Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-07, 12:32   Link #301
Nightfly
The eternal sleeper

Send a message via MSN to Nightfly
i read Higurashi Kai on this board

does it mean there's a second serie going on?

cuz the first is still very hot whitin my head, so i'm dying to know
Old 2007-10-07, 12:42   Link #302
yangxu

Kai = Solution

This is the "2nd season" that supposedly provides all the answers that the first season didn't.
Old 2007-10-07, 12:58   Link #303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
For all the failed arcs where Takano wins, do we know if Takano is still alive or has she succumbed to the L5 condition in which she resorted to "seppuku"?? There has already been clues in TIPs and in the final arc that says that Takano already has worsening conditions days before watanagashi. And if Irie is dead then so is the cure and eventually Takano too?
There isn't any clue what happens to the failed worlds, past the point their respective arc is done.
Basically, considering how Takano is, it is very unlikely she dies.

as for Irie, he is required for the development of this, it is hardly believable that he is only one person to know how to lessen/cure the syndrome.
Quote:
Takano's efforts seem futile without Irie to cure the Hinamizawa syndrome eating her. Going into hiding seems like a wierd concept of Godhood, I though she would replace the Emperor or something but maybe not. I don't think she can go public after this or will she? Or would she claw her throat out in a cave somewhere? I am kinda unconvinced that she will stop only with Hinamizawa. I've yet to see her empire come to fruitation. Just a curious fellow here.
Takano doesn't give a crap, considering they developed a temporary vaccine. however, she doesn't seem to realize she has been affected.

She doesn't want to replace the emperor whatsoever, her god wish is rather to have her name transcending humanity, and thus fulfilling Hifumi Takano's plea. in the same extent, she "proves" her grandfather theory, and so, she got her revenge against "those who stepped on his works".

high chance she will still work within the army, quite praised and under black ops and such.
Quote:
Also I am a bit confused with the character revival concept here. Are the characters excluding Rika, the same characters soul and body being transferred to the next world or are they totally seperate entities in the new Hinamizawas??
They aren't transferred at all. However, considering that the world is rewinded and reset, considering how this power is, it isn't far fetched that the characters can "remember" of some things.
However, they are striclty the same. So the coward keiichi from Onikakushi-hen is exactly the same charismatic keiichi in minagoroshi.
the differences is their development around the fate of 1983 and some factors (syndrome, etc.)
Old 2007-10-07, 16:53   Link #304
Nightfly
The eternal sleeper

Send a message via MSN to Nightfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangxu View Post
Kai = Solution

This is the "2nd season" that supposedly provides all the answers that the first season didn't.
hmm gonna check that one!
Old 2007-10-08, 12:15   Link #305
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Takano doesn't give a crap, considering they developed a temporary vaccine. however, she doesn't seem to realize she has been affected.

Was she also infected? I know that
Spoiler for matsuribayashi-hen:
Old 2007-10-08, 12:19   Link #306
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's what i though as well, considering that she didn't exactly had any peculiar sign of the syndrome. (considering her environment and past, if she was ever infected, she would go panzer for a long time i believe)
And this is much worse considering what happened before (aka: Don't step on them!!!).

I probably should reread the pieces, as her "madness" look more like a simple manipulation of the weak than truely the syndrome itself (that unknown woman in that car, huhu)
Old 2007-10-08, 12:30   Link #307
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Maybe that woman was just a hallucination
Old 2007-10-08, 13:28   Link #308
Rias

I dunno, she did phone in to consult the Hinamizawa Hotline in the previews
Old 2007-10-21, 04:58   Link #309
MrAnonymous

Hey, I registered because I got tired of inserting the valification code every time I search for something, and I figured I might as well come out and directly discuss this stupendously complex series with the finest minds of the Internet. Reading through the TIPS and the Pieces was quite an ordeal so I couldn't bother braving the umpteen pages of this and the Q&A thread so sorry if I'm just reiterating old points here!

Spoiler for Okay so:
Old 2007-10-21, 05:06   Link #310
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Takano doesn't bother about the public, but with what happens within the governement. The incident is a bomb which has blown in such proportions that it is realizing what she aimed for.
Also, the situation for the "public" is alos interesting, with fast spread of rumors and such because of inconsistency.

The permission, OTOH, was a countermeasure they had for some time ago and it wasn't disposed due the volatile aspect of the disease.
That said, it wasn't really ordered to be disposed, but it was certainly the budget issue and the time spent on this project which were the problem for the higher up.

As for the yamainu, very hard to tell. (personally, their objective etc aren't exactly because of Takano, but i guess it is the nature of this elite force)

And yes, with Watanagashi and Meakashi alone, it is very safe to claim that the Queen Theory is just a piece of bullshit, a mere excuse for Takano to slaughter the village, and so, accomplishing her plan.
Old 2007-10-21, 05:16   Link #311
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And yes, with Watanagashi and Meakashi alone, it is very safe to claim that the Queen Theory is just a piece of bullshit, a mere excuse for Takano to slaughter the village, and so, accomplishing her plan.
However, couldn't there be the possibility that Takano believed the theory herself?
Old 2007-10-21, 08:22   Link #312
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

a yamainu is like an elite soldier. they dont question what the superior orders them to. they just do it
Old 2007-10-21, 11:01   Link #313
MrAnonymous

I can respect that, but still, the Yamainu were given to Takano by Tokyo so I just figured they would at least ask for confirmation from higher-ups before they go and erase an entire village off the map. But idk, chain of command I suppose (and Tokyo had perhaps already disbanded with the death of Koizumi...if it was ever referred to by that name in the games to begin with?)
Old 2007-10-21, 14:29   Link #314
MarthX

Takano herself has to have permission to do that. That's why she kills Rika.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:44   Link #315
Rias

Spoiler for Yamainu + Takano:
Old 2007-10-22, 09:26   Link #316
MrAnonymous

Oh yeah that does makes sense, especially considering how shocked Tomitake was when Okonogi sided with Takano and she announced that she had been controlling the Yamainu from the very beginning. That statement was apparently true moreso than Tomitake, Irie or anyone else ever expected!
Old 2007-10-24, 23:31   Link #317
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Well that is why I thought more than just Rika was being reset. They remembered some of the events from before. So I thought that when Rika died, everyone just reset with her. Also, at the end of like 12 or 13 of season 2, all the 'souls' of the group said sorry and they would try harde rnext time.
Old 2007-10-25, 08:03   Link #318
June 1983

I think the idea is that Hanyuu is actually creating new worlds out of the old ones when she resets time. In this way, I guess you could say that therefore, the souls of all possible Keichiis, Renas, etc., are connected. That's why he could remember. I'm seriously just speculating here, though; someone who has played the game might have a better explanation.
Old 2007-10-26, 01:07   Link #319
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Well that is why I thought more than just Rika was being reset. They remembered some of the events from before. So I thought that when Rika died, everyone just reset with her. Also, at the end of like 12 or 13 of season 2, all the 'souls' of the group said sorry and they would try harde rnext time.
Based on the game it seems that although there are many worlds, each counterpart in each world has the same soul which experiences what happens in all the worlds. Although the world continues even after Rika leaves it, it is therefore possible for the traumas and guilts repeated again and again in previous worlds to be communicated to the children in the next. Other people may be having spells of deja vu as well, but few people ever suffer as intensely and repetitiously as the members of the club do.
Old 2007-10-26, 09:03   Link #320
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

If it is that little god who is resetting, why don't they accept fate and just let Rika die?