AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would your rate this week's episode?
* 1 0.64%
** 1 0.64%
*** 14 8.92%
**** 51 32.48%
***** 90 57.32%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-28, 11:16   Link #301
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
Tremalkinger, I find it ironic that when you have all this evidence that Erstin is a good person and possibly feels indepted to Arika, that you can consider a chance event, or a certain smile, which could be falsely interpreted due to your own beliefs or your own schema, and throw away all that we know about Erstin - just so that you can make her a villain's accomplice.
I'm not throwing away anything. No matter what's happening, I do not believe that Erstin is doing anything she thinks would hurt Arika. This isn't about getting rid of Arika to have Nina to herself... that's way way out of character. She's trying to help Tomoe, by being friends with her and acting nice and helpful, and was unwittingly duped into sending Arika into the ambush. That doesn't seem out of character to me at all.

Quote:
And no, there is no evidence that Erstin is struck psychotic by a lovey-dovey thing.
Nope, there isn't. Erstin, like most people that exhibit her level of selflessness, are extremely good at holding in their own pains and worries, but she's not psychotic either. However, it's undeniable that something is seriously wrong for her... her uncertain look when the three girls are discussing becoming Meister Otome seals that. Whether that's a simple case of self doubt, or bigger overall problems like what I've been speculating about is up for discussion.

Quote:
In order for us to believe that theory you will need to come up with a motive. What motive is there for Erstin to cooperate with someone like Tomoe.
There's no motive for her to knowlingly cooperate in a plan to hurt Arika or Nina, but there's plenty of evidence for her to help Tomoe, simply because she's exteremly nice and kind... and because Tomoe is incredibly manipulative. Do you really think its beyond Tomoe to dupe Erstin into something?

EDIT: I'd like to think that if this theory is right, that episode 16 has opened her eyes and she'll stop helping and covering for Tomoe... but that wouldn't make for a plot. If the theory is right, then we'll probably see Tomoe convincing Erstin to do one more thing, which will probably be much more painful.

Last edited by Tremalkinger; 2006-01-28 at 12:19.
Old 2006-01-28, 15:53   Link #302
Kigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical
Of course, I'm becoming sure that, in the fashion of Natsuki, Nina will die by green sparkles. Nagi will kill Sergay and Nina will kill Nagi, which will kill Nina.
Does the Otome die if the person they contract to die? I'd think it'd be kinda silly if they did, say the king dies of a heart attack. So the guardian dies too? that could work vice versa too x.X

In MH it was stated that if the HiME died the child and person most important to them dies too. If the child dies only the most important person dies too, and if the most important person dies only the child is effected.

I don't read the manga but is there a place where the king/queen dies and the otome dies or is still alive? Rena could've been an example but she already lost her powers when the king of Windbloom died.
Old 2006-01-28, 15:56   Link #303
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigo
Does the Otome die if the person they contract to die? I'd think it'd be kinda silly if they did, say the king dies of a heart attack. So the guardian dies too? that could work vice versa too x.X
That's how it works, remember what happened in episode 6 where Arika fought that Slave? When she got hurt Mashiro got hurt in the same spot as well.

It's to ensure their loyalty to each other and the seriousness of the issue.

Quote:
I don't read the manga but is there a place where the king/queen dies and the otome dies or is still alive? Rena could've been an example but she already lost her powers when the king of Windbloom died.
Uh Rena had a child prior to the incident... How the heck did you come to that conclusion?
Old 2006-01-28, 16:03   Link #304
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
It was a money issue from before. Artai's a poor country so they couldn't afford one until now. They had two in the running up until now - but just getting one Otome is enough.
That doesnt make much sense. Tuition is pretty expensive, but I dont think its so expensive that a country couldnt afford training an otome. Remember what Arika's friends told her in the cafeteria when she got the bill. Irinas tuition is paid by Ealis. Erstin's are paid by her parents. That is the main clue. While a parent can be well-to-do or rich, they cant possibly be richer than a country. So Garderobe's tuition is similar to a Ivy/top college's tuition. In othe words, too expensive for a student to pay her way via a McDonald-ish type job, but not so expensive, that well to do parents cant pay.

Also consider that Sergey is paying Arikas tuition. I assume its from his own salary. And who pays his salary? Artai. So they can afford otome. They just havent had one graduation yet. In one of the episodes they explained how Artai tried to boost its infantry and still couldnt take on 1 otome. Which is why they want one. Otome are the symbol of a country's strength. Without one, ather countries look down on you.

Or so it seems. Anyway, thats my opinion.

Edit: As I checked ep4 to get info on who was paying Irena & Erstins tuition, (timeframe 15:00) I ran into something Ironic. This Tomoe hatred wouldnt have happened IF she hadnt interuptted Miya-chans questioning of Arika. Miya was asking her "Then why was someone like you..." at which point Tomoe stopped her. If she hadnt stopped her, Arika may have mentioned her mom was an Otome and may have shown them the Souten no Seigyoku. Question answered. End of jealousy. So in effect, the true piece of incompetent garbage was Tomoe herself for unknowingly making the biggest blunder ever.

Last edited by Souten no Seigyoku; 2006-01-28 at 16:41.
Old 2006-01-28, 18:20   Link #305
Qbi Sannin

During the scene where black envelopes were being handed out...the one where one is being received BY a red sleved coral. The shadow of the person shows that the person has hair that is...spiked out and downward or something. When I compared the corals' hairs...I came to the conclusion that the recipient could either be:

A: Irina
B: Erstin

I am 98% doubting that it is Tomoe because of the shape of her hair. ANYONE else wager a guess on who the spiked end hair coral could be?
Old 2006-01-28, 19:15   Link #306
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin
During the scene where black envelopes were being handed out...the one where one is being received BY a red sleved coral. The shadow of the person shows that the person has hair that is...spiked out and downward or something. When I compared the corals' hairs...I came to the conclusion that the recipient could either be:

I am 98% doubting that it is Tomoe because of the shape of her hair. ANYONE else wager a guess on who the spiked end hair coral could be?
I've suggested that before, but some people think that was just the bow's shadow, not the hair's (though I still don't agree, there's no way the bow's shadow could look like that).
Old 2006-01-28, 19:21   Link #307
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ
I've suggested that before, but some people think that was just the bow's shadow, not the hair's (though I still don't agree, there's no way the bow's shadow could look like that).
I dismissed the idea last night but thinking about it I am not so sure anymore.

Whoever receive that letter has got to be someone we seen before 1. becuase it is too late to introduce more characters. They are introdcuing enough characters already. 2. Blackshadows like that usually mean someone we seen already while it might not be either irnia or erstin it will defintely be someone in the coral classs we seen before.
Old 2006-01-28, 19:43   Link #308
Qbi Sannin

It could be either one of their friends. I forgot the names of them. But other than Irina and Erstin...the shortest girl also has that spiked end hair.
Old 2006-01-28, 20:03   Link #309
USCPharmacist

Tomoe is garbage? Well she was called "junk" in another show so ....XD

As to why Shiho become Floren Otome, remember that Kasu jerk stole Akane from Floren? Well in order to prevent OMFG war, Katia (sp?) decided to give Shiho up to Floren as an apology. So basically Otomes train for their sponser normally, but can be traded like rice and spice in the foreign avisor screen (civilazation, anyone? XD). Shiho seems to like the deal though, it seems Floren gives her a pretty good salary, I guess. What a traitor!! Just wait till war breaks out and the Floren king order her to kill her own family.

BTW I can't wait till next week when the Zerg start killing everyone. And unfortunately for the Otomes, no one know how to psi storm....Well maybe Natuski can cast some blizzard, but I doubt Midori and her pet will let her channel for long... (I really need to quit Wow)
Old 2006-01-28, 20:18   Link #310
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ
Apparently you've never seen shadows before have you?

Also the fact that the the shadow is that of the right side of the Otome. Even if it was the hair it can't be Irina or Erstin or Tomoe.

1 - Erstin doesn't exactly have spikey hair

2 - Irina's hair is shorter and doesn't cover her shoulder, plus, her hair curves more

3 - Tomoe doesn't have spikey hair

THis is worse than that time when everyone thought that Erstin was in league with Tomoe. I'm not saying the shadow isn't Tomoe but the shadow is just ambigious. Anyone can tell that the shadow is that of the complete right side of the Otome and none of the girls' hairs go that far across.
Old 2006-01-28, 20:29   Link #311
Pleroma

Considering how the shadow has a clear bell outline below the "hair" thats either one hell of a mutant otome or gee, I dunno, a DRESS!

It can be any coral otome. Its obvious that something is not quite right with Erostin, but I would say this is taking it too far. Irina just makes no damn sense and none of the other known corals are really prominent enough to matter. My guess its another red herring and it will be someone unknown.

PS: one last time, because I am still confused. What exactly are Shwartz and Aswald and which is the one seemingly working with Nagi?
Old 2006-01-28, 20:47   Link #312
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin

May I suggest:
C:Yayoi

Everyone forgets that cutie.
Old 2006-01-28, 20:51   Link #313
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Tomoe is garbage? Well she was called "junk" in another show so ....XD

BTW I can't wait till next week when the Zerg start killing everyone. And unfortunately for the Otomes, no one know how to psi storm....Well maybe Natuski can cast some blizzard, but I doubt Midori and her pet will let her channel for long... (I really need to quit Wow)
Well Tomoe was calling Miya useless garbage, but it looks to me as if its the other way around because if she hadnt interupted Miya back then, Arika wouldve told them everything and there wouldnt be any jealousy. Well she finally figured out it was because of the gem and still went after her so Im probably wrong.

So far several otome have demonstrated weapons similar to MH. Nao's spidery strings for instance. So maybe Natsuki has a gun-like weapon that can shoot down multiple targets. Or they can have special moves that kill a ton of slaves at once as seen in both OPs.

Edit: Shwartz (Shibaratsu) is the group working with Nagi. Aswald is Midoris group
Old 2006-01-28, 20:56   Link #314
Qbi Sannin

Looking back at the episode scenes...it could be a distorted view of the robe frills... then again I can't tell for sure. Ff You look at 2:29 where it shows the shadow...it's abit hard to make whether it's the frills or the person's hair.

Also, to whoever mentioned Irina doesn't have spiked. Look at scene 5:00-5:10 where it shows Irina and Erstin side BY side. You can see Erstin's hair is spiked downward abit. And Irina has that spike thing going down as well...cept hers is higher. I tried getting a screen cap from the episode but for some reason whenever I tried to save it...it becomes a a black screen
Old 2006-01-29, 00:33   Link #315
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Doremi's is up. Yay! Better late than never.
Old 2006-01-29, 00:38   Link #316
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
No kanji in karaoke for this week.
Old 2006-01-29, 00:38   Link #317
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

At least it's still within the "Saturday PST" time frame.

Pretty good episode overall, better than the cry-fest of episode 15.
Episode 17, shit's going down.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-01-29, 01:40   Link #318
Kigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
That's how it works, remember what happened in episode 6 where Arika fought that Slave? When she got hurt Mashiro got hurt in the same spot as well.

It's to ensure their loyalty to each other and the seriousness of the issue.

Uh Rena had a child prior to the incident... How the heck did you come to that conclusion?
We've never seen Mashiro get hurt physically and see Arika feel it? Only Arika get hurt phsyically and Mashiro feels it.

I said Rena COULD'VE been an example but she already lost her powers. Her king was killed yet she was still alive at the time, she hid the baby. The king was already dead then (probably). Their contract was already nullified but it's the closest case to a Otome being alive and their contractor.
Old 2006-01-29, 01:49   Link #319
Asianknight82
Banned

It would seem that only when an otome goes into battle mode is when the feeling of pain is transfered from otome to master. Cause you see Arika gets hurt all the time normally and it has no effect on mashiro at all. Just a theory, which is probably true :P
Old 2006-01-29, 02:21   Link #320
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave

For everyone argueing about the "shadow" and who it might be let me ask you all of one thing: Where is her shoulder if that's the shadow of her hair?

If that's someone's hair then they are the scrawniest person alive. It's the bow on the right side of the uniform.
Closed Thread