AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-04, 22:52   Link #301
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestapo View Post
well, ive already acknowledged its going to be a normal human eye, and the youma-eye should be quite superior.....
Defensive types can re-grow limbs at full strength, so as I said, it will be as good as her old ones.

Quote:
However, don't you think its kinda silly to keep blind now that her cover has been blown? i mean, it doesn't matter now that she regen at least her normal human eye, u know, to help her walk and not look so...scarred XD
It is possible there is a time limit on the regrowing thing, we have never realy delved into it before.

Quote:
The blinded eye only serve 2 purposes from what i can see:
1. teaches Galatea to be able to better read Youma energy ---> done
2. hide her identity ----> already found out by mummy clarice and baby miata, not counting the guards to raise suspicion based on clarice's question.
If she regained her sight it is possible her increased Yoki-reading abilities would diminish, as she will start to rely on her sight again, so it is possible that she wants to keep them that way.

Quote:
Based from what I know now, both purposes has been fulfilled.

So in conclusion, provided Galatea survives this battle and has time to rest afterwards, there is NO reason whatsoever for her not to re-gen her eyes, especially for someone who prefers to maintain her looks (she doesnt like muscling her body until she has to when fighting duph), and plus, having sexy eyes DOES matter to any decent lady, plus having eyes DOES help you walk and see you know, and finally, it will restore her to the #1 sexiest claymore to date .

Galatea's personality seems to have changed a bit over the years, she might not be as vain as she was before in all honesty. The possibility of losing her new "insight" would also be something to consider.

I think people just want Galatea to have eyes so they can enjoy her more aesthetically, but I actually think Galatea has gained a different sort of beauty through her blinding, especially when we hear her talk about being human.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:16   Link #302
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post

Galatea's personality seems to have changed a bit over the years, she might not be as vain as she was before in all honesty. The possibility of losing her new "insight" would also be something to consider.

I think people just want Galatea to have eyes so they can enjoy her more aesthetically, but I actually think Galatea has gained a different sort of beauty through her blinding, especially when we hear her talk about being human.
My how she sure changed for the worst
Old 2007-11-04, 23:18   Link #303
Temmy
★masquerade
*Graphic Designer

I liked this chapter. Galatea is as bad ass as ever. Can't wait to see who's gonna win the fight.

^Thanks mikoo!
Old 2007-11-04, 23:21   Link #304
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

You know it'd be pretty interesting if whatever howled was what killed Maita's parents. I can just see her going all berserk on it, and Galetea's reaction.
"And I thought Claire was troublsome..."
Old 2007-11-04, 23:31   Link #305
azurie

remember beauty is more than skin deep a soul's beauty can't be measured by what you it's measured by what you feel and what is displayed towards others and their perceptions of your actions. Having said that I agree her beauty has indeed grown quiet a bit infact as Teresa became more awesome having Clare around and thus becomming more "human" so has Galatea for the same reason. She has discovered what she lost by becomming a warrior. She has found a human life again something all warriors seem to strive for incase you all have forgotten. Humanity is their goal in some form or another unless their Ophelia in which case you're just insane and don't give a flyin leap.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:36   Link #306
viese

eyes

I think Galatea`s injury is probably for a fight with a yoma or AB. Since Galatea was in hiding she couldn’t use any of her yoki, making the fight a bit harder for her and allowing the opponent to get a lucky hit in. This hit probably made the opponent underestimate the now blinded Galatea causing her to be able to kill it. Since she was in hiding she knew she couldn’t regenerate her eyes without exposing herself, and being smart she decided to make the best of the situation and hid where she would have the least chance of being found, a city that didn`t allow claymores within it`s walls. Odds are that although Galatea was able to sense Clarice and Mitia coming she was with the children at the time and didn`t want them to know she was a Claymore and to remember her as a normal person, so instead of regenerating her eyes she sent the children home.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:47   Link #307
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurie View Post
remember beauty is more than skin deep
I stopped reading here.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:54   Link #308
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
You know it'd be pretty interesting if whatever howled was what killed Maita's parents. I can just see her going all berserk on it, and Galetea's reaction.
"And I thought Claire was troublsome..."
LOL, looks like well need to assemble a squad of people to exercise face planting manuevers on Miata to prevent awakening (After all, it worked on clare.). Although I dont think Clarice could fit the bill, what with Miata being able to rip apart yoma with just her hands.

Last edited by emu777; 2007-11-05 at 01:24.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:57   Link #309
azurie

and don't forget lip lock on her nipples from 500 feet hehe
Old 2007-11-05, 00:02   Link #310
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

We know Galatea was sent on a lot of very difficult missions after lying about Clare, and that she left during the confusion in the organization after Pieta. When she saw Alicia awaken, she still had her eyes, so the injury came after that. I am still unsure as to whether it was self inflicted or not. I believe she could regenerate her eyes at any time as she is a defensive type. It might be really interesting if she cannot regenerate her eyes because of the nature of the attack.

If she did get the injury during a battle, the most likely time I can imagine is after the fall of Pieta, but before she left the organization. They may have finally sent Galatea on a true suicide mission somewhere (maybe to hunt whatever is attacking Rabona) and that could be where she lost her eyes. The wound sure isn't a clean cut, which makes me think it wasn't a Claymore that did it. Really it could have been a hopeless mission until her eyes were cut out, enabling her to read youki as she does now. This would also give her a final reason and a chance to leave the organization.

I think Galatea might keep her blind advantage because the only people who are threats to her are those that use youki; whether they be Claymores or Awakened Beings. Right now she can see them better than ever before so for battle purposes she really isn't blind; she is almost enhanced. I don't know whether she can see humans, but I don't think any human could kill her (nor would they want to! Unless it was because of jealousy; mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all? Although Miria's new outfit + pony tail is pretty good ).

If the wound was self inflicted, she must have really gone all out on it. Like dousing her face in alcohol and lighting it on fire. If she did it herself, it must have been a deeply reflective moment and one that really didn't fit with her aesthetic appeals. She may have done it right outside of Pieta to make sure she got to the right place. Just speculation though.

Also another thought; Galatea knows about half awakening. If Miata does go nuts, she could work with Clarice to calm her down and bring her back from over her limit by synchronizing. That would be interesting.
Old 2007-11-05, 00:47   Link #311
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My thought is the Organization sent Galatea on a really tricky mission to get her killed in the process since she knew too much including the true nature of no 1 and 2. The Organization could in my theory, sent Raphaela to kill Galatea. Since Raphaela is a quite powerful Claymore, I think she is capable of hurting Galatea.

If my theory is correct, that means Galatea went MIA after she killed one of the most ancient and powerful Claymore in service but incurred severe injury. To take this theory postulation further, it could be Raphaela decided to die on Galatea's hand and Galatea in gesture of solidarity and sisterhood of war, blinds herself in Raphaela's honour. And in the process she found out that her senses work even better blind so she stick with it.

Far fetched but interesting if you think about it.
Old 2007-11-05, 00:49   Link #312
Noelle
CLAYMORE LALA-LAND

Send a message via MSN to Noelle
But I thought Raphaela died when she was caught up in the battle between Isley and Luciela, [or more likely, after she killed her sister] according to Audrey... or was that another elaborate lie done by the organization?

Unless you're stating Raphaela was sent to kill Galatea after she killed Luciela?
Old 2007-11-05, 00:51   Link #313
stormy001_M1A2

Yes, that is my statement.

Afterall, she is Organization's ninja assassin type.
Old 2007-11-05, 00:59   Link #314
Noelle
CLAYMORE LALA-LAND

It's possible, and interesting.

Still, I'd have thought, if Galatea were to blind herself, she wouldn't have left a scar of sorts across her eyes... she could have gouged them out or what, I don't know.

The scar across her eyes looked as if something had swiped across her face, taking both her eyes together with it, but that's just my observation. >_>
Old 2007-11-05, 01:34   Link #315
redmeat

Galatea gave off a strange vibe in this chapter. She doesn't look as elegant as before. There is a possibility that she's become evil and had already allied with Riful. The creature that appeared could be Riful's minion coming to save Galatea or Riful herself. I can imagine Galatea using the little kids as human shields to defend herself from Clarice and Miata while she's escaping. Definitely a possible future role reversal here.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:28   Link #316
stormy001_M1A2

Cool theory but a lot of Galatea fans will lynch you for it. hehehehe
Old 2007-11-05, 02:36   Link #317
Noelle
CLAYMORE LALA-LAND

Yeah, like me. =.=

If Galatea had already allied with Riful, she would probably have Awakened. In 73 Miata says she smells the scent of a very strong Claymore. Last I recall Claymore and Awakened are totally different, in terms of aura and Yoki I think, so... kinda impossible. Unless she somehow convinced Riful to let her remain a Claymore and yet ally with her, which I don't think is quite plausible.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:38   Link #318
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
The cut looks way too jagged to be self inflicted tbh, thats why I believe it was caused by someone else.
Don't know if it was self inflicted but still I think Galatea allowed her eyes be injured. The reason why she would deface herself could be to make herself less attractive for better protection from potential "bad guys" who would want to have fun with her, which could lead to blow her cover. If it wasn't directly by her hand, maybe someone helped her and did it in a way no one would suspect it was self inflicted. Don't know how many of you saw someone with such a cut in real life , but usually scar looks way worse than wound itself, but I've never had any serious wound on my face so I don't know how's it like. Is there a doctor in the house ?
It doesn't look like a wound inflicted with a sword, so Rafaela (or other claymore) being a culprit is unlikely I think. I don't think it was powerful AB either (she could sense from a mile what adversary is waiting on her), Galatea wouldn't fight in a hopeless battle if she didn't have to, and if I'm right she was sent on missions alone (due lack of staff) so she didn't have to worry that someone other than herself could be injured. I refuse to think that someone could do it to her in a battle :P.
Old 2007-11-05, 06:02   Link #319
Flar

Why exactly would Galatea want the wound to look self inflicted?
Old 2007-11-05, 06:15   Link #320
killer3000ad

Self-mutilation? By Miss Claymore? I don't think so.