AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-24, 06:57   Link #301
Mr Nr

I don't know whether to be excited or scared but please let this be at the very least enjoyable. All I want is Yuuji's inner monologue intact and keeping the tone of the visual novel. If if it does those two and then I'll be happy. The animation looks really solid especially the car scene (which does make me question if it's going that route or there was another scene similar that I've forgotten or doing the true route). Animation style looks unique and hey its got Akio Watanabe as the chief animation director so it should be really good judging by his previous work on Monogatari. The only thing left I'm worrying about (expect of course the number of episodes and adaption route) is Yuuji's voice actor Takahiro Sakurai not heard. I'm very curious how his going to be portray Yuuji but his a very good actor so hopefully the director understands the character to a T (especially the inner monologue). I'm praying to the anime gods for this to be good and given they have taken their time (I mean hey for all we know this might have taken longer for them just to figure a way out to adapt this) this should be at least good. At the very least please be good.
Old 2014-09-24, 10:03   Link #302
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I bet they'll adapt all the routes somehow if they want to live that chance for Meiykyuu and Rakuen adaptations.

For now looks like all the scenes are true to VN. It's a good thing. To bad there won't be online pre-aring only the closed one in cinemas
Old 2014-09-25, 12:15   Link #303
Tsukishima Starrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyyuuji View Post

they added a few scenes
Text Translation from ANN:

Text: That academy was the girls' orchard.
Chizuru: Welcome to Mihama Academy. This is the normal academy you had requested!
Sachi: Are you the transfer student that was scheduled to arrive today?
Michiru: Transfer student!? Don't make me say "nice to meet you!" Say it yourself!
Yumiko: I absolutely will not accept you.
Text: The punishment of surviving.
Amane: Because I'm in love with you...
Text: Dying while living
Michiru: If that's true, then you have to call me "Lady Michiru."
Text: Nobody will protect me
Makina: What's your favorite animal?
Text: A sin that was fought against...
Sachi: I don't know what I should call you...
Text: Six fruits that bare their fangs at the world.
Yumiko: There are no normal people in this academy... And that includes you.
Text: Her birth itself was a mistake.
Girl: I found you...!
Old 2014-09-25, 21:01   Link #304
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nr View Post
I don't know whether to be excited or scared but please let this be at the very least enjoyable. All I want is Yuuji's inner monologue intact and keeping the tone of the visual novel.
Agreed, I do hope that some of Yuuji's internal monologue is retained, the same way that the Haruhi anime managed to keep a lot of Kyon's. I also kind of hope that the characters' mean streak is toned down a little (though this was really only a problem for me in the Common Route) - I know it's supposed to be funny, and there were many times that it was, but there were also times that the hateful and disparaging comments got to be a little much for me.

One thing that I'm looking forward to far as characterization goes is seeing Yuuji animated. It's easy to forget sometimes just how troubled he is since his psyche isn't delved into that much during the original, but the dead eyes that are on frequent display in the anime should serve as a constant reminder of the kind of person he is.
Old 2014-09-25, 23:59   Link #305
Ii_chan
Silent Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukishima Starrk View Post
Text Translation from ANN:

Text: That academy was the girls' orchard.
Chizuru: Welcome to Mihama Academy. This is the normal academy you had requested!
Sachi: Are you the transfer student that was scheduled to arrive today?
Michiru: Transfer student!? Don't make me say "nice to meet you!" Say it yourself!
Yumiko: I absolutely will not accept you.
Text: The punishment of surviving.
Amane: Because I'm in love with you...
Text: Dying while living
Michiru: If that's true, then you have to call me "Lady Michiru."
Text: Nobody will protect me
Makina: What's your favorite animal?
Text: A sin that was fought against...
Sachi: I don't know what I should call you...
Text: Six fruits that bare their fangs at the world.
Yumiko: There are no normal people in this academy... And that includes you.
Text: Her birth itself was a mistake.
Girl: I found you...!
who's identity of girl that said 'i found you' there?
Old 2014-09-26, 00:08   Link #306
Juicyyuuji

thought the last girl was Yumiko but listening it the second time it kinda sounds like Makina, but it wouldn't make sense for either of them to say "I found you".

Spoiler for last girl:

Last edited by Juicyyuuji; 2014-09-26 at 00:28.
Old 2014-09-26, 00:55   Link #307
Ii_chan
Silent Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyyuuji View Post
thought the last girl was Yumiko but listening it the second time it kinda sounds like Makina, but it wouldn't make sense for either of them to say "I found you".

Spoiler for last girl:
I think, the car scene is when JB visited yuuji in school.

well, I think of that too. the statement 'i found you' is really not makes sense if one of them say that.

Spoiler for from vn:
Old 2014-09-26, 16:23   Link #308
Juicyyuuji

striped panties is not sexy. I hope i'm not the only one that wants to see the chibis return

Last edited by Juicyyuuji; 2014-09-26 at 17:27.
Old 2014-09-27, 17:02   Link #309
MCAL

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ol-crew/.79290

Crunchyroll will stream the series.
Old 2014-09-27, 17:20   Link #310
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Thank god. I really hoped for this.
Old 2014-09-27, 18:24   Link #311
Juicyyuuji

so CR will stream it tomorrow and not October fifth?
Old 2014-09-28, 01:02   Link #312
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Maybe ANN is mistaken. I don't remember Cruncyroll making pre-airs.

UPD: I checked Crunchyroll. It's Tribe Cool Crew will be airing starting today. Grisaia will air from October 5th as it should
Old 2014-09-28, 01:34   Link #313
Juicyyuuji

thanks. while browsing from twitter I'm hearing that a lot of people thought the first episode was amazing(following close to the original) and if I understood correctly they may have have been over the top with pantsu service.

Last edited by Juicyyuuji; 2014-09-28 at 02:09.
Old 2014-09-30, 04:24   Link #314
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
Booby Docking
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Lingerie
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Count me in on this series

Last edited by mangatron; 2014-09-30 at 06:19.
Old 2014-09-30, 23:18   Link #315
Kaniro9AD

I love the Grisaia Trilogy.. and im looking forward to the anime i have a question do you know how many episodes are going to be. one cour or split cour ?

Im Hoping for 25 episodes at least.. i wanna see kazuki so badly.
Old 2014-09-30, 23:43   Link #316
Juicyyuuji

they will probably announce the number of episodes a day before the anime airs.also I heard that someone used a cam to record the first half of the anime from the udx theatre. I'm trying to find it.

you might want to change your avatar
Old 2014-10-01, 00:02   Link #317
MAX_COLA_POWER!

So show of hands, how many of you guys want this to be the new Yosuga no Sora of this season? Cause truth be told, part of me hopes it is, and the other part not so much because it's pretty much imagining Keima from TWGOK going beyond the heart conquering kiss to make sure the job's finished for each girl^^;;.
Old 2014-10-01, 02:10   Link #318
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
So show of hands, how many of you guys want this to be the new Yosuga no Sora of this season? Cause truth be told, part of me hopes it is, and the other part not so much because it's pretty much imagining Keima from TWGOK going beyond the heart conquering kiss to make sure the job's finished for each girl^^;;.
Not sure why you are comparing Grisaia with something as mediocre as Yosuga no Sora (character, plot wise and many other factors don't come close). I seriously doubt that you are going to see H-scenes animated from this adaptation as well
Old 2014-10-01, 02:22   Link #319
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It's only like 13 episodes, I think.
Don't get your hopes up, there's a possibility it'll be the canon route mentioned in the latter two games, rather than an omnibus thing like YnS or a specific heroine route.

I'm kinda scared they might just do Yumiko's though.
Old 2014-10-01, 03:19   Link #320
Mr Nr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's only like 13 episodes, I think.
Don't get your hopes up, there's a possibility it'll be the canon route mentioned in the latter two games, rather than an omnibus thing like YnS or a specific heroine route.

I'm kinda scared they might just do Yumiko's though.
I personally think there is no way they be able to do 13 episodes unless they just do it the common route (I believe it has the longest common route in visual novels ranging around 20 hours). I feel like given Grisaia is quite popular in Japan that they will do the visual novel justice. I reckon they will do the canon route it's just that I have no clue how they are going to do it. There's a reason why they didn't do said route in the first place. Thankfully the writers at least main vn writer Ryuuta Fujisaki is supervising with the scripts so there is a possibility for him adding in the new content. Thankfully the first episode impressed people during the pre-airing so I do have some confidence in this being good. It's got a good director, writer, animation director and source material that's popular.

Also am I the only one that liked Yumiko's route? I mean it wasn't the best (that goes to Makina) but hey I've read a hell of lot worse routes from other visuals novels. It just might have been bad because it was the 'final' route probably.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, eroge, harem, romance, seinen