AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-26, 14:13   Link #301
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Kaioshin, you ask why people like the manga so much more. I'm not sure I can give a real answer, except to say that there was something about the manga that gave me a fresh feeling that the anime hasn't so far. The story is clearly in a shounen genre in both, but for me the feeling of the relationships was beyond shounen in the manga. The characters and relationships came across with more edge and subtlety.

And Kuro is just that little bit more wild and impenetrable -- and cute -- in the manga. The anime is catching up in that regard, lol. I do think the story stands or falls on Kuro. Her level of power/weakness/cuteness/roughness/caring. The bandages and more. So if they can bring her along, all may be well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 17:31   Link #302
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Im starting to like Keita as much as I like Tomoya from Clannad and Yuji from Shana ...

I will continue to watch Kurokami because Kuro is <333 but HOLY COW Keita, what a retard.

edit: lmao the snychro ;_;

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2009-01-26 at 18:28.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:02   Link #303
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
From the info i can find Kurokami came first, then Fate Stay night.
Fate/staynight is actually a 2004 game title. Kurokami is a 2005 manga title. So Fate/staynight actually predates Kurokami.

That synchro scene looked like it had a little Fate/staynight influence going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Kuro similar to Shana? I blame it on the propaganda
Spoiler:

Outsides of that, the animation isn't even remotely similar.
Well I'm looking forward to seeing how she fights in that dress. It looks a lot better than what she is wearing now.

Last edited by orion; 2009-01-26 at 23:12.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:13   Link #304
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Actually kurokami was started in 2004, it just wasnt published until 2005
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:24   Link #305
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Actually kurokami was started in 2004, it just wasnt published until 2005
Well if it was "started" after January 2004, it still comes after Fate/staynight. With those markings on the hands, it's prob safe to say that F/sn came first.
Old 2009-01-27, 01:05   Link #306
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Not neccesserily, Park himself has stated the idea of KK had been around for some time, and that some concepts were started long before he actually started to officially work on the series.

Saying he took the idea of the seals from FSN is just plain nuts IMO. There are only so many places you can put a mark like that and have it visible when it's needed for the story, and those are the hands, face or eye (as in code gease). With such a limited scope to be used it's hardly surprising that they both ended up on the hand, since that way it dosent hinder the faces in any way, and can be easily hidden (hands in pockets, gloves etc etc).

Places such as the chest, arms and legs, would require the person to strip a bit before it's visible, which isnt always possible in a series like this. In shows like ikkitousen, with high ecchi content, it is, but in semi serious ones like this it isnt.

Apparently the ideas for KK came around while working on NOW, which started back in 2001.

But meh, it don't really matter anyway, it's a chicken or the egg argument lol, and just as pointless. Pretty much every series is going to be clones to a degree, there are older titles that have seals on the hands, or other body parts.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 15:29   Link #307
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally , this anime is not for me , it didn't entertains me .
Keita already acting like a strong guy and a boss "Kill him" (reminds me in ep2 , he was like Super Sayan omg )
In the cover , Kuro seems a badass girls who is not gentle but not .
Shakugan no Shana is more better far away .
Well see ya !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 15:30   Link #308
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Meh more evidence that this is moving towards cliche shonen drek...Stupid promising first episode/ED tricking me into thinking it might be more...

I'll probably stick it out though unless it gets downright clunky with its storytelling which it kinda skirted dangerously close to most of this episode...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 03:44   Link #309
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Maybe one day people can actually start talking about the show itself anytime soon? Yes, it's a shame the manga wasn't copied 100%. Happens to a lot of shows. Let it go.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 05:27   Link #310
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Maybe one day people can actually start talking about the show itself anytime soon? Yes, it's a shame the manga wasn't copied 100%. Happens to a lot of shows. Let it go.
Except from the manga readers disappointment, I honestly do not think that there is much to talk about. Nice animation, OK art, story is for middle/high-schoolers with a short attention span, BGM is unnoticeable, VAs are mediocre and the dub is hilarious, etc. A standard shounen-fest, honestly I see no reason someone would pick Kurokami over Naruto or Bleach, as long as we are constrained by genre and age-group.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 06:28   Link #311
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Except from the manga readers disappointment, I honestly do not think that there is much to talk about.
I haven't read the manga, and i have quite a bit i'd like to talk about. Pretty damn certain it's the same for the other non-manga readers like myself.
Old 2009-01-28, 06:34   Link #312
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
People rarely talk about the shows themselves anymore If find. They talk about and listed in order of "importance":

The studios
The writers
The staff directors
The voice actors

seemingly anything but the actual content of the shows themselves. Sometimes if the planets are in perfect alignment you might get somebody who talks about the art, the animation, the music or their favourite character, but that's as close as you ever get but for a few holdouts like me for example who still want to discuss concepts, plot and overall presentation, but can rarely find anyone to do it with. Damn frustrating and one of the reasons I come across as surly and full of flames/harsh words all the time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 06:39   Link #313
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, that's a good point.

Also, unless a studio is named Gonzo or even Kyoto Animation, Sunrise gets a lot of flack because its name happens to be "Sunrise".

Quote:
Except from the manga readers disappointment, I honestly do not think that there is much to talk about. Nice animation, OK art, story is for middle/high-schoolers with a short attention span, BGM is unnoticeable, VAs are mediocre and the dub is hilarious, etc. A standard shounen-fest, honestly I see no reason someone would pick Kurokami over Naruto or Bleach, as long as we are constrained by genre and age-group.
If anything, I appreciate the fatalism of the show's attitude over death and the no hold barred type of violence (even if it borders on the Naruto/Bleach aspects of hand to hand fighting). I guess there's also the fact that it's being pushed out on such a fast notice overseas and over here as well. Again, this show has to be one of the fast released officially-dubbed show I've ever seen. Sunrise tends to be rather fickle with transitions and it shows, I guess.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 07:27   Link #314
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I don't read the manga . Its just my opinion . well we can talking our opinion right ?
Maybe one day .......... ?? hum ... we actually talking about the show .....
The more you watch anime , more you know the similitary between such anime and such other anime (except some animes who are rare )
Here we have Kurokami who is similar to Shakugan no Shana , To aru majutsu no index etc ..... well this is typical in japan to make such anime , like harem .
but me , this show don't entertains me as a shana or index .
Gonzo can make some crap anime and some great anime . The other too . After , it depends on the people who make the anime . (above all the budgets first )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 09:17   Link #315
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
People rarely talk about the shows themselves anymore If find. They talk about and listed in order of "importance":

The studios
The writers
The staff directors
The voice actors

seemingly anything but the actual content of the shows themselves. Sometimes if the planets are in perfect alignment you might get somebody who talks about the art, the animation, the music or their favourite character, but that's as close as you ever get but for a few holdouts like me for example who still want to discuss concepts, plot and overall presentation, but can rarely find anyone to do it with.
... implying that they can at least identify the reasons behind the quality in art, scripts, etc. and they refrain from shallow observations or at least they pretend to

In the threads aren't we supposed to discuss and not review and state the obvious, right?

Quote:
Damn frustrating and one of the reasons I come across as surly and full of flames/harsh words all the time.
I gave you my opinion on that and the rest of the discussion has no place in this thread.
Old 2009-01-28, 15:51   Link #316
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
... implying that they can at least identify the reasons behind the quality in art, scripts, etc. and they refrain from shallow observations or at least they pretend to

In the threads aren't we supposed to discuss and not review and state the obvious, right?

I gave you my opinion on that and the rest of the discussion has no place in this thread.
This coming from the guy who has been rehashing the same complaint about how the show doesn't match up to the manga for the last 15 pages now.
Old 2009-01-28, 16:20   Link #317
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
The studios
The writers
The staff directors
The voice actors
As someone who likes to talk about the last three things you list, my impression is that they hardly get talked about at all. One's impression depends on one's point of view, I guess. However, I do agree that we talk about comparison to manga too much. That way lies madness, lol.

Anyway, please come forward with riveting posts on "plot, concepts and overall presentation", so I can tell what you mean.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 16:52   Link #318
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
This coming from the guy who has been rehashing the same complaint about how the show doesn't match up to the manga for the last 15 pages now.
lol, to precise half were complaints, the rest just bashing at Sunrise

But, seriously, source and animation aside, the characters and plot are at best mediocre and certainly nothing new.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:05   Link #319
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
lol, to precise half were complaints, the rest just bashing at Sunrise
No, all were complaining about the anime not matching up to the manga in one way or another. Also if that was an attempt at baiting I think you should know that it doesn't actually work.

Quote:
But, seriously, source and animation aside, the characters and plot are at best mediocre and certainly nothing new.
Yeah at least we can agree on something, though like I said the manga isn't exactly god's gift to plot and character either. And perhaps you might want to take my, Kaoru Chujo and SuperKnuckles advice among others and just let the whole thing go. Unless you actually really do just want to stay on and bash the anime for the sake of it.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:28   Link #320
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
No, all were complaining about the anime not matching up to the manga in one way or another.
Depends on the point-of-view.

Quote:
Also if that was an attempt at baiting I think you should know that it doesn't actually work.
It was self-sarcasm, lad

Quote:
Yeah at least we can agree on something, ...
I am glad you finally noticed it

Quote:
... though like I said the manga isn't exactly god's gift to plot and character either. And perhaps you might want to take my, Kaoru Chujo and SuperKnuckles advice among others and just let the whole thing go. Unless you actually really do just want to stay on and bash the anime for the sake of it.
We should take your, Kaoru Chujo and SuperKnuckles advice then and refrain from further discussing the manga in this thread.

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise