to do so.

Also, I wish the manga readers should stop shitting on the anime. If you guys are truly think anime is inferior (and refused to entertain the concept where you can enjoy both of it or treat it as a different entity), perhaps you guys should stop watching it in the first place?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 08:41   Link #316
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Things always get easier when you got reference material (anime) to do so.
They both had the same reference (Toriyama's drafts). And it's not like the manga JUST got better. It's basically been better since the U6/U7 tournament, when it was ahead of the anime.

Quote:
Also, I wish the manga readers should stop shitting on the anime. If you guys are truly think anime is inferior (and refused to entertain the concept where you can enjoy both of it or treat it as a different entity), perhaps you guys should stop watching it in the first place?
You can enjoy watching it and still consider it inferior and mock it for being such. In fact, refusing to do so because you "like it" means you probably don't really like it and are trying to force yourself to enjoy it while ignoring all that's wrong with it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 08:47   Link #317
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They both had the same reference (Toriyama's drafts). And it's not like the manga JUST got better. It's basically been better since the U6/U7 tournament, when it was ahead of the anime.
Anime could be used to test water and fan reactions, and then go for improvisation or different approach. Also, I don't think manga is better. It has its moment but it also have a lot of not memorable scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You can enjoy watching it and still consider it inferior and mock it for being such. In fact, refusing to do so because you "like it" means you probably don't really like it and are trying to force yourself to enjoy it while ignoring all that's wrong with it.
If someone had already made up their mind that anime is inferior from get-go, then they should stop watching it instead of shatting on it every seconds.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 11:59   Link #318
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Lol? Sure, I dislike some aspects of the anime (power level scaling is just horrible in general) but it doesnt mean I should out right hate it and stop watching... I enjoyed some of the fights, the animation has its moments and the soundtrack to back it, it's still a very enjoyable watch.

But I just can't swallow some things, like SSR Trunks or SSGSS Kaioken (which shouldnt even be a thing in the first place), to name the few. Compared to the manga, it just doesn't feel right, even if we're talking about Dragon Ball.

So yea, while the manga is still doing things better, I will definitely praise it.
Old 2018-02-18, 15:32   Link #319
n0m@n
C-Z

Korean scan is out. Android 17 eliminated the first person in PoT and it was someone who he didn't eliminate in anime.
So we can expect the elimination order and who eliminates who to be much different than in the anime.
Old 2018-02-18, 18:41   Link #320
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This feels like an actual battle royal, with the Universes fighting each other instead of taking turns to fight U7 and U6. U7 is still getting all the eliminations though, I hope that will change next chapter.

Tags
donkan mc