Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-14, 12:30   Link #3221
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To follow-up my Madoka Magica in J-SaiMoe 2011 = nWo in WCW joke, I requested a fitting photoshop for it.

Kudos to Reverzer0 for his work here!

Behold! :

Kyubey Bischoff: We are in control!
If it ends like this, then the Moe Night Wars will most certainly be over.

Poor poor Goldberg Kanade.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-14, 13:03   Link #3222
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Index and Kuroneko are leading, but it's reasonably close
Old 2011-10-14, 14:42   Link #3223
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

For the last few matches,

Elsie won. Poor Run. Since both are the natural airhead moe type and are truly moe, nothing much to say here.

Ika won as expected and win not a strong support base which is also expected. Ika's chances of winning actually depends on revenge voting as really no one hates Ika (she is as inoffensive as they come) and its quite palatable to anyone for her to win (rather than someone that is hated)

Sayaka won quite well against the fake guy but i see her vote total not as her true support but rather as her getting supported for the increased chance of using her to win one of the other Mahou Shoujo then pulling the rug under her. Throughout the series her popularity in japanese magazine polls have always been the worst, so f was forced to face a MS, i would prefer her. I think the real strength of the MS faction is only about 400-450 and these are probably from non dedicated voters

Bleh Shirayuki from the bleh series won. Fortunately, thats the end of the contest for her as she's gone in the next match.

A self inflicted wound by TWOK. I see some peeps pushing up Ayumi. Hard to say if this was deliberate to neuter Haqua or it was simply the effect of the OVA as Haqua really has very little screen time.

As for the Mami match, it probably went like this
Yoshika: I'm a strike witch!
Mami: Didn't you read the newsletter? Witches are out of style. It's all so last universe. Oh would you like to be my friend?
Yoshika: I lost my powers?!? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *despair*
Madoka: Its ok, i'll accept you before you become a witch
Yoshika: Really? Can i bring my dog?
Madoka: Sure, i've got lots of space in this place
Yoshika: *happiness*
Mami: Oh no! I'm friendless again! *cries*
Madoka: Gambatte Mami-san! Don't lose your head over it!
Old 2011-10-14, 15:07   Link #3224
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post

Sayaka won quite well against the fake guy but i see her vote total not as her true support but rather as her getting supported for the increased chance of using her to win one of the other Mahou Shoujo then pulling the rug under her. Throughout the series her popularity in japanese magazine polls have always been the worst, so f was forced to face a MS, i would prefer her. I think the real strength of the MS faction is only about 400-450 and these are probably from non dedicated voters
Yep, I definitely picked the right user title to go with my Sayaka Miki avatar.

She gets more votes than two RailDex girls combined do in a three-way battle.

She wins by a very comfortable margin over the Infinite Stratos ace.

And she still gets absolutely no respect at all...

Moe Rodney Dangerfield indeed.

There's no good reason not to see her vote totals in the match against Charlotte as an accurate reflection of her true support. Even if she is the least popular main PMMM character, that might still leave her as one of the 8 or so most popular girls of all.
Old 2011-10-14, 15:39   Link #3225
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
There's no good reason not to see her vote totals in the match against Charlotte as an accurate reflection of her true support. Even if she is the least popular main PMMM character, that might still leave her as one of the 8 or so most popular girls of all.
I only need to say one thing. Go look at Mami, Kyoko and Madoka's vote totals. If you cannot understand what that means, i'll leave you to your happy fantasizing
Old 2011-10-14, 16:00   Link #3226
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I only need to say one thing. Go look at Mami, Kyoko and Madoka's vote totals.
My argument already accounted for that -----> "Even if she is the least popular main PMMM character, that might still leave her as one of the 8 or so most popular girls of all."
Old 2011-10-14, 18:21   Link #3227
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
I think you're wrong. If they're getting 400-450 votes against nobodies, then their true strength is probably hidden. Since she was against a fairly strong opponent, Sayaka's 519 is probably right on the money for how strong she is.
Old 2011-10-14, 19:58   Link #3228
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I think you're wrong. If they're getting 400-450 votes against nobodies, then their true strength is probably hidden. Since she was against a fairly strong opponent, Sayaka's 519 is probably right on the money for how strong she is.
Yeah, I agree. That sounds fair and accurate to me.

I think Sayaka could conceivably get more than 519, but it would depend on either brand new voters jumping into the J-SaiMoe competitions, or some sort of extenuating circumstance (Sayaka benefiting from a movement to snipe her opponent, for example).
Old 2011-10-14, 20:12   Link #3229
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Mami handily wins her match without the need for my support. No comment for the Shirayuki-Yuuko match, since I don't know either girl or the shows from which they came from. It's Kuroneko's turn to fight today.

Picks:
G1: Index
H2: Kuroneko - I expect nothing less from a favorite, even if it's against someone who I also really like.

Quote:
I only need to say one thing. Go look at Mami, Kyoko and Madoka's vote totals. If you cannot understand what that means, i'll leave you to your happy fantasizing
Perhaps it's the other way around and it's you who's still fantasizing about Sayaka lacking any true strength of her own. Her recent one-on-one match with Charlotte was won fair and square without the advantage of opponent vote splits and combo votes, and Charlotte herself is no pushover. Group E is the block of death filled with potentially dangerous opponents, yet you completely ignore just how far she has come with such consistent numbers. Compare this with Madoka who has faced nothing but fodder and low-midcarders through Group C and Mami who has had only midcarders to oppose her in Group F.

But, then again, I remember your cynical arguments from the Sayaka Miki thread, and it's probably impossible for haters who are unwilling to listen to understand.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:45   Link #3230
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

The only people who has officially beaten any PMMM character is Mikoto Misaka and Sui Shijima.
Old 2011-10-14, 21:01   Link #3231
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Sui Shijima: Total Badass.

Never forget
Old 2011-10-14, 23:12   Link #3232
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 2-0 (11-1, 77-63)
Predictions: 2-0 (11-1, 108-32)

I guess Haqua winning is a good thing, but her vote counts to date aren't that impressive at all...

Picks: Haruka, Asuha
Predictions: Index, Kuroneko

I am a loyal follower of Commando Asuha. FOR FREEDOM!
Old 2011-10-14, 23:58   Link #3233
ion475
にこにこにー

Another perfect day. Now 11-1 in Round 3 and 104-36 Overall.

Haqua-Ayumi is closer than I thought (Means Haqua is not strong...basically). Mami? Well, not like it matter...

Onto G/H.

G3-1: Index - She beat Kirino, so Haruka, who's one notch below her, shouldn't be a problem.
H3-2: Kuroneko - Kuroneko v. Kanade final now that Kirino is out...
Old 2011-10-15, 00:20   Link #3234
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Saimoe has had more than the usual fare of hilarious chokes, so a possibility is never out.

But yeah, Index is probably biting Haruka not gently.

Never forget
Old 2011-10-15, 00:36   Link #3235
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Saimoe has had more than the usual fare of hilarious chokes, so a possibility is never out.

But yeah, Index is probably biting Haruka not gently.
i look at the numbers that index has this year and i can help thinking in a normal year. it would have been index who would have face Homura in the opening round and put a decent fight but still lose.
Old 2011-10-15, 00:39   Link #3236
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
My argument already accounted for that -----> "Even if she is the least popular main PMMM character, that might still leave her as one of the 8 or so most popular girls of all."
No I think Kyouko's the least popular. Though Sayaka's the only character besides Homuhomu who hasn't gotten crazy beatdown percentage. Besides even if she wasn't the strongest, she can already look like an ace or something.
Old 2011-10-15, 02:22   Link #3237
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
*Points Homura*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Perhaps it's the other way around and it's you who's still fantasizing about Sayaka lacking any true strength of her own. Her recent one-on-one match with Charlotte was won fair and square without the advantage of opponent vote splits and combo votes, and Charlotte herself is no pushover. Group E is the block of death filled with potentially dangerous opponents, yet you completely ignore just how far she has come with such consistent numbers. Compare this with Madoka who has faced nothing but fodder and low-midcarders through Group C and Mami who has had only midcarders to oppose her in Group F.

But, then again, I remember your cynical arguments from the Sayaka Miki thread, and it's probably impossible for haters who are unwilling to listen to understand.
As said i'll leave the blind to their fantasizing
Old 2011-10-15, 04:36   Link #3238
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
As said i'll leave the blind to their fantasizing
Well, if you're not even willing to read or take others' views into consideration, then it ends here. There's no point in arguing with someone like you who is in denial and selectively blind to facts.
Old 2011-10-15, 07:56   Link #3239
Hachiko
The Akita

Soooooo...do we have ourselves an update or what?
Old 2011-10-15, 08:30   Link #3240
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. That sounds fair and accurate to me.

I think Sayaka could conceivably get more than 519, but it would depend on either brand new voters jumping into the J-SaiMoe competitions, or some sort of extenuating circumstance (Sayaka benefiting from a movement to snipe her opponent, for example).
You can beat a Puella Magi if you get 600 votes. And that's why Mikoto's winning Saimoe.

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament